Start by marking “Smooch Your Pooch” as Want to Read:
Smooch Your Pooch

Smooch Your Pooch

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  26 reviews
A rollicking rhyme for every dog lover!

"Get out your fiddle and play a sweet song.
Musical pups will love howling along.

There are so many wonderful things you can do
for the four-legged friend who's so loyal to you."

Funny and sweet, this rhyming ode to dogs reminds us to show our love every day-in small ways, in silly ways, in soft and warm and wise ways. With loose, active
Published October 1st 2010 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Smooch Your Pooch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smooch Your Pooch

Brittany Perry
My son asked for this book to be read three times in a row when we first got it. Since he is three I can honestly tell you this is a captivating book for children who love animals. He paid attention to it because the illustrations were something he could relate to and it wasn't too wordy for his age group a perfect book for young readers of the toddler age two thumbs up from my son and a big thank you to the author from me for creating a such a likeable book.
Laura Pharis
This could potentially be a good book to help students with rhyming words when they are being introduced. They would be engaged in the story because many can probably relate to having a dog (or pet of some sort) or being around one. I was not a huge fan of the illustrations, but they weren't terrible.
Melissa
Fun, if silly, rhymes. The illustrations were personally not my favorite.
Crystal
Ok. Some people might think that this book is cute, adorable, and for complete dog-lovers. But, if you are a SMART dog lover, you would hate this book. This book is about kissing and hugging your dog anytime. Even though dogs are friendly animals, they would HATE this. You would make them feel annoyed or frightened. Also, on another page, it says: Or better yet, pizza. He'd sure like a nibble. SERIOUSLY?! Onions and garlic are toxic to dogs... If you think my opinion is too serious, sure. But I' ...more
Melanie, Aaron, Annie, and Mary Project
Read by: Melanie
Genre: Poetry
Author: Teddy Slater Illustrator: Arthur Howard
Interest Level: PreK-3
Grade Level Equivalent: N/A
DRA: N/A
Lexile: N/A

Rhyming book about loving and taking care of your pooch. This book talks about all the things you can do for your four legged best friend to keep him active and happy. Play fetch, rub his belly and feed him of course. A fun way to teach your students about the responsibilities that having a pet can bring, but also the joys while working on rhymes.
Tricia
This book shares ideas of what one may do with their dog. While I wouldn't incorporate into storytime for pool of better choices in the dog theme and structure of the text "Dog's Colorful Day" & "Officer Buckle and Gloria" as examples), this may be a good one for parents who have added a dog to the family and want to share appropriate understanding of the animal's behavior and preferences.
Angie
I'd never heard of this book but picked it up at the bookfair. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute ... most definitely if you are a dog lover but for just about anyone else as well.

Adorable illustrations.

RHYMING book that "works" and doesn't sound forced.

"So, if he's your buddy,
just let him get muddy."

But the illustrations are really the best part.
Kasandra B.
Just read an article that AVSAB (American Vetrinary Society of Animal Behavior) released their statement on this book claiming that children are "children under the age of 10 are among those most commonly bitten by the dogs." So make sure to teach your children how to properly care for animals AND to be aware of strange animals nearby.
Cute book about all the fun things you can do with your dog. Though I love dog books, this just lacked a little spark. It is nice and cute, and I'd reccomend it, but I'm not sure if I'd read it out loud for storytime, it kind of drags.
Taylor Brune
This is another cute book that would be beneficial when talking about rhyming and poetry. Many students would relate to this story because they have animals at home. After reading this story, students could write about their own pet.
Keeko
This book made me smile from cover to cover, and every time I think of it. I don't think it's a spoiler to say it's going to make you want to hug a dog, or a very nice person with good dog qualities.
Dona
Smooch your pooch is just one of the many cute rhyming phrases in the book "Smooch your Pooch." A really adorable book for any child but especially the dog-loving, pet-owning type.
Nancy Jo Lambert
I was looking for a dog book to use as a read aloud, and I can assure you it will not be this one. Not a great book or a great dog book.
Sandybear76
Cute book. Disappointed that the fuzzy texture of the front cover is not anywhere inside the book. good illustrations.
Natasha
Fun ideas of what to do with your best four-legged buddy presented in bouncy rhymes and energetic, large illustrations.
Michelle
Too long, it's like rather than be productive it is just trying to fill up the pages.
Lauri Meyers
Five stars if you are getting a new puppy at your house. Perfect for a child with a dog.
Amanda Andrews
This was a cute book that has good rhyming words. It has lots of different dogs too!
Boni
The concept is cute, but the rhyme/ rhythm could have been better executed.
Class 305
Good book to practice rhyming with. I love animals so it easy cute to me.
Bob Barkly
My kid's current favorite book. Beautifully written and illustrated.
Heather
A good choice for dog lovers or for a dog-themed storytime.
Stefani
Fantastic for storytimes. A must-read for dog-lovers.
Syd
A sweet little poem book.
Ardis
very cute.
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lady and the Tramp (Disney: a Little Golden Book) Beauty and the Beast (Disney) Dumbo (Little Golden Book) Alice in Wonderland The Luckiest St. Patrick's Day Ever