Start by marking “Scott Pilgrims Precious Little Boxset” as Want to Read:
Scott Pilgrims Precious Little Boxset

Scott Pilgrims Precious Little Boxset (Scott Pilgrim #1-6)

4.53 of 5 stars 4.53  ·  rating details  ·  3,784 ratings  ·  199 reviews
Looking for the perfect entry point into the world of Scott Pilgrim? Well, this is it, buddy! All six volumes of Bryan Lee O'Malley's epic tale of a slacker's quest to win the heart of the girl of his dreams by defeating her seven evil ex-boyfriends! All together in a beautiful new slipcase! Also includes an exclusive poster featuring an all-new full color piece by Bryan L ...more
Published November 23rd 2010 by Oni Press (first published August 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Scott Pilgrims Precious Little Boxset, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scott Pilgrims Precious Little Boxset

Prongs
BREAD MAKES YOU FAT?!?!
Tung
Everyone brings a context to their book reviews. Someone who has worked in the fast food industry, for example, brings a very different perspective to a review of Fast Food Nation than someone who hasn’t. For me, I bring two contexts to this review: (1) I broke my rule of always reading the book before watching the film adaptation (Scott Pilgrim vs the World was one of my favorite movies of 2010); and (2) I was (am?) an awkward, video-game obsessed, neurotic-about-girls guy – so I’m sorta pre-di ...more
Ethan
I don't get it. A lot of folks talk about how lovable these books are and OHOHOHOHOH AMAZING GRAPHIC NOVELS YES, but I don't see it. It's boring, predictable, filled with un-relatable characters, and just sort of trite.

I wasn't nerdy enough to think it was amazing every time he used OOOOOO VIDEO GAME FONT and said LEVEL UP.

I'm too... not an emotional moron, for lack of a better term, to find any of the characters (with the exception of some minors) relatable or likable in any way. If the grand
Alex Griffiths
Rather than rate each book individually, it made more sense to review them as a contingent.

I got into the Scott Pilgrim series backwards. I follow a few webcomic artists' Twitterfeeds, and there was mention of buying Scott Pilgrim books from Brian Lee O'Malley. Naturally, I checked out Scott Pilgrim, and found out about the film. After seeing the film and being left in awe, the next natural progression was to read the books.

Scott Pilgrim, the story of the eponymous character's battle against his
Ren the Unclean
I am reviewing these all at once. There isn't enough to differentiate each volume to warrant multiple reviews.

Scott Pilgrim is a fairly well told story about a hipster kid dealing with love and fighting in Canada. It is certainly flawed, but ends up being pretty entertaining.

The art in Scott Pilgrim is basically appealing, in a simplistic way, but tends to detract more from the book than it adds. The characters are plain and are not very well differentiated from each other, causing scenes to be
Keith
Started checking these out from the library as it was cheaper than going back to see the movie a second time. My commitment to reading the whole series grew with each book, and by far my favorite section is the summer between evil-ex-fights in book 4. The latter books, in which it comes to light what a complete schmuck Scott really is and how, despite being 'the greatest fighter in the province', he is completely reliant on everyone around him for everything else -- well, it's the sort of group ...more
Hannah  Messler
Aww it would be really hard not to like these books, even though it would be cool if everyone didn't say bitch gay and retarded like a million times each. Have you seen the movie? It is, quite possibly, the greatest film ever made.
Hugh
Hilarious, different and layered. Scott Pilgrim is what every 21st Century nerd needs to read.

It's easy with this sort of narrative to create something purely self-indulgent and designed as mere wish fulfilment and, at first, the first few volumes look as if they may head in that direction. Scott is you. He is the reader. He is the white, straight male manchild with the emotional maturity of a preteen, despite being well into his twenties. He somehow finds himself in a relationship with both a h
Tzu-mainn Chen
I watched "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" when it first came out in movie theaters. I came out of the movie a) feeling extremely satisfied with what I had just seen, and b) knowing that I would never read the comic book on which the movie was based. I loved the movie for its distinctive characters and imaginative visuals; however I found the character of Scott Pilgrim extremely insufferable. Entitled, whiny, self-centered - I couldn't imagine following Scott through six volumes of his life.

