Start by marking “Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)” as Want to Read:
Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)

Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House #22)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  4,776 ratings  ·  153 reviews
Published June 15th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2000)

A Perfect Time for Pandas by Mary Pope OsborneNight of the New Magicians by Mary Pope OsborneSummer of the Sea Serpent by Mary Pope OsborneLeprechaun in Late Winter by Mary Pope OsborneAbe Lincoln At Last! by Mary Pope Osborne
Magic Tree House
41st out of 56 books — 42 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothLittle House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls WilderPrincess Academy by Shannon HaleThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettRuby Red by Kerstin Gier
Favorite Books I Own
24th out of 241 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Norberto Leyva
“Magic Tree House the Revolutionary War on Wednesday”
Jack and Annie go back to the Colonial times (1775-1782) because their mission was to get a note to save Camelot, King Arthur’s castle. They read about British people wearing “red coats” and the Patriots wearing blue. The Patriots were fighting for their freedom from the “red coats.” Jack and Annie got caught by the Patriots and they were questioned. General George Washington comes; Jack and Annie were separated in the marching crowd. It was
Amaal
Title: Revolutionary War on Wednesday
Author: Mary Pope Osborne
Date of Publication: 2000
Genre: Fiction/Chapter Book
Annotations: In this book of the Magic Tree House Series, Jack and Annie go back to the colonial times and learn about the conducts during the Revolutionary War. Will they find what it is they’re looking for? Will they be able to keep history intact?

This is my first time reading a book from the Magic Tree House Series. These books seem to have good connections to actual events in hi
Rubi
This book was okay as far as MTH books go. In this one, Jack and Annie follow a group of patriots to George Washington. Once there they give George Washington encouragement to continue the fight for liberty. That's pretty much all that happens. Though, this version makes it seem as though our favorite characters were influential in saving our future haha
And just a side note here....Isn't it funny how Mary Pope Osborne seems to contradict herself sometimes? I mean, we have Jack, who loves to read
Anna
This book is the second in this set of four missions to collect special writings for Morgan's library in Camelot. The poem they are using includes the line "something to send" and that is what Jack and Annie must find during the Revolutionary War.

Being in Pennsylvania, of course they are sent to Valley Forge at Christmas of 1776 when Washington and his troops are preparing to cross the Delaware. The children meet an officer who is from their own hometown, Frog Creek, PA, and he gives them a lett
Megan Sanchez
How have I never read books from this series before? I was never given them to read growing up (I think they were published a little late for me) and I don't have children. But now that I have found them, I want to devour every single one.

The basic idea is that Jack and Annie have this magic tree house that will take them anywhere and anytime they want to go. Apparently, these aren't just one-off adventures either, as there are mysteries give to them by Morgan le Fay to solve over three or four
RLL52013_Kaitlin Larson
Magic Tree House stories are not only great fantasy early reader novels, but they can also fall into the category of historical fiction as well. This story focuses about going back in time to the middle of the Revolutionary War where Jack and Annie are sent of an adventure of course. Even though this is a cross over of fantasy and historical fiction I still think it is a useful story to highlight different points in our historical past, especially for young readers when history can be a dry subj ...more
Sarah Sammis
There are so many retellings of key moments in the American revolutionary war that the battlefield must have been littered with ancestors of celebrities and time travelers. There doesn't seem to be much room left for the people who were actually there. Add to the list now Jack and Annie as they visit in Revolutionary War on Wednesday.

Sean and I both were disappointed by the book. I get that it's fun to hook up the main characters with famous people. In this case it's General George Washington. U
Arisnely Molina
Favorite character:
Jack
one adjective to describe this character:
Responsible
Evidence:
"We made a mistake" Jack said "We--we didn't mean to come."#48
Favorite line:
"American patriots fight for independence from Britain"#13
This is my favorite line because that is what I'm still learning at school and maybe this is helping me a little bit with this topic at school.
I recommend this book to my classmate this book may help them a little bit understand more about this theme.
Jori
Purchased this because I enjoyed Dragon of the Red Dawn Magic Tree house #37. I am tutoring over revolutionary war so I thought this book would be a nice little story to read to learn about it. Not big on many facts, however, will probably still use it to see if he's actively reading either way.

This is good for kids maybe in the sense that they'll become interested in George Washington. In any case at least they did not visit him while he was chopping down a cherry tree.
Jess
Feb 01, 2009 Jess rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 2-3 graders, chapter book readers
Recommended to Jess by: Revolutionary War Booktalk
Jack and Annie travel back to colonial times where they run into George Washington about to cross the Delaware to go to battle.

