Start by marking “Cooking Light Way to Cook Vegetarian: The Complete Visual Guide to Healthy Vegetarian & Vegan Cooking” as Want to Read:

Cooking Light Way to Cook Vegetarian is a celebration of all the plant world has to offer-from colorful fruits and vegetables bursting with nutrients to hearty grains and proteinpacked beans and tofu. Even if you only occasionally go meat-free, this book has plenty to offer. It's filled with more than 700 images showing you exactly how to prepare over 150 delicious dishes

Published October 19th 2010 by Oxmoor House

To ask other readers questions about Cooking Light Way to Cook Vegetarian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cooking Light Way to Cook Vegetarian

Crystal
Jul 22, 2011 Crystal rated it liked it
Shelves: art-heart
I picked up this book looking for the vegan and the easily convertible. It has lovely photos, including some step-by-step instructionals, with simple ingredient listings and numerated directions. There's a great deal of dairy throughout, however, aside from the obvious "Eggs & Dairy" section; it's a little disheartening, but most can be either ignored or undergo substitution.

Strangely, I just noticed that my edition's cover states it as "the complete visual guide to healthy vegetarian &
Sanjay
Nov 11, 2013 Sanjay rated it really liked it
A number of excellent recipes here. By excellent I mean very tempting looking, colorful pictures of interesting recipes accompanied by reasonably easy to follow directions. That above combination was enough to motivate me to attempt a number of these recipes which for most cookbooks is more than half the battle won. The recipes all turned out reasonably well, the quality mostly varying based on the moods/talents of the cook. One thing worth noting though is that there was a liberal use of eggs ...more
Heather
Apr 27, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
This cookbook made its way to my all-time favorite list. Besides having yummy recipes, this cookbook is packed with nutritional information and visually scrumptious.
I am not a vegetarian (almost, but not quite, what's the word flexitarian?)and I still found this cookbook very satisfying. There are recipes from all over the world. This cookbook also has some "how-to"s with pictures that are very helpful for beginners like me.
For anyone with diet restrictions, there is a helpful substitution char
Audrey
Jun 21, 2011 Audrey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011, cooking
Delicious recipes that utilize affordable and healthy ingredients. Very impressed by how yummy the recipes are. Most of them aren't really "light" in my opinion, they're just not ridiculously loaded with butter and high cal ingredients like most cookbook recipes. No complaints here though.
Also really like how this book shows step by step pictures and descriptions. A great way to acquire new culinary skills (i.e. how to grill peppers correctly). Definitely one of the best cookbooks I've used.
Meg
Apr 23, 2012 Meg rated it really liked it
A beautiful cookbook with lots of color photos and a lot of information about following a healthy vegetarian or vegan diet. I tried several recipes and found them to be very flavorful and uncomplicated. I consider myself to be a flexitarian at this point and probably won't ever be either a vegetarian or vegan but these recipes are a good way to make meals that are satisfying to my carnivorous husband.
Annie
My mom bought this for me in celebration of me moving into my first apartment. I can't wait to try out some of these recipes; I love that the book has excellent explanations with plenty of pictures. They weren't kidding about the visual in "The Complete Visual Guide" and I love it. This will definitely see a lot of use.
Kim
Dec 15, 2012 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
This is a pretty basic book, but there are a few recipes (especially Buddha's Delight) that I make often. Also, although the book is vegetarian, most of the recipes aren't vegan.
S A
S A rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
AJAY
AJAY rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Kerri
Kerri rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Liz Vance
Liz Vance rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2012
Luisa
Luisa rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Tiffanie Dang
Tiffanie Dang rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2015
D
D rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Mickeyfogs
Mickeyfogs rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2012
Rosemarie Cuffy
Rosemarie Cuffy rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2013
Jo
Jo rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2011
Abby
Abby rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2014
Nerdy Words
Nerdy Words rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2012
Shelby
Shelby rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Bodhisattva4864
Bodhisattva4864 rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2013
Munkybug
Munkybug rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Hoda Parvin
Hoda Parvin rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
Cooking Light is an American food and lifestyle magazine founded in 1987. Each month, the magazine includes approximately 100 original recipes as well as editorial content covering food trends, fitness tips, and other culinary and health-related news.
More about Cooking Light Magazine...