Start by marking “Deadly Identity (Jackson Hole, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Identity (Jackson Hole, #2)

Deadly Identity (Jackson Hole #2)

One tragic decision dashed Rachel Carson's plans and made her scared of her own shadow. Now on the run, she must forever give up the hope of loveor a baby. But with her new identity, she can help care for a motherless little girl, left in the protection of handsome Sheriff Cade Garner.
As tough as his Wyoming mountains, Cade takes his responsibilities seriously. He will do
Published November 16th 2010 by HQN Books (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Identity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Identity

Jamie Kline
Oct 18, 2010 Jamie Kline rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley
As the book begins, we meet Susan who is battered by her husband Dirk. She just barely escapes with her life, but her unborn daughter is not so lucky. Her husband is caught and put in prison, but Susan is still in danger from the rest of the members of the drug cartel that Dirk is a part of. She is placed in witness protection by the FBI and her name is changed to Rachel Carson. It is 5 years later and she is being relocated again...Dirk is on the loose and could find her at any moment. Her FBI ...more
Uthie
May 22, 2014 Uthie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hidup Rachel Carson terancam karena ia memenjarakan seorang mafia narkoba sekaligus suaminya. Saat ini, Dirk, sang mafia berhasil melarikan diri dari penjara dan ia berminat menuntut balas dendan pada Rachel. Atas saran FBI Rachel wajib menjalankan program perlindungan saksi. Ia pun dipindahkan ke Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Di hari kedatangannya ke Jackson Hole, Rachel dihadapkan pada kecelakaan lalu lintas. Seorang perempuan dan bayinya menjadi korban dalam kejadian tersebut.

Sheriff Cade mendapati
April
Feb 07, 2011 April rated it it was amazing
DEADLY IDENTITY by Lindsey McKenna is a romantic suspense/fiction set in present day Jackson Hole,Wyoming.It is the continuation of the "Jackson Hole,Wyoming series" and can be read as a stand alone. It is well written with depth,details,twists and turns.It has guilt,tragedy,love,romance,drug cartel,witness protection,FBI,spousal abuse,mystery,death,murder,plastic surgery,hidden identity,deception,lies,nightmares,family,protection,fear,new life and second chances.The characters are charming,and ...more
Kelly Moran
Aug 03, 2012 Kelly Moran rated it liked it
Shelves: my-reviews
One bad decision changed Rachel's life forever. After her ex-husband killed their unborn child, and nearly killed her, Rachel testifies against her drug lord husband and lands in the FBI's witness protection program. But now he's escaped, and Rachel flees to a small Wyoming town where she falls in love with Sheriff Cade Turner, his adopted baby girl, and the entire small community. But when her past finds her, the consequences can be deadly.

This is my first time reading a McKenna book. In honest
Joanie
Feb 17, 2013 Joanie rated it really liked it
Susan was abused by her husband, Dirk, and subsequently lost her baby as a result of him punching her. He was sent to jail after she testified against him and she was put into the witness protection system.
She had to change her name and move-then Dirk excaped the prison so she was on the move again known as Rachel, this time. On her way to Jackson Hole, she came across an accidnet that took the life of a young mother but the little baby survived only to be the godchild of Cade, a member of the
Janet Stites
Aug 27, 2011 Janet Stites rated it it was ok
while this was a fairly decent book there was to much about they way the 2 charachters boh wanted to hae se wth each other, but couldnt let the other one know...it was like the athor had 500 ways to say the same thing to fill up the book. i would liked to have a little more ( not much, but a little) of dirk stalking the mother or something more to sink my teeth into. basic story was good, but could have been better. (even if they left some out some of the sexual tension and just had less pages.)
Angelic Zaizai

3,5 bintang

Ini seri kedua dari serialnya Lindsay McKenna, jujur sih lebih suka ini daripada
buku pertamanya, lebih seru, karena tokoh ceweknya masuk program perlindungan
saksi, jadi agak lebih tegang huahaha
dan tokoh cowoknya pun deputi sheriff, yang seksi katanya, kalo yang pertama kan
koboi (dan pasti keringetan kan, errrr....) *digebukpecintakoboi* :D
penjahatnya juga lebih serem ini, trus yang mati banyak banget pula ...
rame deh pokoknya

