Start by marking “Proroctwo Sądnego Dnia (Ben Hope, #3)” as Want to Read:
Proroctwo Sądnego Dnia (Ben Hope, #3)

Proroctwo Sądnego Dnia (Ben Hope #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  1,562 ratings  ·  96 reviews
· szybka akcja tej wysokooktanowej powieści, jak zawsze z Benem Hope'em w roli głównej, zachwyci miłośników twórczości Dana Browna i wielbicieli Jasona Bourne'a.
· trzecia po "Tajemnicy alchemika" i "Spisku Mozarta" książka Scotta Marianiego

Ben Hope, były komandos SAS, służb specjalnych Jej Królewskiej Mości, rezygnuje z pracy polegającej na poszukiwaniu porwanych osób i po
Published August 18th 2010 by Muza S.A. (first published January 12th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Proroctwo Sądnego Dnia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Proroctwo Sądnego Dnia

Leonardo Navarro
Tuve que continuar con la saga porque de verdad me gusta. Y me sigue gustando. Pienso que éste fue el más ambicioso de los que he leído, aunque no me atrapó tanto como los dos anteriores. En este, Ben Hope se trata de retirar de su «ajetreada vida», pero algo surge y tiene que volver a la marcha andante de su desastrosa profesión.

Me he fijado que la experiencia con el armamento de Scott Mariani siempre está presente en todas sus novelas. Y en esta más. Es interesante la descripción cuando quepa
Danielle Smith
Although I love Scott Mariani's work, I have read some Ben Hope books out of order and I'm not sure if that was my problem here. There is no doubt that the author and character of Hope evolve with the progression of the series, but this one was a little lackluster in terms of the over-arching story. I like Mariani's books because they are rooted in something real but mysterious and secretive, the history element provides a foundation for the story to build on, and even though facts may be embell ...more
Julia
This is the third in the "Ben Hope" series. I have not read the previous books. There's a major giveaway about what happened at the end of (presumably) the previous book, but otherwise this works perfectly well as a standalone thriller. Ben is an ex-SAS hero who has enrolled as a theology student but gets recruited to look for a friend's missing daughter. The daughter is a reputed archeologist who has disappeared from a party in Greece. The hunt will lead Ben from Greece to Georgia to Montana. T ...more
J
BEWARE of spoilers. One man's bookflap summary is another man's spoiler.

There's something here for readers of both gender stereotypes: high body count and lead-per-minute for the guys; a handsome/accomplished/sensitive hero in Ben Hope, who is unattainable for the women who swoon over him -- not because he's gay or sexually dysfunctional, but because he's apparently devoted to some idealistic higher end, plus is still pining for a dead fiancee (or wife - I can't recall which).

Anyway, I thought t
Sue Seaman
love this authot
Stephen
This book is more about people trying to make Biblical prophecy come true and how Hope gets entangled trying to stop the bad guys from manufacturing an incident in Jerusalem. It addresses some very real concerns in America today. Today many evangelical christians send support to Israel in the hopes of facilitating end times prophecy. They don't actually believe in Israel as a nation, but they believe it needs to be there in order for the Bible prophecies to come true.

Hope becomes embroiled in a
Melissa
It has been a while since I read the Mozart Conspiracy, so I was a little fuzzy on some of the background details. An exciting non-stop action story, but a bit too much gore, killing, and blood for me.

"Still reeling from a devastating personal loss, ex-SAS operative and hero for hire Ben Hope has decided to put down his gun for good and return to the theology studies he had abandoned years ago. When his professor and friend asks him to help find his missing daughter, archaeologist Zoë Bradbury,
Juliet
As the third in the Ben Hope series, we’re expecting much more from the Doomsday Prophecy – we kind of know what Hope is capable of and we know just how far reaching conspiracies can be. We want the thrills and spills, we want to wonder whether these things might actually be happening out there, and we want a little bit more besides. It’s an addiction of sorts, the preferred fix for armchair adrenaline junkies.

