Start by marking “Strawberry Panic Vol 1” as Want to Read:
Strawberry Panic Vol 1

Strawberry Panic Vol 1 (Strawberry Panic (Light Novel) #1)

Strawberry Panic, the first yuri light novel in North America, is set at Astrea Hill, where three exclusive all-girl schools converge. At St. Miator Girl’s Academy, gentle breezes scatter cherry blossoms across its lush campus. Nagisa, a normal and cheerful high school student, is stunned when she meets Shizuma, the school’s top student, whose beauty takes her breath away. ...more
Published March 18th 2008 by Seven Seas (first published March 18th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Strawberry Panic Vol 1, please sign up.

Kat Are you asking where to buy it or how it is read front to back japanese style? If no one is selling it try second hand places or try online manga…moreAre you asking where to buy it or how it is read front to back japanese style? If no one is selling it try second hand places or try online manga scanners. (less)

Makhda
Jul 27, 2015 Makhda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yuri-shoujo-ai
3.5

I only watched the anime. It's kind of cute.
Despair Speaking
I've never been into yuri. Never. There are times I'm into yaoi pairing (usually those that aren't meant to be yaoi but have a huge chance of being so like Ozbert from Pandora Hearts) but not yuri.

Still, there were some yuri manga and anime that I've read/watched either because the plot was interesting or there some other factor that strangely drew me in, like funny characters or a mysterious... well, mystery.

But Strawberry Panic was totally focused on the yuriness. The jokes were so not funny (
Nyie Rombeng
artwork karakter cewek distrawberry panic ini sungguh cantik & mempesona.apalagi semuanya rata2 berambut panjang & dibuat berwarna-warni.lucu & gemes dibuatnya.
dan yang ndak kalah penting girls behaviour yang dipaparkan disini menambah minat kamu para readers untuk memilikinya.
atla
Dec 15, 2008 atla rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library
4 stars for the boobage; 2 stars for the story.
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~2.5/5

This review is based on the previously released single volume books; however, it has been re-released in omnibus format as one volume.

This was kind of weird for me to read. I don’t know if that’s bad to say, and I totally have no problem with any kind of relationship. But, weirdly enough, I’ve never read a yuri manga before. I barely see them in stores (and only recently have I even heard of very many being released over here), and I just prefer shojo over yuri (over most kinds, really). I
Tania
Jan 27, 2010 Tania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ayanami
Well, it's basically yuri fanservice? Though not particularly explicit. I just mean fanservice in the sense that its for people who like seeing cute and innocent lesbian anime girls do cute and innocent lesbian anime things. You know, lots of blushing, staring longingly at fellow attractive anime girls, maybe some comments about their ample chests or lack thereof, all those cliches.

Side note: if you've seen the anime and was rooting for Tamao, well, her character is completely different in this
Yue
I honestly hope this is not a sign I will despise yuri. After reading so many good reviews about it... this was bad. The art style is, yes, beautiful. The girls are pretty. The story... MEH. Nagisa... MEH, so silly, wind-head and annoying as hell. I've been reading this since a month ago, or more. I could only read a chapter per week. It was that bad. The story does not make much sense, there are a lot of characters, and of course, every girl is in love with other girl.

I will not give up, though
Robin Conley
A friend of mine gave me this manga to read. Normally I enjoy the ones she sends my way, but this one was a little to all over for me. It was hard to follow what was going on at times and I also had moments of just shaking my head at the characters. I know most manga characters don't act rationally, or logically, but this one was just strange. Not my cup of tea, I guess. I prefer mangas that have some fighting or an action story line that goes along with the romance line.
Setsanata
Oct 25, 2008 Setsanata rated it it was amazing
I have heard of this long ago, so I started watching the anime only up to recently. So then, I decided to read the light novel also. And from what I have read thus far, it is completely different from the anime, but 100% better than the anime.

