Start by marking “Something Wicked (Living in Eden, #2)” as Want to Read:
Something Wicked (Living in Eden, #2)

Something Wicked (Living in Eden #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1,043 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
View our feature on Michelle Rowen's "Something Wicked." Living in Eden isn't exactly heaven on earth...
Darrak, the demon inside of Eden Riley, is able to take physical shape during the day. And Eden wouldn't mind getting her hands on him-if it wasn't a threat to her immortal soul. But while trying to rid themselves of the curse that binds them, they could get the distan
Published October 1st 2010 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Something Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something Wicked

Catherine
Review originally posted at Fiction Vixen.

I was so nervous to read this book! Things were settled to a point in the last book, The Demon in Me, but a lot of larger issues were still up in the air. Darrak and Eden still needed to find a way to separate without hurting either one of them, and they needed to find a way to break Darrak’s curse if they had any hope of ever trying to have a relationship.

I wanted to watch it all unfold, but I was worried that the author would drop the ball and I would
Raiveran Rabbit
Huh huh. The blurb actually makes this sound like a reasonable premise, which is a credit to the craftsmanship of the wording, since it would be a challenge to tone this description down into something readable. Here's my blurb:

"A chick with minor psychic powers sucks up a bodiless demon who can talk to her mentally at night and can become corporeal during the day. Phasing in or out of her is orgasmic, and she shares a flaming-hot sexual attraction to this unholy supernatural inside her. How coo
Lainey
Jun 19, 2015 Lainey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in Rowen's Living in Eden Trilogy. I read the first one a month ago and really enjoyed reading that one, so I was definitely excited to pick the second book in the series up. Once again, I devoured this book in two days and definitely cannot wait to read the conclusion. It's a 4/5 for me because while I enjoy the story, some of the dialogue makes me chuckle in a cheesy sense and this book takes place over a matter of three days and while I like the development of relation ...more
mlady_rebecca
Interesting sequel (or rather second book in a series). It didn't continue directly from what happened in the first book. By that, I mean the dynamics between the lead couple are "shook up" with this book.

Backing up. Eden was possessed by a demon named Darrak after she witnessed the death of his previous host, a serial killer. Because she's "a little bit psychic", she is one of the few hosts that can hear Darrak, and during the daytime, he can manifest a physical form, as long as they stay in c
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Something Wicked is the second book in Michelle Rowen’s Living In Eden series. In the first novel, The Demon In Me, Eden Riley is possessed by a demon named Darrak after witnessing the murder of his former “host”, he has nowhere to go but into Eden. Turns out Eden isn’t just a normal human, she’s part black witch and because of that during the daytime hours Darrak can take his human form.

At night Darrak is the demon in Eden, she can hear him & sometimes he can control her. That said, things
Starry
Jan 28, 2012 Starry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy Jacobs
Jun 18, 2010 Amy Jacobs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Something Wicked is the second book in A Living In Eden series by author Michelle Rowen. In the first book, we read about Darrak possessing Eden's body and learning about the witch's curse that he has. We learned that he is a Demon who is slowly killing Eden by sucking away her life energy whether he wants to or not. Darrak has been possessing people for over 300 years and within that time, he has slowly begun to acquire some humanity.

While trying to find a powerful wizard to break the curse, Ed
Sofia Grey
Feb 21, 2012 Sofia Grey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part 2 of the Living In Eden series and it’s every bit as good as the first, if not better. Eden has had a little time to get used to her resident demon, Darrak, but he continues to surprise and irritate her on an almost daily basis. Still intent on finding a method to break the curse (that binds him to her body), he ‘borrows’ her body while she’s asleep to go and meet an old friend, Theo, another Archdemon. Theo is everything Darrak used to be: emotion-free, evil, dangerous and without any mora ...more
valee
Jul 19, 2011 valee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really just don't know how to rate this series. I do love it and I definitely can't stop reading it but there's just something that's holding me back from considering it an astonishing series. Although I'll definitely say it's like a drug to me because once I start a book on it I just can't stop. I think it's the thrilling and overwhelming plot, I love it. What's not to love about a nephilim, black witch heroine possessed by an archdemon from Hell who is turning to the good side because he's s ...more
Marianne
★★★+
The only witch who could lift Darrak's curse is dead, it's time to up the ante: Enlist demons from hell. But can you really trust demons who've no respect for human life... or love.

Eden and Darrak spend a lot of time distrusting each others feelings and motives. And they find themselves working for different sides in this one.

