Start by marking “Too Sinful To Deny (Scoundrels & Secrets, #2)” as Want to Read:
Too Sinful To Deny (Scoundrels & Secrets, #2)

Too Sinful To Deny (Scoundrels & Secrets #2)

One look at the towering ocean-side manor that is to be her new home, and exiled socialite Susan Stanton knows: This is a place haunted by secrets, and riddled with menace.

For Susan, there is no escaping it. At best she can stay clear of the most dangerous element of all--dark-haired smuggler Evan Bothwick, a man whose shaded countenance cannot hide his wicked intent.

But

Published April 5th 2011 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Too Sinful To Deny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Sinful To Deny

Sandra
Jun 13, 2011 Sandra rated it really liked it
I love gothic romances, especially ones with ocean side manors and smugglers! So I was really happy to win this book in a Goodreads giveaway. I found it a very fun read!

London socialite Susan Stanton is banished from town by her parents for acting improperly and is sent to visit her relatives, whom she's never met, at Moonseed Manor in Bournemouth. While there she meets a very strange assortment of characters--the "scarecrow" butler, the "porcelain doll" and "witch" that work in the dress shop,
Linda
Jun 27, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
A Fun Gothic Paranormal Romance with Sexy Smugglers and a Spooky Manor!

"I have to find a missing person."
"A missing person?" Susan leaned forward. How romantic! This explained his mercurial moods. And why he was equally averse to being sighted along with Susan. "Who is she? Where do you think she went? Why do you think she left?"
"Not a she." He drained his brandy. "And I doubt he had much choice in the matter. He's dead."
"You lost a dead person?" she echoed, fingers gripping her knees in hor
Charline Ratcliff
Jun 18, 2012 Charline Ratcliff rated it really liked it
I just finished reading “Too Sinful To Deny” by romance novelist Erica Ridley. While I’m not an avid romance reader and I wasn’t sure what to expect from Ridley, having never read her works before, I am however glad that I read it.

Susan Stanton, our damsel in distress, has been banished to a remote manor located on the side of a massive cliff overlooking the ocean because her socialite parents find her too inquisitive for her own good and their social standing. Even before Susan settles in she m
jo_t
Apr 07, 2011 jo_t rated it it was amazing
Too engaging to put down.

Susan is banished by her aristocratical parents, who are tired of her misbehaving. She goes from being the darling of London to the unwanted newcomer in the gloomy coastal town of Bournemouth. The place is inhabited by pirates, smugglers, ghosts, villains, and a few unfortunate victims. There are also the town’s dressmakers, who are an interesting pair. According to Susan, the Witch and the Porcelain Doll own the Dress Shop of Iniquity.

Susan is a different kind of heroin
Jenn
Dec 04, 2010 Jenn rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the author, who does happen to be a friend of mine. My review is unbiased, however.

I enjoyed Erica's first book, Too Wicked to Kiss. I'm not a big fan of historicals, but that one was well-written with a hint of paranormal. I was amused by the character, Susan, in that book, so was curious as to how her story would turn out.

I LOVED Susan! Her quirks, expressions, busy-bodyness (is that a word lol?), thought processes. My favorite books tend to be paranormal romantic comedi
Chris
Apr 05, 2011 Chris rated it it was amazing
Spoiled Socialite Susan Stanton finds herself exiled by her parents to her cousins home in the tiny coastal town of Bournemouth. Susan, use to getting her way with the Stanton name, plots to escape the suffering Bournemouth. She quickly finds herself in danger unsure of her escape. Evan Bothwick has escaped the frivalties of London to his seaside home in Bournemouth for the secret and exciting life of a smuggler. After meeting the unpredictable Miss Stanton, Ethan finds their paths unexpectedly ...more
Amanda Sebert
Jun 17, 2011 Amanda Sebert rated it it was amazing
This was a first reads win and I was totally taken by it. Although it had a gothic feel to it; edgy, mysterious, haunting, sexy, it also was a sweet, romantic story that shows that chivalry does exist...or did at one time. The quirkiness, the pride, the good, the bad and the indifferent of the two main characters, Susan Stanton and Evan Bothwick, are so endearing I couldn't help but adore them both immediately, as well as root for them until the very end.
Sep 14, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok
This book was a disappointment after reading Erica Ridley's other book Too Wicked To Kiss. I thought that Too Wicked To Kiss was great. This book just didn't hold my interest as much & I really didn't get into the mystery of the story either. I just really didn't care enough about the characters to push myself to finish the book. Hopefully any future books by Erica Ridley will be better than this one was.
Jun 15, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, owned
This was a first reads win and I absolutely adored it! There was enough intrigue, mystery, scandal and romance to keep it balanced and interesting. Susan is a strong willed character who grows as the story evolves. Evan is a swash-buckling smuggler who gets more and more endearing as he grows with the story. Loved the ending!
Wendy
Apr 14, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing
I've never been a 'gothic' romance reader but after seeing a blog which this was featured, I decided to try it. I must say, you don't have to read the first "Too Wicked to Kiss" but it does help. Overall a great story, and I will definately be looking for her next book to come out!
Vina
Jan 24, 2012 Vina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ericaridley
Fun and interisting , remind me to my fav series "ghost whisperer"

