Start by marking “Uncle Tom's Cabin” as Want to Read:
Uncle Tom's Cabin

Uncle Tom's Cabin

Uncle Tom's Cabin. Anti-Tom literature, Tom Shows, Uncle Tom's Cabin (film), Origins of the American Civil War, Slavery in the United States, Timeline of the African American Civil Rights Movement, Uncle Tom, Ramona, Harriet Beecher Stowe, A Key to Uncle Tom's Cabin, African American, James Weaver, Free Soil Party, Stereotypes of African Americans, Black Arts Movement, Bla ...more
Published October 25th 2009 by Alphascript Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Uncle Tom's Cabin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncle Tom's Cabin

M Strawberry Reviews
Nov 24, 2013 M Strawberry Reviews rated it did not like it
Shelves: fake-book
This "book", and every other single "book" done by VDM Verlag (owner of the Alphascript imprint) and these hack editors at VDM/Alphascript are clowns who should not be allowed anywhere near a computer. This "book", and every single other "book" done by these hacks are literally nothing but copied and pasted Wikipedia articles.

EVERY SINGLE BOOK DONE BY VDM AND ALPHASCRIPT AND ALL OF VDM'S OTHER IMPRINTS ARE LITERALLY COPIED AND PASTED, and not checked for accuracy or formatted properly. It is a d
J.B. Vincent
Nov 11, 2013 J.B. Vincent rated it it was amazing
Everyone should go back and read Uncle Tom's Cabin every few years or so. I re-read it religiously once a year to remind myself of and get inspiration from how amazing Harriet Beecher Stowe was. To think of the times she wrote in and her life is almost too much to wrap your head around.
Christy
Aug 19, 2013 Christy rated it it was amazing
This book should be read by anyone who professes to be a Christian. I loved this book for so many reasons. First and foremost, this book was life changing and I was totally blown away by the message. It made me evaluate some of my own beliefs and how they relate to my actions. I really got involved with the characters because Stowe paints such a vivid picture with her words. I also loved how she would speak to her readers while telling the story. I could hardly put the book down because of the s ...more
Amasa
Mar 12, 2013 Amasa rated it it was amazing
I once tried to read this book once. But i didnt really understand it .Then i came across it a month ago.I heard people's opinions based upon this book.Some say that Uncle Tom sucked up to white people but thats NOT the case.In the book the charatcer worshiped and loved GOD. In the Bible it states love one another even your emenies. That what Uncle Tom did. As for the book it was goood. I liked how the book was set inn diffenet point of views. 5 stars for me!:)
Courtney Chase
This is one you read just because landmark books like this should be on every bibliophiles' bucket list. By the time you read them, the subject matter has been covered so many times, and so well, elsewhere, that the one that broke the barrier is tame by comparison. But you read it to give you some perspective of how far we've come that this was once scandalous, and sort of to pay respect to the author who went there first.
Anna Lippold
Aug 18, 2014 Anna Lippold rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book for many reasons. Being religious myself, I loved the message of braveness and fighting for what you believe in. The reader falls into the story of slaves and understand the message that men who have nothing can be so much more than men who have something. This novel does not take any corners where the villain turns out to be good, etc. Miller creates a strong foundation for the characters and conveys a moving message. I would recommend this to people who have a lo ...more
Pennie Davis
Sep 02, 2014 Pennie Davis rated it liked it
This is the second time I have read this book. The first being as a child in school for a book report. Inhumanity, justified by the Bible and freedom and humanity, justified by the Bible. An excellent book exposing the true injustice of the slave life and how faith can withstand all and give strength.

I do not consider myself a religious person but rather spiritual, and even I am moved by the strength of the main character, Tom, and his faith in God.
Marco Durazo
Mar 09, 2013 Marco Durazo rated it it was amazing
Very insightful into the life of the slaves, and how some men who have nothing can be so much better off then those who have a lot. This book is amazing because it doesn't just talk about the bad, but shows the reader the good in many people, and make the reader want to model themselves after them. Those characters that are bad are really bad, and makes even the most supportive reader cringe at the text.
Debbie
May 13, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all
Recommended to Debbie by: myself thirty years younger
Shelves: book-club
The Great books objection thus far to this book is that it is not great writing, but although I admit that it is more plot driven than your average classic, it deserves to remain a classic. i am in awe the themes that she was brave enough to introduce with varied nuance to the audience of her time. Had not read this in over thirty years and am glad I reread it.
Denae
Aug 21, 2014 Denae rated it it was amazing
Book club read from Kristen who always gives us a challenge - this one was well worth the time to read it, she said it is a book everyone should read, I agree with her - everyone should take the time to read this one, great book club choice!
Alex
Sep 24, 2014 Alex rated it it was amazing
A must read for all people of color!
Joyce
Jul 11, 2015 Joyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: classics
I think we should all re-read this. Well-written and makes an excellent case against slavery.
Sheri Hansen
Mar 24, 2013 Sheri Hansen rated it liked it
I was far more moved than I expected. This is a precious book!
Jonathan
Feb 04, 2014 Jonathan rated it liked it
I believed it was a great book for civil right activist, as it was it's purpose. I enjoyed the difference in the choice of my reading.
Clyde Birkholz
Jan 26, 2015 Clyde Birkholz rated it it was ok
A book of much importance, by a weak writer with only a poor sense of both the subject matter and the craft of writing.
Aimie Hansen
Oct 07, 2012 Aimie Hansen rated it it was amazing
Sooooo sad.
Rebecca Carter
A touching and moving book that was very insightful into a terrible time in history.
Olu Wellington

Aug 08, 2013 Susana rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish it.
Josh
Dec 03, 2013 Josh rated it liked it
its racist. its moderate (she's for american colonization society), and its almost cartoonish. but if you've not read a novel for too long, and are an sentimental then you'll enjoy all three stars.
Preston
Mar 20, 2013 Preston rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Indispensable. Comfortable and ignorant or uncomfortable and aware? You make the decision. Read this book.
Genelle Andersen
Jan 19, 2014 Genelle Andersen rated it it was amazing
Wonderful. Eye-opening. Beautifully written.
Brooke
Brooke rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Theresa
Theresa rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2014
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Bhuwan Chand
Bhuwan Chand rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2012
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Jianna Rivera
Jianna Rivera rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Julianne
Julianne rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2015
Brandy Luther
Brandy Luther rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2014
  • যাও পাখি
  • Civil War Poetry and Prose
  • আদর্শ হিন্দু হোটেল
  • সূর্য-দীঘল বাড়ী
  • সাক্ষী ছিলো শিরস্ত্রাণ
  • মহেশ
  • I'll Be Seeing You: A World War II Novel, Pacific Theater ('Til The Boys Come Home, #2)
  • আগুনের পরশমণি
  • How to Be Your Own Best Friend
  • In the Deep Heart's Core
  • প্রজাপতি
  • Chitra - A Play in One Act
This is the 'editor' of many books based upon Wikipedia articles.
More about Frederic P. Miller...