Start by marking “When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys” as Want to Read:
When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys

When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys (Dean Brothers & Friend #3)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  1,825 Ratings  ·  66 Reviews
You know what happens when bad boys get what they wish for? Everything...

Lori Foster
Playing Doctor

Published April 1st 2006 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys

Lisa Kay
★★★★✩ "Playing Doctor," by Lori Foster - Fun little dilemma for man-whore hero doctor who falls for a virginal nursing student. Worth a smile or two from the talented LF.
★★★★✩ "Lady Of The Lake," by Erin McCarthy - Implausible, but totally fun, with two likable leads.
★★★✩✩ "Hardhats And Silk Stockings," by HelenKay Dimon - The set-up was not my cuppa...(I wouldn't want anyone to lock me in a room for a week-end, regardless of how hot he was), but may be yours.
Julianna
Apr 07, 2014 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Steamy Contemporary Romance Anthologies
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" overall
Playing Doctor by Lori Foster - Playing Doctor is the final novella in Lori Foster's Dean Brothers & Friend series. Playboy Axel Dean is the last man standing, as his brother and best friend have both succumbed to the bite of the love bug. Axel, however, has no intention of falling in love or marrying. He's having far too much fun being single and playing the field. In fact, he's a bit of a man whore, taking a different woman to his bed almost eve
Jane Stewart
Sep 15, 2010 Jane Stewart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One good story, Two not so good.

4 stars for THE LADY OF THE LAKE by Erin McCarthy.
I enjoyed this story. Shy school teacher Violet sees herself as undesirable. She wants to get pregnant and raise a child alone. Famous baseball star is looking for something more in his life. Their meeting and subsequent actions are fun to watch.

For a list of my reviews of other Erin McCarthy books, see my 3.5 star review of “Flat-Out Sexy” posted under 3 stars 11/11/08.

2 stars for PLAYING DOCTOR by Lori Foster.
Axe
Linda Sims
Feb 19, 2015 Linda Sims rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Three short stories about bad boys, I really enjoyed this, if you're looking for a lighthearted sexy read this fits the bill. All three tales have engaging characters as well as cute plots. If I have to pick out a favourite it has to be Erin McCarthy's story. It was such a sweet read. This is the sort of book that I think is ideal to read on holiday.
Tracey
I was in the mood for funny romance and I got exactly that :)
Kathy
Kathy Davie
Jan 24, 2012 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, funny
Three cute stories in this anthology of romances.

The Stories
Lori Foster's "Playing Doctor" was my favorite with a play-the-field doctor who falls in love with an about-to-graduate niece of the chief of staff. Ya know it's gotta be love to survive the mess that Libby falls into and all that Dr. Axel Dean wants to do is take care of her. Well, that and lots of sex.

Erin McCarthy's "Lady of the Lake" was a sweet encounter between the shy, brainiac kindergarten teacher who just wants a baby and has t
Maura
Jm
Feb 01, 2014 Jm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tendres provocations est un recueil de trois nouvelles, déjà édité il y a quelques années et que l'on a plaisir à (re)découvrir.

Dr Oeil-de-velours de Lori Foster est une nouvelle racontant l'histoire d'un médecin et d'une élève infirmière qui se rencontrent lors d'une soirée organisée par l'oncle de la jeune fille. Après quelques baisers et caresses échangés, Libby avoue à Axel qu'elle est vierge. Paniqué, le médecin lui demande de se rhabiller et lui annonce qu’elle est beaucoup trop jeune pour
Kezermezer
Sep 16, 2011 Kezermezer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys is another collection of short stories in Brava's Bad Boys series, and probably my favorite.

"Playing Doctor" by Lori Foster

Axel Dean is a responsible, respectable doctor in his professional life, but in his personal life he's a fun-loving playboy who enjoys no-strings-attached fun with mature women who know the score. Enter Libby Preston, a hot, young... virgin? DEFINITELY not Axel's type. But that doesn't stop her from getting under his skin, and working her
Hina
From Amazon.com:

Playing Doctor by Lori Foster (4 Stars)

Attitude makes a huge difference in bed. It could be Axel Dean's motto. The sexy physician likes his women with sensual moxie, and Libby Preston definitely seems to fit that bill. There's that naughty grin. That hot bod. Her eager kisses and cheeky insults. Her admitted virginity. Whoa. Okay, cue cold shower. Axel may not be an honorable man, but he has his limits. Except Libby won't take no for an answer. She's determined to have someone s
Aly
Jul 05, 2016 Aly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rare sont les anthologies que j'ai vraiment apprécié. Ce n'est pas évident d'écrire une histoire et de la rendre crédible en si peu de lignes. Le défi en est que plus grand lorsqu'il s'agit d'une histoire d'amour. La plupart du temps je finis la lecture en me disant que ça avait du potentiel mais que ça aurait pu être bon si ça avait eu le temps de se développer d'avantage et plus lentement.

Dr Oeil-de-Velours par Lorie Foster : 4 étoiles
Pour une courte histoire c'était plutôt bien, malgré un p
Cindy
Jul 30, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Contemporary romance anthology. Part of the "Bad Boy" books.

Lori Foster. - 4 stars. Protected sex. I expected to hate this one. I really hated Cary's story & he does make an appearance in this one. However, I loved Libby & she zings Axel good every time they get together. She even calls him a male slut (which he is). Good story!

Erin McCarthy - 4 stars. Unprotected sex (she wants to get pregnant). You really need to turn off your brain & suspend ALL disbelief for this one. Shy kind
Shannon
Apr 05, 2011 Shannon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gotten-rid-of
Playing Doctor---**

This had some ick factor to it, for me anyway. He's a 35 year old male whore, she's a 21 year old virgin. Ick. They met at a party and are making out in the gardens before they've even said their names. Ick. The last half of the story was ok, I actually read it instead of skimming. Ending was kinda strange.

