Start by marking “Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 4 (Library Wars: Love & War, #4)” as Want to Read:
Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 4 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 4 (Library Wars: Love & War #4)

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,413 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

Published March 1st 2011 by VIZ Media (first published September 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Library Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Library Wars

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 07 by Jun MochizukiBlack Butler, Vol. 6 by Yana TobosoDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaKimi ni Todoke by Karuho ShiinaBlack Butler, Vol. 1 by Yana Toboso
Best Manga Covers
374th out of 484 books — 150 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Help by Kathryn StockettDivergent by Veronica Roth
2012: What women born in the '80's have read so far
382nd out of 979 books — 143 voters

More lists with this book...

Merb
Jan 25, 2016 Merb rated it liked it
"Isn't it a bit sad that I can't be myself with my own parents?"

Summary
This volume finished off the story from the last volume, and then continued on with another story that will continue into the next volume.

Story/plot
I had a few problems with this volume. I hoped by now the side characters would have more involvement in the story. With a story like this, I just don't enjoy it as much if the focus is primarily on two characters. It doesn't let the story live up to its true potential. Of course
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Iku and Commander Inamine are abducted by Bakushu-kai terrorists, who demand sensitive material from the library's protected collection in return for the hostages! Dojo is worried about Iku, his problem student with limited field experience. But what Iku lacks in training she more than makes up for in gumption, and she is not going to let library material go without a fight!

My Thoughts:

Iku handles herself really well in the hostage incident. We also get a flashback from Dojo that confir
Kristine Hansen
Oct 07, 2015 Kristine Hansen rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I don't know which are more terrifying - Iku's parents or murderous kidnapping terrorists? The adventure continues and we find out the truth about Iku's "prince" - which we all saw coming but don't mind anyway. :)
Farhin
Oct 21, 2012 Farhin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-wars
Officially obsessed with this series! *-*
Nicola Mansfield
Apr 03, 2011 Nicola Mansfield rated it it was amazing
Reason for Reading: next in the series.

Ahhhhh. This is my favourite volume in the series so far! The Commander of the library forces is kidnapped by the terrorists who want sensitive library material in exchange for his return. The Commander is in a wheelchair and Iku is right beside him when the kidnapping happens so she jumps in along with them saying she will look after the Commander. An exciting situation, with secret maneuvers and a final battle that leads us only to the middle of the book!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Dec 27, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it it was amazing
Okay I don't know what else to say. Later on in this one, it got adorable. Also what's with puppies in anime and manga? They just so cute. Maybe its the expressions or how they drawn. Also you can't help but have a big smile on your face. Oh and more moments with Iku and Dojo. And the puppy.

Sorry gushing too much there. Anyway, I loved this volume. It had lots of moments of cute, but moments where you're like, this was good and awww. Ah right, good volume. Love that cover!
Yodamom
Feb 14, 2014 Yodamom rated it really liked it
We have confirmation on the identity of 'The Prince' yes it was obvious, but you never know for sure. More guns, more bullets flying in the library, more library fun. I enjoyed it chuckled and went immediate;y to book 5
Ivana Ciglar
Jan 08, 2015 Ivana Ciglar rated it it was amazing

"Courage comes naturally to her." - Dojo (about Kasahara)

Woohoo, this keeps getting better and better by the turn of the page. Not only does the romance progresses nicely but the action is getting better and more frequent. Hooray ;)

Commander Inamine and Iku Kasahara were abducted by the Bahushu terrorists after the funeral while the rest of the Library forces were dealing with the retrieval of the documents from the recently deceased owner of a famous museum.

Inamine quietly went with the abduct
Elizabeth
Kasahara & General Inamine are rescued from the pro-censorship group Bakushu by the Library Task Force without casualties & Dojo & his team celebrate their return. On the way to the rescue, Dojo's thoughts reveal he is Kasahara's "prince" who saved her from the pro-censorship forces 5 years ago. (I mean, you probably figured that out a few issues ago, but it is nice to see his POV for once.) The happiness is short-lived though when Kasahara's parents come to visit & her colleague ...more
Bry
May 25, 2011 Bry rated it it was amazing
Good grief these are just too freaking adorable. Honestly, I am not even that big of a fan of shogo, but holy crap. These characters are just too cute for words.

Are they that original?

Are the fluffy scenarios that original?

But the dystopian universe is! And that plus the humor makes this manga great!
Rebecca
Mar 16, 2016 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I like that the reader receives both confirmation and validation in this volume. I also like that the reader also gets some different perspective. All the volumes have been from Iku's point of view ... and finally, there are some panels that give clear information about Dojo, his feelings, and the way that he's been looking at what has been going on with Iku's inclusion on the task force. Also, you finally get some connection to past events! It was nice to have this volume to solidify what I was ...more
Sereneblaze

Katie
Nov 21, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner

First of all, let me remind you, that this title is licenced in English therefore, I guess, the uploaders stopped uploading it after Chapter 37. So, sometime soon, I will get the volumes 8-14, and the last 15th volume is going to be published somewhere in April, therefore I will be putting a second review at that time. This story is very interesting in its essence, I mean, who doesn't love some dystopian novels? And here it just goes on the biggest scale, imagine
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Sep 13, 2014 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
~3.5-4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

(Contains spoilers.)

I kind of love this series. I was really not expecting this series to be so good, but it is. The humor is perfect for me, the relationships and characters are great. It’s just such a pleasant surprise. I don’t know how long it’ll take me to catch up, but I’m definitely working on it.