This is one of the better series for kids new to chapter books. Osborne sets a perfect pacing and excitement level for her age group and does a good job of bringing in vocabulary (slosh is the word that sticks out in my mind) and history. Yes, it's a little cheerful and simple but also fitting for the age group. Plus she quoted Thomas Paine. When was the last time you re
Amanda
I chose to read this book because I loved these books when I was little. The book is about two children named Jack and Annie who use books to travel through time to solve mysteries. This particular book lands Jack and Annie in a boat crossing the Delaware with General George Washington. This book is great for classroom use because it is historical fiction, perking student’s interest while also teaching them a little bit about history. This book also has certain vocabulary words written in italic ...more
Maidalys
favorite character: Annie
one adjective to describe this character: risky
evidence: " but annie took off again. she crouched behind a rock. she wasonly about ten feet from the campfire." (#17)
favorite line: jack saw the figure of a small girl . she was sitting in the back of the biggest boat. (#38-39) this is my favorite line because annie always want to do thing that dont have to do.
Arlo Powell
This book is a great way to give students an insight into the revolutionary war. It is an easy read which makes it an excellent book for developing readers. I would use this book for a revolutionary war unit (obviously) to give my students a more personal and first-hand look at the main players in the revolution (especially Washington).
Jerome
Another interesting and wildly improbable Tree House tale. Jack and Annie end up in Pennsylvania as George Washington prepares to cross the Delaware for the attack on Trenton. An interesting and informative story that presents a basic overview of the war, even if Jack and Annie’s “advice” to Washington is a bit much.
Moe
-RANDOM HOUSE,MAGIC TREE HOUSE,level 2.2
-Time:11/14=45minutes, 11/15=25minutes
-7words summary:United States-revolution-war-christmas-snow-letter-peaceful
-Discussion questions:
1. In this story,main charactors were passed a letter. How do you always send your message to people? I mean, do you send your messages by using e-mails or sending letters or anything else?
-I usually use e-mails and LINE to send my messages. LINE is like a chatting room with some friends. However I send a letter on special
Coralie
I love the Magic Tree House books! This is the second book in the set for this particular mission, which happens to be my favorite of the missions. Jack and Annie go back to the Revolutionary War and help George Washington keep history on track.

Re-read: 7/18/15
Liz
My 6-year old and I have read all of the MTH books up until this point, and this one is by far the best. I haven't bothered to rate them all because they're all pretty much the same 4-ish star quality - this is the exception. I actually found myself learning more about Revolutionary War history in this book than I remember learning in school - ha! And the best part is that I grew up in Philadelphia, so during the part when General Washington is leading his men in a secret mission across the Dela ...more
Mrs. Kris's Class
Dear Readers,
I'm Rebecca,
and in my belief, Revoloutionary War on Wednesday
________________________________

is about a girl named Annie who would rather go on adventures then sleep until 12:00 in the afternoon.
Not like my family, I dp the most adventurous things in my family, or atleast wants to. My mom gets worried.
Annie's older brother Jack, is also a maine character.
He'd rather sleep til' 12:00 in the afternoon.
Jack and Annie go inside there magic tree house, and find a letter from Morgan. The
Suzanne
My son and I read this entire book in one sitting tonight and he immediately asked if we can go back to the library soon to get more Magic Tree house books. Any book that gets a reaction like that from a young reader is aces in my opinion.
Laura Scheller
Nathaniel
It was about Jack and Annie trying to get a message and they got the message for a family in Frog Creek. They live in Frog Creek, but since they went back in time, they went through the trails.
Mary Borgese
Mary Pope Osborne's Magic Tree House books are brilliant! There is so much to learn from each short novel. Revolutionary War on Wednesday is a simplified history lesson about the revolutionary war that children will enjoy as they follow the adventures of Annie and Jack. In the novel, Annie and Jack experience situations that reflect events that might have occurred during the war or back then. The detail that is added into the characters adventure makes the story seem so real! Children hate to le ...more
luhvBOOKS
Title: Revolutionary War on Wednesday

Author: Mary Pope Osborne

Series: Magic tree House #22

Rating:

Summary: It is a dark and snowy night when the Magic Tree House whisks Jack and Annie back to colonial times. General George Washington is about to lead his army in a sneak attack against their enemy. But now a terrible weather is making the great general question his plans. Can Jack and Annie keep history on track? The fate of the country rests in their hands!

Review: Fighting for freedom and relivi
James Biser
This book was a great read with my children. It was full of true history and was such an interesting tale that my kids loved learning about Washington crossing the Delaware.
Saudiah
I think that this book is really interesting and it has lots of detail. I like this book because it shows how much a person can have so much courage to help another person out.
Sharon
In REVOLUTIONARY WAR ON WEDNESDAY (Magic Tree House #22), Jack and Annie are catapulted back to the period of the Revolutionary War; they have been instructed by Morgan le Fay to find a special kind of writing described as "something to send". They find themselves among the American war patriots who are crossing the Delaware on a frigid Christmas night with their Commander-in-Chief, George Washington; however, the patriots are cold, ragged, discouraged and are losing the war. Will Jack and Annie ...more
Cynthia
I liked it! A real cute way for children to learn history! I bet it's a popular little series! Maybe not so 'little'...looks like there are quite a few books in the series!
Patricia
Seth
Jack and Annie go to the time of the Revolutionary War. Jack and Annie meet George Washington! Someone that George Washington knows lives in frog Creek.
Alim
its war on geroge washinton try ing to make jack and annie be with him to kill the brits (i have read ater seres on the maigc treehouse)
  • Mummies and Pyramids (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #3)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight On The Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)