Lady of the Lake---**

This wasn't as bad. The thing that bothered me was when the heroine first saw the hero her first thought was "he's Hispanic!" like that was bad. I guess
marieno
Jul 05, 2016 marieno rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lori Foster 5 étoiles
J'ai tout aimé de l'histoire. J'ai trouvé crédible la chimie entre Axel et Libby. On voyait qu'Axel attendait la bonne personne pour donner le meilleur de lui-même.

Erin McCarthy 3 étoiles
J'ai plus aimé les personnages de Dylan et Victoria que leur histoire. J'avais de la misère à m'abandonner à l'histoire. Je ne pouvais pas me détacher de la réalité qui était absurde.

HelenKay Dimon 3 étoiles
J'ai bien aimé Hannah et Whit, mais j'ai encore plus aimé leur péripétie. Par contre
Rhella
Jul 26, 2014 Rhella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-it
Only writing a review for the 1st book by Lori Foster. (Super quick review for a quick book)
***This May contain spoilers***

Not a bad book. Unmemorable and I'll tell you why. Folks, as I'm typing up this review, I cannot bring myself to recall the title of the book I JUST read. Ugh. Call it bad memory, or in my case blame....something.

I liked Libby and Axel together. Yes he was much older, but they had good chemistry. N o t h i n g ridiculously interesting happened in this book. Lori Foster has
Angie
Oct 19, 2011 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
at first I was taken back by the age difference in the first story. simply because with two very different sexual backgrounds it prove not so compatable in bed but I was wrong. Libby wasn't looking for distractions and Axel wasn't looking to settle down. they found love though. I think violet and Dylan's story was a little far fetched with how quick it moved but in the end they were looking for something in their lives and it turned out to be eachother. I liked the last story but it seemed Hanna ...more
Kelly
Dec 29, 2007 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, anthology, 2007
"Playing Doctor" by Lori Foster - A nursing student catches the eye and more of a playboy doctor. The best of the 3 stories.
"The Lady of the Lake" by Erin McCarthy - A want-to-be mother falls off of a boat and almost drowns before she is rescued by a single, lonely baseball player out for a sail.
"Hardhats and Silk Stockings" by Helenkay Dimon - Sparks fly when the architect and the construction company boss get trapped in a "sex" room.
Linda
Jun 25, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

The lady of the lake was my absolute favorite and then playing doctor and then hardhats and silk stockings. But j'adore hardhats and silk stockings because of whit in handcuffs, the fact that she was in charge was a treasure! I also loved Adam. I didn't like the fact that in lady of the lake you didn't know if the baby with a girl or a boy.
Puna
Feb 08, 2014 Puna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First two stories were good, I actually liked all the characters and the stories themselves. Sadly the third book I couldn't get through, I disliked the overly grumpy female lead, the player scheming male lead and a guy trapping a girl in his uncle's sex dungeon for the weekend just isn't my kind of story.
Mymyworm
Dur de mettre une note car les 3 nouvelles sont inégales.
La 1ère de Lori Foster est exquise, la 2ème moyenne malgré la renommée de Erin McCarthy, quant à la dernière, je n'ai pas du tout accroché.

Ma chronique ici : http://songedunenuitdete.com/2014/01/...
Dawn ♥ romance
Fun and very steamy short stories. First by Lori Foster was my favorite about sexy doctor Axel that has his eye on Libby who he thinks is the caterer. Next by Erin McCarthy was enjoyable about baseball player Dylan who fishes Violet out of the water. The last by Helen Kay Dimon was just okay.
Sharon
Dec 17, 2009 Sharon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
More like 3.5 stars. I really liked the first two - they are cute and the women are very likable. The last one paled a bit in comparison because I didn't think the heroine was as likable. But if you're looking for some quick reads of sexy romances, pick it up!
Tia
Jul 31, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't quite like this one. The other two were funny and down to earth, these ones had less humor and were more serious than anything. They kind of made me feel 'down' so it was okay okay for me. I don't need books to depress me, just uplift me.
Heather G
Sep 19, 2007 Heather G rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
This Bad Boys book wasn't as good as some of the others I have read. The Foster story was a disappointment; I kept thinking this is so unreal. McCarthy story was unbelievable (I literally could not believe the scenario). The Dimon story was the best of the bunch...
Dancing Queen
Dans l'ensemble les histoires sont pas super crédibles mais je trouve la première et la troisième assez prenante, ce qui mérite facile un 3/5. Par contre la deuxième est beaucoup plus fantasque, j'ai moins aimé, j'mettrais plus un 2/5. Mais honnêtement ça se laisse lire.
Sasha
Oct 06, 2010 Sasha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Playing Doctor
Well written, and though he falls for her quickly, there's none of the usual silliness and lack of conversation that authors use to pad their word count in longer format books.
Kelly F
May 15, 2013 Kelly F rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
3 short stories by 3 different authors in one book. The only one I really liked was the first one "Playing Doctor".......thus giving it a 3 star rating.
Ashley
Nov 28, 2010 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
read the first 2 stories by Foster and McCarthy and they were cute and enjoyed them but by the third story I kind of wanted something different
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • British Bad Boys
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Bad Boys in Kilts (Chisholm Brothers #1)
  • Texas Bad Boys
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys with Red Roses
  • 3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #2)
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Jinxed!
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Racing Hearts: A Calculated Risk\An Outside Chance\This Time Around
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Dean Brothers & Friend (3 books)
  • Jingle Bell Rock