This volume continues where the last one ended, with Iku and the Commander being kidnapped. I’m not going to spoil what happens, but it was handled re
Sarah Maddaford
Having seen the 12 episode anime series since reading the first three novels, there are a couple key differences between the two. For one, the two kids fighting against the parents' group trying to take their books away are not in the anime. This means that the picture of Iku at that meeting is not the one she is trying to hide from her parents. Also, and a much bigger spoiler for this volume: Dojo's point-of-view is rarely shown in the anime. We never see how he saw Iku on the day he saved her ...more
Starry
Nov 27, 2012 Starry rated it really liked it
Rachel
Oct 12, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
In this volume, Iku manages to send a message to Library headquarters in code to tell them where she and the Director are being held. So they are quickly saved. It is finally revealed (although I guessed a few volumes ago) that Dojo is Iku's mysterious prince from a few years ago, that saved her in the bookstore and rescued her book from the MBC. It turns out he was punished severely for what he did, and when he saw her a few years later at the interview to get into training for the Task Force, ...more
Estara
Apr 02, 2011 Estara rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-in-2011
Jess
Ok so I get why Iku was mad but at the same time i get why Dojo did what he did because Iku is just well reckless. She put herself in danger when she didn’t have to. The thing is she was so brave to just put herself in a situation where she could potentially be hurt or worse. then to see Dojo worried but not able to show it. It makes me want to jump into the book and be like he loves you! to Iku. Then Dojo he calls Iku an idiot but I’m like She loves you. It’s just Dojo is always calling her an ...more
Dani
Jun 04, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
I love how Dojo has to deal with putting Iku in more danger instead of keeping her out of danger. Iku herself has some revelations about her feelings toward her "evil supervisor" - I really love how this kidnapping has caused some reality checks for our characters. I love how the library team got around the MBC!

Loved Dojo's words to Iku, you love a man who can admit he's wrong and how Komaki kept Tezuka from interrupting them. Haha. This was the best possible ending without getting out of charac
Jul 03, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, wars, futuristic
I think this has to be my most favorite volume in the whole series. I love how in this volume we see how Dojo really does seem to care for Iku. Not to mention that there was also a funny bar scene that I just couldn't seem to stop laughing at. Even after I finished the manga. To put it simply it was a real joy to read.
Stewart Tame
May 06, 2015 Stewart Tame rated it liked it
Still kind of digging this series. Not sure how seriously I take the whole, "We have to pretend I have a boring, safe desk job while my parents visit," thing. I suppose I've read more outlandish plots in my day ...
Chloé
Jul 21, 2014 Chloé rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun series! I loved this volume especially, as the romance is finally starting to bloom and Iku FINALLY realized exactly who Dojo is. This series also makes me extremely happy for no apparent reason.
Jessica
Jul 17, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
After that cliff-hanger ending last volume, I was glad to see that the intensity never let up. Also, I found out who Iku's Prince was (and I was totally RIGHT!) which was sweet. Also, the romantic tension heats-up a bit, but there is still no pay-off (but it was close there for a second). A visit by Iku's parents (who don't get her at all and don't know that she is a member of the Task Force) make things tense there.

Finally, I love the little cute bonus manga stories at the end of each volume.
Astrid Yrigollen
In this episode we see what we all suspected about Dojo and the identity of " The Prince".
The love story is moving along slowly and we are introduced to new characters.
Camy
Oct 11, 2015 Camy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicole Webster
May 29, 2015 Nicole Webster rated it it was amazing
Loving this series! While sometimes I must admit Iku drives me nuts with her over reacting... but I can't put the books down.
Elinor
Jan 09, 2016 Elinor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Encore un très bon tome ! certaines choses bougent, et quelques révélations ^^ j'aime beaucoup les personnages principaux...
Elizabeth
Apr 04, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is my current favorite ongoing manga series. I love the concept, and the way the issues with censorship are presented do not bog down the story. It’s a little more action oriented than many shojo manga, but this suits both the plot and the combination of drama and comedy. I love the characters. The core cast is incredibly engaging, and their dynamics make for both great comedy and great drama. There are currently six volumes released in North America. The seventh volume is due out in early ...more
Hillary
Apr 14, 2011 Hillary rated it liked it
The reader finally gets the "official" story of Iku's prince and of course it is more funny than romantic! Iku and Dojo share more precious moments together but of course nothing comes of it! :-) When Iku's parents visit, we learn more about her past- however we also see insights with Dojo.
This continues to entertain me. I think Yumi's hints, teases, and ultimate reveals shows her skill with soap opera storytelling. The characters are still likeable, funny, and stereotypically set in their ways
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 3 (A Bride's Story, #3)
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 3
  • Arisa, Vol. 02 (Arisa, #2)
  • Otomen, Vol. 10 (Otomen, #10)
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 04 (Dawn of the Arcana, #4)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Vol. 3
  • A Devil and Her Love Song, Vol. 3 (A Devil and Her Love Song, #3)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 2 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3-4)
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 5
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 11

Library Wars: Love & War (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 1 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 3 (Library Wars: Love & War #3)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 7 (Library Wars: Love & War, #7)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 8 (Library Wars: Love & War, #8)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 9 (Library Wars: Love & War, #9)
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 10 (Library Wars: Love & War, #10)
  • 図書館戦争 LOVE&WAR 11