Start by marking “Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)” as Want to Read:
Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)

Body and Soul (PsyCop #3)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  2,220 ratings  ·  174 reviews
Thanksgiving can't end too soon for Victor Bayne, who's finding Jacob's family hard to swallow. Luckily, he's called back to work to track down a high-profile missing person. Vic's new partner Bob Zigler doesn't think he can do anything right. A deceased junkie with a bone to pick leads Vic and Zig on a wild chase that ends in a basement full of horrors. Explicit gay conte...more
ebook, 2nd Edition
Published April 1st 2010 by Jordan Castillo Price (first published October 20th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Body and Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body and Soul

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
4.5 hot and hunky-dory stars.****Review completed January 6, 2014

photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo3_250_zps795bb152.gif photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo2_250_zps867b35e7.gif
 photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo4_250_zps7a7dc33d.gif photo tumblr_mwruxy4KBl1smmjbqo7_250_zps3dd152c0.gif

photo 25d90fc1-a49f-4674-9b4c-d92814367c4f_zpsb4c18e72.png

photo 894ee947-e7fb-4696-8f00-7a73c7535481_zpsf951a27a.png

This is a little sample of my favorite part of Body and Soul...
I stared at that electrical outlet and focused outside myself, so Jacob had time to give me the reach-around. Clock. Microwave. Coffee maker. Coffee grinder.
What if one of 'em fell into the sink while he was pile-driving me and I ended up electrocuted? Not that there was any water present. But the lethalness of the combination of electricity and sinks is hard-wired int
Nancy
Posted at Hearts on Fire Reviews

In the third installment of the Psy Cop series, Vic and Jacob are spending Thanksgiving with Jacob’s family. Vic wants to be a good boyfriend and tries to wean himself from the Auracel that prevents him from seeing ghosts, but keeps him high most of the time. Their Thanksgiving holiday is cut short when Vic gets a call to investigate the case of three missing people, including an alderman’s nephew.

Once again, I can’t get enough of this series and was flipping page...more
Susan

Look, I'll keep this simple.

I ADORE VICTOR BAYNE!!!!!

Book 3 has Vic at his neurotic best. And getting to know him better with each book of this series is such a treat. Poor guy is traumatized and the accommodations he has to make in his life because of his "gift" of talking to dead people are exhausting. But, I'm bought in...totally invested in him...and I want to be there with him every step of the way...(What happened to you, Vic, at Camp Hell. I need to know...yet I'm scared to find out!)

Jaco...more
Kelly
Another fantastic installment in the Psycop series!

photo annie-thumbs-up_zpsb44062b4.gif

I've read some great books this year, but Jordan Castillo Price's Psycop series is really something special. I love Victor Bane. Adore him!! Not in the way I usually love the "heroes" in the books I read, but in a I want to give him a big old hug and tell him everything will be just fine kind of way. Watching his confidence build, thanks mostly to his boyfriend Jacob, has been a real treat. (view spoiler)...more
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.5 fantastic stars!**

I can't help myself, I just adore this series.

I find it a perfect mix of funny, sexy, and quirky. I think Vic is adorable (and if he looks like the guy on the cover of "Criss Cross"- DAYM) and his relationship with Jacob is just yummy. I'm just gushing and not saying anything specific about this book so here I go...

I think "Body and Soul" embodies what I have come to expect from this series. There is some romance (never gushy), a mystery to solve, and some interesting...more
Shelley
Another fabulous installment to what is fast becoming one of my all time favorite series.

I adore Victor! And I lust after Jacob, with an intensity that scares me. These guys *grabby hands* I LOVE THEM!!!

Flat hunting, steamy hot sex,(view spoiler) dirty talk and a whole lot of Victor makes me a happy bunny.

The investigation is so secondary it's tertiary in fact, pish - posh I wasn't really paying...more
Emma Sea
My favourite from the series I've read so far. While the sex is hot, it's not gratuitous. Don't get me wrong, I love PWP, but in these stories the sex is more an embodiment of the MCs developing relationship, and fits within the overall arc. The mystery was better than #2, but not as good as #1, although, saying that, it was very elegantly constructured, with clues spread subtly throughout the story.