jadi pengen belajar quilting, tapi harus bisa jait *nye
Linda
Oct 12, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
Do you believe in fate? Rachel Carson did not either when she met Sheriff Cade Garner after a fatal accident in Jackson Hole, Wyoming that left a tiny baby orphaned. She was running from her past and he was faced with being a single father of this little baby. Rachel was a nanny looking for a job and Sheriff Garner was needing someone to help him with his God Child. Fate stepped in and the mystery envelopes from her past. Good story
Emily Higgins
Apr 11, 2013 Emily Higgins rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Lindsay McHenna's early books kept you interested while telling a good story. In her later works, she emphasizes her characters goodness and dedication to saving our natural resources so much that the story is almost lost. The first two thirds of this book are boring as the characters keep questioning themselves whether they love the other person (duh, it's a romance) and how they could have put the other person in jeopardy. The last third of the book picks up the pace..
Joanne
May 29, 2013 Joanne rated it liked it
Susan Payson is now in the witness protection program after she testified against her abusive drug dealing husband and he vowed to kill her and her family. He escapes from prison and her handler sends her to Wyoming where the FBI figures he will never find her. She ends up with a new name and living with a deputy sheriff caring for his baby goddaughter. Will she live a lie for the rest of her life or will her ex-husband hunt her down and kill her?
Brandi
Jun 26, 2012 Brandi rated it it was ok

Slow suspense romance novel about a abused girl in the witness protection program hiding from her ex husband. Susan gets placed in a town called Jackson hole and meets a man,Cade,in which they fall in love and fight their feelings for one another. Wasn't my favorite book but I finished it so that has to count for something.
Gale
Apr 04, 2016 Gale rated it it was amazing
I was looking for something to read on my bookshelf and I found an "old" book that looked interesting: Deadly Identity. Wow. Let's just say that Rachel and Cade broke my heart. They do get their HEA but there is a wonderful story of intrigue and love and family that will keep you enthralled. I really enjoyed it.
La La
Dec 24, 2010 La La rated it it was ok
Shelves: sensual
I'm pretty much finished reading this book and all I can say is that it was extremely boring. I pretty much skipped through most of it. It's so sad that a book that started out so promising could go down in flames real fast. I don't know if I will read this author again.
Apr 13, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok
I liked the premise, but somehow it was kind of a boring read. It all dragged out too much...waiting for something to happen from the villain...waiting for the main characters to act on their suppressed feelings for each other. It had a lot of potential, just was too slow in execution.
Dana
Dana rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2014
Jaclyn
Jaclyn rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
Maeghan Chapin
Maeghan Chapin rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Owena Wing
Owena Wing rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Delia
Delia rated it it was ok
Mar 17, 2013
Debbie
Debbie rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2011
Renee Quimiro
Renee Quimiro rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Tabitha
Tabitha rated it really liked it
May 16, 2015
Valery Rhodes-Cournia
Valery Rhodes-Cournia rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Donna Clark
Donna Clark rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Marla
Marla rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Sahara
Sahara rated it really liked it
May 10, 2012
Denise
Denise rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2011
Rowan
Rowan rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2011
  • Body Work
  • Deadlier Than the Male: The Fiercest Heart\Lethal Lessons
  • Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4)
  • Paint It Red
  • Mercy (Beartooth, Montana, #5)
  • Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #5)
  • Red Blooded Murder (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #2)
  • Witness: Defending His Own\Guarding Jeannie (The Protectors)
  • Midnight Clear (Includes: Morgan's Mercenaries, #18)
  • Triumph in Arms (Masters at Arms, #6)
  • Spy Games (Spy Camp, #2)
  • Armed and Devastating (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #2; The Precinct #8)
  • Shades of Passion (SIG, #3)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Danny (The Mighty Quinns, #17)
  • Abandon the Dark (Watcher in the Dark, #3)
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Nowhere to Run: Not Without Risk / A Man to Die For
I've lived six lives in one and it all shows up in the books I write, one way or another.

I was always a risk taker and broke mustangs at thirteen years old in Oregon. I learn to break them with love, not threat or pain.

At 17 years old, I picked night-crawlers (worms) out in our Oregon orchards from 9pm to midnight, every night. I earned enough money to buy my school clothes and book. I also plunk
More about Lindsay McKenna...

Jackson Hole (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Shadows from the Past (Jackson Hole #1)
  • Deadly Silence (Jackson Hole, #3)
  • The Last Cowboy  (Jackson Hole, #4)
  • The Wrangler  (Jackson Hole, #5)
  • The Defender (Jackson Hole #6)
  • The Loner (Jackson Hole #7)
  • High Country Rebel (Jackson Hole #8)
  • Wolf Haven
  • Night Hawk (Jackson Hole, #10)
  • Out Rider