Start by marking “Conversion (Conversion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Conversion (Conversion, #1)

Conversion (Conversion #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  5,884 ratings  ·  508 reviews
Emma is content. She's got a promising career in front of her, great friends, and a pretty amazing family. But her love life has been a little lacking lately. That's when fate steps in, and she crashes into a tall, dark and handsome man—Teren Adams.

He’s single, successful, an extraordinary gentleman, but he’s also secretive. And some of his secrets are more unusual than mo
Published September 3rd 2013 by S.C. Stephens, LLC (first published January 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Conversion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conversion

Legal Briefs by N.M. SilberThe Edge of Always by J.A. RedmerskiWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenLosing Hope by Colleen Hoover
Books I can't freaking wait for...
46th out of 127 books — 201 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardLover Awakened by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostLover Revealed by J.R. Ward
The Best Adult Vampire Romance Books
338th out of 873 books — 2,979 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica Hatfield
Very Sweet story. Very Romantic.

photo teren2_zps06373b99.jpg

Teren: is very sweet and gentleman like not alpha male controlling, but romantic and kindhearted, and still very sexy.

photo teren_zps7ea0bc7b.jpg

Emma: is very down to earth and normal. She is pretty and sweet but strong when she needs to be.

"Hey, boy, I missed you." I scratched him behind his ears. He thumped his tail and I could have sworn he smiled.
Teren sat up on the other side of him. "You missed the dog? Did you miss me?"
I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe...a little."
He leaned over Sp
Aestas Book Blog

First, I found my casting for Teren!!!!!

** FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ** 4.5 stars!!

Conversion is a sexy, thrilling and romantic twist on the traditional vampire story that I think will appeal to all fans of romance regardless of whether or not they are 'paranormal' readers.Teren Adams will make you SWOON!!!

*happy sigh* I seriously love this book!! I love Teren Adams. I love the story. I love the romance. I love Emma. I love their families. To be honest, I just love everything about it :)

4 Stars!!!
 photo 90ad39cd-53b1-44a1-806a-1d4b3cfba223_zpsa685827a.jpg

A paranormal book written by S.C. Stephens? Count me in! Conversion is a great PNR. It is funny, sweet, sexy and exciting. Readers beware... you may fall in love with a new vampire named Teren Adams! I just had so much fun reading this one!

Emma lives a normal, simple life. She is single, working at a job she enjoys, and has a family she loves. One day while on a coffee run, she bumps into someone. Not just anyone, Teren Adams. Teren is handsome, successful and single as well. After E
2 Unfinished stars.

DNF at 64%.

So this is the story of Emma and Teren.
They crash into each other one day and from that day on things get heated and they start to fall for each other. Thing is: Teren is a “little bit” vampire.
And while that was a shock for Emma, that used to put vampire in the same box as “Santa Claus”, she eventually accepts Teren for who he is. Especially because “Hot” is one of those things he is.
But Teren isn’t telling everything (Yeah, there’s still more to tell than “I

! I am so much in love with S C Stephens right now!

Another wonderful book
from this author.

I started to read this book sincw i was bored but soon i was hocked in it and couldnt put it down. I cant decide if i should give this 4 or 5 stars but I loved it!

and i highly recommend it. It is a great book with a very sweet love story between a human and a vampire with a few surprising twists.

It will keep you entertainer from first to last page.

Conversion is the first book of a triology and i CANNO
Feb 13, 2013 ★Ruth★ marked it as dnf
Shelves: female-pov, vampires
DNF :(
I Got about 50% in & most of that was skimming. My biggest problem was that the couple got together & into bed by the end of the 1st chapter :( No tension, no build up, no real romance or anything...nothing to keep my interest. We know from the blurb that he is a vampire so no big reveal there.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE PNR's & I also loved Stephens' Thoughtless series. But this just didn't work for me.
I read this a year ago and loved it. Cannot wait for officially published version in fall 2013 so I can get back to these awesome characters!!!
My all time favourite book boyfriend:

My review:
If you like paranormal stories and enjoyed S.C. Stephens's style of writing before, you will love this book. Instead of writing whole book about how two main characters get together, author focuses mainly on already working relationship between Emma and Teren and problems during actual relationship. I really
This book was...ok. Barely.

Being dropped into their relationship was off putting. I like to see a couple meet. Not hear about it as a reflection.

I liked Teren, and my heart went out to him, but I like my hero's a bit tougher. He was going through something really horrible, and I admired his independence and faith in himself. But he had a very bad habit of keeping important details to himself. I really dislike liars. And while I understand that his secrets were huge and he was scared, he only d
2 stars

I would like to start by saying that I love the Thoughtless series! And I really really wanted to like this one. Well... I did not. I forced myself to finish it so I could give a fair rating. There were many things in this book that did not work for me.

