Start by marking “Lime Green: Margarita Mondays (Fruit Basket, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lime Green: Margarita Mondays (Fruit Basket, #2)

Lime Green: Margarita Mondays (Fruit Basket #2)

A simple noise complaint to Safe Haven Security ends in a broken door when Jeremy misinterprets something he hears coming from inside Troy Ballard’s home. It also starts the two men on a path of high resistance, as neither of them wants a ‘relationship,’ and especially not with each other. Their lives are too different.

Unfortunately, their hearts insist on wanting exactly
Published September 28th 2010 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Lime Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lime Green

Chris
Oct 02, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2010, owned, ebook
Very good m/m romance about an interior designer with trust issues who has friends over every Monday. After a noise complaint and confusion literally bring security guards crashing through his door one Monday night, he finds himself unwillingly attracted to one of the security guards. (And I hope that TC's going to write Riley's story very soon!)
Jenre
Oct 02, 2010 Jenre rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
Margarita Mondays is a sort of sequel to the very enjoyable Making Lemonade, but which can also be read as a stand-a-lone. In the case of this book, it's Evan's friend Troy who is the focus of the book.

After having his heart broken many years ago, Troy has vowed to avoid commitment and concentrate on having fun. He maybe 30, and he maybe getting a bit sick of one night stands, but it's better than having to go through all the pain of rejection again. During one of Troy's weekly Marguarita Monday
Lily
Oct 09, 2010 Lily rated it really liked it
This is a sequel of sorts to Lemon Yellow: Making Lemonade although it can be read as a stand-alone with no problems. It's a well written and entertaining story about an interior designer and the security guard who crashes his party thinking he's about to save someone. Troy and Jeremy don't appear to have a lot in common at first but as they slowly form a friendship their hearts become engaged. I really enjoy TC's writing style. Her stories are emotional, humorous, sexy and sweet and feature lik ...more
DaisyGirl
2.5 Stars

This one was alright. The story was sweet but a little sophomoric. The characters were likeable enough but nothing to write home about.

Bottom line: Sweet but forgettable.
Pickles
Short and cute. I liked Troy and Jeremy, and I loved Riley. Reading his book next! I want to see him get some happy. :)
Asynia
This book is very different form the first book in this series! While the previous book is dealing with heavy subject matters this book is much lighter and funnier. You do not have to read the first one to enjoy this one, but I recommend it, and you do meet Troy and, to a lesser degree, his circle of friends as supporting characters in the first book.

Troy is an interior designer who's been burned in love and hasn't found anyone that he truly trusts after that. He has a somewhat large circle of f
Armi
I was actually surprised at how much I liked this story. I judge books by their covers, and the one on this one is not the kind I go for. But the story itself was good: boy and boy meet, boy and boy are attracted to each other, boy and boy become a couple and fall in love.

There was a lot of humor which I always appreciate. The writing was easy if sometimes read a bit funny but I put it down to formatting/editing: sentences that should end with an ellipse ended in full stop, there was no spacing
Pamela Su
Sep 15, 2013 Pamela Su rated it it was ok
A promising premise marred by staccato dialogue and silly contrivances.

I liked the story for the most part. Then, at about midway through the book until the end, I was continuously pulled out of the story because Jeremy kept speaking in staccato form to Troy.

At first, it was okay. Kind of cute.

“...your hand. Is it? That cloth seems. You’re hurt, right?”

“I. Okay, Mr. I mean, Troy. And yeah, I can do that.”

Sometimes, Troy would do the same thing.

“It’s a party, after all. And since it’s my house, I
Phaney
Nov 27, 2014 Phaney rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
2014 Re-read:

Oh, yeah, this is great. The main couple is sweet and the romance deep, while it’s really the secondary characters who make this book shine. And Riley, oh god! I am so looking forward to rereading his story next.

Well, with all of the mind-blowingly offensive things Riley say, I probably should not be nitpicky about how he goes off about Jeremy being gay not bi, just because he is with a guy at the time. I wouldn’t care – Riley being Riley – but with Jeremy’s uncle and later even Jer
Brenda Maldonado
Nov 06, 2010 Brenda Maldonado rated it it was amazing
T.C. is very good at delivering an awesome tale that is satisfying yet leaves the reader clamoring for the next story. As soon as I finished Lemon Yellow: Making Lemonade (ok, maybe is more like "as soon as I finished drying my tears"), my first reaction was "Where's Troy's story?" Finally, here it is!

All I can say is get ready to laugh out loud, because this one has some absolutely awesome one liners. There is a good plot, plenty of romance, and hot sex packed into this story, but what makes i
Tam
Oct 07, 2010 Tam rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is a sequel of sorts to Lemon Yellow: Making Lemonade with Evan’s best friend Troy. Every Monday is Margarita Monday at Troy’s. One week there is a noise complaint and as the community security guards arrive they hear someone screaming so they burst in. Seems Troy’s ex broke the coffee table and got glass in his ass. Security guard Jeremy is instantly attracted but Troy doesn’t do relationships, not since the ex cheated on him ten years ago. However he’s desperately attracted and Jeremy is ...more
Wendy Ann
Sep 28, 2010 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
Shaz
Oct 05, 2013 Shaz rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
A sweet little read without a whole lot of substance is the way that I think this book can be described. Lucky for me it was just what I needed lol.

