Perfect Princess: A Princess Diaries Book

Perfect Princess: A Princess Diaries Book (The Princess Diaries #10.5)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  2,866 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Elizabeth,
Pocahontas,
Mia Thermopolis:
all princesses
Do YOU have what it takes
to be a princess?

princess mia will help you find out

Best-selling Princess Diaries author Meg Cabot and acclaimed fashion artist Chesley McLaren team up again to display this clever royal roster of princesses of the world. Big or small, old or ne...more
Unknown Binding, 143 pages
Published March 23rd 2004 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2004)

Shadowland by Meg CabotTwilight by Meg CabotThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotAvalon High by Meg CabotAll-American Girl by Meg Cabot
Best Meg Cabot Books
58th out of 64 books — 709 voters
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotWhere the Heart Is by Billie LettsCarrie by Stephen KingEllen Foster by Kaye Gibbons
Best Girl Books
11th out of 124 books — 9 voters

More lists with this book...

hpboy13
A very fun read!
Eden
Jun 09, 2013 Eden rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teenage Girls
4 stars

Perfect Princess is a little side book from The Princess Diaries series, presenting the reader with inspirational real-life and imaginary princesses, from the point-of-view of Princess Mia.

Following the same line as Princess Lessons: A Princess Diaries Book, I appreciate the positive message of this book, giving teenage girls wonderful, respectable and beautiful princesses to look up to.

I recommend this book to teenage girls, especially those who enjoy reading about royalty.
Julie
May 19, 2009 Julie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Princess Diaries fans
Recommended to Julie by: I've read the other Princess Diaries books
Not sure how to categorize this. It's a guide to princesses throughout history (and throughout fiction too) - how their style, smarts, politics, and personality helped influence the world.

There's a much stronger connection with The Princess Diaries than there was in Princess Lessons, so that was good. It really made me chuckle a few times (particularly talking about Adora/She-Ra).

Defintely worth a read if you're a fan of Mia and company.
Emily Sabsook
This book started off really good because it was different and interesting. But after awhile the book got kind of boring and plain. It feels like it drags on and on. It could've had a story line instead of having each page be a different princess
PWRL
Jun 24, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Mahathi
it was so boring and uninteresting.This is a book i recommend to no one. I would give it a zero if i cud. IT is a book that justs lists princesses and different kinds and how u cud be like them. i finished it in 10 minutes flat (cuz i skimmed..:)) and it was totally not my type of book. But i think this was a informative book and not an actual story which is another reason why i hated it.
Grlz Grftn
Meg Cabot is one of my favorite autgors now. I mean, its like if you took a bunch of fictional and real princesses, a textbook, humor, and the PD characters, and mixed them all together! How she managed to put so much humor in something so educational is beyond me! Basicly the book is about some royal role models for young girls to look up to.I would reccomend it to any girls from about 9-14
Christina
This might have been a good book to me if I was 12, otherwise it just seemed like a way to cash in on the craze. It was basically Mia and her Grandmere talking about every known princess and their qualities. Unfortunately although the narrators were named Mia and Grandmere, they were not in any way the same characters that are in the books. Nice try Meg, but this was a no go.
Alice Lovegood
I think it didn't give enough credit to Snow White for being a role model when it comes to remaining positive and faithful. I blame this due to Meg Cabot's liberal-feminist outlook on life. In other ways her outlook is a good thing when giving credit to other princesses.
Sabitah Irwani
is the first book of the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. It tells us about the biggest dream of every young teenage girl in the world for became a princess royal descent...
I love every part of the story and I like the way author tells the story
Heather
May 12, 2011 Heather rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: teens
Tips on how to be a princess. I found this well written, but not quite what I was expecting. It is not a "story" as the other Princess Diaries books are. It is instead a collection of princess and why they were good/important. An interesting read.
Paige [eastIndies.]
Charming, fast-paced, witty, and hilarious. I've never read writing that flows as well as Cabot's, especially in a diary-formatted novel. Cabot creates such wonderful and distinct characters with strong voices who are unforgettable.
Amy
This would've been okay except for all the liberal and socialist crap interjected into the book. I'm sure young girls would like this book. Though, I wouldn't read it to my kids without skipping all the progressive nonsense.
Astri
Ilustrasinya cute banget aku suka, buku ini bagian dari serial princess diaries tapi ceritanya sama sekali ga nyambung apabila dibaca terpisah...
Ada berbagai putri yg diceritain secara singkat... ^^
Elaw6
I did not like this book. I think that's because it doesn't really have a conflict. All it talks about is the history of different princesses. It was really boring to read and I would not recommend it.
Molly Panzer
Again, reading this because Natalie was reading it. There is definitely some value and could be helpful in building self confidence in a middle schooler. I think I'm done with Princess titles, I hope??
Jessica
I really hate every single book in this series--they all read like an idle 1997 IM chat session between two 13 year-olds. No matter how old Mia gets it's still the same tone, no growth or maturity.
Alicia
Cute, fun, and even educational.
Hope
I loved it! I loved how it was relatable to teens of 2003 and how quirky it was. And although it was a bit boring at times,it was still an enjoyable light read.
Arra Abella
Mar 06, 2013 Arra Abella rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young Adult (girls), Princess wannabes
Like what Meg Cabot said in her introduction, this is a book "For princesses everywhere, past, present, and pretend." Still funny but in a sort of informative way.
Chaniago
Feb 20, 2012 Chaniago rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Princess
this book really tells about me, a PRINCESS!
if you know about who is a princess or how to be her, just read this book!
oh ya, my fave princess is belle!
Audrey
Oct 05, 2011 Audrey rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who love history subject
Shelves: reviewed
I don't think this book was a novel or a story-book, I think it's a guide or a textbook of princesses. Just don't read it if you don't really like histories.
Stephanie
Not sure if I'll make it through this one...so far it is pretty stupid...a lot of fluff and not really a book in the series. This book was dumb.
Karen

It was alright...
Camille
I didn't like it that much. It was just a guide to somethin' a rather. I didn't think that it was that interesting.
Samantha
Funny, informative, and fast-paced. A great add-on to the Princess Diaries series! I definitely enjoyed it. :)
Yenniy
Tentu saja, sebagai Putri, kita harus kenal sama Putri-Putri dari negara lain. Jgn sampe jadi Putri Tu-La-Lit.
Carly K
It was a great book about different princesses around the world that were actually alive at a certain point in time.
Erin
Only read the princesses I was intrested in reading about. So techinicly I did'nt read the whole book.
Katya
keren .. princess mia ngajarin something yg berharga buat kita ,, yg pngn jdy putri .. :))
  • Sk8er Boy
  • Lovingly Alice
  • Anna and the Duke (The MacLaughlins, #1)
  • Amelia and the Outlaw
  • The Girl Most Likely
  • Another Little Piece of My Heart
  • Justin Bieber: My World 2.0: Easy Piano
  • Control (Shift, #2)
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Harsh Pink: Color Me Burned (TrueColors, #12)
  • Taylor Swift - Speak Now
  • Odysseus in the Serpent Maze (Young Heroes, #1)
  • Suite Dreams
  • Sixteen: Stories about That Sweet and Bitter Birthday
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Journey of Hope (Angel of Mercy, #1-2)
  • Justin Bieber: My World
  • Calling Romeo

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she flun...more
More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1)