The Doomsday Prophecy keeps us waiting a little longer for the action and the real int
Trying to do this without giving anything away...This is the third in the Ben Hope series and the third I’ve read in less than two weeks. I’m enjoying the series – it’s your usual run of the mill Dan Brown/Steve Berry/ Matt Rollins etc but I like those books and more of the same is good enough for me. They are easy reads with lots of chapters keeping you on the edge of your seat. I actually really like the character of Ben – he is one of my favourites from this genre - probably second to Robert ...more
Chris
So what appears as the second in the Ben Hope series in the US (The Mozart Conspiracy being the first), is actually the 3rd in the whole series in the UK. Of course from Mariani each book is somewhat stand alone, but I do like to start at the beginning of series.

This book picks up after the events of the previous, Ben in despair and deciding to go back to school as a theology student. Of course his old past catches up to him and he defers a job to a friend. This seemingly small and quick job tur
Brenda Burnett
liked the book. Benedict Hope is a tortured hero, the kind I like. I find the idea of "End Timers" hard to comprehend, though I know there is hard core of believers in the States. I don't think in Canada that we are so ?- don't even know the word I am looking for. Polarized, radical, hopeful, gullible, evangelical... I read another book, don't remember the title, by R. Khoury, I think, about how these believers/ political force are "used" to advance unscrupulous politicians.
The Crime Scene Scene
Ben Hope returns in The Doomsday Prophecy, the third novel in the Ben Hope series by Scott Mariani. Ben is busy trying to recuperate from the personal tragedy he suffered at the end of the second novel and has thrown himself into his theological studies. He has given up his career and thinking of going back to the priesthood.