It turn
m_miriam
It was okay... The whole series is essentially about dysfunctional relationships and unhealthy communication. For me, the final book was the most interesting and problematic because it is so focused on the abuse and manipulation of Ramona and Gideon's relationship, which is emphasized by the captivity of Gideon's ex-girlfriends and Ramona's psychic captivity. Also, Scott was not a particularly engaging hero for me, he's thoughtless and inconsiderate for the most part.
Mathew
I adored the Scott Pilgrim movie, so I just had to read the novels. I love how well the characters translated on screen, (except that they made Ramona a huge bitch when she's really not) and then you read the books and it's not like they are any different, but there's so much more to them. You really do get to know them better, as if they're becoming your friends. And plus, I'm an indie geek who likes video games, so these novels were pretty much made for me.
Nailya
I haven't finished the series yet, but I'm already totally in love with it. Yep, I am one of those bad bad people who watched the film first (and loved it!), but that only brings an appreciation of how well the movie is made, not boredom at the fact that naturally the novel is less visual.

Each generation has those books which reflect it, with its hopes, dreams and fears. What I love about Scott Pilgrim is that it is a book about us, the current twenty to thirty somethings. About a world where p
Allison
This series is so much fun. Quirky, charming, and funny, with action and excitement. Loved the characters. The illustrations are great--simple looking, but so clearly depicting various nuances of emotion (and humor). There are plenty of in-jokes and references for gamers, but I myself have never played video games and still loved this series.
Milky
This series is soo friggin awesome, there are no words to describe it. While the books stand alone have some minor flaws, they're nothing compared to it as a whole. I felt there was certain aspects in some of the books I wanted to dig deeper in and to perhaps see a bigger back story then shown but otherwise this book delivers and deserves all the praise it gets. The animation/art is just punk rock! I feel that its old school meets new age, making these books different then anything I've ever see ...more
Bryan Cottle
We are Sex Bob-omb! Scott Pilgrim Rocks! Action, Rock & Roll, and Scott dating Ramona Flowers...... heck I would fight seven evil ex-boyfriends just to read this series.
jonathan
I would not be able to write a review better than Joss Whedon's - "Scott Pilgrim is the best book ever. It is the chronicle of out time. With Kung Fu, so, yea: perfect"
Casey Peterson
Read the Graphic Novel, watch the movie, or play the video game. Doesn't matter what you do they are all a solid A+
Debby
Scott Pilgrim is a fast, funny, and inventive read. The geeky humor is authentic, and the author knows just when to break the fourth wall. Many of the characters are not good people (Scott in particular is kind of a loser), but the humor and style were so inviting that I rooted for them anyway.

My husband and I bought the books, but I'd recommend getting them from a library because it only took a few hours to read all of them, and I don't feel a compelling desire to read them again. We solved th
Jessica B
From shutupimreading.blogspot.com

This series blew my mind with it's awesomeness.

Throughout each book, I chuckled, I "awwwwww"ed, and I was on the edge of my seat as Scott battled with ninja-like moves. The wonderfully unique, fast plot grabbed me immediately.

Each character was hilarious, unique, and I want to hug ALL OF THEM! (It would freak them out so bad...but that's only half of the reason I'd do it.) If I had to pick a favorite, it would be...um...yeah, can't pick one.

Seriously, if what I t
Hadi Wijaya
I really satisfy with both comic book and movie of Scott Pilgrim vs the World, they are really awesome. I watch the movie before reading the book, but the story line is pretty much same. The comic books have deeper background story for 2 protagonist Scott and Ramona. And it's good, because it can give strong support to the main line.

The first things that I would like to compliment is about the video game things in here. Read this comic really like playing arcade game, with all versus, level up,
Ben
Much better than the film (where spastic Scott is replaced by generic Michael Cera and Ramona becomes a cardboard cutout), the Scott Pilgrim series was generally enjoyable and rather clever. I hold a particular fondness for the twins/robots, Julie, and the wonderful line near the end that reads something like, "His brain doesn't need any more damage from you!" "Wait, more damage?"