setiap membalik bab berikutnya ada kejutan kecil
dari cerita yang awalnya datar-datar saja
makin baca makin seru ^o^

lumayan mengobati kebosanan abis baca SL :p
Eva Tw
Feb 02, 2012 Eva Tw rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nih buku emang rada lain daripada yg lain. Baru kali ini aku baca HR yg ada mistisnya. Agak aneh juga saat tau si tokoh perempuan bisa melihat arwah orang yg sudah mati. Tapi ini justru bikin seru en sekaligus lucu.
Selain itu cukup hot juga jadiiii...lumayanlaaaaah...
Heather
Jul 10, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2012
the first 1/5th of the book was good, but I wasn't sure I was going to take to the heroine, but then the book took off and was entertaining.
Joanna Spence
Aug 30, 2011 Joanna Spence rated it really liked it
I loved how the author had suspense, mystery, and love all rolled up into one...I had trouble putting the book down, cause I was so ready to see what happened next...
Jeanette
Aug 31, 2011 Jeanette rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Absolutely delish! This book had a little bit of everything. Intrigue (PIRATES!), romance, naughtiness, ghosts, grave digging. Yeah, worth the read!
Mia
Feb 08, 2017 Mia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diawal cerita agak malas untuk membacanya tp untungnya lama kelamaan ceritanya makin menarik untuk dibaca.sayangnya penggambaran karakter utama wanitanya nggak konsisten.diawal cerita si wanita digambarkan sebagai karakter yg cerdas,berpendirian kuat,berkemauan keras untuk mencapai tujuannya.tapi lama kelamaan berubah jadi wanita manja,merendahkan orang disekitarnya,lebih memikirkan status sosialnya dan bagaimana caranya bergosip daripada menyelamatkan sepupunya yg disiksa.untungnya diseparuh ak ...more
Margaret
Feb 05, 2017 Margaret rated it did not like it
DNF. I started it two times and found it too difficult to get into. The "ghost" in the beginning made no sense. I read the ending and it still all was not my taste.
Paranormal Romance
Banished to the country side, the heroine is furious with her parents for doing this cruel thing to her. She's used to the hustle and bustle of London, where everyone knows her name and the Stanton title amounts to much more than just passing fancy. She arrives at the dark and gloomy castle to discover her cousin, the woman her parents have sent her to stay with has been dead for a year. Instead, she's now under the care of her cousins larger and intimating husband and his creepy butler. Now, th ...more
Netha
nih novel dibilang jelek tapi lumayan bagus, dibilang bagus tapi kok ya rada bikin puyeng...hhhhhhhhhh sulit sulit (hehehehehehe sok penting aja :p)

bercerita ttg miss susan stanton yg ga kenal takut sama sekali.
setelah melanggar larangan ke 2 orang tuanya, pergi ke sungai thames sendirian, mengakibatkan tangannya patah & tenggelam, membuat susan dihukum, banished form london to Moonseed Manor in coastal Bournemouth, tempat sepupu ayahnya, lady bourne.
lha begitu sampai sana bukannya bertemu
Patricia
Jan 07, 2017 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many twists and turns in the mystery! Very good read.
Laura Greenwood

Title: Too Sinful to Deny
Series: Scoundrels & Secrets (#2)
Author: Erica Ridley
From: Netgalley
Genre: Historical Romance
Release Date: 19th July 2016
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 New Release Challenge, Summer COYER 2016, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): TOO TEMPTING TO OBJECT...One look at the towering ocean-side manor that is to be her new home, and exiled soci
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Too Sinful To Deny is a delightfully intriguing Gothic-like Historical Romance. To be completely fair to all readers, this title was originally published in 2011 so it is possible that you have read an earlier edition of this story.

