Start by marking “Essentials Of Organizational Behavior” as Want to Read:
Essentials Of Organizational Behavior

Essentials Of Organizational Behavior

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  230 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
This introduction to the field of organizational behaviour condenses the essential topics into a tightly focused presentation. Its concise format makes it a viable alternative to a core textbook, and an ideal vehicle to be combined with cases, readings, and experimental materials. The entire text has been updated. New examples have been added and the referencing of researc ...more
Published May 1st 2000 by Prentice Hall (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Essentials Of Organizational Behavior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Essentials Of Organizational Behavior

SaЯRah Muhammad
Great book, easy read. Like the examples given and topics covered. Very applicable to business world.
Text book is surprisingly small.

Dec 24, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mba, 2011
Lots of good information in this book - the style is pretty easy to read, but the chapters are very dense. Highly recommend getting the VangoNotes audiobook (for 9th ed) to go along with the reading. Listening to the chapter overview before diving into the written text made it much easier to understand, and the audiobook did have some clarifying examples that weren't in the text.
Rifky Ferdiansyah
Sebenarnya saya membaca buku ini dengan pengarang yang sama tapi cover yang berbeda. Tapi isinya kemungkinan sih gitu2 aja. Daripada tergeletak begitu saja, akhirnya buku ini saya baca dari pinjaman housemate saya yang memang jurusan Management. Bagus dan mudah dipahami. Buku ini sangat membantu saya waktu mendesign struktur sebuah organisasi yang sadang saya pimpin agar bisa nantinya dapat bejalan efektif dan effisien. Buku ini juga yang awalnya memperkenalkan saya dengan teori Freud. Memikat d ...more
Tania
May 26, 2015 Tania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This text was assigned for my Organizational Behavior course. I was surprised at how small it was, however it covers all the relevant material. The chapters are well organized and flow between topics. Examples provided are interesting, and overall this was an easy text to get through.
Brandon Mimick
May 30, 2016 Brandon Mimick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
My inner-nerd came out on this one. I enjoyed the wide range of information provided on fostering organizational behavior which will have a better chance of producing both a desired culture and desired results.
Minthang
Very readable book for the uninitiated.
Nicole
While it'd be difficult to give a star rating to a textbook since I'm not sure anyone really "loves" reading a textbook, as far as textbooks go, this one was pretty decent. The chapters were organized well and kept to about 15 pages each which was a welcome change from textbooks with 20, 30 or even 40 pages per chapter. Also, I figure if I had to read it for the class I'm teaching, it might as well count towards my reading goal for the year! :)
Brian Ridge
Very informative. Great book for new and experienced managers. Can do without the new editions every year though.
Kokopelli's Flute
If this textbook was not required for the course, I would not have read it. Yes, it covers all the basics and is useful to some extent to gain knowledge on an area one is unfamiliar with, but it is so dry, so dull, and too basic. I do understand though that the key concepts touched upon in this book as well as the course are important for managers and leaders to keep in mind as they manage/lead their teams.
Brianna
Jan 19, 2012 Brianna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
I'm actually reading this for school. It's a good text. I'm pretty interested in the business aspects of psychology and this area, organizational behavior, is a fun one for me. It's a pretty easy read as far as grad school text books go.
Mohamed Magdy
May 04, 2016 Mohamed Magdy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thtr
t34t34
Kirill Karpov
Oct 29, 2012 Kirill Karpov rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book of condensed knowledge on subject, although it's tense and not easy to read. I recommend everyone who manages people to read it.
Monica
Jun 19, 2011 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for school work. Wonderful reference book.
Sam
i havent finish it yet!
Jim
Sep 05, 2010 Jim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Textbook, enough said.
Brian Keefe
Brian Keefe rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2016
Barascu
Barascu is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2016
David
David added it
Jun 04, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Kenneth Chan
Kenneth Chan marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Aamir
Aamir is currently reading it
May 29, 2016
Nusrat
Nusrat marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Siddharth
Siddharth marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
eunice cabrera
eunice cabrera marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
mercy
mercy is currently reading it
May 21, 2016
Higino Uahi
Higino Uahi marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Mohammed Alzahrani
Mohammed Alzahrani is currently reading it
May 16, 2016
Deuvni
Deuvni marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
  • The Individual In A Social World: Essays and Experiments
  • Believing in Magic: The Psychology of Superstition
  • Lonely Planets: The Natural Philosophy of Alien Life
  • Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications
  • Defining Moments: When Managers Must Choose Between Right and Right
  • Ecstasy: The Complete Guide: A Comprehensive Look at the Risks and Benefits of MDMA
  • The Straight Girl's Guide to Sleeping with Chicks
  • Cultures and Organizations: Software of the Mind
  • Management of Organizational Behavior: Utilizing Human Resources
  • Behind the Shock Machine: The Untold Story of the Notorious Milgram Psychology Experiments
  • Marketing Research: An Applied Orientation
  • Helping Children Succeed: What Works and Why
  • The Official Guide for GMAT Review
  • The Threesome Handbook: Make the Most of Your Favorite Fantasy - the Ultimate Guide for Tri-Curious Singles and Couples
  • Evaluation: A Systematic Approach
  • Ship It!
  • Counterclockwise: Mindful Health and the Power of Possibility
  • Cracking the GMAT with DVD, 2008 Edition (Graduate School Test Preparation)