Fast Track

Fast Track (Sisterhood #10)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  1,880 ratings  ·  85 reviews
When You Need The Best, You Need The Sisterhood...It's been years since the members of the Sisterhood first banded together, with the help of their mentor Charles Martin, to exact their own form of justice on those whose crimes had gone unpunished by the legal system. Now, back in the United States after an enforced exile, and ensconced in a new home on Big Pine Mountain i...more
Published July 1st 2008 by Zebra Books (first published March 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fast Track, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fast Track

Heather  * is reading like crazy*
Sisterhood #10

Out of thier own personal vigilante mission Charles has set up their first paid 'gig'. As newly 'hired guns' the Sisterhood takes on the World Bank with a mission of investigating the current president Maxwell Zenowicz and the mission 2 billion that did not go to the starving third world countries they were supposed to.

A rat infestation, a plague, storms, and nosey news reporters later we have a completed mission and a special exciting report on the vigilanties.

My take: hmm it was...more
JoAnne
This is the 10th book in the Sisterhood Series. I have not read any of these. I felt that I was missing some of the back story of how they came together. But I really liked this one.
The ladies are asked to find out where billions of dollars went missing from the World Bank. Since they are fugitives they need to get into Washington DC undercover. They had planned to use the British Embassy as a home base They story was that the embassy was overrun with vermin. But some newspaper reporters put out...more
Rhonda
This book is still part of the "Sisterhood Series", and is the third book in the installment of "Rules of the Game".

I have always loved the Sisterhood Series and this book was no exception. It keeps up with the same theory as all the other books; however I did not find that this book was as thrilling as the last two in this particular series.

The girls are hired by a group of people to recover 2 billion dollars for the World Bank and this is there first paying job which they have a blank check to...more
Sue
#10
Title: Fast Track
Author: Fern Michaels
Genre: Suspense (Sisterhood: Rules of the Game, #3)
Challenges: 101 Books in 1001 Days, TBR Challenge 2009, A to Z Reading Challenge, 20 Books in 2009, Pages Read Challenge 2009, From the Stacks 2008, Series Challenge Season 3, Winter Reading Challenge 2009, To be Continued…Challenge, Books Around the States Challenge,

Rating: 5/5
No. of Pages: 320
Published: 2008
From the back:
It's been years since the members of the Sisterhood first banded together, with th...more
Kathy Davie
Tenth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series (and third in Rules of the Game) based in Washington D.C. and involving a group of people interested in true justice for those wronged by the legal system. This particular story has the Sisterhood moving from their Spanish sanctuary atop one mountain and swapping fortresses with another, similar group.

The Story
The sisters' first outside job comes from the World Bank. It seems there is a suspicion that the president of the World Bank is siphoning...more
Maggie61
I have to admit I liked this series so much more in the earlier books. They were a little better written, the revenge so much sweeter and the recipients more deserving. Nonetheless I keep reading the series, maybe In anticipation for one written like the beginning few of the series. Now it seems like a lot of the same. Every book has Ted Robinson trying to better them and the whole Myra talking to her dead daughter irritates me. I am open to a spiritual world out there but not in the form of hav...more
Kem
The Sisters got the job done, of course. The story line in this one, however, was somewhat disjointed. The edge wasn't there in this one. In fact, in places a little boring. The basic idea of "bad person gets just desserts" is there and that's good. But no real excitement in this one.
Roz Curney-Sherod
I really enjoyed this adventure more so than the last two (2) missions. Sometimes the ladies justice does not always fit the crime, especially compared to Katherine's revenge. I'm glad to see that Charles had little to do with their success and planning.
Mary
I hadn't read any of Fern Michaels' books, but, of course, the jacket cover back made them sound really fun, so I grabbed this one and it's successor to take with me on my trip. This one was a fun-read, learning all about the sisterhood of these vigilante women and their amazing male leader, Charles (a little too much like Charlie's Angels, but more modern and coarse). I started the second book I had taken with me, "Collateral Damage", but quit reading it about 1/3 of the way through as it was e...more
Heather Paullus-wagner
I loved this book. I have read the first 10 and have loved every one. I can't get enough of these ladies and their brand of justice.
Linda Cochran
Susan Mcswain
Really enjoying this series of books!
Darlene Ferland
The tenth book in the Sisterhood series doesn't disappoint. Fern Michaels has, once again, worked her magic. She has ensnared the reader in a web of intrigue that leaves the heart pumping a little faster. . . There is a twist to this book with the huge storm that severs the communication between Charles on the top of Big Pine Mountain, NC and the members of the Sisterhood in DC. With this problem before them, both the women and the men work together going with their instincts. A quick read and s...more
Linda Farrell
Not so typical of Fern Michaels, this book of the series isn't so contrived. In fact, the depth of her other tomes is nearly lost but the language isn't quite as stilted. She still has the characters going ga-ga over a kiss but at least she's not dwelling on it. Reality check - three characters are in relationships and NONE have gone beyond kissing? Really?

