Start by marking “How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You” as Want to Read:
How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You

How to Make Anyone Fall in Love with You

In "How to Make Anyone Falling Love with You,"you'll explore precisely what will make someone take the tumble--what types of initial eye contact, clothing, body language, first conversations, and first dates ignite the sensation of love. You'll learn when to play hard to get (and when not to), how long you should wait to ask him or her out, and how to make an unforgettable ...more
Published September 22nd 1997 by McGraw-Hill Companies (first published January 1st 1996)

Theresa ♫
Sep 20, 2012 Theresa ♫ marked it as curious
December 22nd, 2014

After getting constant messages and a few comments about this review (EVEN THOUGH I didn't mark anything as read or I didn't unfairly rate anything without even opening the book ((*SIGHSIGHSIGH**)).) It's on its way into my hands as a to-request-from-the-public-library book.

So now I can satisfy the unsatisfied with a review with a rating and read-mark.

September 12, 2012

Nope, I'm not planning on reading this. Just curious about it!

So curious in fact . . . that I have to write a
Kaycee Looney
Apr 09, 2009 Kaycee Looney rated it it was ok
This book was a bit funny and frightening. What scares me is that people are out there actually following this advice! :-o I read it out of curiousity, I mean the title is intriguing. But it's full of manipulative advice on how to make someone "think" you like them and to get them to "feel" like they are in love with you.

What I came away with is a knowledge of what to be aware of the next time I go out with someone. If they start going through the steps outlined in this book - RUN!!
Melissa T
Apr 16, 2008 Melissa T rated it liked it
Must have worked, I married the reason I bought the book.
Ronald Clark
May 22, 2013 Ronald Clark rated it did not like it
I am currently 80% through this book and it is killing me to go further and had to share my thoughts on this book. Simply, it is terrible and bad advice if you are reading this for the purpose of applying it to find a lover or spouse.

The pros to this book is that there is a lot of research that has been put into citing studies and giving sources. That is about the only pro. The cons would be that I wouldn't really trust the validity of some of the studies mentioned in this book. An example of t
Kim
Aug 20, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
Okay, I would like to say that I read it because the deep insight in the human behaviour it gives me, and although that is also true, I mostly read it because I'm a lonely sap who's worthless with love. I bought it more than 1 1/2 years ago when I was in England, but never got around to reading it because I thought the font was too annoying, but as I said, I'm tired of being the constant single, so I sought advice, and advice I got.

Not only does it bring funny anecdotes, it also helps you to und
Pedro Sousa
Mar 27, 2011 Pedro Sousa rated it it was amazing
This is funny as hell!
Humurous reading aside, it has some good prespective on social dynamics wich is what's really what got me into reading this.
But it can either turn you into a manipulative beast, or really give you a good third person prespective on what you're doing and perhaps really lead you when the time comes.

As for the manipulative part. No one will become that because of a book. You either already were, or came to be out of your own will. Each takes what each wants from the resources
Jessica
Jul 02, 2007 Jessica rated it did not like it
So I bought this book at the old age of 22 after a heart wrenching no one will ever love me again break-up. (I thought I was getting way to old and had to take desperate measures!) I didn't read the whole book and I am not sure even how far I got, but it was a bunch of crap from what I remember. (With a title like that though, what kind of success rate could we really get, ANYONE!! I doubt it) From what I remember it told you to lie. To pretend to be totally into the things that the other is int ...more
Joe
Nov 14, 2007 Joe rated it liked it
If you are looking for a relationship book that gives you the traditional, "find someone who appreciates you for you," or "you'll meet the right person, just be yourself," advice, look some place else. This is the worldly, dog-eat-dog, guide to relationships. There are no mentions of inner beauty in this book. An appropriate title might have been, "The Wall Street Guide to Relationships." So, I thought it was good, concrete advice if you are looking to hook up with lots of attractive people thro ...more
Tim
Jan 05, 2015 Tim rated it liked it
Shelves: culture
I doubt I learned anything really new from this book, although it offers a few helpful tidbits here and there. It also offers advice which may or may not be good in helping to get a lover and/or find a mate. This book is supposedly based on actual scientific evidence, but that is only a part of it. This is neither a scholarly nor a popular review of the literature on the subject of mating dances. Lowndes presents a variety of techniques, occasionally backed up by studies, on how to find that spe ...more
Kami
Dec 12, 2011 Kami added it
I can't decide if this book is really clever or really offensive. I love that a lot of actual research studies were consulted to come up with the advice (although I have no idea as to the credibility of those studies), but some of the sexually-oriented advice was just weird. Agreeing to think about sexing other women to get your man on side, knowing you have no intention of doing so and probably won't be asked to follow through? Um. This was treated as far less weird than your man potentially wa ...more
AJ
the book is definitely wonderful and deserves a closer and a more analytical reading to fully grasp its lessons even though not all of them are applicable in my community. I must say that towards the ending of the book I surely blushed a lot...

