Start by marking “Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love & War, #4)” as Want to Read:
Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love & War #4)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  1,235 ratings  ·  64 reviews
In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

Published March 1st 2011 by VIZ Media (first published September 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Library Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Library Wars

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 07 by Jun MochizukiBlack Butler, Vol. 6 by Yana TobosoDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaChobits, Vol. 05 by CLAMPKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Best Manga Covers
337th out of 447 books — 125 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Help by Kathryn StockettDivergent by Veronica Roth
2012: What women born in the '80's have read so far
387th out of 1,015 books — 141 voters

More lists with this book...

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru

Iku and Commander Inamine are abducted by Bakushu-kai terrorists, who demand sensitive material from the library's protected collection in return for the hostages! Dojo is worried about Iku, his problem student with limited field experience. But what Iku lacks in training she more than makes up for in gumption, and she is not going to let library material go without a fight!

My Thoughts:

Iku handles herself really well in the hostage incident. We also get a flashback from Dojo that confir
Kristine Pratt
I don't know which are more terrifying - Iku's parents or murderous kidnapping terrorists? The adventure continues and we find out the truth about Iku's "prince" - which we all saw coming but don't mind anyway. :)
Officially obsessed with this series! *-*
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: next in the series.

Ahhhhh. This is my favourite volume in the series so far! The Commander of the library forces is kidnapped by the terrorists who want sensitive library material in exchange for his return. The Commander is in a wheelchair and Iku is right beside him when the kidnapping happens so she jumps in along with them saying she will look after the Commander. An exciting situation, with secret maneuvers and a final battle that leads us only to the middle of the book!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Okay I don't know what else to say. Later on in this one, it got adorable. Also what's with puppies in anime and manga? They just so cute. Maybe its the expressions or how they drawn. Also you can't help but have a big smile on your face. Oh and more moments with Iku and Dojo. And the puppy.

Sorry gushing too much there. Anyway, I loved this volume. It had lots of moments of cute, but moments where you're like, this was good and awww. Ah right, good volume. Love that cover!
We have confirmation on the identity of 'The Prince' yes it was obvious, but you never know for sure. More guns, more bullets flying in the library, more library fun. I enjoyed it chuckled and went immediate;y to book 5
Ivana Ciglar

"Courage comes naturally to her." - Dojo (about Kasahara)

Woohoo, this keeps getting better and better by the turn of the page. Not only does the romance progresses nicely but the action is getting better and more frequent. Hooray ;)

Commander Inamine and Iku Kasahara were abducted by the Bahushu terrorists after the funeral while the rest of the Library forces were dealing with the retrieval of the documents from the recently deceased owner of a famous museum.

Inamine quietly went with the abduct
Kasahara & General Inamine are rescued from the pro-censorship group Bakushu by the Library Task Force without casualties & Dojo & his team celebrate their return. On the way to the rescue, Dojo's thoughts reveal he is Kasahara's "prince" who saved her from the pro-censorship forces 5 years ago. (I mean, you probably figured that out a few issues ago, but it is nice to see his POV for once.) The happiness is short-lived though when Kasahara's parents come to visit & her colleague ...more
Good grief these are just too freaking adorable. Honestly, I am not even that big of a fan of shogo, but holy crap. These characters are just too cute for words.

Are they that original?

Are the fluffy scenarios that original?

But the dystopian universe is! And that plus the humor makes this manga great!
Judy (Geeky Reading)

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

(Contains spoilers.)

I kind of love this series. I was really not expecting this series to be so good, but it is. The humor is perfect for me, the relationships and characters are great. It’s just such a pleasant surprise. I don’t know how long it’ll take me to catch up, but I’m definitely working on it.

