Start by marking “Holiday Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10.1)” as Want to Read:
Holiday Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10.1)

Holiday Princess (The Princess Diaries #10.1)

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,236 Ratings  ·  64 Reviews

Published October 25th 2005 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Princess

Shadowland by Meg CabotTwilight by Meg CabotThe Princess Diaries by Meg CabotAvalon High by Meg CabotAll-American Girl by Meg Cabot
Best Meg Cabot Books
51st out of 64 books — 782 voters
Let It Snow by Maureen JohnsonDash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel CohnMy True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie PerkinsNorth Pole High by Candace Jane KringleEx-mas by Kate Brian
YA Christmas Reads (WINTER STYLE!!!)
8th out of 59 books — 130 voters

More lists with this book...

Cara
Not as good as the other little book about learning to be a princess, but it was definitely insightful, particularly the section about all the different customs and holidays that different countries celebrate on and around Christmas.
The list of Christmas movies was pretty awesome, some of my favorites while others (i.e. Scoorge) not so much.
The section by Kenny I thought was unnecessary though interesting. I would have had preferred to have the information spoken via Michael. Never have been a f
La Toya
Jan 23, 2012 La Toya rated it liked it
This book was actually really, really awesome. It's sort of like a report on holidays and customs with commentary from Mia interspersed between all the characters we know an love from the series. I've only read books 1-3 && 8 and plan to read the last 3 soon, so there is maybe a character or two there that I'm not too familiar with.

I loved reading each character's "voice" as they lent their expertise on various Winter Holidays. My favorite part of the book was when they went into the dif
Ashlyn Hildebrand
Dec 03, 2013 Ashlyn Hildebrand rated it really liked it
Meg Cabot wrote the book in small chapters that were very informational. Each chapter was focused on a country or state and how they celebrate Christmas or New Years. I think the way the book was written made it easy to understand and remember the different cultures. I especially can recall how people in Belgium have two Christmas visitors, St. Nicholas, on December 6th, and Santa Claus, on December 25th. They also have 'cougnou' made in the shape of baby Jesus for breakfast on Christmas. Meg Ca ...more
Katlyn
Oct 04, 2015 Katlyn rated it really liked it
Very cute and informative little book! I loved the little tidbits about all of the different holiday traditions. I did find myself zoning out a bit because holidays aren't really my thing though. Mia's commentary really added to the book. I intend to look into Saturnalia more because it seems quite interesting. One more novella until Royal Wedding! (Oh, and book 10 because I am listening to it again despite having read it less than a month ago. It is so CUTE!)
Caitlin
Jan 06, 2016 Caitlin rated it it was ok
A silly little book of essays and facts that's cute enough, but does nothing to further the characters in Cabot's series.

I do give her props for the shoutout to the awesomeness of the 1970's Scrooge movie musical. And for acknowledging how downright sexy Jimmy Stewart is in "It's a Wonderful Life."

Beyond that, the book becomes an amusing little time capsule with how dated many of the pop culture references and celeb name drops already seem.
Angie
Jul 11, 2016 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Synopsis: "A princess always knows how to celebrate the holidays. There's Christmas, Hanukkah, Yule, Chinese New Year, Saturnalia . . .to name just a few.

Then there's gift giving, the royal Genovian Fabergé advent calendar, hot chocolate with marshmallows -- oh, and all those fabulous holiday movies. How will YOU celebrate this holiday season? Mia and her subjects have a few ideas."

My Review: This was interesting but completely pointless book in the series. It was interesting to read about vario
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
With this, I have finally finished reading all the between the novels books for the Princess Diaries series. But it didn't fill that need for me to go back and read through the series. It helped a little, but I miss this series a lot. I loved Mia, Michael, Grandmere, and the whole gang (not Lilly, so much, TBH).

Cute book. And it really did have some fascinating information about Christmas and winter holidays throughout the world.
Caitlin Buchanan
Jun 26, 2015 Caitlin Buchanan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done, series
Gift giving is a time honored tradition to many people celebrating different holidays. Some are better at giving gifts then others because knowing people that you are either friends with, are your family members, and even your significant other because you know them so well. This book shows how well you should know those closest to you with love and being thankful that those are in your life.
Francisca Olivia
Feb 23, 2015 Francisca Olivia rated it really liked it
This book is really cute, funny, and has a lot of information about holidays. Other plus point is that some pages have DIYs like a blank gift list or the dragon cut-out. It's almost like a mini dictionary of international holidays! It could be better if there are more info and trivias.
Jennifer Madgiak
Dec 20, 2015 Jennifer Madgiak rated it really liked it
Informative, HILARIOUS narrative of "Christmases around the world" and traditions. Mentions "indiana christmas" which I about died reading because that's where I Live! If you're looking for a sarcastic, quick, Holiday read- this is it!
Nica
Sep 04, 2013 Nica rated it it was amazing
With me i really enjoy this book. It is good for person who don't like to read, and just start reading. The first book you take have to make you feel able to read it. And i finished it. It use almost familiar words , so you don't have to worry about dictionary.
About a book, it is really good for people who want to learn about different culture, it show you how people on the world celebrate Christmas. It have 12 animals match with each year on Chinese's calendar. If you curious about your old, y
Kami
Apr 26, 2016 Kami rated it liked it
- I think it is weird and funny that this is a YA Non-Fiction book. Who categorizes these?

- This wasn't as entertaining and informative as Princess Lessons.

- The illustrations are really fun! The characters illustrated remind me of Audrey Hepburn, and I love that!

- I liked the Christmas around the world chapter. It was fun to read how all the different countries celebrate Christmas and what they believe.

