Start by marking “Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)” as Want to Read:
Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)

Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House #22)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,306 Ratings  ·  170 Reviews
Published June 15th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2000)

A Perfect Time for Pandas by Mary Pope OsborneSummer of the Sea Serpent by Mary Pope OsborneLeprechaun in Late Winter by Mary Pope OsborneEve of the Emperor Penguin by Mary Pope OsborneNight of the New Magicians by Mary Pope Osborne
Magic Tree House
47th out of 56 books — 60 voters
Dinosaurs Before Dark by Mary Pope OsborneThe Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds by David A. AdlerThe Case of the Missing Monkey by Cynthia RylantThe Catnapping Mystery by David A. AdlerThe Birthday Mystery by David A. Adler
Best Series for Early Readers
24th out of 52 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Norberto Leyva
Jan 03, 2013 Norberto Leyva rated it it was amazing
“Magic Tree House the Revolutionary War on Wednesday”
Jack and Annie go back to the Colonial times (1775-1782) because their mission was to get a note to save Camelot, King Arthur’s castle. They read about British people wearing “red coats” and the Patriots wearing blue. The Patriots were fighting for their freedom from the “red coats.” Jack and Annie got caught by the Patriots and they were questioned. General George Washington comes; Jack and Annie were separated in the marching crowd. It was
Karen
Feb 15, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jacob
One of Jacob's favorite Magic Tree House books. He read this on his own. Jake is a big fan of George Washington and the Revolutionary War...krb 2/15/16
Rebecca
Mar 09, 2016 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-books
From the Desk of RJ:
So what was this book about?
It was about Jack and Annie and the Magic Treehouse, and that guy with the American Flag and the Hat.

What's his name?
I forgooooot.

Go grab the book so you can check.
George Washington.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
George Washington, I already said it.

Tell me more what it was about.
George Washington had a mission to cross that big river and there were no children allowed according to him. And I think it was the Captain-- the soldier-
Michelle Hessler
In Revolutionary War on Wednesday, Mary Pope Osborne creates a story of a young brother and sister who have a tree house that does magical things. It brings the young children back to the past, during great historical events. This book happens to be about the Revolutionary War. Jack and Annie travel back in time to the 1700’s. The children are whisked away into a time where George Washington leads the troops. The children are sent back in time for a mission, they need to retrieve something for t ...more
Amaal
Mar 28, 2014 Amaal rated it it was amazing
Title: Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Author: Mary Pope Osborne
Date of Publication: 2000
Genre: Fiction/Chapter Book
Annotations: In this book of the Magic Tree House Series, Jack and Annie go back to the colonial times and learn about the conducts during the Revolutionary War. Will they find what it is they’re looking for? Will they be able to keep history intact?

This is my first time reading a book from the Magic Tree House Series. These books seem to have good connections to actual events in hi
Rubi
Jun 02, 2015 Rubi rated it liked it
This book was okay as far as MTH books go. In this one, Jack and Annie follow a group of patriots to George Washington. Once there they give George Washington encouragement to continue the fight for liberty. That's pretty much all that happens. Though, this version makes it seem as though our favorite characters were influential in saving our future haha
And just a side note here....Isn't it funny how Mary Pope Osborne seems to contradict herself sometimes? I mean, we have Jack, who loves to read
Jessica
Identifying the appropriate genre: Historical Fiction, Fantasy

Review/Summary: Jack and Annie are sent back to colonial times. They are sent back to Christmas Day, 1776, where they come across George Washington on the banks of the Delaware River. He is about to lead his army in a surprise attack against the enemy army. Can Jack and Annie keep history on course and find the second kind of writing for Morgan’s library?

Writing Trait: Revolutionary War on Wednesday includes a couple of writing traits
Anna
Oct 15, 2012 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
This book is the second in this set of four missions to collect special writings for Morgan's library in Camelot. The poem they are using includes the line "something to send" and that is what Jack and Annie must find during the Revolutionary War.

Being in Pennsylvania, of course they are sent to Valley Forge at Christmas of 1776 when Washington and his troops are preparing to cross the Delaware. The children meet an officer who is from their own hometown, Frog Creek, PA, and he gives them a lett
Megan Sanchez
May 17, 2012 Megan Sanchez rated it really liked it
How have I never read books from this series before? I was never given them to read growing up (I think they were published a little late for me) and I don't have children. But now that I have found them, I want to devour every single one.

