Start by marking “An Engagement in Seattle: Groom Wanted\Bride Wanted” as Want to Read:
An Engagement in Seattle: Groom Wanted\Bride Wanted

An Engagement in Seattle: Groom Wanted\Bride Wanted (From This Day Forward #1-2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,415 ratings  ·  104 reviews

A billboard on the side of a Seattle road is common enough&#
Published February 22nd 2011 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about An Engagement in Seattle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Engagement in Seattle

Chasing Victory by Joanne JaytaniePayton's Pursuit by Joanne JaytanieThe Corny Myers Series by Sharon KleveThe EX by Sharon KleveLove Under the Christmas Tree by Danica Winters
Best Romance Books Set In Seattle, WA
38th out of 109 books — 51 voters
Her Reluctant Groom by Rose GordonHer Sudden Groom by Rose GordonHer Secondhand Groom by Rose GordonHer Imperfect Groom by Rose GordonThe Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
"Groom" Books
45th out of 53 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Chris
Two books in one.

Groom Wanted

A very forgetful book. Alex needs to marry Julia to stay in the US. Julia needs to marry Alex to make her company successful. Alex is a biochemist and Julia's company sells paint! How exciting is that?!?

She only agrees to marry him to save her company, however, he insists if they get married, it has to be a "real" marriage -- read sex.

Bride Wanted

On the back cover of this book (and the GoodReads description as well), the hero is called "Chase Goodwin." However, on th
Denise
Mar 09, 2013 Denise rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: light romance fans, Debbie Macomber fans.
This is a two for one Debbie Macomber. That is always a good thing. The first story is about a woman that marries a man to save her company. The second is about a man that so wants a wife that he advertises on a billboard.

Both are cute. Typical Debbie Macomber.
Chandramas (Chiara)
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
This is the first two book in the "From This Day Forward" Series.
#1 Groom Wanted
#2 Bride Wanted
#3 Marriage Wanted

I have all 3 books seperately from their previous publication, so am not getting this 2-in-1 book.
Linda Carroll-Bradd
I appreciate clean romantic stories and this collection of 2 full-length novels didn't disappoint. I felt more connected to the characters in Bride Wanted possibly because the heroine was in the early stages of denial about her broken engagement. Plus the neighbor and her sons added life. I appreciate a plot that is a bit different than the others.
The heroine in Groom Wanted was too morose and had been stuck in her 'woe is me' rut for too long. But Alex the hero was compelling enough to get past
Heather Truckenmiller
Typical Debbie Macomber - which I love. Quick, light, reads.

Amanda
When I first read this, I gave it 3 stars since I thought the first was "ok" and the second I "really liked". However, in retrospect, I really didn't like either of them. I hated the characters in the first one (except Jerry; I did like him) and thought the story was terrible. In the second one, I actually did like the characters, but thought this story was also really bad. I'm a huge Macomber fan, but I just couldn't like either of these books. I still kept 2 stars because the second book was o ...more
EZRead eBookstore
As a fan of short stories, how could I not enjoy this novel? They may have been longer short stories, but that may have been part of the appeal. Sometimes shorts are cut off abruptly, leaving readers cold, without closure, much like those daisy dukes I used to wear. However, each of these shorts gave full character arcs, allowing believable relationships to grow without force-heating them into lumpy oatmeal.

In “Groom Wanted,” Alek is sweeter than honey, and could easily bring any woman to her kn
Amelia

Kristi
This book contains two novellas, both containing unusual stories of love and marriage, both set in Seattle. In both, the woman was the one requiring some straightening out.

The first novella, Groom Wanted, is a typical green card marriage story. Julia Conrad's family business was in dire jeopardy a few years ago due to a misguided romance. Alex, a Russian biochemist has brought it back to life with his innovations which are set to soon hit the market, but his visa expires and he's denied a renewa
Anne Holly
Aug 04, 2012 Anne Holly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of Macomber; those who enjoy sweet contemporary romance
This book has two novellas in it, both published in the 1990s (with updating). "Groom Wanted" features an ambitious business woman managing the family's corporation, who enters into a "green card marriage" with the plant's star researcher so he won't be deported. "Bride Wanted" features an Alaskan good guy who comes to Washington to seek a wife, and finds a jilted teacher eager for a new start. I'm a big fan of Debbie Macomber, and these stories did not disappoint.

I loved them both as light, qui
Tracy Smith
Two couples, two marriages, and two hopelessly romantic love stories that begin in an "Engagement in Seattle."

The first story, "Groom Wanted," is the story of Julia and Alek who must struggle through alot of uncertainty. Alek must use all of his patience and understanding to gain Julia's trust and eventually love.
In the second story, "Bride Wanted," Chase Goodman advertises boldly on a billboard in downtown Seattle for a wife. Though Lesley doesn't officially apply, she wins his heart when she
Julie Barrett
an engagement in seattle by debbie macomber
groom wanted - scientist needs to get married to stay in US. he can make their company survive and thrive with the knowledge he has. he only believes marriage is for life. the family is trying to talk her into marrying him and the pre-nup offers him a part of the company which he turns down. just why would he want to get married then?
she wants to please her grandmother and get married before she passes away, she's had another heart attack.now they have
Marcia Berg Haskell
"Aleksandr Berinksi is a Russian biochemist in the U.S. on a visa that is about to expire. Marriage will allow him to stay—marriage to Julia Conrad. If Julia's going to save her Seattle-based company, she needs him as much as he needs her. There's a Groom Wanted in Julia's life. And not just any groom!

