Start by marking “Il commissario Montalbano: Le prime indagini” as Want to Read:
Il commissario Montalbano: Le prime indagini

Il commissario Montalbano: Le prime indagini (Commissario Montalbano #1-3)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Quando è nato il personaggio di Salvo Montalbano? In quale romanzo? In questo volume vengono riunite insieme le prime tre indagini del commissario più famoso d'Italia che, secondo una ricerca pubblicata nel nuovo Annuario della Società Dante Alighieri, è, insieme a Renzo e Lucia e a Pinocchio, il personaggio più rappresentativo dell'immaginario letterario italiano.
La forma
Paperback, Galleria #5, 600 pages
Published July 17th 2008 by Sellerio

To ask other readers questions about Il commissario Montalbano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il commissario Montalbano

Cleo
Death in Sicily, scheduled to come out in late May, is a volume containing the first three Inspector Montalbano mysteries. It has quite a long title. I received a review copy from Penguin, and was excited to read these Italian mysteries. In this post I will review the titles separately.

The Shape of Water: In The Shape of Water, the first mystery in the series, a man is found mysteriously dead in a car by the beach. He had been doing certain things before he died, but it appears that he has died
Edward Amato
Initially I had a problem differentiating the characters until I got used to Sicilian proper names. Loved this book and am looking forward to reading more by this author. DO NOT read if you are on a diet! Recurrent references to amazing Sicilian dishes had me salivating throughout the stories.
Susan
Mysteries and Italian settings and food make
up my favorite formula for an entertaining book!
I enjoyed these 3 volumes more than reading just one of them as a stand alone, which I had
done previously. I don't appreciate them quite as much, however, as Donna Leon's Venetian
series.
Jax
like the ones better if I have seen them on Tv as easier to picture and did not spoil the plot for me. And I had not realised about the swearing which is evident in the books. Wanted to keep reading. If you like detective novels and other culures then these are for you.
F
Wonderful series about a Sicilian policeman. These books are the first 3 books in the series. They illustrate the full character development for the remaining books. A great mix of mystery and Sicilian humor.
Rodrigo Paris
I cannot know how good Camilleri is in translation, After all, traduttore=traditore, as Italians say. In Italian, he is a delight. I thus reaffirm my five-star-rating, with the above caveat.
Susan Ovans
Seldom has murder been rendered so dull.
Russell
Three great thrillers in one ......
Jane
Jane is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Mārtiņš Spuris
Mārtiņš Spuris marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Peter
Peter marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Stu
Stu marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Fiona Boyle
Fiona Boyle marked it as to-read
Carol Barnes
Carol Barnes marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Drowning River (Sandro Cellini, #1)
  • OxCrimes: 27 Killer Stories from the Cream of Crimewriters
  • The Society of the Crossed Keys
  • Gaslight Grotesque: Nightmare Tales of Sherlock Holmes
  • Gaslight Arcanum: Uncanny Tales of Sherlock Holmes
  • The King's Hounds (King Knud #1)
  • The Italians
  • The Wanderer in Unknown Realms
  • Strange Loyalties (Jack Laidlaw, #3)
  • Paradise of Cities: Venice in the Nineteenth Century
  • Shooting Stars and Other Deadly Things (Carrie Carlin - Book 3)
  • Francis and Clare: The Complete Works
  • The Solaris Book of New Science Fiction
  • The Stuff of Dreams (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Without Trace
  • Death in August
  • No Vulgar Hotel: The Desire and Pursuit of Venice
  • The Mystery of the Sea (Pocket Classics)
Andrea Camilleri (born september 6, 1925 in Porto Empedocle) is an Italian writer. He is considered one of the greatest Italian writers of both 20th and 21st centuries.

Originally from Porto Empedocle, Sicily, Camilleri began studies at the Faculty of Literature in 1944, without concluding them, meanwhile publishing poems and short stories. Around this time he joined the Italian Communist Party.

Fro
More about Andrea Camilleri...

Commissario Montalbano (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • The Shape of Water (Inspector Montalbano, #1)
  • The Terra-Cotta Dog (Inspector Montalbano, #2)
  • The Snack Thief (Inspector Montalbano, #3)
  • Voice of the Violin (Inspector Montalbano, #4)
  • Excursion to Tindari (Inspector Montalbano, #5)
  • The Smell of the Night (Inspector Montalbano, #6)
  • Rounding the Mark (Inspector Montalbano, #7)
  • The Patience of the Spider (Inspector Montalbano, #8)
  • The Paper Moon (Inspector Montalbano, #9)
  • August Heat (Inspector Montalbano, #10)
The Shape of Water (Inspector Montalbano, #1) The Terra-Cotta Dog (Inspector Montalbano, #2) Voice of the Violin (Inspector Montalbano, #4) The Snack Thief (Inspector Montalbano, #3) Excursion to Tindari (Inspector Montalbano, #5)