The basic idea is that Jack and Annie have this magic tree house that will take them anywhere and anytime they want to go. Apparently, these aren't just one-off adventures either, as there are mysteries give to them by Morgan le Fay to solve over three or four
RLL52013_Kaitlin Larson
Nov 11, 2013 RLL52013_Kaitlin Larson rated it liked it
Shelves: rll-520
Magic Tree House stories are not only great fantasy early reader novels, but they can also fall into the category of historical fiction as well. This story focuses about going back in time to the middle of the Revolutionary War where Jack and Annie are sent of an adventure of course. Even though this is a cross over of fantasy and historical fiction I still think it is a useful story to highlight different points in our historical past, especially for young readers when history can be a dry subj ...more
Sarah Sammis
Jun 17, 2010 Sarah Sammis rated it it was ok
There are so many retellings of key moments in the American revolutionary war that the battlefield must have been littered with ancestors of celebrities and time travelers. There doesn't seem to be much room left for the people who were actually there. Add to the list now Jack and Annie as they visit in Revolutionary War on Wednesday.

Sean and I both were disappointed by the book. I get that it's fun to hook up the main characters with famous people. In this case it's General George Washington. U
Arisnely Molina
Apr 24, 2015 Arisnely Molina rated it liked it
Favorite character:
Jack
one adjective to describe this character:
Responsible
Evidence:
"We made a mistake" Jack said "We--we didn't mean to come."#48
Favorite line:
"American patriots fight for independence from Britain"#13
This is my favorite line because that is what I'm still learning at school and maybe this is helping me a little bit with this topic at school.
I recommend this book to my classmate this book may help them a little bit understand more about this theme.
Jori
Feb 18, 2014 Jori rated it really liked it
Purchased this because I enjoyed Dragon of the Red Dawn Magic Tree house #37. I am tutoring over revolutionary war so I thought this book would be a nice little story to read to learn about it. Not big on many facts, however, will probably still use it to see if he's actively reading either way.

This is good for kids maybe in the sense that they'll become interested in George Washington. In any case at least they did not visit him while he was chopping down a cherry tree.
Jess
Feb 01, 2009 Jess rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 2-3 graders, chapter book readers
Recommended to Jess by: Revolutionary War Booktalk
Jack and Annie travel back to colonial times where they run into George Washington about to cross the Delaware to go to battle.

This is one of the better series for kids new to chapter books. Osborne sets a perfect pacing and excitement level for her age group and does a good job of bringing in vocabulary (slosh is the word that sticks out in my mind) and history. Yes, it's a little cheerful and simple but also fitting for the age group. Plus she quoted Thomas Paine. When was the last time you re
Amanda
Sep 14, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
I chose to read this book because I loved these books when I was little. The book is about two children named Jack and Annie who use books to travel through time to solve mysteries. This particular book lands Jack and Annie in a boat crossing the Delaware with General George Washington. This book is great for classroom use because it is historical fiction, perking student’s interest while also teaching them a little bit about history. This book also has certain vocabulary words written in italic ...more
Maidalys
favorite character: Annie
one adjective to describe this character: risky
evidence: " but annie took off again. she crouched behind a rock. she wasonly about ten feet from the campfire." (#17)
favorite line: jack saw the figure of a small girl . she was sitting in the back of the biggest boat. (#38-39) this is my favorite line because annie always want to do thing that dont have to do.
Arlo Powell
May 02, 2015 Arlo Powell rated it really liked it
This book is a great way to give students an insight into the revolutionary war. It is an easy read which makes it an excellent book for developing readers. I would use this book for a revolutionary war unit (obviously) to give my students a more personal and first-hand look at the main players in the revolution (especially Washington).
Jerome
Mar 12, 2015 Jerome rated it really liked it
Another interesting and wildly improbable Tree House tale. Jack and Annie end up in Pennsylvania as George Washington prepares to cross the Delaware for the attack on Trenton. An interesting and informative story that presents a basic overview of the war, even if Jack and Annie’s “advice” to Washington is a bit much.
Moe
Nov 15, 2012 Moe rated it liked it
-RANDOM HOUSE,MAGIC TREE HOUSE,level 2.2
-Time:11/14=45minutes, 11/15=25minutes
-7words summary:United States-revolution-war-christmas-snow-letter-peaceful
-Discussion questions:
1. In this story,main charactors were passed a letter. How do you always send your message to people? I mean, do you send your messages by using e-mails or sending letters or anything else?
-I usually use e-mails and LINE to send my messages. LINE is like a chatting room with some friends. However I send a letter on special
Jessica Lane
May 06, 2016 Jessica Lane rated it it was amazing
Revolutionary War on Wednesday in the twenty-second book in the Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne. Jack and Annie are siblings who travel through time in a tree house in the woods. In this book, they travel back to the Revolutionary War and meet George Washington.

