Start by marking “The Kitchen Garden Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The Kitchen Garden Cookbook

The Kitchen Garden Cookbook

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Featuring delicious seasonal recipes to help make the best use of homegrown produce, "The Kitchen Garden Cookbook" is packed with imaginative, inspiring ideas to turn your beautiful bounty into delicious dishes. With techniques and expert advice to help you harvest, preserve, and prepare your crops successfully, "The Kitchen Garden Cookbook" is the fruit-and-vegetable-grow ...more
Published March 7th 2011 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley) (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Kitchen Garden Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kitchen Garden Cookbook

Freda mans
t is Earth Day and I think this book is a perfect way to celebrate the earth! Taking vegetables, that you can grow yourself even, and creating a dish that your family will love and devour, there really is nothing better.
I know in my home, meal times are the best times. Having a teenager in the house is like being haunted by ghosts... you see them infrequently. In my house, that frequency comes when meals do. Hey, a kids' got to eat, right?!
At least I am positive using cookbooks like this one con
Heydi Smith
Love everything about this book - the layout, pictures, recipes, explanations, all of it!
Susan
great pictures and recipes. With some great tips for the gardener.
Rebekah
A beautifully photographed cookbook arranged seasonally. This cookbook answers the perennial question: What should I do with all of this (insert vegetable here)?

Recipes are arranged seasonally and include main dishes, sides, desserts, canning recipes and more (vegetarian recipes are included). Picking times, storage guidelines, preservation guidelines and freezing options are included for every vegetable.

I wish I had this cookbook when I started gardening five years ago.
Danielle McClellan
Despite the fact that this is really a typically "packaged" book by Dorling Kindersley, I found it to be a straightforward, basic cookbook nicely organized by season and garden crop with a few hidden gems. I made the baked ricotta with roasted tomatoes and peppers for lunch today and it was lovely. Will also try the lemongrass with hot chile salsa, black currant with rosemary cheesecake, and the simple but delicious sounding pumpkin and apple soup.
Jenifer
I haven't actually cooked anything from this book, but want to buy it because the edition I have from the library looks so good. I love that I can use produce from my garden to make these recipes. Great pictures. I want to make zucchini fritters!
Laurel
Gorgeous photos. I cannot wait to make the pasta with butternut squash, chile, and Parmesan sauce! It sounds and looks like the perfect fall dish. The Kitchen Garden Cookbook is a recipe and how-to book in one. My new favorite garden cookbook.
SLK
Wonderful recipes, lots of full-color photos, and tips on using garden produce. Mom's new favorite soup recipe is in here!
Cathy
Jul 30, 2012 Cathy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: food

I have other favorite preserving books but this one is great for helping to eat what you have.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 02, 2014
Khushi
Khushi marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Ann Grant
Ann Grant marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Malee Urquizu cmol
Malee Urquizu cmol marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Maggie Gonzales
Maggie Gonzales marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2013
Nyjolene Grey
Nyjolene Grey marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2013
Jenny Detert
Jenny Detert marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Carol Mochnacz
Carol Mochnacz marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
Rosanna
Rosanna marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
WFS: Kitchen Witc...: Summer Fruit Desserts 1 6 Jul 29, 2013 03:57AM
WFS: Kitchen Witc...: Let's get jammin' 1 8 Jul 09, 2013 12:28AM
WFS: Kitchen Witc...: Spring/Summer 4 9 Jun 27, 2013 11:11AM
WFS: Kitchen Witc...: The Kitchen Garden Cookbook 3 9 Jun 06, 2013 07:30AM
Illustrated Step-By-Step Baking Pies: Sweet and Savory Step-by-Step Baking Cakes Family Kitchen Cookbook Step-By-Step Cakes