Start by marking “Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)” as Want to Read:
Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)

Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,133 Ratings  ·  255 Reviews
Thanksgiving can't end too soon for Victor Bayne, who's finding Jacob's family hard to swallow. Luckily, he's called back to work to track down a high-profile missing person. Vic's new partner Bob Zigler doesn't think he can do anything right. A deceased junkie with a bone to pick leads Vic and Zig on a wild chase that ends in a basement full of horrors. Explicit gay conte ...more
Nook, 2nd Edition
Published April 1st 2010 by Jordan Castillo Price (first published October 20th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Body and Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body and Soul

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
4.5 hot and hunky-dory stars.****Review completed January 6, 2014

photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo3_250_zps795bb152.gif photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo2_250_zps867b35e7.gif
 photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo4_250_zps7a7dc33d.gif photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo7_250_zps3dd152c0.gif

photo 25d90fc1-a49f-4674-9b4c-d92814367c4f_zpsb4c18e72.png

photo 894ee947-e7fb-4696-8f00-7a73c7535481_zpsf951a27a.png

This is a little sample of my favorite part of Body and Soul...
I stared at that electrical outlet and focused outside myself, so Jacob had time to give me the reach-around. Clock. Microwave. Coffee maker. Coffee grinder.
What if one of 'em fell into the sink while he was pile-driving me and I ended up electrocuted? Not that there was any water present. But the lethalness of the combination of electricity and sinks is hard-wired int
Shurrn
This series is getting better and better with each book.
"I'm trying really hard to be a decent boyfriend," I said. "But I think I might not be cut out for it."
Six weeks after the whole kidnapping/GhosTV/amped up paranormal activity incident, Vic is still on leave from the department. You'd think Vic would use the time for rest and recuperation after his ordeal, but no...

Vic has faced off against murderers, ghosts, and all manner of terrifying things, but he's about to face his biggest chal
Nancy
Posted at Hearts on Fire Reviews

In the third installment of the Psy Cop series, Vic and Jacob are spending Thanksgiving with Jacob’s family. Vic wants to be a good boyfriend and tries to wean himself from the Auracel that prevents him from seeing ghosts, but keeps him high most of the time. Their Thanksgiving holiday is cut short when Vic gets a call to investigate the case of three missing people, including an alderman’s nephew.

Once again, I can’t get enough of this series and was flipping page
Ingela
Written January 16, 2015

4 1/2 Stars - An amusing crime story with an fantastic narrator that's = A Huge Winner Book

Book #3

I liked but didn't love the first two. They were tempting good for more reading and better and better. (Reviews:) (view spoiler)

Anyway, it was with a very good feeling I started this third part (again as an audiobook, 4:45 hrs - amazing good narrated by Gomez Pugh) in this PsyCop series. ~ Quite
Susan
Apr 20, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Look, I'll keep this simple.

I ADORE VICTOR BAYNE!!!!!

Book 3 has Vic at his neurotic best. And getting to know him better with each book of this series is such a treat. Poor guy is traumatized and the accommodations he has to make in his life because of his "gift" of talking to dead people are exhausting. But, I'm bought in...totally invested in him...and I want to be there with him every step of the way...(What happened to you, Vic, at Camp Hell. I need to know...yet I'm scared to find out!)

Jaco
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.5 fantastic stars!**

I can't help myself, I just adore this series.

I find it a perfect mix of funny, sexy, and quirky. I think Vic is adorable (and if he looks like the guy on the cover of "Criss Cross"- DAYM) and his relationship with Jacob is just yummy. I'm just gushing and not saying anything specific about this book so here I go...

I think "Body and Soul" embodies what I have come to expect from this series. There is some romance (never gushy), a mystery to solve, and some interesting
Kelly
Another fantastic installment in the Psycop series!

photo annie-thumbs-up_zpsb44062b4.gif

I've read some great books this year, but Jordan Castillo Price's Psycop series is really something special. I love Victor Bane. Adore him!! Not in the way I usually love the "heroes" in the books I read, but in a I want to give him a big old hug and tell him everything will be just fine kind of way. Watching his confidence build, thanks mostly to his boyfriend Jacob, has been a real treat. (view spoiler)
Vanessa North
Jan 20, 2015 Vanessa North rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So here's a funny thing. Audiobooks CHANGE how I feel about the text. The right narrator makes a book even more enjoyable for me. When I read this book last fall, I gave it four stars, which means I REALLY liked it and would recommend it.

