Start by marking “Mastering Beadwork” as Want to Read:
Mastering Beadwork

Mastering Beadwork

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Based on years of teaching experience, this informative handbook presents easy-to-understand instructions with sidebars to help students master beading techniques. Each of the 13 beading techniques are first explained in detail, then further explored with projects to enhance the beader's skills and confidence. The 63 projects included—ranging from bracelets, necklaces, rin ...more
Published August 1st 2007 by Interweave Press

To ask other readers questions about Mastering Beadwork, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mastering Beadwork

Michelle
I just love this book. It's one of my ultimate favorites in the beading library. :) In addition to being a wonderfully complete resource and project book it's written in a very conversational tone and every time you open the book the authors love for beading and her joy in sharing that passion just jump from the pages.

It has all the standard things you would expect by the title.. Lots of instructions for 13 top stitches including 63 projects along the way. So certainly a lot to delve into with t
Ariel
Great compilation of techniques. I gave it four stars instead of five for the Kindle edition because the photos of projects are very small, yet when clicked, usually the picture enlarged to blurriness instead of detail, the whole reason to enlarge the picture in the first place. Also, I bought the book primarily to learn bead crochet, and while the author's written explanation was good, she or the publisher had nowhere near enough visual illustration for this technique. So I wound up not really ...more
Debra
Yes! I can learn any technique. That's what I learned using this book. Follow the directions and beautiful things happen. This is an excellent book for newcomers to beading, for those wanting a comprehensive review and lovely patterns for the experienced. It's a book that should be in every beaders' library.
Leslie
A good book for beaders at an intermediate level, so beginners beware. There are diagrams, but not really enough to give a novice a solid start into the art of beadweaving. The book is a beautiful one though, with all color throughout.

Mortira
Mastering Beadwork is an absolute must read for anyone working with seed beads and/or off-loom techniques. This is an instruction book that you can really sink your teeth into, with straightforward stitch guides and plenty of inspiration.
Elizabeth
My favorite 'go to' book for bead stitch information as well as patterns when in need of inspiration. All serious beaders should consider this for their collection.
LaShonda
great visuals but a little over my head. I'm just starting basics.
Jessica
Learned a lot. I really need a copy of my own.
Chelsea Lee
Chelsea Lee marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Lusi013
Lusi013 marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Rich
Rich marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Karon Thompson
Karon Thompson marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014