Start by marking “Fantasy (Hqn)” as Want to Read:
Fantasy (Hqn)

Fantasy (Visitation, North Carolina 0.5)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  971 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Brandi really means it when she says “Oh, you shouldn’t have” to her sister’s outrageous birthday gift—a five-day dream vacation to a lovers’ retreat… lover included. Just what is she going to do in paradise with sexy stranger Sebastian Sinclair? Anything and everything she wants.

2010 Lori Foster (P)2010 Harlequin
Audiobook
Published July 1st 2010 by Harlequin Enterprises, Ltd. (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Fantasy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fantasy

KarenH
Aside from the narrator's poor attempt to give everyone in the book a southern accent *grinds teeth, y'all*, the stud & the skittish colt do not work for me as a couple. No doubt Brandi had experienced some type of sexual trauma (rape? beating?)in her past, which made her extremely wary of the hottie her sister had "bought" for her at a benefit auction (complete with a 5-day stay at an exclusive couples resort); however, 100 pages later (and going on day 3 of the vacation) Brandi is still ho ...more
Elaine Mcdonald
I got the sample of the book and it started out great, so I purchased the book. If you like all sex and not much substance, this is the book for you. Although even the sex was not all that. It just didn't have enough depth with the storyline to really interest me.
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
«Voglio sapere tutto di te. Che cosa ti fa sorridere e che cosa ti fa piangere. Che cosa ti rende felice e che cosa ti rattrista. Voglio conoscere i tuoi sogni e i tuoi incubi, perché sono tutti parte di te»

Nei libri della Foster ho sempre trovato un mix di passione e suspance ma un'altra costante è il passato difficile che uno, o entrambi, i protagonisti hanno alle spalle. E qui infatti ritroviamo ancora una volta una donna ferita da un passato doloroso che le rende quasi impossibile il solo pe
Tammie
Jul 09, 2014 Tammie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5.00 Stars - Category/Contemporary Romance
Ellie
For me, this just didn't hit the spot.

It's a little bit more emotionally dramatic Lori Foster than I am use to. Maybe I wasn't in a happy or neutral place while reading this because I found that I often had to put it down and revert to another happy or smutty alternative. Or maybe there is just something about me and gang rape that just doesn't jive and I just don't want to read about it or its after effects.

I ended up stumbling through this book like how buck trying to walk for the first time,
Anastasia
When Brandi spots Sebastian on stage during a bachelor auction, she can't take her eyes off of him. He's just so...big and overwhelming. There's no doubt that he immediately he piques her interest, but the most Brandi plans to do is just look...or so she thinks. Unfortunately for Brandi, her sister, Shayla, picks up on the vibes between Sebastian and Brandi and decides to take matters into her own hands by "buying" Sebastian as a birthday gift for her little sister.

In addition to receiving Sebas
RLA
Jun 20, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Considering this book was written over 12 years ago, it doesn't seem dated at all.