Fast forward to today. I bought the audiobook pretty much the day I found out it was available. I checked my email, saw the JCP newsletter, went to audible and bought it. Didn't get out of bed or drink coffee or make myself human in anyway, just RAWR BOOK MUST H
Erin (Paperbackstash) *Proud Book Hoarder*

Again the page length was trimmed and this one comes across too short, but it was a good story regardless and the police investigation a little more complex than previous books. I loved the beginning at the Thanksgiving table and the ghost arm, then the angst of apartment hunting.

It's probably the best mystery so far in the series - Vic has to use his detecting skills and follow confusing leads, sometimes getting help from ghosts for once. He has to interview people, visit crime scenes, the ful
Maya

Loved this! Tempted to give it a 5-star rating, the only thing that’s stopping me is that Jacob is still the same awesome but slightly mysterious man. I don’t doubt his feelings for Victor, I just need to know more about him.

Victor on the other hand: his character development is one of the best I’ve seen in romance.

Also, Vic and Zig – some great stuff there too.

Jordan Price
Jan 10, 2015 Jordan Price marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm so excited to be re-issuing this book. My favorite scene is when they discover who's behind all the disappearances, and they don't really know what to make of the stuff they actually do find.

I love Vic's bland acceptance of what's happening when the mechanics of it dawn on him, and I think this was the first time I gave a little glimpse of how steely he actually is inside, that a situation that would send most people packing doesn't even faze him. (How's that for convoluted? Trying not to b
Sofia

The best in this series yet. This one grabbed me more than the others. Maybe because Victor is showing more of himself. Or because of the Victor and Jacob time.

The thought of Victor, Jacob and Crash keeps turning whizzing round my brain.

Ann
This was a good one. I got to see more of Victor's talents and his confidence has grown some, which is nice to see and I attribute the bulk of that to Jacob.

It's still cute that Victor doesn't really get why Jacob is so into him. They finally say the "I love you"'s to each other and while Victor may not totally get it, he at least appreciates it and is trying. I like when Victor said "It's the whole package he was after (referring to the fact that he is just figuring out that Jacob is after mor
Shelley
Another fabulous installment to what is fast becoming one of my all time favorite series.

I adore Victor! And I lust after Jacob, with an intensity that scares me. These guys *grabby hands* I LOVE THEM!!!

Flat hunting, steamy hot sex,(view spoiler) dirty talk and a whole lot of Victor makes me a happy bunny.

The investigation is so secondary it's tertiary in fact, pish - posh I wasn't really paying
Emma Sea
My favourite from the series I've read so far. While the sex is hot, it's not gratuitous. Don't get me wrong, I love PWP, but in these stories the sex is more an embodiment of the MCs developing relationship, and fits within the overall arc. The mystery was better than #2, but not as good as #1, although, saying that, it was very elegantly constructured, with clues spread subtly throughout the story.

Although the mystery wasn't quite as good as #1, I liked all the other parts of the story more.
Bookwatcher
OMG this serie is getting always better! I'm so happyyyyyyyyyy!

Love the romance (more, now that Jacob and Vic are searching their new house (YEY!!! Moving together for real now!!! YEY)

Love the action (there is a cop scene, with Vic using a ghost to follow the suspect! Incredible!)

And of course, looooooove the humor!

sorry if I can't say more!!! More books of this serie are waiting!!! YEY!!! Starting now the next one!
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

This next chapter following lovable, slightly socially challenged Victor Bayne, sees him adjusting to his new work partner as they investigate a trio of missing persons. On a personal front, he's in a more established relationship with boyfriend and fellow cop Jacob Marks, and I loved reading about them as a couple.

The author continues to inject quirky insecurity in Victor's voice - he's not the suavest detective out there, and he's got to be the most squeamish medium around! Like Jaco
Em
Mar 27, 2016 Em rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, paranormal, dtr
Oh wow! I loved this book and have at last reached the point where I'm thoroughly hooked! I knew that I'd get there, just took me a little while.
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
There's a lot of mileage covered in this story. When I look back to how and where it started compared to the ending, wow, a lotta shit happened.

