Start by marking “Edge of Humanity” as Want to Read:
Edge of Humanity

Edge of Humanity

When someone you love leaves you to die, finding out why can be worse than death.

From the moment Kara plunged from the airship to escape nine years of slavery, she'd been locked in battle with her own mind. Something inside of her doesn't seem right. Confronted with too many unanswered questions, she wonders if her captors have damaged her in some unseen way.

Seeking answe
Kindle Edition
Published October 18th 2010 by Lyrical Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Humanity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Humanity

LynnMarie
Dec 13, 2010 LynnMarie rated it liked it
Hunter's Review

This book wasn’t at all what I expected. In a first person narrative, Kara begins a journey that takes her across the land and through parts of her mind she cannot explain. I wanted to relate to her more than I did. She’s confused, and rightly so considering what is going on with her, but that confusion was so focused, so prevalent in the story that her mind and emotions were all over the place, a difficult narrative for me to digest in the first person.

The places and descriptio
Evanne Lorraine
Nov 16, 2010 Evanne Lorraine rated it liked it
A thought provoking and unusual blend of fantasy and science fiction gave me a too brief glimpse into a strange world populated by familiar and alien life forms. I rated the novella three stars, though imaginative, I never connected with the first person narrator. I'll be watching for the next release from this author.
Nerine Dorman
Oct 21, 2010 Nerine Dorman rated it it was amazing
Step into a world where dodos and quaggas roam and biomechanical mages create biomechanoid devices that have a life of their own. Hone blends the magic of fantasy with the wonder of SF effortlessly, bringing us a bitter-sweet story of love lost and found, as Kara tries to untangle the twisted strands of her past after escaping the airship Husk.
Tahlia Newland
Nov 23, 2010 Tahlia Newland rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I liked this novella. The writing was engaging and the world Carol has created has some interesting elements and is quite unique - I loved the trinkologists and their trinkets. The question this book raises is what makes us human and the ending does make you think.

Jenika Snow
Jenika Snow rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2010
KevaD
KevaD rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2011
D.H. Starr
D.H. Starr rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2010
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2010
Liz
Liz added it
Oct 21, 2010
Rae
Rae marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2010
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2010
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2010
Vanessa Jaye
Vanessa Jaye marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2010
Pippa Jay
Pippa Jay marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2011
Claud
Claud marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2011
Purple_monkey
Purple_monkey marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
I live on the Sunshine Coast of Queensland, Australia, and have a absorbing passion for writing. My family get my attention in between the manic phases of writing that I go through. I even pat them sometimes. Luckily they don’t seem to mind eating takeaway food and dodging the rolling balls of hair and feathers that accumulate in our house due to the sixteen or so pets we own.

Unlike almost any oth