Holiday Princess: A Princess Diaries Book

Holiday Princess: A Princess Diaries Book (The Princess Diaries)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  3,218 ratings  ·  49 reviews
A princess always knows how to celebrate the holidays. There's Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, Chinese New Year, Saturnalia . . .to name just a few.

Then there's gift giving, the royal Genovian Fabergé advent calendar, hot chocolate with marshmallows -- oh, and all those fabulous holiday movies. How will YOU celebrate this holiday season? Mia and her subjects have a few ideas.
Published October 25th 2005 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2005)

Shadowland by Meg CabotTwilight by Meg CabotThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotAvalon High by Meg CabotAll-American Girl by Meg Cabot
Best Meg Cabot Books
49th out of 64 books — 682 voters
Let It Snow by John GreenNorth Pole High by Candace Jane KringleDash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel CohnEx-mas by Kate BrianHoliday Princess by Meg Cabot
YA Christmas Reads (WINTER STYLE!!!)
5th out of 35 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

La Toya
This book was actually really, really awesome. It's sort of like a report on holidays and customs with commentary from Mia interspersed between all the characters we know an love from the series. I've only read books 1-3 && 8 and plan to read the last 3 soon, so there is maybe a character or two there that I'm not too familiar with.

I loved reading each character's "voice" as they lent their expertise on various Winter Holidays. My favorite part of the book was when they went into the dif...more
Ashlyn Hildebrand
Meg Cabot wrote the book in small chapters that were very informational. Each chapter was focused on a country or state and how they celebrate Christmas or New Years. I think the way the book was written made it easy to understand and remember the different cultures. I especially can recall how people in Belgium have two Christmas visitors, St. Nicholas, on December 6th, and Santa Claus, on December 25th. They also have 'cougnou' made in the shape of baby Jesus for breakfast on Christmas. Meg Ca...more
Nica
With me i really enjoy this book. It is good for person who don't like to read, and just start reading. The first book you take have to make you feel able to read it. And i finished it. It use almost familiar words , so you don't have to worry about dictionary.
About a book, it is really good for people who want to learn about different culture, it show you how people on the world celebrate Christmas. It have 12 animals match with each year on Chinese's calendar. If you curious about your old, y...more
Julie
Jul 30, 2009 Julie rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: people who want to learn about holiday customs around the world
Recommended to Julie by: read the other Princess Diaries books
This book is basically a rundown of holiday (Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa etc., anyway) traditions from around the world, loosely veiled in a coating of The Princess Diaries.

It's an interesting book, but definitely not required reading for the series. Each chapter is written by various characters from the books, which is marginally entertaining, but really it's more just a book on holidays of the world.
Trish
Found this book in a used book store for a dollar and wasn't sure that I'd ever read it. Since I'd read the rest of the Princess Diaries book and saw that Grandma was included (the best character, natch), I thought it was worth a buck. To be fair, it wasn't worth much more than that, but it was quick reading, (probably not even an hour), and very, very light.
Meagan
Yeah, I'm reading a Princess Diaries book..But I found it in the Adult section, so I feel I can TOTALLY get away with reading it.

This was actually good. I was surprised. It's just about Christmas celebrations around the world and stuff, but I liked it. (Maybe I just really like Christmas). But I now would like to read some of the other Princess Diaries books.
Amanda
Princess Mia!

I loooooove Meg Cabot for writing this Princess's stuff. I mean, it made me feel like I could be a princess. Very fun to read and there are lots of information. Because the topics are holiday, this book describe everything about holiday in Genovia and in every country in this world.

