Start by marking “Enoch: A Bigfoot Story” as Want to Read:
Enoch: A Bigfoot Story

Enoch: A Bigfoot Story

As a child, Autumn Williams saw two hair-covered creatures standing in the woods behind her home in Washington State. She has spent her entire adult life seeking to understand why those non-human eyes held such an expression of human-like intelligence. What is the nature of a Sasquatch? Is it human? Animal? Or something in-between? How does Bigfoot live? How does it intera ...more
Published May 17th 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Enoch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enoch

Yeti! Were? by Celia KyleThe Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two by Catherynne M. ValenteThe Abominables by Eva IbbotsonAre We There Yeti? by Celia KyleYeti! Again? by Celia Kyle
Cryptids
22nd out of 102 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Reeda
Oct 22, 2015 Reeda rated it it was amazing
When I first got this book through the kindle unlimited program, I thought it was just going to be another fictional book about Bigfoot. I soon learned that the author is (was) a Bigfoot researcher with her own site and blog, Oregonbigfoot.com., and also has some videos on Youtube. She had a brief experience with a bigfoot in her younger years and has devoted her life to trying to understand them.

Along comes this witness who she calls Mike. His real name and his place of location is not revealed
Mark R Suter
Jul 04, 2016 Mark R Suter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Changed my entire outlook on Bigfoot

Very informative book. To good to be made up. Mike could have photographed his injuries for more proof. I don't understand how the fear of cameras can be explained but don't doubt it. I now believe they are here and understand Mike's reason for not giving more proof, photos, hair samples and what not. I would love to hear more from Mike, but don't expect it. You are a brave and fearless man, Mike. I recommend this book to anyone interested in this subject.
Peter Wilson
Sep 11, 2016 Peter Wilson rated it it was ok
This is a book about a guy named "Mike" (true identity concealed) who lives out in the woods with a family of Sasquatches. Mike befriends this one Sasquatch that he names Enoch. Mike was "discovered" by bigfoot researcher Autumn Williams. He opens up to her and supposedly tells her about his year-long bigfoot experience.

There are two parts to this book: Mike's own words about his squatchy experiences, and Autumn's ramblings about how she feels about Mike's squatchy experiences. Both parts are m
Ray Foy
Sep 13, 2015 Ray Foy rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of books about things "paranormal" and generally recognize two types. One is the "scientific" book that considers all the facts about a phenomena and weighs them logically to reach a conclusion. The other is a recounting of a witness's involvement with the phenomena at a personal level. The second type can be very powerful if it comes off as believable. Enoch, by Autumn Williams falls solidly into this second type.

Enoch is the story of one man's close involvement with the creat
Lady Lovecraft
Jan 12, 2016 Lady Lovecraft rated it did not like it
Poorly written. Really disappointed because of the good ratings, I was expecting better, but this was a really, really bad book. I don't even feel like I read the same book that some of the people on amazon reviewed... :-(
Kcastro
This is a new perspective for me. I'm going to have to give it some thought. Thinking of contacting Jeff Meldrum for his opinion.
Desiree Smelcer
Jul 18, 2014 Desiree Smelcer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Fully engrosing and wonderfully written. If habituation story true, amazing. If not still a wonderful story.
Jill
Dec 31, 2012 Jill rated it it was amazing
Autumn Williams, the author, is a longtime researcher who grew disillusioned with the process because researchers tend not to see Bigfoot, because they are too intrusive and stupid about it (just watch one episode of "Finding Bigfoot" to see this). So she developed an awesome website where habituators and witnesses can report their sightings and experiences. In this process she runs into a guy she calls Mike who tells her over time of his most extraordinary friendship with a Bigfoot he names Eno ...more
Jim Vaden
Aug 17, 2012 Jim Vaden rated it it was amazing
If the story contained in this book is true - IF... - then it changes everything about Bigfoot/Sasquatch research and possibly our understanding of human evolution as well. Personally, I hope it is true. To have yet another first-hand experience/encounter to be hoaxed would be a severe blow to the study of these creatures.

The author's argument concerning the need to present Mike's story while not providing conclusive proof is ludicrous to the serious researcher, but it makes sense. I am an open
Travis Stacey Watson
Unique Thoughts on the Sasquatch Phenomenon

Ms. Williams' approach - which one might call the Way of the Witness - is a refreshing change after tomes and tomes of 'serious researchers' trying to 'prove' the existence of this creature or hacks trying to convince us of their POV in regard to Sasquatch. This is a deeply personal account both at the level of the writer and the witness who is sharing an incredible story. Read it with your mind open and that mind just might change before you are done.
Tymothy
Aug 07, 2014 Tymothy rated it really liked it
This was an incredible story. Whether you are a skeptic, believer or somewhere in-between, this is a must-read book if you want to feed your inner bigfoot fan. It made me wish I had the means to pick up and head out to as many rumored sites as possible and just hang out at each for a few months to a year.
Douglas Tanner
Apr 05, 2013 Douglas Tanner rated it liked it
Cryptozoologist Autumn Williams was contacted by a man in Florida claiming to be a "habituator" - someone who has on-going interactions with Bigfoot - and this began a series of communications between the man and Williams. Enoch is the result. It is the purported true story of the man's interactions and, dare say, friendship with a Bigfoot creature.

There is a Bigfoot burial scene toward the end of the book that is very interesting, and that I drew from when describing a Bigfoot burial scene in A
Jeanne
Feb 06, 2015 Jeanne rated it really liked it
A fascinating and unforgettable story. I just don't know if it is true. I think that may be the reason it is so fascinating.
raymond
Feb 25, 2016 raymond rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally!

Finally a bigfoot book that speaks the truth! One of the most interesting things I've ever read!!! An amazing story to say the least
Samantha
Mar 11, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing
What a fascinating read. Everything this witness said was pretty much spot on on what I thought a Sasquatch to be all along: namely, a highly intelligent, family-oriented, primate.
And there's so much more.... The author is just incredible.

I highly recommend this book, even to non-believers. It's just that good.
Sheila K
Feb 01, 2013 Sheila K rated it it was amazing
This is an incredible story, about the Florida "Swamp Ape" AKA "Bigfoot." The writer, is very skilled, and the story very believable and intriguing. A must read for any reader who enjoys cryptozoology or dares believe of "The Men Who Live in the Mountains."
Skye
Jun 22, 2014 Skye rated it really liked it
a good story but no evidence. I get why no evidence was provided but for what it is without anything to back it up just makes for a good story.
Jared
Apr 22, 2013 Jared rated it it was amazing
It is a great book. #jameskotsifas
Irla Hanum
gdtsty
Lorraine Walker
Lorraine Walker marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
William G Harris III
William G Harris III rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2016
danny kelly
danny kelly rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Heather Mcclesket
Heather Mcclesket rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Matt
Matt rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Nemesiano Torrevillas
Nemesiano Torrevillas marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Tuviluv
Tuviluv marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Laurel
Laurel rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

“If you look for Bigfoot, don’t be surprised if you find yourself in the process.” 0 likes