When a young archaeologist disappears while working on a dig Ben Hope is asked by her parents, who happens to be his theology teacher, to investigate and bring her home. Ins
Dolly Sapra
I have read my fair share of similar novels, so I can say I am not impressed. The story and concept are nice but it fails in so many other sub-plots. There is too much killing, too many stereotypes lurking around and too many predictable events. The romantic angle just falls flat imho!
I would still like to add that this is a fast paced book and nothing seems still for long. So if you enjoy fast paced thrillers, you might like this one too!
Carys
Well this was the very first book that i decided to read on the amazon kindle. I like the kindle and i find reading off of it very convenient and useful but don't get me wrong i still like reading from an actual book and i am sure that most of you might agree.
Anyway this book is the third from the Ben Hope series and to be completely honest i don't think it is the best one so far, others might disagree but i feel that it became interesting from the middle onward. the story line was good and i r
Schrodingers Woofer
Tom Tischler
Ben Hope decides that he is done with the SAS and returns to
England to continue his Theology studies. A phone call from
an old college professor changes his fate. He begs him to
find his wayward archaeologist daughter Zoe Bradbury. He finds
that Zoe has uncovered some ancient biblical secret and will
stop at nothing to protect it. His quest leads him from the
Greek Islands to the American Deep South and Jerusalem. He
realizes that not just Zoe and his life are in danger but
millions of others. Th
Eddie Dalton
Good action thriller with ex SAS Ben Hope trying to rescue kidnapped girl mixed up in Doomsday/ End of Days Christian conspiracies with the CIA on his tail! Bit far fetched- but worth reading with some interesting biblical information for good measure!
Rox
I love Ben Hope and while I'm still disappointed with how Mariani ended "Mozart's Conspiracy", I still decided to read this hoping that it will a good one for Ben. Plot-wise and conflict, it is very engaging and Ben Hope have proven that it's really best if he works alone. He can accomplish a lot of things just by doing it himself.
However, I'm again saddened with how this ended. Not because it was a tragic ending, but because I felt like Mariani just toyed with us by using such a catchy title "
Kathy Wainwright
This is the usual fast paces stuff I have come to expect from Scott Marianni, the protagonist Ben Hope is brilliant at holding off the villains, well killing them mainly. This one has the title suggests is the end of days scenario, Armageddon etc.
David Collins
This is the best Ben Hope book so far I have read and they were all great. This one concerns a friend of Bens' whose daughter had gone missing in Corfu. As Ben was going back to study Theology he asked a friend to go to Corfu to investigate. This friend's investigations worried him and asked Ben for help. Ben joined him but they got caught up in a bomb blast. Ben's investigation took him to America and the Christian movements involving the interpretation of The Book Of Revelations and the "end o ...more
Claire
Enough people have outlined the plot of this to save me doing that. All I would say is if you like a action adventure thrillers then it is a good one and a great book to read on a long journey - just dont miss your stop as I did!
Marty Mayer
WOW! I have found a new author to follow! Mariani's writing is crisp and real yet provocative. I will definitely be reading his other Ben Hope novels. Puller and Reacher have a rival!
Jelan
This book definitely falls in the guilty pleasure category. It's a real page turner, but pretty thin on intellectual content. The cover draws parallels with Dan Brown, but from my perspective, that's pretty tenuous. There is a religious theme at the heart of this novel, but it lacks the mystery / puzzle that Dan Brown provides. I'd say the parallel to Clive Cussler is stronger. The villains in this book are really, really, really bad. The hero is a superhero / tormented solo who defies death mul ...more
Nate Rawdon
This is the first and only Ben Hope novel I have read, as I was not aware that it was part of a series upon purchasing it. Despite this, you could easily get away with not knowing it belongs to a series throughout the entire read, this is mostly down to how the author has introduced the characters in a way to allow new readers to catch on, without allowing past readers to become bored. The plot itself is quite complex, though it is written in a simple way that is easily understood. The story-lin ...more
Peter Wilson
Outstanding, once again best one yet, but i am only up to book three something tells me that four and five will be even better.
Toria
Terribly written. Paper thin characters. A poor man's Dan Brown, and that really isn't saying much.
Vanessa
Another good Ben hope thriller. Have really enjoyed this series will read more
Mary
I really liked this Ben Hope adventure. It took a little while to really get rolling but once it took off there was no stopping it. My only real complaint is that I had a hard time seeing Ben studying theology and planning to become a vicar especially given his past and then the events of the book. It just didn't seem to be the real Ben Hope. Of course, I read the books out of order so maybe it's more believable when viewed in the context the author intended. Bottom line, lots of adventure, a fe ...more
Alannah Foley
I haven't yet read one of Scott's books that I haven't enjoyed. If you like adventure/thriller-type books with a pace that keeps moving, then I definitely recommend you try one & see if the shoe fits.

The series is based on the main character, Ben Hope, who starts off as a rather confused ex-military type and goes on to set up a security company. All of which gives plenty of opportunity for things to go wrong!

It's not necessary to read the books in order, but it's worth doing so, as Ben Hope'
Mike
Good read, but a little drawn out in places for no reason.
  • The Cross (Vampire Federation, #2)
  • The Death Relic (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #7)
  • The Geneva Deception (Tom Kirk, #4)
  • The Templar's Code (Caedmon Aisquith, #2)
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • The Sacred Vault (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #6)
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • No Survivors (Samuel Carver, #2)
  • The Messiah Secret (Chris Bronson, #3)
  • The Blood King Conspiracy (Matt Drake, #2)
  • The Chosen One

Ben Hope (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope #1)
  • The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope #2)
  • The Heretic's Treasure (Ben Hope #4)
  • The Shadow Project (Ben Hope, #5)
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Sacred Sword (Ben Hope, #7)
  • The Armada Legacy (Ben Hope, #8)
  • The Nemesis Program (Ben Hope, #9)
  • The Forgotten Holocaust (Ben Hope, #10)
  • The Martyr's Curse (Ben Hope, Book 11)
The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope #1) The Mozart Conspiracy (Ben Hope #2) The Shadow Project (Ben Hope, #5) The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6) The Heretic's Treasure (Ben Hope #4)