Darrak is still fun and sexy, the Malleus annoying as hell, and the neighbour next door intriguing. Don't get me wrong, it's an enjoyable book. It's just missing... s
Mary Abshire

This one is a good read, but lacks the energy the first book had. We are introduced to more demons and Lucifer in this one. Darrak struggles with himself. Should he go back to being a bad demon or follow his heart and love Eden? Don't get me wrong, this was a decent story. But I prefer a bit more action and suspense, and romance too.
Melindeeloo
I didn't like this one as much as the first, the demon is so sure that he'll be back to being demonic once he's free of the curse half-heartedly gets a start on that here with some pettiness, which detracts from his appeal. There are some interesting discoveries for the pair, but I just can't say that they will make me want to read the next book.
Christi Snow
Nov 09, 2011 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review:
This is a book that I picked up entirely on a whim a couple of weeks ago. The cover was super-sexy (I know, I am a cover-slut) and the story line was intriguing. What I didn't realize at the time was that this is the second book in an Urban Fantasy series. No, I haven't read book #1, but that did not affect my enjoyment of this book at all. This is a fabulous book with a really interesting and creative premise.

Eden is a human. She's psychic and has, on occasion, worked with the police
Bookaholics
Oct 27, 2010 Bookaholics rated it really liked it
Something Wicked by Michelle Rowen
Paranormal Romance- Oct 5th, 2010
4 Stars

Something Wicked is a romance in contemporary time period with paranormal and suspense elements.

Eden Riley is in a fix. She is a white witch possessed by a demon named Darrak. And not just any demon but a cursed archdemon created by Satan/Lucifer. She once allowed passion to take her and her soul has turned dark. In the witch community, she is now a Black Witch. Eventually, her desire to dip into the dark well of power wi
Amanda
May 31, 2010 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
★★★★☆ I loved it!

Darrak has to be one of my favourite male leads. He never fails to impress and have me giggling my head off. Someone else who never fails to impress is Michelle Rowen. She's easily in my top authors and I can't wait for the day that I've read all of her books. Something Wicked is a fantastic addition to the Living In Eden series. While not as perfect as The Demon In Me, Something Wicked isn't a victim to the sequel syndrome. The story is relevant and keeps moving forward. Our ma
Margaret Fisk
Jul 12, 2011 Margaret Fisk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
This is the sequel to The Demon in Me, and shows the same interesting balance of a partner/love interest who is inherently evil. This time, though, the focus is much more on Darrak than Eden as he struggles to comprehend what he’s become and tries to recover his former self whatever way he can.

While that might sound selfish, it’s not as selfish as an arch demon might hope.

Darrak is living off Eden’s energy, and while she is slowly being drained by him. He wants to be his old, evil self. It’s sim
Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
I have to say that I liked this book almost as much as the first book. It reminds me of the Georginia Kincaid series a bit, not in plot really, but in it's funny, snarky but lovable characters. I mean, he's an ex-incubus turned archdemon who's possessing an innocent young woman, but doesn't want to be bad. And I find him adorable and endearing. And Eden was just as cute and quick witted. But what I liked most is that no one is perfect. They are relatable characters going through emotional highs ...more
Abby
Jan 06, 2012 Abby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
KEYPOINT: ROMANCE, Action, Demons AND Angels,Crime

INSHORT: A great follow up to demon in me, this book has great character development and plot twists that keeps you turning the pages late into the night.

PAW RATING: 3 paws marks

GINNY THE BOOK READING PUG'S REVIEW:

After finishing Demon in me i couldn't wait to get my small paws on Something Wicked and it didn't disappoint.

In this installment we follow Eden on her continued journey through the supernatural community to find a cure to the curse tha
Amy
Couldn't put it down. Hubby dear asked me if I was going to go to sleep and I just looked at him and flipped the remainder of the pages with a "What do you think?" look on my face. I then proceeded to continue reading pieces of it to him. He laughed & commented on how it's been awhile since I've done it to that extent. Couldn't help myself. Absolutely terrific!!

After the first one in this series, I was a little concerned it was going to be short lived. Don't get me wrong. The first book was
Nida Kazi
Sep 17, 2016 Nida Kazi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow this book is seriously underrated.. I mean for a first time paranormal reader like me I've come across demons, fairies,werewolves, something about Lucifer. I mean this book is seriously entertaining considering the story which is fascinating to say the most...