This volume continues where the last one ended, with Iku and the Commander being kidnapped. I’m not going to spoil what happens, but it was handled re
Sarah Maddaford
Having seen the 12 episode anime series since reading the first three novels, there are a couple key differences between the two. For one, the two kids fighting against the parents' group trying to take their books away are not in the anime. This means that the picture of Iku at that meeting is not the one she is trying to hide from her parents. Also, and a much bigger spoiler for this volume: Dojo's point-of-view is rarely shown in the anime. We never see how he saw Iku on the day he saved her ...more
In this volume, Iku manages to send a message to Library headquarters in code to tell them where she and the Director are being held. So they are quickly saved. It is finally revealed (although I guessed a few volumes ago) that Dojo is Iku's mysterious prince from a few years ago, that saved her in the bookstore and rescued her book from the MBC. It turns out he was punished severely for what he did, and when he saw her a few years later at the interview to get into training for the Task Force, ...more
Ok so I get why Iku was mad but at the same time i get why Dojo did what he did because Iku is just well reckless. She put herself in danger when she didn’t have to. The thing is she was so brave to just put herself in a situation where she could potentially be hurt or worse. then to see Dojo worried but not able to show it. It makes me want to jump into the book and be like he loves you! to Iku. Then Dojo he calls Iku an idiot but I’m like She loves you. It’s just Dojo is always calling her an ...more
I love how Dojo has to deal with putting Iku in more danger instead of keeping her out of danger. Iku herself has some revelations about her feelings toward her "evil supervisor" - I really love how this kidnapping has caused some reality checks for our characters. I love how the library team got around the MBC!

Loved Dojo's words to Iku, you love a man who can admit he's wrong and how Komaki kept Tezuka from interrupting them. Haha. This was the best possible ending without getting out of charac
I think this has to be my most favorite volume in the whole series. I love how in this volume we see how Dojo really does seem to care for Iku. Not to mention that there was also a funny bar scene that I just couldn't seem to stop laughing at. Even after I finished the manga. To put it simply it was a real joy to read.
Stewart Tame
Still kind of digging this series. Not sure how seriously I take the whole, "We have to pretend I have a boring, safe desk job while my parents visit," thing. I suppose I've read more outlandish plots in my day ...
This is such a fun series! I loved this volume especially, as the romance is finally starting to bloom and Iku FINALLY realized exactly who Dojo is. This series also makes me extremely happy for no apparent reason.
After that cliff-hanger ending last volume, I was glad to see that the intensity never let up. Also, I found out who Iku's Prince was (and I was totally RIGHT!) which was sweet. Also, the romantic tension heats-up a bit, but there is still no pay-off (but it was close there for a second). A visit by Iku's parents (who don't get her at all and don't know that she is a member of the Task Force) make things tense there.

Finally, I love the little cute bonus manga stories at the end of each volume.
Astrid Yrigollen
In this episode we see what we all suspected about Dojo and the identity of " The Prince".
The love story is moving along slowly and we are introduced to new characters.
Nicole Webster
Loving this series! While sometimes I must admit Iku drives me nuts with her over reacting... but I can't put the books down.
This is my current favorite ongoing manga series. I love the concept, and the way the issues with censorship are presented do not bog down the story. It’s a little more action oriented than many shojo manga, but this suits both the plot and the combination of drama and comedy. I love the characters. The core cast is incredibly engaging, and their dynamics make for both great comedy and great drama. There are currently six volumes released in North America. The seventh volume is due out in early ...more
The reader finally gets the "official" story of Iku's prince and of course it is more funny than romantic! Iku and Dojo share more precious moments together but of course nothing comes of it! :-) When Iku's parents visit, we learn more about her past- however we also see insights with Dojo.
This continues to entertain me. I think Yumi's hints, teases, and ultimate reveals shows her skill with soap opera storytelling. The characters are still likeable, funny, and stereotypically set in their ways
I love the library politics, but the way Iku is treated bothers me.
Alex Divergent
By far the best manga series ever!!!!
Worth reading it!
4.5 Stars
Review to come
Oct 08, 2014 Sophie added it
It was good...
I'd say it's more like 3.5 stars for me. I am enjoying the humor of these manga. The story over 4 volumes so far, has become more character-driven than I thought it would at first. It's an enjoyable little romance, for all that there are some elements that strike me as inappropriate, I guess owing to cultural norms. But, I will keep reading them. I know Iku will continue to entertain me. And I have come to enjoy Komaki's sideline commentary quite a lot too.
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 3
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 3
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 03 (Dawn of the Arcana, #3)
  • Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 2
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 5
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 3
  • フラワーコミックス [Black Bird, Vol. 11]
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 3 (Mixed Vegetables, #3)

Library Wars: Love & War (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 01 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 02  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 03 (Library Wars: Love & War #3)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 7 (Library Wars: Love & War, #7)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 8 (Library Wars: Love & War, #8)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 9 (Library Wars: Love & War, #9)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 10 (Library Wars: Love & War, #10)
  • 図書館戦争 LOVE&WAR 11
Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 01 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 02  (Library Wars: Love & War #2) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 03 (Library Wars: Love & War #3) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)