The beginning of the screwy Etoile competition. Craziness, love, and... EVERYTHING is in this book!! ***** Stars!
Lauren
Apr 30, 2012 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Not generally something that would be on the top of my list to read but I was greatly surprised! I absolutely loved the storyline and all of the characters. I would read this series again in a minute, it was that good!
Katrina
Jan 17, 2015 Katrina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of course with there being so many different versions of the manga, i have the onimbus version. It was beautifully drawn and the story is mostly centered around Nagisa x Shizuma but it does focus on the other girls too which I liked.

NAGISA X SHIZUMA FOREVER <3 <3 <3
Evanille
No me gustó. Nagisa actua como Bella Swan.
Todo es puro fanservice (para hombre) eso que yo amo el yuri. No siento que exista una chispa en la parejas, y realmente el manga me pareció malo y patético. Es un manga con todos los estereotipos molestos del yuri.
✟ℜoxanne✟(Death by Book Avalanche)
I really enjoyed this manga, the artwork is so beautiful and the story very cute. As a fan of Yuri and Shoujo ai I knew I would like this manga due to it's genre. This is not an explicit manga but filled with fluffy romance and cute crushes.
Evanille
No me gustó. Nagisa actua como Bella Swan.
Mehsi
Read this manga 5 years ago, and I thought now was the time to re-read them. I still love this manga (and also the anime), the couples are lovely. I am sad though that the manga never got further than 2. :\
Sara
Just a little too much girl drama for me. It really felt like I was in a boarding school and it also felt really young (especially given the content). I liked most of the artwork and don't have anything negative to say about it- it just wasn't for me.
Kat
Aug 16, 2016 Kat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't blown away by the art style or story. I liked a few characters but that doesn't make up for the whole cast. Not an explicit read but not an engaging read.
Chris
Dec 30, 2008 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Yuri Romance Manga/Anime
Shelves: manga, yuri
This manga is amazing! Nagisa and Shizuma's interactions are just sooo irresitably sweet and cute. Hikari is my favorite character...she is sooo shy! =)
izrtkfliers
May 16, 2011 izrtkfliers rated it it was ok
Shelves: light-novels, owned
Well, the art is nice.

The story is written in a really over-the-top way that I found to be really funny at the time I was reading it, which is why it's two stars instead of one.
Trip
Dec 16, 2008 Trip rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorable, and despite the rating not particularly explicit, but really not the sort of yuri where the reader can think, "Oh, she just looks up to her sempai and wants to grow up to be like her".
Diana
Sep 29, 2011 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was really cute! I wonder who Amane's partner is though... Hm. Well, then I suppose I should get the next volume to find out. C:
Alurnian
Alurnian rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Anna Rose
Anna Rose rated it did not like it
Mar 13, 2012
Adriana
Adriana rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2013
Ana De la garza
Ana De la garza rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Coffeenoodlebeanie
Coffeenoodlebeanie rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Renthroh
Renthroh rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
EHW
EHW rated it did not like it
Nov 07, 2013
  • Kashimashi Vol 1
  • Venus Versus Virus Vol 1
  • Girl Friends [ガールフレンズ], Volume 1
  • Voiceful
  • Kannazuki No Miko: Destiny of Shrine Maiden, Volume 1
  • First Love Sisters Vol 1
  • Ballad of a Shinigami, Vol. 1 (Ballad of a Shinigami, #1)
  • Gosick: The Novel (Gosick, #1)
  • Maka-Maka Vol 1: Sex, Life, and Communication
  • Hayate the Combat Butler, Vol. 4
  • Princess Princess, Volume 01
  • My-HiME, Volume 1 (Mai Hime, #1)
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Curse Killing Arc, Vol. 2
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 01
  • Disgaea
  • Loveless 4
  • Jazz, Volume 01
Sakurako Kimino (公野 櫻子 Kimino Sakurako) is a Japanese novelist. She is notable for the creation of Sister Princess and Strawberry Panic!, two very successful bishōjo series where almost all the characters in both series are young girls. She has had her work serialized in the Japanese bishōjo magazine Dengeki G's Magazine, published by MediaWorks. She is also the creator of the light novel series B ...more
More about Sakurako Kimino...

Strawberry Panic (Light Novel) (4 books)
  • Strawberry Panic, Vol. 02 (Strawberry Panic, #2)
  • Strawberry Panic (manga) Vol 3