I mean this story includes witty comebacks,funny scenes, innovative scenes and each and every chapter had me glued from the very start!
And most importantly for me the funny part keeps me going and excites me to read more and more
Some ex
Tara SG
Nov 02, 2010 Tara SG rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-kindle
* * * 1/2

--This book in 6 words:

I laughed, but not as much

--Why did I read this? And am I glad I did?

I really enjoyed the first in this series, The Demon in Me, and was really looking forward to this one. I’m not sure if it was partially due to my Dark Hunter obsession or if it was the varying POVs, but I didn’t connect to the characters as well in this one. Not to say I didn’t like it, because I did enjoy the book. I’ll definitely be looking forward to the next in the series.

--Read the full rev
Colleen
Jun 09, 2010 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All the fun of The Demon in Me only better. Yes, Living in Eden is yet another winning series from Michelle Rowen. I'm enjoying hanging with Eden and Darrak, while they're trying to figure out how to break Darrak's curse. I thoroughly enjoyed the side story with Eden's partner Andy, learning more about Darrak's past life through Theo and Lucas, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what happens next in That Old Black Magic (Living in Eden #3) releasing in December.
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
Eden and Darrak still bound together, are quite hoping to find another way to break Darrak's curse so that they can go on their merry ways. But they struggle with string effections for each other, the fact that Eden has changed, and that Darrak is changing himself. But they have more to worry about than what's changing in their lives. Because now Lucifer himself has taken an interest in Eden, but for what?
Betty
I really loved this book. I by accident found it in the romance section of Borders and I dont ususally like the romance books but I thought I'd give it a try. It really surprised me. The romance in it is done very tactfully and not all through the book. Its more on the lines of a paranormal mystery with a little spice thrown in for good measure.
Hana
May 07, 2015 Hana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels-demons, magic
It was a bit worse than the first book but it was still quite good, especially chemistry between Eden and Darrak. On the other hand things got too complicated with introducing Lucifer, Theo, Asmodeus and a glimps of Edens father - the angel. I was glad that Darrak wasn't killed but I am not sure if I am going to tlread a follow up.
Lola
Jan 28, 2011 Lola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty cool sequel for The Demon in Me...

Some information is released and new mysteries are presented...

It totally follows the same structure than the first one, that I liked so much, full of unexpected twists and witty dialog among the characters and the story is still interesting enough for me to continue reading through the series.

Crystal
Sep 10, 2011 Crystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
I cannot wait until December so I can finally see how this series ends. This was a great read. I love Darrak! Reading from his POV was my favorite parts of this book because you can see how he struggles with being a demon but trying to be good but still wanting to be bad because that's what a demon is supposed to do. The ending was a little predictable.
Penny
Nov 21, 2010 Penny rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF. This book just couldn't hold my attention. I kept having this feeling that I've read it or a similiar storyline before. My to-be-read list is way too long to waste on reading a book that I've already read before.
Deb
Jul 28, 2010 Deb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks again to Michelle Rowen for another fantastic story! I just love the chemistry between Eden and Darrak! Can't wait to find out what happens next! And I'd really like to know what's up with Oliver and the Malleus; something tells me he's not a nice guy.....
  • Frostbound (The Dark Forgotten, #4)
  • Demon Possessed (Megan Chase, #3)
  • When Wicked Craves (The Shadow Keepers, #3)
  • Caged in Spirit (Caged, #3)
  • Infernal Affairs (OSI #4)
  • Skykeepers (Nightkeepers, #3)
  • Never Again (Wizards of Nevermore, #1)
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3)
  • Sins of the Soul (Otherkin, #2)
  • Demons Like It Hot (Demons Unleashed, #2)
  • Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4)
  • Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Darkness Hunts (Dark Angels, #4)
  • Asmodeus (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • Nightfall (Dark Age Dawning, #1)
  • Coveted (Gwen Sparks, #3)
National bestselling author MICHELLE ROWEN writes paranormal romance, urban fantasy, and young adult fantasy, both light and dark, sexy and sweet, long and short -- it all depends on the story! She's won a Holt Medallion for Best First Book and a Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award for Vampire Romance. For more information, please visit Michelle at her website at www.michellerowen.com.
More about Michelle Rowen...

Living in Eden (3 books)
  • The Demon in Me (Living in Eden, #1)
  • That Old Black Magic (Living In Eden, #3)

“There’s nothing to fear but fear itself” 6 likes