I really enjoy all the Magic Tree House books, and Revolutionary War on Wednesday was no different. When I was younger, I loved the fantastical side of the story, and I learned a lot. I think it's awesome how Osborne has pair
Coralie
Jul 18, 2015 Coralie rated it really liked it
I love the Magic Tree House books! This is the second book in the set for this particular mission, which happens to be my favorite of the missions. Jack and Annie go back to the Revolutionary War and help George Washington keep history on track.

Re-read: 7/18/15
Liz
Jan 27, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing
My 6-year old and I have read all of the MTH books up until this point, and this one is by far the best. I haven't bothered to rate them all because they're all pretty much the same 4-ish star quality - this is the exception. I actually found myself learning more about Revolutionary War history in this book than I remember learning in school - ha! And the best part is that I grew up in Philadelphia, so during the part when General Washington is leading his men in a secret mission across the Dela ...more
Mrs. Kris's Class
Mar 11, 2011 Mrs. Kris's Class rated it did not like it
Dear Readers,
I'm Rebecca,
and in my belief, Revoloutionary War on Wednesday
________________________________

is about a girl named Annie who would rather go on adventures then sleep until 12:00 in the afternoon.
Not like my family, I dp the most adventurous things in my family, or atleast wants to. My mom gets worried.
Annie's older brother Jack, is also a maine character.
He'd rather sleep til' 12:00 in the afternoon.
Jack and Annie go inside there magic tree house, and find a letter from Morgan. The
Holden
Jun 23, 2016 Holden rated it really liked it
Annie snuck onto George Washington's boat and that was crazy! I learned that the patriots are blue and the British soldiers wore red uniforms. I learned a lot of facts about the Revolutionary War. Some people wanted to be free of the British.
Suzanne
Nov 16, 2014 Suzanne rated it really liked it
My son and I read this entire book in one sitting tonight and he immediately asked if we can go back to the library soon to get more Magic Tree house books. Any book that gets a reaction like that from a young reader is aces in my opinion.
Laura Scheller
Apr 24, 2015 Laura Scheller rated it liked it
Nathaniel
Feb 14, 2014 Nathaniel rated it it was amazing
It was about Jack and Annie trying to get a message and they got the message for a family in Frog Creek. They live in Frog Creek, but since they went back in time, they went through the trails.
Mary Borgese
Oct 28, 2013 Mary Borgese rated it it was amazing
Shelves: popular-series
Mary Pope Osborne's Magic Tree House books are brilliant! There is so much to learn from each short novel. Revolutionary War on Wednesday is a simplified history lesson about the revolutionary war that children will enjoy as they follow the adventures of Annie and Jack. In the novel, Annie and Jack experience situations that reflect events that might have occurred during the war or back then. The detail that is added into the characters adventure makes the story seem so real! Children hate to le ...more
luhvBOOKS
Aug 24, 2012 luhvBOOKS rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Title: Revolutionary War on Wednesday

Author: Mary Pope Osborne

Series: Magic tree House #22

Rating:

Summary: It is a dark and snowy night when the Magic Tree House whisks Jack and Annie back to colonial times. General George Washington is about to lead his army in a sneak attack against their enemy. But now a terrible weather is making the great general question his plans. Can Jack and Annie keep history on track? The fate of the country rests in their hands!

Review: Fighting for freedom and relivi
James Biser
Jul 26, 2015 James Biser rated it really liked it
This book was a great read with my children. It was full of true history and was such an interesting tale that my kids loved learning about Washington crossing the Delaware.
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • The School Skeleton (A to Z Mysteries, #19)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight On The Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)