Susan has been banished to the countryside after an incident in London. A pampered, slightly spoiled young lady, Susan is accustomed to using her family name to make what she wants happen – unfortunately for her, the family name means noth
Krystal
I've read a few paranormal stories in my time, but this was the first novel I've read where the heroine can see and speak to ghosts, so it was interesting to see how these "secondary" (aka dead) characters played a role in the overall story.

And while the story was on the whole an interesting one, there were a few times that I felt it became confusing, as though the author still wasn't certain in what direction she wanted to take things. This wasn't a same Susan that I remembered from Too Wicked
ൠSinful
I'm normally not into historical romance- way more interested in erotica, so I am impressed with how much I enjoyed this story.

She is a curious debutante who gets herself in trouble. Her parents have sent her to her cousin's home as a result of her latest escapade which resulted in her own near death experience.

She arrives in the tiny coastal town to discover her cousin seems to be missing, it looks like her aunt may have been murdered years earlier, she can see ghosts and the ghosts are hauntin
bookaholic ge
After repeatedly getting into trouble over and over again Susan has finally pushed her parents past the point of return....because they literally...won't let her return! Susan gets banished to the spooky home of a very very very distant cousin and somehow still finds herself jumping straight out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Luckily for her Evan steps in and just may be able to save her after he figures out just what happened to his brother.

Can Evan help keep Susan safe all while trying t
Lexie
Oct 28, 2010 Lexie rated it it was amazing
Prelim Review: I adored Ridley's first gothic historical romance "Too Wicked to Kiss" and was eagerly awaiting this next book (which features the cousin of the main characters in Too Wicked). It did not disappoint at all!

Gothic romances and me have a sort of love/hate relationship, and make no mistake this is definitely a gothic romance. There are more dead bodies in this book then eligible bachelors--and there's about twice as many suspicious characters besides! Susan was quirky, curious and de
Margaret Sholders
I am hooked on Erica's books. Her story lines flow smoothly. This book was a bit different. She has put a lot of spoilers and twists to switch up her story. Susan is banished to a far away forgotten cousin to stay. She is curious and of course gets into trouble. Be prepared for some ghosts to add in a paranormal touch. She meets Evan who helps her to stay out of trouble-NOT! There are smugglers, ghosts and a town who hates her butting into their lives. I liked this story but it jumped back and f ...more
Monique Daoust
Thank goodness, this is a reissue from 2011! I am a huge fan of Ms. Ridley’s Dukes of War series, and TOO SINFUL TO DENY is quite different. Let’s say, it’s valuable in judging how much Ms. Ridley has improved her craft.

First of all, I am not a fan of the paranormal element, but that is not the author’s fault. Unfortunately, I found the main characters Susan and Evan flat, very two-dimensional, whereas some of the secondary characters were so over the top, as to be cartoonish, and the writing w
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Too Sinful to Deny' by Erica Ridley is book two in the "Scoundrels & Secrets" series. This is the story of Susan Stanton and Evan Bothwick.
This is another great book with a Gothic theme by Ms. Ridley. It also another one that hooks you in fast. Susan is being to stay at the towering side manor because of her parents and what Susan ability to see ghost. But when Susan gets there she knows she has a lot of danger lurking around and most of it will be because of Evan. But can she fight the fe
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 02:05PM
  • Love's Revenge
  • The Rake and the Wallflower
  • Star Crossed Seduction (Astrology, #2)
  • An Angel for the Earl
  • The Price of Temptation
  • Shades of the Past
  • A Regency Invitation To The House Party Of The Season
  • The Phantom Lover
  • The Tutor
  • The Millionaire Rogue (The Hope Diamond Trilogy, #2)
  • How to Build the Perfect Rake
  • Moonlight Rebel (Moonlight, #1)
  • A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise  (Bride Train, #2)
  • A Knight of Honor
  • A Flirtatious Rendezvous (The Gentlemen Next Door, #4)
  • Anne's Perfect Husband (Sinclair Bride, #2)
  • Angel of Fire
  • Forever After
Get freebies and 99¢ deals at: http://ericaridley.com/club99

Erica Ridley is a USA Today and New York Times best-selling author of historical romance novels.

In her new Rogues to Riches historical romance series, sigh-worthy Regency rogues sweep strong-willed young ladies into whirlwind romance with rollicking adventure.

Fan-favorite Dukes of War features charming peers and dashing war heroes who re
More about Erica Ridley...

Scoundrels & Secrets (3 books)
  • Too Wicked To Kiss (Scoundrels & Secrets, #1)
  • Dark Surrender (Scoundrels & Secrets, #3)

“Moonseed Manor did not look like a place to live. Moonseed Manor looked like a place to die.” 2 likes
“She would've made an excellent pirate.” 0 likes