Start by marking “Watch Over Me” as Want to Read:
Watch Over Me

Watch Over Me (Mercenary/Goddard Project #9)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  386 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Mission: IrresistibleSuper spy Mykola Chernichenko comes from a family of geniuses, and though he's no idiot himself, he'd rather be where the action is than analyze it to death. That's why his vacation has just been cut short by a call to get two of his siblings out of some serious trouble--while protecting a nerdy scientist who's latest project could change the world...a ...more
Published June 1st 2009 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Watch Over Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch Over Me

Julie (jjmachshev)
I truly enjoyed "Watch Over Me", Lucy Monroe's latest book in her 'Goddard Project Agency' series about Alpha male former mercenary heroes and the women who semi-tame them. Monroe is one of those authors I count on to deliver a story I'll enjoy, without having to deal with 'too' much reality in the form of death and destruction. She also delivers the heat without fail!

Lana is a genius and a scientist. She's also a bit...well, let's just say there doesn't seem to be much of a filter between her b
Miss Kim
Aug 25, 2009 Miss Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Watch Over Me is an excellent installment into Lucy Monroe’s Mercenary/Goddard Project series. I found the last one lacking, but this one makes up for it. You can probably read this as a stand alone, even though previous characters are mentioned. There is enough detail given so that you don’t feel you are lacking any information.

Mykola is an INS agent turned security specialist (I know, just go with it), assigned to protect his sister Elle Grey, who we met in The Spy Who Wants Me. Elle is a secu
Cindy
Excellent romantic suspense read. I've really enjoyed this series and another book [brother Roman Chernichenko:] yet to come!

As is usual with these books - action driven plot with great characters and lots of sexual tension. Some of the characters from previous books [both Goddard Project books and her Mercenary books:] have supporting roles or make appearances in this book. It's nice to see old friends!

The hero is a serious white knight - one who spent too much time undercover and having to do
Sara
It was a good story with a very science fiction twist that supported the plot.
(view spoiler)
I just wished that she had men
Ellen
I have to say I enjoyed Watch Over Me a lot more.
Lana is a socially inept, not physically perfect scientist, her lack of social skills and the way she blurts out what she is thinking is often amusing and embarrassing for her. Mykola is a super secret Goddard Project's newest member, a true Alpha.
I really liked the characters. The story was a little too predictable. But overall I enjoyed this one.
Carrie
I've read two or three Lucy Monroe books and enjoyed them, although I never thought she was a great writer. This book was a joke, however. It probably deserved only one star. The romance wasn't believable, and neither was the "suspense" plot. The characters were cardboard, the dialog cliched, and the "Hallmark card" moments a little nauseating. A tortured hero who takes one look at a geek scientist in a shapeless lab coat and falls instantly in lust..not to mention that he's a "professional" and ...more
RomReader
Scientist heroine has hard time filtering her lusty thoughts about hero who's part of special security hired to protect her & her inventions from the hands of the wrong people.

Monroe's latest books have not been as good as her older ones. This one was tepid...the romance & the action-suspense. It just seemed like she prolonged what-could've-been a much shorter (like 100 pages less) book. It would've made the overall book more exciting. Some of the dialogue was superfluous & boring so
Terry Ehle
Sappy, Sexy, Predictable...perfect romance!
Kathy Davie
I've finally figured out why I keep reading this series. It's homey. Just not in the way I've been using the word.

One of the things I've enjoyed about series is finding out what happens to the characters as they go through life.

Throughout the Goddard Project series, while the writing itself is rather bland and predictable, most of the characters show up for various lengths of time so I catch up on what's "happenin' in the family" but what keeps drawing me back to GP is the relationships they ha
Angie
I wasn't sure about bringing Myk into a book since there wasn't too much mention of him in the other books, but boy am I glad that he was made a main character. Him and Lana were absolutely hilarious...mostly because of Lana. Her inability to filter and keep things in her head endeared Lana to me from the get-go. And Myk was usually so stoic, but around her he couldn't quite keep it together...in a good way. Both of them came apart when they were together and they were all the better for it. gre ...more
Vee
I had the opportunity to read this book as a selected judge on the Readers' Crown Contest.
Very interesting read. A scientist's research has become the interest of a very dangerous group and Mykola, a former INS agent/spy/mercenary becomes involved in the case to protect the scientist. A romance explodes once Mykola meets Lana. VERY HOT.
This book looks like it's part of a series of novels.. I'll definitely be checking the rest of them out!
Jess the Romanceaholic
Though I've never read the rest of the series, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The ending (specifically the last chapter) seemed a trifle bit rushed to me, but that's really my only complaint.

The chemistry between the two main characters was scorching, and I really enjoyed the nerdy, socially awkward heroine :)

I plan on reading the rest of the series in the future.

Carrie
I really enjoyed this one! The conflicts were outside, the angst level was low, the romance sweet, the sexy times ... sexy. *laugh* I might need to check out more of this series (which, I didn't realize it was a series when I found the book).
Katie
I am noticing with Lucy Monroe that her writing is very oddly timed. It is always instant attraction, together within a day of meeting, then a bunch of the suspense builds to a very anticlimactic ending, finally ending with an abrupt "I Love You" moment and THE END. It really takes away most of the believability of the story. That is my two cents anyway.
Stoli

The female character was written so weakly in this book, I couldn't stand her! She's written as a genius scientist with zero social skills, yet she belly dances and tracks her assistant w GPS. And she survived a kidnapping and escape. But yet enter the love interest and she's all clingy "yes, dear" stupid!! Ugh!
Charlene
Maybe the Goddard Project is improving as the series continues. I really the way thoughts leave Lana's mouth without a "filter" and that Myk is attracted to the egghead scientist.

I still don't love this series like I do the mercenary trilogy...
Kacie
Very good book. I liked the characters Myk and Lana. I was glad to see a continuation of the Goddard Project books.
Leslie
This series is a guilty pleasure, and this particular installment in the series was my favorite thus far.
Michelle
A decent read. Sexy hero, geeky heroine, believable dangerous plot… a bit superficial, though.
Vicki
So far I'm really enjoying this book. Very funny, hot lead character. Lots of sexual tension.
Measie Elizabeth
LOVED! I KEEP THINKING..."'My'-kola"...MINE...*sigh...
Stefany
Another Chernichenko story! The best books ever!
Kim Johnson
mykola chernichenko and Lana Ericson
Just not that exciting.
Angela
Angela added it
Dec 12, 2014
Saboo
Saboo marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Cyber Launch Party Today For Lucy Monroe's MOON CRAVING 1 3 Feb 05, 2010 06:43AM
  • Kept (Gemini Men, #2)
  • Fade To Midnight (McClouds & Friends, #7)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Promises in the Dark (Shadow Force, #2)
  • Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4)
  • Moving Target
  • No Limits (Smithson Group SG-5, #10)
  • Hit Hard
  • Broken (Rafferty, #2)
  • Under Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #2)
  • Star Quality
  • Strong, Sleek and Sinful (FBI #3)
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 50 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or ...more
More about Lucy Monroe...
Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1) Ready Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2) The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress Willing