First of all I did not like the idea of "a little bit vampire". Are you or are you not?!?! After some reading we actually understand that he in fact a real vampire so what the hell was that in the beginning?!

Then, if my boyfriend tells me
Angie's Dreamy Reads
Hmmmm!!! I don't know how to describe this book!! I liked it but I'm not sure I ADORED it. I don't was a little wordy. I felt myself skimming *sighs* it was good, I guess. Arg...I think it was just ..... I don't know. Not sure on this one.
2.5 stars It was just okay, still worth reading though.

I found this book so incredibly boring it’s almost difficult to write an actual review. Part of my problem with Conversion is I read the Thoughtless Series first and really expected that same level of storytelling. This fell so far short of being anywhere close to the same level as Thoughtless.

Let’s pretend that I don’t know S.C. Stephens is an amazing writer who is capable of developing characters worth reading about and just look at this
Nicky Charles
A wonderful story by a very promising new author. I loved the new spin she put on the traditional vampire story! The relationship between the main characters was amazingly tender, hot and 'real.' A great read that I highly recommend! Don't forget to check out the sequel!
~~2.75 HEARTS~~

I have to say that I’m a little disappointed with this book. I read the Thoughtless series and ABSOLUTELY loved it. Unfortunately this book was nowhere in the same spectrum as any of the books in the Thoughtless series. I didn’t like the attempt of it to be funny. I also didn’t like how Emma wasn’t in shock when Terren tells her he’s a vampire. I’m sorry but if my boyfriend of 1 month tells me that he’s a vampire then I’m running the other way FAR away from him. She was just n
Autumn Review
Back in 2012, I was introduced to Stephens' writing with Thoughtless. After reading that, I quickly devoured any book that she had written. One of those books was CONVERSION. Now, a year and a half later, I read through it for a second time and fell in love with the characters all over again!

When Emma meets Teren, she feels like she finally found someone special. And 'special' he is. Sure, Teren is successful, smart, funny, sweet, and romantic, but he's also half-vampire. Surprisingly, Emma take
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Reveiw
Genre: Adult-Paranormal Romance
Setting: San Fransisco,Ca.

Fave line from the book- " I will drag your sleeping ass out into the sun, if you so much as drop a fang at my sister"- Emma in Conversion

Conversion totally took me by surprise it starts off slow, not even on a slow simmer just slow. And then i get closer to the end and it jump starts to life like a reviving heart. You don't even expect it, then BAM it kicks into high gear leaving the reader wondering how the he
This was the most boring book about vampires that I have ever read. Seriously. There was only action at the tail end of this book. The rest was spent reading like a fucking interior design magazine and landscape magazine that never ended! Emma was boring. Fuck, Teren was boring! It was slightly humourous at times, but that did not save it. I skimmed the majority of this read. Even the action was boring. That's just...something else altogether.

Emma was a waste of time to read about. She was noth
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
This was by no means a fast paced book, it was slow in the beginning but this was just building up the plot and story, it still kept me reading though! Once the story really took off I was hooked, I couldn't put the book down and had to read till the end. It does have a paranormal element to it, but by no means is it all about Vampires. I loved the story, I loved the twists and turns and I cannot wait to read the rest. Now that the background is out the way so to speak, I bet the remaining books ...more

Conversion by S.C. Stephens was a suprise for me. I was not an S.C. Stephens fan after reading Thoughtless. I just can't make myself like cheaters.I was very skeptical about this series but I read some reviews and the synopsis and it sounded interested. I am so glad I gave this one a shot. The book started off hilarious to me! I was LOLing and then all of the sudden the book got serious and frankly turned a little bit weird for me. Once I got to the ending of the book everything came together an

Really enjoyed this! Definitely slow paced in parts' 50-80% I was reading for days and days. and overdescriptive at times but I love the concept of this '"Metrovampire", Emma and Teren were an awesome and FUNCTIONAL (hallelujah !!) couple who were committed and passionate and faced everything together, and the last chapter melted my heart.
Can't wait for follow up, as I hear its even better

Random Highlight-y bits...

"If his only drawback was a pair of sharp teeth and a penchant for haemoglobin, we
A 4.5 actually . This was definitely enjoyable . It was more like a funny vampire movie in the beginning but things really got serious after a few chapters . A pretty decent read if you like vampire related stories . The main female character Emma is definitely witty . The main male character , Teren is a hot-bod with issues of his own . And his family , well " Adams family "as they are known are a whole bunch of fun !! Enjoyed it :)
For me this was more 2.5 stars but couldn't bring myself to just mark 2 stars.

This is a sweet (very sweet) love story. Her take on the vampire history is interesting & that held my attention as to what will happen. She's very descriptive. So much so sometimes I found myself skipping over some of it.