That said, there are a couple things to note. First, the characters are very two-dimensional, except maybe Scott and
Bjoern
Samantha
Graphic Novel/Comedy/Indie Rock and Roll/Canadian
Graphic Novel*

What began as a reading of the first three books for a class project resulted in me finishing the entire series. The series is the story of Canadian Scott Pilgrim, who meets an American girl named Ramona Flowers. Scott leads a simple life, he is in a band, he lives with a roommate, nobody ever bothers him besides his sister. However, when he meets Ramona his life changes. In order to date Ramona, Scott must defeat all of her evil ex-
Matt Butler
this is the complete story of Scott Pilgerm, a canadien slacker with relashionship troubles which varies from cheating on girlfriends, ex's, evil ex's to evil ex's of ex's.

this set of graphic novels is set in snowy Toronto, Canada and seen through the eyes of male protaginist Scott Pilgrem. these books have a strong cartoon style based on various manga (japanese comics) and have are full of videogame refrences, set up as a videogame than a actull story.

i liked these books because of the modern
Shaun CG
I'm relieved that there's a 'bundle' list of these books to spare me from reviewing them all individually... which wouldn't be a problem save that I read them so quickly that some parts blur together.

Okay, context: I'd read Scott Pilgrim #1 through #4 or possibly #5 a few years ago when a friend lent them to me, and thought they were fantastic. With the rapidly approaching UK release of the film I thought it was about time for me to buy my own copies and read the final book(s).

For those not in
Mike
The first time that I heard of this series like many people, was through a commercial for the movie, which actually did rather poor in the box office. So putting those two facts together, I assumed that the entire property itself was just some crappy retro video game like series in general and paid it no mind afterward. Then some of my favorite movie reviewers started claiming that it was truly a fantastic movie and just about anyone raised on video games should go and see. So with that in mind ...more
Andre Avelas
Not only one of the best comics (graphic novels?) around, but one of the most important and poignant literary works of the last and this decade, the Scott Pilgrim Collection is a faithful and endearing portrait of a generation, my generation.
Scott Pilgrim sees himself as the most awesome canadian 23 year-old ever. Playing bass for the about-to-break-it big band "Sex Bob-omb", currently dating an asian schoolgirl named Knives Chau and living with his gay best friend Wallace Wells (actually Wallac
Lysiane
Epic and unexpected, that's the only words to define that serie!
Scott is that awkward and silly kid we can at some point all relate too but when he meets Ramona his whole life turns into some kind of battle to win the right to be with her.
...
Litterally a fight, against her seven evil boyfriends.
...
You might think that it's just too much or whatsoever but you'll be the first ones to complain about boring love stories and trust me, if there is one thing this one is not it's boring!
In a kind of vid
Daniel
Sep 03, 2010 Daniel rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Borrow or torrent for free, not really worth buying.
Recommended to Daniel by: Vallan Anundson
Shelves: comics, fiction
After some mixed reactions (mostly during book one) I can officially say that by the end of the sixth volume I enjoyed the Scott Pilgrim series. I found them to be charming and sweet and romantic. Surprisingly, I found them to very rarely be cheesy, an impresseive feat given the genre of literature: Teen Romance Manga??

At the same time, reading the books I understood that I am a little too old for them. Don't get me wrong, I devoured these books with gusto. But I can't help but feel that if I ha
Wrenaria
These books maybe are closer to a 3.5 rating for me, but since partial stars aren't an option, we'll round up. The story and art were fun, though at times it was hard to tell characters apart (almost all the girls have short hair?). I enjoyed a lot of the characters, but my least favorites were probably Scott and Ramona, and since they were the main characters, that's a bit unfortunate.

The story jumped around a lot (flashbacks and such) but held my interest the whole time. I feel like the serie
  • Transmetropolitan V. 1-10
  • Azumanga Daioh: The Omnibus
  • Frank Miller's Complete Sin City Library
  • Invincible, Compendium 1
  • Gunnerkrigg Court, Vol. 3: Reason (Gunnerkrigg Court #3)
  • Sandman Slipcase Set
  • I Feel Sick #2
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 3
  • Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens
  • Scud: The Disposable Assassin - The Whole Shebang!
  • RASL, Vol. 3: Romance at the Speed of Light (RASL, #3)
  • The Happy Hocky Family Moves to the Country
  • Tank Girl (Tank Girl, #1)
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 7
  • King Hugo's Huge Ego
  • Rice Boy
  • Fables: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 5
  • The Great Lollipop Caper
Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is currently working on (and best-known for) the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to present). All of his graphic novels thus far have been published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and formerly in several short-lived Toronto bands).
More about Bryan Lee O'Malley...
Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (Scott Pilgrim, #1) Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World (Scott Pilgrim, #2) Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour (Scott Pilgrim, #6) Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together (Scott Pilgrim, #4) Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness (Scott Pilgrim, #3)

“Those two make my mouth taste like throw up.” 2 likes