It's just a lot of fun!
Heather
May 13, 2011 Heather rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: teens
A collection of Holiday Traditions from around the world. I'd expected a story, but instead I found an entertaining review of multicultural traditions (which I love). I think that if I'd know that before hand, I would have enjoyed this book more, however, it was still a good read.
Anne
About what I expected, but it reminded me why I enjoyed the series. Perfect short book to fit in during the holiday.
Veronica Widya
It just an additional from Princess Diaries series, but its quite entertaining.
The book is small and it just tell about Mia's holiday with the gift and everything. Not much story here but i think its quite interesting if there are many oocasion books like this. :P
Manoja K.
Like Princess Lessons, this one is also very stupid. Does anyone really care what are appropriate gifts for a princess. I took away from the story and the entire time all I could think was that this was Meg's way of milking the series. It really pissed me off!
Alicia
It was ok. Reminded me of when we did Christmas Around the World in elementary school.
Paige [eastIndies.]
Charming, fast-paced, witty, and hilarious. I've never read writing that flows as well as Cabot's, especially in a diary-formatted novel. Cabot creates such wonderful and distinct characters with strong voices who are unforgettable.
J Cahyady Chi Tournier
well, this book give us more information bout almost every celebration in whole world..
thie book let us know how saying happy new year in almost every language
foe example:in holand we say gelukkig nieuwjaar..
how intersting, huh?
Anna
Ok, I struggled through it in about 2 months on & off. I enjoyed the story part at the end, but found the descriptions of Christmas celebrations around the world to be a bit dull.

Finished it while in bed, getting over flu.
Fitria Mayrani
Novel Mag Cabot yang pertama kali saya baca. Isinya tentang bagaimana merayakan suatu hari raya. Sejujurnya saya terkesan dengan ceritanya. Ada banyak pengetahuan disitu yang baru saya tahu setelah baca novel ini.
Nicole
Nov 26, 2007 Nicole rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: ya
I like all of the Princess Diaries books--Meg Cabot is great.
This was just a liitle "informational" book--about the holidays such as: gift giving, holiday movies, and princess duty of course:)
Astri
Baca ini jadi tahu liburan di seluruh dunia seperti apa.... buku ini bagian dari serial princess diaries tapi tidak bersambung ceritanya dengan novelnya....
Cute ilustrasinyanaku suka ^^
Ja Bautista
Its a light read and very amusing with its collection of Christmas traditions around the world. But the next time, I hope to see Filipino spelled as "Filipino", not "Philippino".
Susan
It was pretty interesting until it started to get really repetitive when Mia gave information about every country's cultural winter holiday.
Jodie
Another part of the Princess Diaries series that includes fun girly illustrations and I really liked. It was a cute addition to Meg Cabot's series.
Mahathi
very boring. its holiday etiquette book about how to act during holidays(christmas,kwanzaa etc.) if u want something like this than read it.
Camille
I didn't like it that much. It was just a guide to somethin' a rather. I didn't think that it was that interesting.
Arianna
This book just talks about how different cultures and different places celebrate the holidays/
Jackie
Cute and informative!! What a great book to learn about different holidays and traditions.
Alexa
Interesting, informative and funny! Just like all the Princess Diaries books!
Taylor
A cute way to incorporate holiday knowledge with the princess diaries.
Danyka
Only watched the movie but I want to buy and maybe read the book :)
Janell
Not what I was looking for at all.
NF about Christmas.
Maria
I hate this book because it doesn't hook the reader
  • Royally Jacked (Royally Jacked, #1)
  • Resep Cherry
  • Dueling Princes (Calypso Chronicles, #3)
  • Taylor Swift - Speak Now
  • Sixteen: Stories About That Sweet and Bitter Birthday
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Vengeance (Private, #14)
  • Beautiful Stranger (A-List, #9)
  • Justin Bieber: My World 2.0: Easy Piano
  • Anna and the Duke (The MacLaughlins, #1)
  • Mistletoe: Four Holiday Stories
  • Jurnal Jo (Jurnal Jo, #1)
  • Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)
  • Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #9)
  • My Perfect Life (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, #2)
  • Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul IV: Stories of Life, Love and Learning

Meg Cabot was born on February 1, 1967, during the Chinese astrological year of the Fire Horse, a notoriously unlucky sign. Fortunately she grew up in Bloomington, Indiana, where few people were aware of the stigma of being a fire horse -- at least until Meg became a teenager, when she flun...more
More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)