- This book really isn't 10.1. It belongs earlier in the series. It doesn't really add to th
Alexis Adams
May 27, 2014 Alexis Adams rated it liked it
This was an okay book. I was funny, but it would get a little boring at times.
Victoria
Jun 04, 2014 Victoria rated it it was amazing
Adorable and informative.
Xiuxiu Lin
Sep 16, 2014 Xiuxiu Lin rated it it was amazing
This was just a liitle "informational" book--about the holidays such as: gift giving, holiday movies, and princess duty of course.
Camden
Dec 16, 2014 Camden rated it liked it
2.5 stars rounded up.
Julie
Jul 30, 2009 Julie rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who want to learn about holiday customs around the world
Recommended to Julie by: read the other Princess Diaries books
This book is basically a rundown of holiday (Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa etc., anyway) traditions from around the world, loosely veiled in a coating of The Princess Diaries.

It's an interesting book, but definitely not required reading for the series. Each chapter is written by various characters from the books, which is marginally entertaining, but really it's more just a book on holidays of the world.
DeLani
Jun 22, 2015 DeLani rated it liked it
Shelves: own
2.5 stars.
Trish
Aug 04, 2013 Trish rated it liked it
Found this book in a used book store for a dollar and wasn't sure that I'd ever read it. Since I'd read the rest of the Princess Diaries book and saw that Grandma was included (the best character, natch), I thought it was worth a buck. To be fair, it wasn't worth much more than that, but it was quick reading, (probably not even an hour), and very, very light.
Meagan
Aug 13, 2007 Meagan rated it really liked it
Yeah, I'm reading a Princess Diaries book..But I found it in the Adult section, so I feel I can TOTALLY get away with reading it.

This was actually good. I was surprised. It's just about Christmas celebrations around the world and stuff, but I liked it. (Maybe I just really like Christmas). But I now would like to read some of the other Princess Diaries books.
Stephanie
Nov 29, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, chick-lit, christmas
Learning a little bit from what different people do to celebrate this time of year was really interesting and amusing. I especially enjoyed the short story Mia's Christmas at the end. It actually provided a good insight into Lilly and why she behaves the way she does -I suppose. I loved the bit with Grandmere and the tourists.
Amanda Sheila
Apr 17, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite, non-romance
Princess Mia!

I loooooove Meg Cabot for writing this Princess's stuff. I mean, it made me feel like I could be a princess. Very fun to read and there are lots of information. Because the topics are holiday, this book describe everything about holiday in Genovia and in every country in this world.

It's just a lot of fun!
Heather
May 13, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teens
A collection of Holiday Traditions from around the world. I'd expected a story, but instead I found an entertaining review of multicultural traditions (which I love). I think that if I'd know that before hand, I would have enjoyed this book more, however, it was still a good read.
Veronica Widya
Dec 15, 2010 Veronica Widya rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-lit
It just an additional from Princess Diaries series, but its quite entertaining.
The book is small and it just tell about Mia's holiday with the gift and everything. Not much story here but i think its quite interesting if there are many oocasion books like this. :P
Manoja K.
Like Princess Lessons, this one is also very stupid. Does anyone really care what are appropriate gifts for a princess. I took away from the story and the entire time all I could think was that this was Meg's way of milking the series. It really pissed me off!
Alicia
Jan 05, 2014 Alicia rated it it was ok
It was ok. Reminded me of when we did Christmas Around the World in elementary school.
Paige [eastIndies.]
Charming, fast-paced, witty, and hilarious. I've never read writing that flows as well as Cabot's, especially in a diary-formatted novel. Cabot creates such wonderful and distinct characters with strong voices who are unforgettable.
J Cahyady Chi Tournier
well, this book give us more information bout almost every celebration in whole world..
thie book let us know how saying happy new year in almost every language
foe example:in holand we say gelukkig nieuwjaar..
how intersting, huh?
Anna
Ok, I struggled through it in about 2 months on & off. I enjoyed the story part at the end, but found the descriptions of Christmas celebrations around the world to be a bit dull.

Finished it while in bed, getting over flu.
Amber M. Kestner
Oct 04, 2015 Amber M. Kestner rated it it was amazing
Princess Mia always goes all out even on Holidays and these books are amazing especially with how she handles every little chaos in her life. Mia is a set example for her books even with the crazy ends of the holidays.
  • Pink Princess Rules The School (Perfectly Princess)
  • Pink!
  • Haunted Schools
  • The Pink Palace
  • Resep Cherry
  • Miley Cyrus: Breakout
  • Shining On
  • Born to Be Somebody (from Never Say Never): Big Note Piano, Sheet
  • So Super Stylish (Octavia Clairbrook-Cleeve, #2)
  • Harry Styles Annual 2013
  • Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
  • Taylor Swift: Pro Vocal Women's Edition Volume 49
  • Royally Jacked (Royally Jacked, #1)
  • Achingly Alice (Alice, #10)
  • Harsh Pink: Color Me Burned (TrueColors, #12)
  • Petty in Pink (Poseur, #3)
  • Dua Belas Pendar Bintang
  • Shining On: 11 Star Authors' Illuminating Stories

More about Meg Cabot...

The Princess Diaries (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1)
  • Princess in the Spotlight (The Princess Diaries, #2)
  • Princess in Love (The Princess Diaries, #3)
  • Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries, #4)
  • Princess in Pink (The Princess Diaries, #5)
  • Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6)
  • Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7)
  • Princess on the Brink (The Princess Diaries, #8)
  • Princess Mia (The Princess Diaries, #9)
  • Forever Princess (The Princess Diaries, #10)