It's a fairly typical boy meets boy (or I suppose I should really say man meets man as they aren't truly boys anymore) under slightly unusual and slightly embarrassing circumstances. There's instant attraction (read lust...) but no acting on it for a few weeks at least. Also no insta love at all which is a great bonus as far as I'm concerned.

So over
Lois - Who Reads
The blurb had promise, but the writing is a little stilted and the characters don’t have any real depth. They are nice men looking for a partner (although they don’t really admit that), their meeting was very cute, and that is about it. There was some manufactured angst, but it was not realistic. The dialogue was hard to read at times with a lot of single word stuttered lines. It was a sort of cute read, but not one you would put on a favorite shelf to go back to on a rainy afternoon at home.
Kendra T
Dec 22, 2011 Kendra T rated it really liked it
I have to admit-I liked this book a lot more than I thought I would. The title and cover art screamed cheesy to me so I wasn't too thrilled about it. Frankly, I picked this for a challenge and just wanted to get it done. This book is proof to me that I should never judge a book by its cover! I loved the anxiety of Jeremy, the openness of Troy, and the humor of Riley. So glad I read this and I can't wait to go read the other 3 in the series now!
Brandilyn
Sep 27, 2013 Brandilyn rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, read-2013
Well... I got my cocktail on the cover. That is about the best thing I can say about this book. I often felt like something was left out of the story in places. The editing needed some work. The banter was sophomoric and annoying. Yeah overall I didn't like it at all. I mean really?? I might read the first one, only because I picked it up for Free in September during Torquere's anniversary giveaways...
Yvonne
Apr 17, 2011 Yvonne rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Ever know someone who spend a lot of time talking and manage to never complete a single sentence. You listen to them breathlessly waiting for coherence, anything & all you get is ... This is that book.

Lots of stuttering, stops & starts, ramblings. Yes, it's true some people do talk this way. But in this case, I could do with a little less realism. Very choppy writing & not for me. I have another T.C. Blue book I bought that hopefully I'll like better.
Shanna
Jan 15, 2011 Shanna rated it liked it
This is a light quick read about two guys who feel an instant connection to each other but then both make assumptions about what the other person does or does not want in a relationship. Both Troy and Jeremy are great guys but sometimes you just want to hit them up side the head. Of course they finally end up on the same page but the path to their happily ever after is full of missteps and misunderstandings. Plus I loved getting to see Troy meeting his match. :)
Kukko
Main Characters: Troy Ballard & Jeremy Nelson
Key Themes: Humor, Family Drama
Location: Hartford, CT

This story did not work for me. I am ashamed to say that skimmed through most of it. I tried, I really did!

The MCs kept second-guessing their actions and over-analyzing each other, since I did not care for either MC, it all became tedious very quickly.
Jane A
Dec 20, 2013 Jane A rated it liked it
I didn't really like this story. It was ok, but not my piece of cake. I guess I just couldn't like the characters. I got the feeling that it was supposed to be humorous, but I couldn't find it funny. But I guess it's just me because I have a hard time liking comedies =)
Blackravens Reviews
May 17, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
Lime Green: Margarita Mondays by TC Blue is a sexy read that tickles the reader’s funny bone as Troy Ballard from Lemon Yellow: Making Lemonade finds a most unexpected and unwelcome attraction to Jeremy Nelson. To view the rest of this review, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Maggie
Mar 28, 2014 Maggie rated it liked it
Rating 3.5
Mara Ismine
Oct 20, 2010 Mara Ismine rated it it was amazing
Troy and Jeremy are a fun couple and I enjoyed their get together. Not sure whether to anticipate or dread Riley's story as his mouth is bound to get him into big trouble!
Indigo
Mar 19, 2011 Indigo rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, serie
3.5*
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

Dang, where are those half stars when you need them. This is definitely more than a 3 for me but not quite a 4.
Meggie
May 13, 2011 Meggie rated it really liked it
The story was pretty comical and enjoyable in every possible way. The characters were truthful to themselves and totally great. In general great and enjoyable story!
Amy C.
Oct 31, 2013 Amy C. rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-published
Not my favorite but it was okay. It's a nice quick read but not that memorable. I liked the ending, I thought that was sweet, but everything else was kinda 'meh' for me.
Tracy's Place
Oct 23, 2010 Tracy's Place rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5
Tj
Sep 28, 2010 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
Sweet story of two guys with trust issues stumbling their way into a "real" relationship. Cute and not over involved.
Jbos
Jbos rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • A Lie I Can Live With (The Match Before Christmas #3)
  • Mr. Plum
  • Miracle of the Bellskis (Bellskis, #2)
  • Making His List
  • Becoming Us
  • Tortoise Interruptus
  • Go Fish
  • Winter Warmers
  • 72 Hours
  • Lost Treasure
  • The Christmas Wager
  • A Change of Scenery (Change, #2)
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O'Shaughnessys #2)
  • Countdown to Daddies
  • Knight of Pleasure (Smuggler's Cove, #1)
  • Cherry Pie (Mercury Rising, #1)
  • The Sound of Your Voice
  • Left of Centre

Fruit Basket (6 books)
  • Lemon Yellow: Making Lemonade (Fruit Basket, #1)
  • Mandarin Orange: Sweet and Sour (Fruit Basket, #3)
  • Guava Red: Almost Paradise (Fruit Basket, #4)
  • Berry Blue: Lessons Learned (Fruit Basket, #5)
  • Concord Grape: Unexpected (Fruit Basket, #6)