Although the mystery wasn't quite as good as #1, I liked all the other parts of the story more....more
Bookwatcher
OMG this serie is getting always better! I'm so happyyyyyyyyyy!

Love the romance (more, now that Jacob and Vic are searching their new house (YEY!!! Moving together for real now!!! YEY)

Love the action (there is a cop scene, with Vic using a ghost to follow the suspect! Incredible!)

And of course, looooooove the humor!

sorry if I can't say more!!! More books of this serie are waiting!!! YEY!!! Starting now the next one!
Ann
This was a good one. I got to see more of Victor's talents and his confidence has grown some, which is nice to see and I attribute the bulk of that to Jacob.

It's still cute that Victor doesn't really get why Jacob is so into him. They finally say the "I love you"'s to each other and while Victor may not totally get it, he at least appreciates it and is trying. I like when Victor said "It's the whole package he was after (referring to the fact that he is just figuring out that Jacob is after mor...more
Deeze

This one had a great feel to it all the way through. Vic’s new partner grew on me the same way I think he grew on Vic. It felt nice and real.

The mystery was interesting, if slightly nauseating lol.

I must say I felt some unhappy thoughts with Lisa in this one. (view spoiler)...more
Mel
This book sealed the deal for me: Jordan Castillo Price is a genius. Her stories are fun and engaging, her characters (especially Vic) are to die for! And I love how she manages to add those little details which make her world and characters so true to life and easy to visualize.

This story deserved 5 stars for the opening chapter alone in which we see Vic having Thanksgiving dinner with Jacob’s family. Brilliant!
Besides that we see Vic trying to adjust to yet another new partner, Zigler. Togeth...more
Amy
This has quickly become one of my favorite series. I adore Victor and Jacob! The psychic/cop storyline is so interesting and different than anything else I've read, plus JCP writes some seriously steamy sex scenes!
Kelly Maybedog

As usual, Price has a hard time with the ending of the mystery portion of the book. I was completely confused when I realized the mystery had been solved. There was no real conflict at the end. There was an adequate chase, but nothing remotely dramatic. Even cosy mysteries have more action and drama than these do.

But as always, the characterizations are perfect. I know these characters, I know what they're thinking and what they're likely to do in a given situation. Each person in the book has h...more
Tina

In Body and Soul Vic can't wait for Thanksgiving to be over. Having decided to spend it with Jacob's family he's very thankful to be called back into work to try to track down a missing person.

While Vic is working the case, Jacob is looking for a home for them to move into, one that isn't infested with bugs or ghosts.
Vic's confidence grows and he is determined to be more open about his sexuality and his ability.

Of course Crash makes an appearance and inspires naughty fantasies for Vic. :)
Like...more
Ami
My, oh, my, the third book establishes my love for the series. While I think JCP downplays the mystery a little bit (when I found out what really happened to the people who disappeared, I was like, "what, that's it?") -- but at the same time, there is improvement in Victor's relationship with Jacob. It's really lovely to see him opening up to his lover that way, visiting Jacob's family, willing to consider living together, saying "I Love You" -- those are pretty big for Victor. He's such a likea...more
Jordan Castillo Price
Oct 14, 2009 Jordan Castillo Price marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm so excited to be re-issuing this book. My favorite scene is when they discover who's behind all the disappearances, and they don't really know what to make of the stuff they actually do find.

I love Vic's bland acceptance of what's happening when the mechanics of it dawn on him, and I think this was the first time I gave a little glimpse of how steely he actually is inside, that a situation that would send most people packing doesn't even faze him. (How's that for convoluted? Trying not to b...more
Dreamer
Really enjoying this series, great humour from the inept medium Victor.
'Jacob crossed the original oak flooring and slipped his arms around my waist. The room was dark, though lights from the kitchen probably carried far enough that anyone who happened to be looking through our window would see our big gay Hallmark moment.'
Isabel
This is getting better and better!

I love Victor Bayne! I love Jacob Marks! The way their relationship is growing is amazing! They are so HOT together... dirty talk... hummmm!

And of course there are crimes and paranormal mysteries to solve, and these PsyCops are perfect to figure everything!

