Maximum Healing: Optimize Your Natural Ability to Heal

Maximum Healing: Optimize Your Natural Ability to Heal

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Based on his CAIM (Complementary-Alternative-Integrative-Medicine) approach, Dr. H. Robert Silverstein outlines a program that integrates modern medical practices with alternative and ancient forms of healing. Recalling the work of Andrew Weil and Larry Dossey, the book argues that our self-healing mechanism—the immune system—is more powerful than we think. If we make wise...more
Published September 21st 2010 by North Atlantic Books (first published April 27th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Maximum Healing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maximum Healing

Jean
The chapter on Understanding your Immune System, alone, is worth its weight in gold. What an amazing system we have in our very own bodies. Written so that the average person can read and understand, this information is powerful beyond words. I urge you to read this and see for yourself.

Having said this, I have not finished the entire book yet. It is a work in progress and one that I revisit frequently. I have read various sections so far.
Bernice Rocque
I agree with another reviewer that the chapter on the workings of the immune system is valuable. On a related subject, the author provides recent research information not just about foods that help to prevent cancer, but also foods that fight cancer cells in the body. After I read this book last year, I gave copies to family and friends who have health issues or interested in taking proactive steps in their diets and lifestyles.
Will Clarke
Will Clarke marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Meredith
Meredith is currently reading it
Mar 11, 2014
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Lisa Collins
Lisa Collins marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2012
Isaac
Isaac marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2010