A billboard on the side of a Seattle road is common enough—but one advertising for a bride? It's Chase Goodwin's solution to the problem of finding a wife quickly, a wife to bring home to Alaska. L
Sandi
Two great stories in one. Both were cute stories about kinda like "mail order brides" Advertising on a billboard for a bride. And the hunt for a groom. great characters, a lot of fun mis-understandings. Could hardly wait to get to the next chapter. One of those stories where you just want to hurry to the end to find out what happens..
Elliebit
Could not find separate book just for 'Bride Wanted' as that is the book I borrowed. Let me put it this way, It was horrible. Total waste of my time. I can't believe I made it a little past halfway thinking it would get better; it didn't. I'm done with this.
Kim Hampton
Another set of great stories from Debbie Macomber, who has fast become one of my favorite authors. First comes marriage, THEN comes love? Sometimes things are a little...unusual. In the first story, Julia is forced to marry Alek, her top employee, when his visa expires, or risk losing her company. Can a marriage survive and even thrive under those circumstances? In the second story, Chase, an Alaska bachelor, rents a billboard to advertise for a bride; will anybody respond? Or could he find love ...more
Debralee
Two for one. Love wins out in both short stories. I enjoy her character building and unpredictable location in Bride Wanted. Groom Wanted was a lovely dream of "oh, don't I wish?" As is her way, MacComber ends both with happy ever after romances after a bumpy start. I enjoy her style.
Marissa
This is one of those 2 stories in one book. Both involve an engagement and a marriage. The first story is basically a marriage of convenience. Julia Conrad reluctantly agrees to marry a Russian biochemist who has a visa that is about to expire. Marrying Julia would prevent him from being deported. Julia doesn't love him at first. But she does eventually fall in love with him.
The second story I loved much better. Chase Goodwin advertises for a bride. However, he ends up falling for Lesley, who do
Jean
It was ok. The first of her book I have read. It was a nice romance story witout graphic sex, which I appreciate. I am not really much of a reader of this kind of romance stuff. I read Linda Lael Miller some, because we have beeen friends for years. I read this because Macomber is her friend and I wanted to see the diference. Macomber has the undertone of a fundamentalist Christian and I expect that is her audience. I know that Lind'a politics are in her writing too, so I feel certain Macomber u ...more
Jill
A good vacation read, two stories in one book. Easy read and I love to read books set in areas that I have visited.
Sarah Jowett
I love Cedar Cove and Blossom Street and now Rose Harbor but I really cannot get into her stand alone books.
Beth Pearson
This is a 475 page Debbie Macomber book with 2 complete stories in it and predictable in that it is a romance story as you would expect. However, this is probably my latest favorite Macomber book of all that I've read. Not too many characters, the 2 stories are completely independent of each other, and a well worn, but still engaging plot. Fun characters, giggly comments, sexual tension--but no sex, and just a total escapism book. My copy was sat on by my friend's children, but it's still readab ...more
Patricia Berry
It was a fun read. I love Debbie's books.
Trish
This is actually two short novellas that have now been published in one volume. I read it mainly as a distraction when I needed something on my iTouch. I always struggle with whether I should evaluate a book based on its genre versus in relation to all the books I have read, especially when the author makes it clear at the beginning that she wrote these simply because she thinks this storyline is a fun one.

Anyway, the stories were relatively enjoyable although obviously formulaic and unrealistic
April Suter
Groom Wanted: Julia is not a patient women, a driven business owner with a scientist that will be deported since his Visa has expired. Her brother gives them a solution to the problem--get married.

Bride Wanted: An Alaskan has decided to get married during his vacation and buys a billboard advertising for a wife. Meanwhile he meets Lesley so the equation: Love in Alaska=Chase + Lesley - many interested women - old personal histories.

Two cute republished stories of classic Macomber love stories.

Nancy
Easy, escapism, predictable but entertaining when you just can't read anything requiring thought and concentration.

In "Groom Wanted" a female business executive marries her companies foreign scientist so that he can stay in the country. After issues of trust are resolved love follows - of course.

In "Bride Wanted" a man from Alaska spends three weeks in Seattle hoping to find a wife by purchasing billboard advertisement. He meets a woman who thinks that's the stupidest idea she's ever heard.
Dorothy Timm
This was two stories. Actually the combined rating I'd give would be 3 1/2 stars-3 for the first story, 4 for the second. The first "Groom Wanted" was overly predictable, and I really didn't understand how she changed her attitude so fast. The second story, "Bride Wanted", though also somewhat predictable, was more typical Debbie Macomber, where I was kind of glad they all lived happily ever after. For some reason, the characters in the first story weren't that likable to me.
Cindy
It was a hot day at the beach and I couldn't read anything of substance. There was also Big Band music playing in the background and I figured it was romance novel time. I don't know why I like reading these books but I do. The first one felt similar to Fifty Shades...domineering man, powerful woman who's really waiting to be controlled...very formulaic and more than annoying. The second one had me oohhhing and awwwwing a bit more but still. Go ahead and read for the fantasy.
Debbie Pierson
Two stories both set in Seattle. ..Some of Debbie's older stories. Very good.
  • Return to Rose Cottage: The Laws of Attraction\For the Love of Pete
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Completely Smitten \ Hers for the Weekend
  • Sweet Rains: Second Nature / Lessons Learned
  • Snow Angels
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Holiday in Stone Creek: A Stone Creek Christmas / At Home in Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #4 & 6)
  • Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #15)
  • Home Again (Chesapeake Diaries #2)
  • Marrying Daisy Bellamy (Lakeshore Chronicles #8)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...

From This Day Forward (3 books)
  • Groom Wanted (From This Day Forward #1) (Silhouette Special Edition, No 831)
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • Pernikahan Impian (Marriage Wanted)
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) Back on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #4)