I can't get enough!
Tara ♥'s Hooch & Kendras
Loved this from start to finish, just fantastic.

Vic spending Thanksgiving with Jacobs family was excellent. Uncle Leon's appearance was pretty special and even though I did feel for Vic I found the whole encounter pretty hysterical.

Things are really ticking along for Vic and Jacob and lots of exciting things are in the pipeline for them. The timelines are pretty short in this series so there tends to be very little time between one book and the next so it kind of seems like things are moving p...more
Beanbag Love
Sep 18, 2010 Beanbag Love rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who like both M/M and urban fantasy
Another solid 4.5. These short novels are really addicting. I'm going to take a break now, though, if it kills me.

Vic has another new partner. This one is Zigler, a guy you could peg as a cop from a mile away. A fire plug of muscle with a big 'ol cop-stache and a stoic perspective. It's an awkward match, but they've got a crime to solve.

This book was the best one so far. There was a subplot where Vic and Jacob were looking for a place to move in together and then there was the crime mystery itse...more
Josephine Myles
I can't remember why I didn't write a review first time around, but as I'm currently re-reading the PsyCops books (in preparation for GhosTV coming out) I shall add one now.

Body and Soul opens with a Thanksgiving dinner with Jacob's family, and despite the comic tone of the scene, Vic's panic attack illustrates just how difficult he finds it to interact like a normal person. Indeed, given what we learn about his upbringing it's amazing he functions as well as he does. There is plenty more of Vic...more
Desinka
Another great installment. I'm happy with the mysteries and Vic's interactions with his new partner and of course, with Jacob. Though I realise that having a book where the characters have a harmonious relationship from the start doesn't leave too much space for romance development.
Heather C
1st Read November 2010

Obviously I was too lazy to write a review after the first read...or I was too impatient and in a hurry to start the next book. But my rating tells me I really liked.

2nd Read May 2013

Yummy, lots of Vic and Jacob smexiness in this one! Ha! Plus, it was nice seeing Vic drug-free for a change! I'm rereading Secrets ASAP!!!
Jennifer☠Pher☠
So far, this one is my favorite. I think we are really getting to see Victor grow and I find that is probably the most important thing in this series. I loved the ghosties in this one too. There were some conversations and moments that made me feel very happy and closer to Victor and Jacob. The ending was the freaking best and I am just gonna move on to the next, again!
Marc
Would have given it four stars. The mystery wasn't that amazing, but as always the characters are awesome. The MC reminds me a bit of house with his crankiness and sarcasm ;) But the end of the book (not the solution of the case) was soo damn awesome, that I can't give anything less than full five stars :D
Momof3-foundmyMarco~ Mal, come Play with me. Flynn, you record
4 stars...i liked this one the best so far, I think. Vic and Jacob's relationship is getting more serious, they're trying to find a place together. Lisa is out of the picture which was a bummer, hopefully we'll get her back on the next one. Good story, creepy as usual, but lovin it.
Gina
Can't stop reading this series, Vic is a seriously neurotic! love him!!
Yuki
Victor Bayne. Well, it seems that my new crush have a name...
Kathryn
I should probably take a break in between reading these as they are beginning to meld together in my head, as least so far as what happens in which book. Obviously though, the series must be good if I am buzzing through it so fast.

Once again, I am unable to rate 5 stars, even though I love this series. I wish the books were longer. I wish the main mystery, the case Vic was trying to solve, had flowed better and had a little bit more depth to it. It also felt too forced at the end.

Yet Price kno...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
It's the first time I haven't been completely satisfied with a Psycop book. Thanksgiving with Jacob's family was a great start, the ghosts of amputated limbs were weirdly fascinating (phantom limb syndrome takes on a very literal meaning) (view spoiler) but the action and tension wasn't quite up to par.

Vic and Jacob's relationship progress had me melting until Jacob assumed something which led him to make a very desperate and heartbreaking...more
  • The Hell You Say (Adrien English Mystery, #3)
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Irregulars
  • Bloodlines (Infected, #2)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check...more
More about Jordan Castillo Price...
Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) Criss Cross (PsyCop, #2) Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5) Secrets (PsyCop, #4) GhosTV (PsyCop, #6)