Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)

Return to Alastair (Tahn #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Once a feared mercenary, Tahn Dorn has abandoned his old ways and is building a new life. But his heart is still heavy. Haunted by confusing dreams and uncertain of his growing attraction to Netta Trilett, Tahn knows he must come to terms with his past before he can look to the future. And that means returning to his birthplace of Alastair--a journey he knows will not be e...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Revell

To ask other readers questions about Return to Alastair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return to Alastair

anna
My opinion of this book was sadly torn between more than one viewpoint.
If you are looking for a story with a sound spiritual message about forgiveness and trust then this is it, and the theme is well handled, but the setting, much of the characterisation and certain aspects of the plot are not.

On the one hand in terms of Christian content I cannot fault it, but the Historian in me could barely tolerate the historical inaccuracy and seeming lack of research, and on a purely superficial level th...more
Rachel
This is the second book of the Tahn series, in which Tahn goes back to Alastair to try to learn what happened to him and his family when he was a child. He finds a long-lost sibling and a conspiracy that just keeps getting more serious the deeper he digs into his past...

This book started a little slow, but once it got started, it was impossible to put down. I read the middle 1/3 of it in one evening, and the conclusion in another. Compared to the first book in this series, I felt the character p...more
And the series gets worse. First half of the book was good, not a dull moment. But then comes the second half and shoot me. I just skipped to the epilogue. What else can go wrong for Tahn? and could Netta be anymore helpless. I felt there were unresolved issues from Tahn's past that were pointless and shouldn't have been put in the book at all. I just didn't feel connected to the characters anymore after the first half.
Telpe
This is one of the best books I have ever read in my entire life. What more praise can I speak than that? The author's techniques are unique and intriguing, keeping the reader involved in the plot and loving the characters. There are a few characters who can get on my nerves sometimes, but all in all it is an amazing book. It has really helped me along with my Christian faith as well.
Kaity-Jane Culbertson
AMAZING! Once again, I was immediately enraptured with the life of Tahn Dorn. Liking him more and more with each page flip, by the end it was all I could do to not pick up the third and dive in! Sadly, duty calls and some other books are beckoning to be read and reviewed, but the Scarlet Trefoil will be read as soon as possible - no doubt about that! ;)
Paul Gunderson
I borrowed this one from a friend. I just picked it up because I liked the cover & started reading it without even reading what the book was about. I was pleasently surprised to discover that not only was it a fantacy book but a christian one. I will now have to look into what other books this author has written. it was an easy pleasent read.
Katie
Aug 31, 2012 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves medieval!
I did a reread for this one--enjoyed it just as much as the first time through! I completely enjoyed getting to know Tahn again. And, just as before, his journey back to his childhood home, and the discoveries he makes of himself and his family, is heart touching! I don't think I'll ever get tired of this series :-)
Holly
Awesome series! Couldn't put it down. I read all 3 books in the series in 1 month! Now if someone told me I would have to read 3 books in one month I would have said it was impossible. Full of mystery and action with twists and turns. This is the first time I read a medieval-type writing.
Lori Johnson
I enjoyed this book. It is one in a Trilogy based on the main character. I began with reading the second book of the trilogy, "Return to Alastair" first, which left me craving to get the back-story from the first book,"Tahn". Out of the three books in the trilogy, this one was my favorite.
Daniel Mello
Deeply rooted within Christianity, the novel's undercurrent of irrepressible faith resounds throughout the journey of Tahn to absolve himself of his troubled past, a journey of which anyone can sympathize.
Celesta Thiessen
Sadly, this series was sort-of like the Matrix. Stop after the first one. The next two books don't really add anything to the awesomeness of Tahn.
Kate
This book along with the other two book in its series "Tahn", and "The Scarlet Trefoil" , shows that Faith in God gives the strength to over come ones fear.
Bonnie
The continuing story of Tahn Dorn as he comes to a realization that forgiveness of others is bliss and that he can claim it for himself, too!
Beccie
Absolutely love this series. tahn is a great character and none of the Godly stuff is overdone.
Katie
Aug 23, 2010 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Shelves: favorites
Continues to be a wonderful series - just as good as the first! Tahn is an amazing character!!!
Lacie
May 11, 2014 Lacie added it
Amazing! Just need to double-check on which order the books need to be read in.
Molly Evangeline
Another great Tahn book! Even better than the first. It was so intense and suspenseful.
Paula
Not bad but I would have been happy just to read Tahn by itself.
Stephie
The exciting sequel to Tahn, and an amazing book!
Dionne Cobb
Great book! Can't wait for the next one.
Nicci
Good book. The series is wonderful.
Cassia
November 2011
May 2014
Daniel
Daniel is currently reading it
Sep 19, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Amelia R
Amelia R marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Julie Poor
Julie Poor is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2014
  • Shadow in the Deep (Binding of the Blade #3)
  • The Shadow Within (Legends of the Guardian-King, #2)
  • The Restorer's Son
  • Riona (Fires of Gleannmara #2)
  • The Legend of the Firefish (Trophy Chase Trilogy)
  • The Rise of the Wyrm Lord (The Door Within, #2)
  • The Way of the Wilderking (The Wilderking Trilogy #3)
  • DragonLight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #5)
  • The Circle Trilogy: The Complete Trilogy in One Epic Edition (The Circle, #1-3)
  • Kingdom's Edge (Kingdom, #3)
  • Wings of Dawn
Tahn (Tahn Dorn #1) The Scarlet Trefoil: A Novel (Tahn Dorn #3)