Vic and Jacob are getting to know each other more and more. For Vic that means he's letting himself have it, have this with Jacob. He's going for it. For Jacob, he's also getting what he wants, with Vic, and he loves doing whatever that takes.

The mystery in this one was ok. When it ended, it felt a little anticlimactic. The paranormal aspect was up there
Isabel
This is getting better and better!

I love Victor Bayne! I love Jacob Marks! The way their relationship is growing is amazing! They are so HOT together... dirty talk... hummmm!

And of course there are crimes and paranormal mysteries to solve, and these PsyCops are perfect to figure everything!

I can't get enough!
Deeze

This one had a great feel to it all the way through. Vic’s new partner grew on me the same way I think he grew on Vic. It felt nice and real.

The mystery was interesting, if slightly nauseating lol.

I must say I felt some unhappy thoughts with Lisa in this one. (view spoiler)
Tina
Jan 04, 2015 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, crime, paranormal

In Body and Soul Vic can't wait for Thanksgiving to be over. Having decided to spend it with Jacob's family he's very thankful to be called back into work to try to track down a missing person.

While Vic is working the case, Jacob is looking for a home for them to move into, one that isn't infested with bugs or ghosts.
Vic's confidence grows and he is determined to be more open about his sexuality and his ability.

Of course Crash makes an appearance and inspires naughty fantasies for Vic. :)
Mel
Jun 29, 2010 Mel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sealed the deal for me: Jordan Castillo Price is a genius. Her stories are fun and engaging, her characters (especially Vic) are to die for! And I love how she manages to add those little details which make her world and characters so true to life and easy to visualize.

This story deserved 5 stars for the opening chapter alone in which we see Vic having Thanksgiving dinner with Jacob’s family. Brilliant!
Besides that we see Vic trying to adjust to yet another new partner, Zigler. Togeth
Skye Blue
Jan 09, 2016 Skye Blue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Skye Blue by: Tj
I just love Victor. He is so squeamish about his abilities. And his social awkwardness is endearing.
The mystery in this one, was a little weak. But getting Jacob and Victor progress was good.
Although I've always really liked Jacob, it seams like I'm finally feeling the feels for them as a couple.
Amy
Nov 18, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This has quickly become one of my favorite series. I adore Victor and Jacob! The psychic/cop storyline is so interesting and different than anything else I've read, plus JCP writes some seriously steamy sex scenes!
Tara♥
Loved this from start to finish, just fantastic.

Vic spending Thanksgiving with Jacobs family was excellent. Uncle Leon's appearance was pretty special and even though I did feel for Vic I found the whole encounter pretty hysterical.

Things are really ticking along for Vic and Jacob and lots of exciting things are in the pipeline for them. The timelines are pretty short in this series so there tends to be very little time between one book and the next so it kind of seems like things are moving p
Kelly H. (Maybedog)

As usual, Price has a hard time with the ending of the mystery portion of the book. I was completely confused when I realized the mystery had been solved. There was no real conflict at the end. There was an adequate chase, but nothing remotely dramatic. Even cosy mysteries have more action and drama than these do.

But as always, the characterizations are perfect. I know these characters, I know what they're thinking and what they're likely to do in a given situation. Each person in the book has h
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~
Read this one awhile back and finally got to listen the audiobook this week. Gomez Pugh continues to knock it out of the park. He really makes this story come to life and he's got Vic's sardonic tone down pat. I always forget how short these earlier stories are because so much happens. Vic and Jacob are looking for a new place, Vic gets a new partner at work, there's a crime to solve of course, and ghostly encounters both hilarious and terrifying. The crime in this one is especially icky - zomb ...more
Ami
Dec 14, 2009 Ami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My, oh, my, the third book establishes my love for the series. While I think JCP downplays the mystery a little bit (when I found out what really happened to the people who disappeared, I was like, "what, that's it?") -- but at the same time, there is improvement in Victor's relationship with Jacob. It's really lovely to see him opening up to his lover that way, visiting Jacob's family, willing to consider living together, saying "I Love You" -- those are pretty big for Victor. He's such a likea ...more
  • Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4)
  • Infected: Bloodlines (Infected, #2)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin, #3)
  • Irregulars
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

PsyCop (9 books)
  • Among the Living (PsyCop #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop #2)
  • Wood (PsyCop #3.2)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop #5)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop #6)
  • Memento (PsyCop #6.2)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop #7)