Also, unlike the other books in this series, there was never any edge-of-the-seat action. It seemed more real, more do-able because of this.
Suzi
I love the concepts of revenge and justice in the Sisterhood books by Fern Michaels, but I feel more and more disappointed by each new entry into the series. The first few books were interesting and different, but the writing has become stilted and some of the dialogue is downright silly. I keep reading because I can't wait to see what happens to the Vigilantes next, but after reading Fast Track, as well as the previous two installments, I felt I had wasted my time.
Nicole
Didn't realize when I purchased the book that it was the third in a series. That didn't matter though, because there was enough introduction of characters to allow for you to grasp an understanding and enjoy. I find the book similar in ways to Patterson Women's Murder Club - but more light. Fast read and thoroughly enjoying. Just want on Amazon and bought the previous books in the series. Excellent light reading material.
Linda
I don't know what's happened to me....I normally give the books of this series a 2 or 3 at the most. Either I'm getting used to the writing or this one improved considerably! It seemed better written than usual and had a more interesting, fast moving plot. I really liked it. Still very light weight, easy reads but at least this wasn't as sickeningly gory as some of the others.
Patricia Solla
The sisterhood is back in the states and are now for hire (?). What I liked about this further adventure of the women of the sisterhood is that there's a terrible storm and the women are on their own without help from Charles. This tale certainly brings out the fear factor that can spread with rumors that aren't even true. Should be interesting to see where this series goes next.
Donna
I am reeeeeally starting to get tired of this series. They need to wrap it up soon or I'm jumping ship. Things are starting to become predictable, the teasing relationships are starting to bore me & the junvenile writing is strating to bug me too. Why do I keep reading them? Because I'm an eternal optimist who is hoping for a different outcome. Wow, SO close to the definition of crazy!
Allen
This is #10 in The Sisterhood series. The scene with the rats is hilarious.
LiL
I tried really hard to read this series but it was so boring, my friend and her mother loved it and raved about it and gave me all the books, I did not enjoy the style of writing, very repetitive, boring and not very enjoyable, this was book 10 but it was like someone was sticking pins in my eyes everytime I attempted to move on in the book......not my cup of tea!
Carol  MacInnis
The girls are experiencing a very dark cold night in the middle of a terrible storm when they hear an unexpected sound of a helicopter coming to land on the mountain. Charles, their mentor, has told them they these people have come for the help of the vigilantes. This difficult task is one that will test their skills to the limit and the outcome - superb!
Jeanette
Loved this storyline. This mission was not one for the Sisters, instead they were being paid $10 million to get this one done. The monies they'll receive will be donated to various charitable organizations to continue their good works. They are still fugitives but are able to continue doing what they do best.
Jody
Sisterhood Series. I just re-read this book and enjoyed it even more this time than I did the first time. I enjoy the characters in this series so much.

This book was not based on revenge; but on justice to a man that stole money from people that desparately needed it. Love the way they dole out justice!
Amanda
The last couple of books have been really good, but I have to remember that these girls are make-believe. The first 7 in the series had me completely engrossed...couldn't put them down. I would read them any chance I got. The last 2 haven't been like that. I'm hoping this one is better.
Patti
Read as audio book. Didn't like the book, perhaps because I'd never read any other of the series. Found it to be a "Charlie's Angel's Wannabies" and it was a bit over the top. Had difficulty with the graphic descripton of intended violence and had to stop.
Mark Buehl
Another Sisterhood book and another good read. I liked the story of this one. There were a few surprises and twists, but the sisterhood took care of the issues. You do not want to set this one aside. You want to keep going until it is done.
Truitti
I own a sony ebook edition. As much as I enjoy the sisterhood, sometimes it makes me a bit ill to read how they physically distribute justice. AND I will be curious if they get too big for their britches after a while.
Anna Coppola
I just love this series. You can never get tired of reading these books and finally a book that shows just how strong women are. It was a quick and easy read. I am looking forward to reading the next 2 books in the series.
Jodi
I'm kind of losing interest in the series but can't stop reading them either. When its not their own person vengence its a little harder to get as engrossed in the book. I'm also getting really sick of Ted. Give it up already!
  • Vineyard Fear (Martha's Vineyard Mystery #4)
  • Always Dakota (Dakota, #3)
  • Q Is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Game
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Murder at the Academy Awards: A Red Carpet Murder Mystery
  • J.D. Robb In Death: The First Cases (In Death #1 & 2)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Dark Room (Pete 'Monty' Montgomery, #2)
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • Ashes of Roses (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms, #4)
  • Fireside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #5)
  • The Game from Where I Stand: A Ballplayer's Inside View
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)