It's a goodread nonetheless. It might not be an appropriate read for everyone.
Muhannad S
May 01, 2011 Muhannad S rated it it was ok
This book may have some points or thoughts to consider, but love is never meant to be a bunch of techniques to study and practice!
If you are searching for a book that teaches u have how to date, this book is what u need. so it's better to name it "how to get a date with everyone"
Anne
Jan 04, 2009 Anne rated it really liked it
One of the best flirting/relationship books I have read. It tells you what to do and then it will tell you the science behind it.
Tuyen Dinh
Nov 21, 2016 Tuyen Dinh rated it liked it
Shelves: sychology
Sách có nhiều kiến thức tâm lý nam nữ. Dễ đọc nhưng cảm giác khó áp dụng. Nó cho ta các nhìn toàn diện về mối quan hệ trong tình yêu. Muốn có mối quan hệ hạnh phúc chúng ta nên yêu bản thân, chăm chút để luôn đẹp, nuôi dưỡng tâm hồn và phát triển kiến thức, và nên tìm hiểu về sex-thứ mà như tôi, rất ngại nhắc đến và ngại tìm hiểu. Sẽ cố gắng đọc lại thêm để thực tập :)
Chris Kim
Mar 22, 2017 Chris Kim rated it really liked it
Decent book on the first steps of developing a social connection that can be used in almost all settings, not just love
Dec 10, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
It was great to read a scientific research book that wasn't dry and boring and bogged down with terms that most people don't understand.
The flip side is it started out fairly interesting then fell into what seems to me a whole bunch of game playing trying to land your 'Quarry' as the people you are trying to snare are called. It seemed like most of the book was spent trying to manipulate your 'Quarry' into falling in love with you and not being your true self.
It was summed up in the last few sen
Nahla Ahmed
My first English Book to finish الحمد لله.
It was okay I guess, it contains many advice, shows you the difference between male and female perception of things. Sometimes I thought the book was ironic specially when it covered areas like how to make someone rich fall in love with you, also I felt as if deception was included, how to deceive someone to get him to love you or think as if he is love with you already -Guess I didn't like that much - I mean if someone doesn't like me the way I am , the
Chriss
Feb 29, 2008 Chriss rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-improvement
If it was only as easy as it sounded! Seductively licking your lips, making eye contact from across the room, telling someone how wonderful they are, all the non-verbal cues...odds are that they are not going to make someone fall in love with you. It might land you in bed with someone but love, probably not. I think we spend so much time as a society thinking that there is a certain way to act to get love and if we aren't getting love, we must not be doing it right. I'd really like to buy a book ...more
Phuong Vy Le
Jun 26, 2016 Phuong Vy Le rated it liked it
Shelves: psychology
Gotta borrow the review of another reader to describe how I think about this book.

"This book was a bit funny and frightening. What scares me is that people are out there actually following this advice! I read it out of curiousity, I mean the title is intriguing. But it's full of manipulative advice on how to make someone "think" you like them and to get them to "feel" like they are in love with you."

As a woman, I dont like the way Leil guides ppl to approach love and to understand how it works.
AE
Jun 05, 2008 AE rated it liked it
Omg, I love this book. Nevermind I've been in a boring monog relationship with an adorably foxy nerdy economist for a good chunk of time, I love this book. I use all the tricks and tips and get lots of free stuff, and while I'm cute, I'm not like cute enough to never pay for cupcakes/coffee at Barnes & Noble. this book bottom lines it for you so well, you feel kind of stupid for reading it. Still, Most of it is about eye contact that makes the person you're eyeing feel like a gazelle about t ...more
Taymara Jagmohan
Dec 22, 2011 Taymara Jagmohan rated it really liked it
Now this is a funny one. I laughed, and I think the walls were annoyed at me giving guffaws.
I enjoyed the peace, yet the intensity it brought to me.
Life is true, but there are many fake ideologies. However, there were slow moments in this book, but I really liked the theory about the eyes.

