Start by marking “Uncle Toms Cabin” as Want to Read:
Uncle Toms Cabin

Uncle Toms Cabin

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  576 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Uncle Tom's Cabin. Anti-Tom literature, Tom Shows, Uncle Tom's Cabin (film), Origins of the American Civil War, Slavery in the United States, Timeline of the African American Civil Rights Movement, Uncle Tom, Ramona, Harriet Beecher Stowe, A Key to Uncle Tom's Cabin, African American, James Weaver, Free Soil Party, Stereotypes of African Americans, Black Arts Movement, Bla ...more
Published October 25th 2009 by Alphascript Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Uncle Toms Cabin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncle Toms Cabin

Delicious Strawberry
This "book", and every other single "book" done by VDM Verlag (owner of the Alphascript imprint) and these hack editors at VDM/Alphascript are clowns who should not be allowed anywhere near a computer. This "book", and every single other "book" done by these hacks are literally nothing but copied and pasted Wikipedia articles.

EVERY SINGLE BOOK DONE BY VDM AND ALPHASCRIPT AND ALL OF VDM'S OTHER IMPRINTS ARE LITERALLY COPIED AND PASTED, and not checked for accuracy or formatted properly. It is a d
Christy
This book should be read by anyone who professes to be a Christian. I loved this book for so many reasons. First and foremost, this book was life changing and I was totally blown away by the message. It made me evaluate some of my own beliefs and how they relate to my actions. I really got involved with the characters because Stowe paints such a vivid picture with her words. I also loved how she would speak to her readers while telling the story. I could hardly put the book down because of the s ...more
Courtney Chase
This is one you read just because landmark books like this should be on every bibliophiles' bucket list. By the time you read them, the subject matter has been covered so many times, and so well, elsewhere, that the one that broke the barrier is tame by comparison. But you read it to give you some perspective of how far we've come that this was once scandalous, and sort of to pay respect to the author who went there first.
J.B. Vincent
Everyone should go back and read Uncle Tom's Cabin every few years or so. I re-read it religiously once a year to remind myself of and get inspiration from how amazing Harriet Beecher Stowe was. To think of the times she wrote in and her life is almost too much to wrap your head around.
Anna Lippold
I thoroughly enjoyed this book for many reasons. Being religious myself, I loved the message of braveness and fighting for what you believe in. The reader falls into the story of slaves and understand the message that men who have nothing can be so much more than men who have something. This novel does not take any corners where the villain turns out to be good, etc. Miller creates a strong foundation for the characters and conveys a moving message. I would recommend this to people who have a lo ...more
Onyx Love
This is the second time I have read this book. The first being as a child in school for a book report. Inhumanity, justified by the Bible and freedom and humanity, justified by the Bible. An excellent book exposing the true injustice of the slave life and how faith can withstand all and give strength.

I do not consider myself a religious person but rather spiritual, and even I am moved by the strength of the main character, Tom, and his faith in God.
Jonathan
I believed it was a great book for civil right activist, as it was it's purpose. I enjoyed the difference in the choice of my reading.
Clyde Birkholz
A book of much importance, by a weak writer with only a poor sense of both the subject matter and the craft of writing.
Joyce Miller
I think we should all re-read this. Well-written and makes an excellent case against slavery.
Olu Wellington
Centralized Theme: Stereotyping, Black arts Movement

Major Character(s): Uncle tom, Eliza, Eva
Alex
A must read for all people of color!
Enigma
May 29, 2015 Enigma added it
don't remeber much about it.
Amasa
I once tried to read this book once. But i didnt really understand it .Then i came across it a month ago.I heard people's opinions based upon this book.Some say that Uncle Tom sucked up to white people but thats NOT the case.In the book the charatcer worshiped and loved GOD. In the Bible it states love one another even your emenies. That what Uncle Tom did. As for the book it was goood. I liked how the book was set inn diffenet point of views. 5 stars for me!:)
Marco Durazo
Very insightful into the life of the slaves, and how some men who have nothing can be so much better off then those who have a lot. This book is amazing because it doesn't just talk about the bad, but shows the reader the good in many people, and make the reader want to model themselves after them. Those characters that are bad are really bad, and makes even the most supportive reader cringe at the text.
Genelle Andersen
Wonderful. Eye-opening. Beautifully written.
Debbie
Nov 10, 2014 Debbie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Debbie by: myself thirty years younger
Shelves: book-club
The Great books objection thus far to this book is that it is not great writing, but although I admit that it is more plot driven than your average classic, it deserves to remain a classic. i am in awe the themes that she was brave enough to introduce with varied nuance to the audience of her time. Had not read this in over thirty years and am glad I reread it.
Denae
Book club read from Kristen who always gives us a challenge - this one was well worth the time to read it, she said it is a book everyone should read, I agree with her - everyone should take the time to read this one, great book club choice!
Josh
its racist. its moderate (she's for american colonization society), and its almost cartoonish. but if you've not read a novel for too long, and are an sentimental then you'll enjoy all three stars.
Preston
Indispensable. Comfortable and ignorant or uncomfortable and aware? You make the decision. Read this book.
Rebecca Carter
A touching and moving book that was very insightful into a terrible time in history.
Sheri Hansen
I was far more moved than I expected. This is a precious book!
Susana
I couldn't finish it.
Romaysaa Yamani
Romaysaa Yamani marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Rupa Raman
Rupa Raman marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Ned Randolph
Ned Randolph marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Jenessa
Jenessa marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
  • আগুনের পরশমণি
  • আদর্শ হিন্দু হোটেল
  • গয়নার বাক্স
  • সাক্ষী ছিলো শিরস্ত্রাণ
  • I'll Be Seeing You: A World War II Novel, Pacific Theater ('Til The Boys Come Home, #2)
  • কাছের মানুষ
  • Civil War Poetry and Prose
  • সাতকাহন  (সাতকাহন, #১)
  • একা এবং কয়েকজন
  • সুকুমার রচনা  সমগ্র
  • When daddy was a little boy
  • Freddy's Final Quest (The Golden Hamster Saga, #5)
  • Chitra
  • Transforming the Mind: Teachings on Generating Compassion
  • The Shepherd's Granddaughter
  • Running for My Life: One Lost Boy's Journey from the Killing Fields of Sudan to the Olympic Games
This is the 'editor' of many books based upon Wikipedia articles.

Frederic^P.^^Miller
More about Frederic P. Miller...
Ender's Game Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules Harry Potter And The Philosopher´s Stone (Film): Fantasy, Adventure, Harry Potter And The Philosopher´s Stone, J. K. Rowling, Chris Columbus (Filmmaker), ... Series), Harry Potter (Character), Hogwarts Guns, Germs, and Steel