Start by marking “Picasso” as Want to Read:
Picasso

Picasso

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  11 reviews
«... a introdução definitiva ao alcance e à influência da obra de Picasso.»
The Times, Londres
740 pages
Published 1998 by TASCHEN

To ask other readers questions about Picasso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picasso

M
Nov 22, 2008 M rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: who likes Art History -Surrealism
Shelves: art
"I wanted to be a painter, I became Picasso" said Picasso. If you want to read one book about Picasso's life and career ( paintings, ceramics, graphic work, drawings and sculpture), this study is remarkable.
Arnoldo Garcia
Apr 30, 2009 Arnoldo Garcia rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: writers as a model for learning to re-write and use different techniques of imaginationings
Shelves: arte
Picasso said that at 8 years old he painted like Velazquez and when he was 60 or later he wanted to paint like a child. He was right: we are all born artists, but society, the socialization process that sews in class/gender/race in all its dimensions, takes it away from us. That's why there are Picasso's and the rest of us. The superman, the superpainter, the super is the result of the unsuper majorities. But that can and has changed. Discipline, imagination, hard work, resources to be able to m ...more
Seth
Absolutely fantastic biography and history of Picasso. If you're look for a thorough, in-depth look at his work and how each movement came about, this is the place to start. 2 volumes, gorgeous pictures.
Cathy I
Lots of great paintings that I hadn't seen before and lots more information about his life. In-depth information about Guernica which I need.
Apryl Anderson
This was a super overview of Picasso's life & work. The color reproductions are very good.
Marie
Beautiful two-book compilation of Picasso's work and detailed information on individual works.
Teddy Farias
it's OK. contains many pix. describes only some art works but leaves other pieces unexplained
Taylor W. Rushing
Bold and in-depth depiction of his work. Gotta love the rose period.
Diogo
Picasso (25 Spring) by Ingo F Walther (2007)
Mark
Text: three stars and a half.
Illustrations: six.
Awas1
read or dowanlode
Derren
Derren marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
marie p.
marie p. marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Sixto Cricri
Sixto Cricri marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Hassan
Hassan marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
  • Salvador Dali
  • A Life of Picasso: The Triumphant Years: 1917-1932 (Vol 3)
  • Collected Stories by Gabriel Garcia Marquez | Summary & Study Guide
  • The Creativity Book: A Year's Worth of Inspiration and Guidance
  • Kandinsky
  • Portrait of Picasso as a Young Man
  • Neruda and Vallejo: Selected Poems
  • Henri Matisse (Big Art)
  • Marc Chagall, 1887-1985: Painting as Poetry
  • Hopper
  • Japanese Prints
  • Antoni Gaudi
  • Through the Flower: My Struggle as a Woman Artist
Theatre D'Amour De Stijl (Big Series) Becker. Decorative Arts from the Middle Ages to Renaissance Bavaria Sancta, Heiliges Bayern: Die Altbayerischen Patrone Aus Der Heiligengeschichte Des Matthaeus Rader Sprechende Bilder, Sichtbare Worte: Das Bildverstandnis In Der Fruhen Neuzeit (Wolfenbutteler Forschungen) (German Edition)