There are 4 types of eyes;
1. Intense Gaze
2. Bedroom Eyes
3. Sticky Eyes
4. Visual Voyage

I enjoyed every bit of that theory, and Im using it wisely. (winks)

Thankfully, Im already trapped in it by myself.
This title
Jennifer Edlund
May 18, 2012 Jennifer Edlund rated it really liked it
This author is genius! Nearly everything she talks about in this self-help book she nails right on the head. I agreed with about 90 percent of her advice... mostly because we have the same views on relationships. She gives some great tips that I will be using in the future. I had to smile to myself when reading certain parts of this book because she was so dead on. I guess I would have to say that the sex part of the book was the only thing I was iffy on. Other than that, I would definitely read ...more
Melanie
Yes. I bought this book. I really did. I was curious and bored, so I bought it. It was ok, quite funny, though I'm pretty sure, it's not that easy to "make someone fall in love with you" and that it does not only involve chemistry or the fact that you will keep licking your lip, make intense eye contact, and telling them how wonderful they are.
It might help you picking up guys, or get picked up it depends on how you see things, but love? I don't think so.
Roanne
Mar 05, 2011 Roanne rated it liked it
Well it gives us some facts, some things that we all knew or subconsciously know them, but weren't that much of AWARE that those things were techniques to rely on, or to actually benefit from !
so we needed someone to sum it all up & give us the recipe & that what this book did !
BUT i think it's not entirely useful for us as eastern, we have different culture & different way of dealing with that kind of relationships!
but we can always take what suits us & leave out all the rest!
Zee Sayed
Aug 30, 2012 Zee Sayed rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Er, well I thought this would be about interpersonal skills in general and although there are aspects of that, this book really is about getting "lucky." Not what I was looking for but at the very least it was an entertaining read and now I know how to avoid sending the wrong signals... and also which signals from the opposite sex can subconsciously influence me. Definitely useful, especially for those in business.
Jinnie
Mar 17, 2011 Jinnie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dating
This book is not so much about making someone fall in love with you as it is a toolbox for starting, building and maintaining relationships with potential love interests. It's the only book I've read on dating that gives concrete steps about how to interact with the opposite sex, as well as sound advice about how to find what the author calls "your matched opposite." The writing is clear and moves along at a pleasant conversational pace.
Fatima
Aug 09, 2013 Fatima rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I liked Leil Lowendes styke of writing. This book contains a lot of scientific explanations and great techniques! It is completely detailed and doesn't leave any room for questions. However, I'm pretty sure I won't indulge in the techqniques that were mentioned in the book.
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
Apr 19, 2012 Natasha (Diarist) Holme rated it liked it
Shelves: advice
I ordered this book as it would have been priceless in mending my broken heart at the time. However ... not until I had received it through the post and started reading it did it reveal that you cannot have previously met this 'anyone.' Tut tut.

My still shattered heart aside, it was a good read. Love the 'sticky eyes' advice.
Storm Chase
May 31, 2013 Storm Chase rated it really liked it
Finally an author who reads scientific journals AND includes references so readers can follow up! Lowndes also has a nice, chatty writing style and she manages her topics beautifully so you can easily flip through the book and get to where you want to be (firs date, why mirroring works etc). Terrific book not for falling in love but for improving communication in general.
Noel
Dec 22, 2009 Noel rated it it was ok
seemed pretty solid until the part where the author started writing about gender difference and then i had to fight the urge to throw the book across the room. yeah, let's support gender stereotypes with anecdotal evidence, flawed studies, and cliches.
  • Instant Confidence
  • How to Make Someone Fall in Love With You in 90 Minutes or Less
  • The Mystery Method: How to Get Beautiful Women Into Bed
  • If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single?: Ten Strategies That Will Change Your Love Life Forever
  • Double Your Dating
  • Rules of the Game
  • Get Anyone to Do Anything: Never Feel Powerless Again--With Psychological Secrets to Control and Influence Every Situation
  • How to Get What You Really, Really, Really, Really Want
  • The Enlightened Sex Manual: Sexual Skills for the Superior Lover
  • Mind-Lines: Lines for Changing Minds
  • Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate
  • NLP Workbook: A practical guide to achieving the results you want
  • Decoding Love: Why It Takes Twelve Frogs to Find a Prince, and Other Revelations from the Science of Attraction
  • Get the Life You Want: The Secrets to Quick and Lasting Life Change with Neuro-Linguistic Programming
  • Love in 90 Days: The Essential Guide to Finding Your Own True Love
  • The Art of Being Brilliant: Transform Your Life by Doing What Works for You
  • Have Him at Hello: Confessions from 1,000 Guys About What Makes Them Fall in Love . . . Or Never Call Back