Start by marking “Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)” as Want to Read:
Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)

Return to Alastair (Tahn #2)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  380 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Once a feared mercenary, Tahn Dorn has abandoned his old ways and is building a new life. But his heart is still heavy. Haunted by confusing dreams and uncertain of his growing attraction to Netta Trilett, Tahn knows he must come to terms with his past before he can look to the future. And that means returning to his birthplace of Alastair--a journey he knows will not be e ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Return to Alastair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Alastair

Angela
Dec 27, 2015 Angela rated it did not like it
This is more a 2.5 rating...

What I liked...
well I'm someone who wants to know what's going to happen and this book had moments of "I want to know what happens next..." but sadly it ends there. I was really disappointed in this sequel, but was still kinda glad I read it, but it got to a point that I just wanted to finish it and be done.

What I didn't like...
As much as I liked the Faith aspect to the first book and it carrying on in the second book it was so faith heavy. Let me try to explain. Al
anna
Jul 01, 2012 anna rated it liked it
My opinion of this book was sadly torn between more than one viewpoint.
If you are looking for a story with a sound spiritual message about forgiveness and trust then this is it, and the theme is well handled, but the setting, much of the characterisation and certain aspects of the plot are not.

On the one hand in terms of Christian content I cannot fault it, but the Historian in me could barely tolerate the historical inaccuracy and seeming lack of research, and on a purely superficial level th
Jul 24, 2009 Sarah rated it it was ok
And the series gets worse. First half of the book was good, not a dull moment. But then comes the second half and shoot me. I just skipped to the epilogue. What else can go wrong for Tahn? and could Netta be anymore helpless. I felt there were unresolved issues from Tahn's past that were pointless and shouldn't have been put in the book at all. I just didn't feel connected to the characters anymore after the first half.
Rachel
Mar 20, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
This is the second book of the Tahn series, in which Tahn goes back to Alastair to try to learn what happened to him and his family when he was a child. He finds a long-lost sibling and a conspiracy that just keeps getting more serious the deeper he digs into his past...

This book started a little slow, but once it got started, it was impossible to put down. I read the middle 1/3 of it in one evening, and the conclusion in another. Compared to the first book in this series, I felt the character p
Brittany Lou
Nov 10, 2014 Brittany Lou rated it it was amazing
Love this series! Full of adventure!
Telpe
Jan 05, 2008 Telpe rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life. What more praise can I speak than that? The author's techniques are unique and intriguing, keeping the reader involved in the plot and loving the characters. There are a few characters who can get on my nerves sometimes, but all in all it is an amazing book. It has really helped me along with my Christian faith as well.
Kaity-Jane Culbertson
May 25, 2011 Kaity-Jane Culbertson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
AMAZING! Once again, I was immediately enraptured with the life of Tahn Dorn. Liking him more and more with each page flip, by the end it was all I could do to not pick up the third and dive in! Sadly, duty calls and some other books are beckoning to be read and reviewed, but the Scarlet Trefoil will be read as soon as possible - no doubt about that! ;)
Paul Gunderson
Dec 03, 2010 Paul Gunderson rated it really liked it
I borrowed this one from a friend. I just picked it up because I liked the cover & started reading it without even reading what the book was about. I was pleasently surprised to discover that not only was it a fantacy book but a christian one. I will now have to look into what other books this author has written. it was an easy pleasent read.
Katie
Aug 31, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves medieval!
I did a reread for this one--enjoyed it just as much as the first time through! I completely enjoyed getting to know Tahn again. And, just as before, his journey back to his childhood home, and the discoveries he makes of himself and his family, is heart touching! I don't think I'll ever get tired of this series :-)
Holly
Jul 29, 2008 Holly rated it it was amazing
Awesome series! Couldn't put it down. I read all 3 books in the series in 1 month! Now if someone told me I would have to read 3 books in one month I would have said it was impossible. Full of mystery and action with twists and turns. This is the first time I read a medieval-type writing.
Lori Johnson
Apr 08, 2013 Lori Johnson rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. It is one in a Trilogy based on the main character. I began with reading the second book of the trilogy, "Return to Alastair" first, which left me craving to get the back-story from the first book,"Tahn". Out of the three books in the trilogy, this one was my favorite.
Daniel Mello
Jan 27, 2013 Daniel Mello rated it it was amazing
Deeply rooted within Christianity, the novel's undercurrent of irrepressible faith resounds throughout the journey of Tahn to absolve himself of his troubled past, a journey of which anyone can sympathize.
Celesta Thiessen
Mar 02, 2012 Celesta Thiessen rated it liked it
Sadly, this series was sort-of like the Matrix. Stop after the first one. The next two books don't really add anything to the awesomeness of Tahn.
Kate
Dec 30, 2007 Kate rated it really liked it
This book along with the other two book in its series "Tahn", and "The Scarlet Trefoil" , shows that Faith in God gives the strength to over come ones fear.
Bonnie
Mar 18, 2008 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
The continuing story of Tahn Dorn as he comes to a realization that forgiveness of others is bliss and that he can claim it for himself, too!
Rachelle Sperling
May 10, 2016 Rachelle Sperling rated it liked it
Almost as good as the first with a strong emphasis on mercy and forgiveness.

See my profile for my star rating system.
Beccie
May 05, 2013 Beccie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely love this series. tahn is a great character and none of the Godly stuff is overdone.
Katie
Aug 23, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Shelves: favorites
Continues to be a wonderful series - just as good as the first! Tahn is an amazing character!!!
Lacie
May 11, 2014 Lacie added it
Amazing! Just need to double-check on which order the books need to be read in.
Molly Evangeline
May 01, 2013 Molly Evangeline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another great Tahn book! Even better than the first. It was so intense and suspenseful.
Paula
Mar 13, 2015 Paula rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own-it
Not bad but I would have been happy just to read Tahn by itself.
Stephie
Aug 17, 2010 Stephie rated it it was amazing
The exciting sequel to Tahn, and an amazing book!
Dionne Cobb
Great book! Can't wait for the next one.
Nicci
Jun 09, 2011 Nicci rated it it was amazing
Good book. The series is wonderful.
Cassia Ries
Sep 21, 2014 Cassia Ries rated it it was amazing
November 2011
May 2014
cat
cat marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
William Callister
William Callister rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Pamela Memmott
Pamela Memmott rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Elly
Elly marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
  • Shadow Over Kiriath (Legends of the Guardian-King, #3)
  • Shadow in the Deep (Binding of the Blade #3)
  • Judge (Books of the Infinite, #2)
  • Riona (Fires of Gleannmara, #2)
  • The Way of the Wilderking (The Wilderking Trilogy, #3)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • The Legend of the Firefish (Trophy Chase Series)
  • The Kingdom (Chiveis Trilogy, #3)
  • Sorcerer
  • Dawn in My Heart (Regency #1)
  • Kingdom's Call (Kingdom, #4)
  • The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within, #2)

Tahn (3 books)
  • Tahn (Tahn Dorn #1)
  • The Scarlet Trefoil (Tahn Dorn #3)