The story begins with the female character, Brandi, attending a charity bachelor auction arranged by her sister. She feels an immediate attraction to Sebastian upon seeing him on stage up for grabs. Her sister notices this and bids on him with the explanation that he is a 'birthday present' for Brandi! The bachelor auction includes a five day luxury country retreat for the bidders and their bachelors. Brandi is ne
Kathy
Sep 16, 2012 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, sexy
Mya
Feb 07, 2015 Mya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok. I found that there could have been a great potential for passion but cold water doused it every time Brandi became timid again. Sebastian was sweet, but I was tired of hearing him say "you can trust me" and "It's up to you" etc. By the time I got to the end when he did get to make a move I didn't wanna read it. Not as good as the last one I read of hers (when you dare) only the second novel I have read from this author, I will try her again...
Mara
Jan 16, 2015 Mara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letto
Il mio primo approccio con Lori Foster purtroppo non é stato dei migliori :-(
Il personaggio maschile della storia é fantastico, ammirevole e più ke apprezzabile (fin troppo perfetto e paziente a volte) mentre lei, pur capendo i suoi incubi, l'ho trovata troppo spaventata, stufa di vivere, noiosa. A mio avviso il ritmo della storia composta da 10 capitoli, ha preso vita solo dal 6 capitolo; inoltre alcuni concetti, riflessioni e pensieri dei protagonisti vengono ripetuti più volte annoiando e ap
Marianne
Apr 23, 2011 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fantasy, another Blaze novel, is Lori Foster’s 4th novel. When pretty, man-shy Brandi’s gorgeous sister Shay gives her a five-day resort stay with hunky, sexy Sebastian as a birthday gift, she’s reluctant, but is ultimately convinced to participate. It turns out Sebastian is a sensitive guy who allows her to tie him to the bed and explore him at her own pace until she has overcome the fears that are a hang-over of a past trauma. Talk about self-sacrifice! His restraint pays off, of course, and t ...more
Micheeeleeee ❤️
This book was just a amazing. I think that Lori Foster did in an amazing job presenting this story. I instantly fell in love with the rough attitude of Sebastian and I was very curious of brandi. Loved this .
Heather
Mar 28, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Totally loved it. Sebastian is the kind of man I'd love to meet.
Lu Bielefeld *Book Whore Brazil*
Bem diferente do que eu esperava... mas gostei bastante e li de uma vez só, sem parar para respirar. Achei o herói muito TDB e sensível, pq ele gosta da heroína e investe tudo para faze-la feliz. A heroína sofreu um estupro e desde os 18 anos sofre com o acontecido e não deixa nenhum homem se aproximar. Ela bate o olho no mocinho e sente coisas que achava esquecidas. É uma história muito legal de aceitação e confiança entre os personagens e nos deixa com vontade de descobrir a história da irmã. ...more
Kimberly
Jan 05, 2013 Kimberly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't finish this book. I am ok with the set up, thought it would be really cute but the female in this book seems so fake. There was so much internal thought that I skipped whole paragraphs. The conversation seems so strained and unnatural. This book lacks a rhythm or a cadence that would lull you into their world. Maybe the editor could have fixed this because I have read a couple of Lori Fosters books and they were way better than this.
Meagan
Jul 31, 2010 Meagan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction
I enjoy Lori Foster for her fast pace, snappy dialogue, and her characters. While this was a fun enough, and fast, read, it lacked some of the sparkle and draw of Lori Foster at her best. I believe this is one of her early books (and it shows), so it's probably best that this book be left to Lori Foster's fans, and those just getting to know her start with one of her better books, such as Say No to Joe? or Causing Havoc.
Leslie
Apr 22, 2014 Leslie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normally I rate a majority of the romance books that I read by my favorite authors as a 3-star. This one, however, jumped out at me. I was drawn into the characters and the story quickly and really enjoyed the story.

As most romance novels, it has the normal predictability, but I liked it. :)
Kazen
Jan 29, 2013 Kazen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As Foster explains in her intro, this is a fantasy with a near-perfect guy. If you're looking to break up a bunch of heavy academic reading (like I was) it's a wonderful diversion. Thought about giving it four stars but several times it faded out when they got to the sex (boo!) so three it is.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
A bit different. The tenderness that Sebastian Sinclair deals with Brandi's issues is very touching. However, he is just a bit too perfect. And she's a bit too ready to get over her issues as well. But still fun.
Daphne Delacroix
Jul 23, 2011 Daphne Delacroix rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a beautiful book! Not a sex book, a heart-warming one. If you read the book, it takes Brandi over half the book to warm up to Sebastian but really it only two days. Thats the only problem I found
Michelle
Aug 09, 2011 Michelle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I guess it was not bad for being written 12 years ago but it didn't do too much for me in 2011. It had potential but fell short of the mark.
Bree
Jun 21, 2008 Bree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sexy-romance
a bit too much which is why i stay away from romance novels. it all happens too quick but the bedroom scenes are pretty nice to read.
PNR
Jul 07, 2011 PNR rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seriously, I can't get enough of the rape-survivor-heroine storyline. Recommendations, plz.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
A brawny yet understanding fella helps a woman recover from emotional scars.
Jessie
Jul 28, 2012 Jessie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Loved this book. Then again what book don't I love of Lori Foster's!
Mk Brookshire
I'm a sucker for contemporary romance and I really enjoyed this quick read.
Holly Amann
Holly Amann rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Lori Foster's New Winston Story Featured in New Anthology 1 6 Dec 01, 2009 09:45AM
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Sins From Her Past (Scandalous, #1)
  • Under His Skin
  • Hawk's Way: Carter & Falcon (Hawk's Way #5-6)
  • Northern Lights
  • Broken
  • Night Angel
  • Charmed (Ghost Hunters, #0.5; Winston Brothers, #2)
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Beautiful Girl
  • Once Forbidden (MacKendimen, #2)
  • Night's Promise (Club Strigoi, #3)
  • Quinn's Woman (Hometown Heartbreakers, #11)
  • To Kiss a Texan (McLain, #2)
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • Smart Mouth
  • Sleight of Hand  (Hart and Drake, #2)
  • Logan's Outlaw (Men of Defiance, #4)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Visitation, North Carolina (5 books)
  • Say No To Joe? (Visitation, North Carolina, #1)
  • The Secret Life Of Bryan (Visitation, North Carolina, #2)
  • When Bruce Met Cyn (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Just a Hint - Clint (Visitation, North Carolina, #4)
  • Jamie (Visitation, North Carolina, #5)