Emma kinda got on my nerves sometimes. The constant "I smacked his arm, I smacked his chest, I smacked him roughy" all the smacking was way over done & had me rolling my eyes. I kept wanting
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
This is a slow progressing yet heartwarming love story with a paranormal bite. Certainly aimed at the young adult audience with a penchant for hip vampirism and sassy heroines. This is a world apart from S C Stephens' thoughtless series so it's impossible to formulate any comparison between the two, so if you are a Twilight come Vampire Diaries fan, then I recommend you give this one a go. Definitely puts a unique spin on the Vampire genre with family values and continuing bloodlines playing a v ...more
Laurynne Gouws -
I loved Thoughtless and Effortless by S.C. Stephens and I was excited to pick this book up. I must tell you that it's so different to the other books I've read of Stephens... but such a delight to read.

It's cute and funny... romantic and different.
Read my Review of Conversion on my blog

Coffee, Books & Lipgloss
Review to come :)
Apr 13, 2015 Livia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR, vampire mythology in a contemporary setting
Recommended to Livia by: Vilma's Book Blog
From my review entitled: "A fantastically original vampire novel!"

Would you recommend this audiobook to a friend? If so, why?
Yes, I would totally recommend this audiobook to a friend. Narrator, Piper Goodeve really animates the dense narrative of Emma and Teren's love story. I'm not sure if I would have loved it quite as much if I had read the e-book format especially since author, S.C. Stephens is a new-to-me author.

What other book might you compare Conversion to and why?
The Twiligh
Amanda Croley
I am so in love with S.C. Stephens right now! Conversion is the best so far, I loved it and the vampire world she has created. Emma meets Teren when she accidentally bumps into him on the street spilling her coffee all over him. Rushing back to work from her lunch break, she hands him her card and offers to cover the dry cleaning bill. Expecting to hear a very unhappy man on the phone, she is startled when he asked to buy her another coffee. Their relationship moves extremely fast in my opinion, ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
A vampire book that even the non-paranormal fans will love.No doubt about that.S.C. Stephens with Conversion started another amazing trilogy.

Emma meets Teren and they start dating.During a make out sencion Teren's fangs pierce her tongue.When he explains that he is a partial vampire she doesn't run and they start a relationship.Things are difficult when both parts are humans,when one is vampire things are a little harder.When she meets his parents she learns that Teren has only a few more months

Beth Neeper
If I had to use one word to describe Conversion it would be PERFECT. The writing is perfect, The plot is perfect. And the characters are perfect. This is the first vampire book I have read in a while. Mostly because I have moved past the YA genre and moved on to the New Adult genre. I would consider this book a paranormal New Adult romance. And since I am a huge paranormal fan and a huge NA romance fan, this book was perfect for me.

S.C. Stephens sure has a way of writing swoon worthy heroes, and
Kelli C for "Cross"
I love S.C Stephens, so I was waiting forever for this! It took me a while to shift my reading genre from my typical bad male hotness to a truly sweet once in a lifetime romance! I can say that this book is written really well. It has a slow build up into a crash of craziness that is one hell of an emotional ride!

This book is not the typical paranormal vampire read, but has more of a humanistic approach to a vampire-human love story. Teren Adams is a beautiful stranger that Emma literally runs
so... where do you get this book from???? 24 177 Aug 11, 2013 04:56AM
  • Bite Me (Bitten, #1)
  • Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1)
  • Bliss (The Custos, #1)
  • The Entity Who Came for Christmas (Entity, #2.5)
  • The Finding (Law of the Lycans, #5)
  • Until the Sun Falls from the Sky (The Three, #1)
  • First Bitten (Alexandra Jones, #1)
  • The Bite That Binds (Deep In Your Veins, #2)
  • Far From Heaven
  • Adversary (Alfonzo, #11)
  • Incorporeal (Soul, #1)
  • Requiem (Providence, #2)
  • Tall, Dark & Heartless (Pyte/Sentinel, #3)
  • Blood of Anteros (Vampire Agápe, #1)
  • Immortal Protector (The Immortals, #1)
  • Bound By Blood
  • A Kiss Before Dying
  • Blood in the Stars
S.C. Stephens is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who enjoys spending every free moment she has creating stories that are packed with emotion and heavy on romance.

Her debut novel, Thoughtless, an angst-filled love triangle charged with insurmountable passion and the unforgettable Kellan Kyle, took the literary world by storm. Amazed and surprised by the response to the release of
More about S.C. Stephens...

Conversion (5 books)
  • Bloodlines (Conversion, #2)
  • 'Til Death (Conversion, #3)
  • The Next Generation (Conversion, #4)
  • The Conversion Series Collection (Conversion #1-3)

“I need you to be there when I die"...

... "I need your face to be the last thing my human eyes see.”