Start by marking “Predictable Success” as Want to Read:
Predictable Success

Predictable Success

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  15 reviews

No matter what kind of organization you work for, whether it's your own small business or a global Fortune 100 company, your number-one goal is success. Predictable Success takes you step-by-step through a startlingly simple, intuitive, and universal process that shows you how to bring sustained, lasting, predictable success to your organization.

Find out where your organiz

Published June 1st 2010 by Greenleaf Book Group, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Predictable Success, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Predictable Success

Mark
This book concisely lays out a compelling framework for understanding the overall issues of increasing complexity as an organization grows, and provides some useful insight into resolving those issues. An excellent book for anyone suffering from the growing pains of a small company turning big, or for someone watching a successful company suffer as it's strangled by the very drive toward systemization that allowed it to overcome the complexity that comes with being big.

I had the good fortune of
getAbstract
Informative guide to organizational growth or recovery

Entrepreneur and CEO Les McKeown prefaces his book with a tale of discovery – the story of how he uncovered the “Predictable Success” model. The personal anecdotes he shares in this section demonstrate his humility, as well as his bona fides. Perhaps more important for a book that aspires to show organizations both what they are (he says that every organization moves through a specific life cycle) and what they can be (every organization can
Jeff
Great book on the life cycle of organizations and how to stay in the success cycle. Some takeaways:

If you don't have the right people, it's only a matter of time before the money runs out.

There are 7 stages of organizational development
1. Early Struggle
2. Fun
3. Whitewater
4. Predictable Success
5. Treadmill
6. The Big Rut
7. Death Rattle

Organizations who achieve and stay in Predictable Success exhibit 5 main characteristics:
1. Decision-making. The ability to readily and consistently implement de
Sherrie Rohde
I work at a startup and am involved with other companies that are transitioning out of that phase. This book made everything going on around me so much clearer as I can now understand and identify the different stages of the business life cycle the companies around me, and especially the one I'm at, are in. Not only that but I now know what predictable success looks like, how to get there, and how to stay there. Unlike many business books, Les' writing style holds my focus as it is full of perso ...more
Jason Galloway
A compliment to the other Les book
Jordan
This book was much more geared toward start up companies than I thought. For me, someone who is a manager in an established, medium to large size company, the first 76 pages didn't apply to me. But if you are starting up a company, this would mean a lot more to you then me. Part two on getting to predictable success and staying there was much more interesting. I found the section on staying at the peak the most enlightening section of the whole book. This makes me want to read the other Les McKe ...more
Carolyn Monaco
Fantastic high-level yet on-the-ground conversation that quickly diagnosis any business, anywhere, on a 7-point "lifecycle" model...and advises exactly what to do next for fastest success. I learned that "the business of managing of a business" can be simple and intuitive. I learned that getting advice from someone who is truly an expert is invaluable. And I learned that there are fast, powerful ways to move a business forward.
Simon
This book was really helpful in understanding the life cycle of a business in advance, preparing you for what's to come when you're starting out in business is priceless. Well written, and some good diagrams illustrate the text. If you are or are thinking of becoming an entrepreneur you should read this book sooner rather than later (especially the bit about white water rafting, you'll be glad you did!)
Matt Adair
Tremendously clear overview of the life cycles of organizations - incredibly timely and helpful as I review the past year and look ahead to helping lead our church towards predictable success in 2013.

This is an important read for church planters and pastors at any stage of their church's organizational development.
Anna
This book shows how to identify and manage the various growth stages of a business. It has more to do with management and organizational culture than starting a business per se, but nonetheless useful for the author's substantial experience as an entrepreneur and consultant to start-ups.
Mary Louise
Even an art geek beginner entrepreneur can understand this one. My husband and I have devoured this book. Clarity, that's Les McKeown's gift, and by all standards, that makes him a gift-giver too. We need more like him in business.
Jamie Notter
Excellent, excellent book. The way it clarifies the challenges that companies face--depending on where they are in the growth cycle--was illuminating, both for my own organization and the clients I serve. I highly recommend it.
Anne Marie
Interesting book about the life stages of a business. It isn't the old business school model, this is an entirely different way of looking at stages.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on management for knowledge workers, managers, executives, and entrepreneurs.
Erica Allison
My go to book for sustainable business growth!
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
William Murphy
William Murphy marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Bill Brewster
Bill Brewster marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Raymond
Raymond marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Andy Cob
Andy Cob marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Noha
Noha marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Zion Avnilov
Zion Avnilov marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Amanda Cooper
Amanda Cooper marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Kristian Kalsing
Kristian Kalsing marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Les McKeown is the president and CEO of Predictable Success. Les has launched and managed over forty businesses and is the cofounder of an incubation company that helped hundreds of entrepreneurs launch businesses employing thousands worldwide. Since moving to the United States in 1999, Les has helped founder-owners, CEOs, C-level executives, and their teams identify and eliminate personal and org ...more
More about Les McKeown...
The Synergist: How to Lead Your Team to Predictable Success Predictable Success Predictable Success: Getting Your Organization on the Growth Track-And Keeping It There Do Lead: Share your vision. Inspire others. Achieve the impossible Shang-a-lang: Life as an International Pop Idol