Start by marking “The Great International Paper Airplane Book” as Want to Read:
The Great International Paper Airplane Book

The Great International Paper Airplane Book

4.59 of 5 stars 4.59  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This compendium of theory and practice brings together clearly and simply diagrammed (to cut, fold, and fly-them-yourself) winning planes and other notable entries from the 1st International Paper Airplane Competition, conducted by "Scientific American."
Paperback
Published June 15th 1971 by Fireside (first published June 15th 1967)

To ask other readers questions about The Great International Paper Airplane Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great International Paper Airplane Book

Linda
I lucked out finding a 'first printing' of the 1967 hardcopy at our public library used book sale. I initially thought I would share it with my son who was studying engineering at the time. The first 46 pages include the history of aeronautics, a tribute to the inventor of the 'aeroport' and some letters from a few people who entered the competition that this book was based on.

The remaining pages are devoted to the top twenty planes that won. There are black and white photos with a visual descr
Amar Pai
Surprisingly awesome. Whimsical tone, really interesting airplane designs. Scientific American had a contest in 1967 and this book includes all the winning entries. I need to go photocopy the fold-it-yourself tear outs. The crease lines look helpful. How do you precisely fold along a crease? Need to bone up on the basics.

This book would blow your mind if you were a 14 year old boy. (It still kind of blows my mind now)
Mike
The world's best paper airplane book. I wanted to be an areonautical engineer until high school because of this book.
Buy it, and give me the copy.
Keith  G
For anyone who likes to fold paper and makes planes that really fly if you have the patience to make some of them, Totally for Model maker Geeks
Dave Mortensen
A fun and fascinating look at an unfamiliar pop culture event in our nations history.
Randy
Lots of mileage outta this when I was a kid...
Cws
Sep 11, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: j-nonfiction
J745Man
Brando Barrios robles
Brando Barrios robles marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Terry McFadden
Terry McFadden marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Aditya
Aditya marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Stormy
Stormy added it
Oct 18, 2014
Spikeman
Spikeman marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Poli Poli
Poli Poli marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Quiddity
Quiddity marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Karen
Karen added it
Aug 10, 2014
Wilco
Wilco marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Josh Tegart
Josh Tegart marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
David Choi
David Choi marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Dalton Kies
Dalton Kies marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Ricardo
Ricardo marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Jekka
Jekka added it
Feb 01, 2014
Stevev
Stevev marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Nazeeruddin
Nazeeruddin marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television In the Absence of the Sacred The Case Against the Global Economy: And for a Turn toward the Local The Capitalism Papers: Fatal Flaws of an Obsolete System Alternatives to Economic Globalization: A Better World Is Possible