Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love &  War, #4)

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 04 (Library Wars: Love & War #4)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  927 ratings  ·  54 reviews
In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves--the Library Forces!

Published March 1st 2011 by VIZ Media (first published September 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Library Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Library Wars

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaPandora Hearts, Vol. 07 by Jun MochizukiChobits, Vol. 05 by CLAMPBlack Butler, Vol. 06 by Yana TobosoKimi ni Todoke by Karuho Shiina
Best Manga Covers
260th out of 370 books — 81 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Help by Kathryn StockettDivergent by Veronica Roth
2012: What women born in the '80's have read so far
387th out of 1,015 books — 139 voters

More lists with this book...

Jeannette
I don't generally award 5 stars, but I enjoyed this volume from cover to cover! I loved Dojo's reminiscing about Iku -- how he interviewed her for the Library Task Force. I really like the way their relationship continues to develop; it's very natural and believable. And Iku is a bit of a ditz, but she's smart and courageous and determined!

I really loved the way Komaki's character got to shine in this volume. He has a lot of depth; he's more than just the friendly side-kick.

Can't wait for Volum...more
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Iku and Commander Inamine are abducted by Bakushu-kai terrorists, who demand sensitive material from the library's protected collection in return for the hostages! Dojo is worried about Iku, his problem student with limited field experience. But what Iku lacks in training she more than makes up for in gumption, and she is not going to let library material go without a fight!

My Thoughts:

Iku handles herself really well in the hostage incident. We also get a flashback from Dojo that confir...more
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: next in the series.

Ahhhhh. This is my favourite volume in the series so far! The Commander of the library forces is kidnapped by the terrorists who want sensitive library material in exchange for his return. The Commander is in a wheelchair and Iku is right beside him when the kidnapping happens so she jumps in along with them saying she will look after the Commander. An exciting situation, with secret maneuvers and a final battle that leads us only to the middle of the book!...more
Yodamom
We have confirmation on the identity of 'The Prince' yes it was obvious, but you never know for sure. More guns, more bullets flying in the library, more library fun. I enjoyed it chuckled and went immediate;y to book 5
Jean
The story just get better and better. We pick up with the kidnapping of General Inamine and Iku. Dojo worries and remembers when he first met Iku. We get more insight into Dojo's feelings for Iku as well as his hard nose attitude which developed as a result of their fated meeting. We also have the thread of Iku's parents continue. The bonus manga are hysterical as well as the 4 panel extras. I can't wait to read the next installment.
Bry
Good grief these are just too freaking adorable. Honestly, I am not even that big of a fan of shogo, but holy crap. These characters are just too cute for words.

Are they that original?

Are the fluffy scenarios that original?

But the dystopian universe is! And that plus the humor makes this manga great!
Farhin
Officially obsessed with this series! *-*
Katy
Favorite volume so far!
Judy (Geeky Reading)
~3.5-4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

(Contains spoilers.)

I kind of love this series. I was really not expecting this series to be so good, but it is. The humor is perfect for me, the relationships and characters are great. It’s just such a pleasant surprise. I don’t know how long it’ll take me to catch up, but I’m definitely working on it.

This volume continues where the last one ended, with Iku and the Commander being kidnapped. I’m not going to spoil what happens, but it was handled re...more
Sarah Maddaford
Having seen the 12 episode anime series since reading the first three novels, there are a couple key differences between the two. For one, the two kids fighting against the parents' group trying to take their books away are not in the anime. This means that the picture of Iku at that meeting is not the one she is trying to hide from her parents. Also, and a much bigger spoiler for this volume: Dojo's point-of-view is rarely shown in the anime. We never see how he saw Iku on the day he saved her...more
Starry
Rachel
In this volume, Iku manages to send a message to Library headquarters in code to tell them where she and the Director are being held. So they are quickly saved. It is finally revealed (although I guessed a few volumes ago) that Dojo is Iku's mysterious prince from a few years ago, that saved her in the bookstore and rescued her book from the MBC. It turns out he was punished severely for what he did, and when he saw her a few years later at the interview to get into training for the Task Force,...more
Estara
Jess
Ok so I get why Iku was mad but at the same time i get why Dojo did what he did because Iku is just well reckless. She put herself in danger when she didn’t have to. The thing is she was so brave to just put herself in a situation where she could potentially be hurt or worse. then to see Dojo worried but not able to show it. It makes me want to jump into the book and be like he loves you! to Iku. Then Dojo he calls Iku an idiot but I’m like She loves you. It’s just Dojo is always calling her an...more
I think this has to be my most favorite volume in the whole series. I love how in this volume we see how Dojo really does seem to care for Iku. Not to mention that there was also a funny bar scene that I just couldn't seem to stop laughing at. Even after I finished the manga. To put it simply it was a real joy to read.
Chloe
This is such a fun series! I loved this volume especially, as the romance is finally starting to bloom and Iku FINALLY realized exactly who Dojo is. This series also makes me extremely happy for no apparent reason.
Jessica
After that cliff-hanger ending last volume, I was glad to see that the intensity never let up. Also, I found out who Iku's Prince was (and I was totally RIGHT!) which was sweet. Also, the romantic tension heats-up a bit, but there is still no pay-off (but it was close there for a second). A visit by Iku's parents (who don't get her at all and don't know that she is a member of the Task Force) make things tense there.

Finally, I love the little cute bonus manga stories at the end of each volume....more
Elizabeth
This is my current favorite ongoing manga series. I love the concept, and the way the issues with censorship are presented do not bog down the story. It’s a little more action oriented than many shojo manga, but this suits both the plot and the combination of drama and comedy. I love the characters. The core cast is incredibly engaging, and their dynamics make for both great comedy and great drama. There are currently six volumes released in North America. The seventh volume is due out in early...more
Hillary
The reader finally gets the "official" story of Iku's prince and of course it is more funny than romantic! Iku and Dojo share more precious moments together but of course nothing comes of it! :-) When Iku's parents visit, we learn more about her past- however we also see insights with Dojo.
This continues to entertain me. I think Yumi's hints, teases, and ultimate reveals shows her skill with soap opera storytelling. The characters are still likeable, funny, and stereotypically set in their ways...more
Kimberly
I love the library politics, but the way Iku is treated bothers me.
Soobie's deliriously happy
Ok, reading two volumes in a row it's always good for me. I don't have to rack my brain to find out what happened in the previous volumes... Eh, eh!

My favorite character appears to be Komaki. I appreciate his attitude toward both Dojo and Iku, he's like some sort of Mother Goose to them and he can always interpret what goes on in their mind.

And the bonus story at the end of the volume... Those keep getting better and better.
Rachel
Alex Divergent
By far the best manga series ever!!!!
Worth reading it!
Brynn the Book Lover
4.5 Stars
Review to come
I'd say it's more like 3.5 stars for me. I am enjoying the humor of these manga. The story over 4 volumes so far, has become more character-driven than I thought it would at first. It's an enjoyable little romance, for all that there are some elements that strike me as inappropriate, I guess owing to cultural norms. But, I will keep reading them. I know Iku will continue to entertain me. And I have come to enjoy Komaki's sideline commentary quite a lot too.
Beth
This volume feels a little bland compared to previous ones, but it remained a fun read anyway. Though I did enjoy the flashbacks, the reveal of Iku's "prince" definitely elicited more of a, "Jeez, FINALLY," reaction from me rather than any kind of surprise or delight. (Maybe if it hadn't been hinted like a ton of bricks from the very start...ah, well.)

Still liking the series a lot overall! And now for the quest to find Volume 5.
Robin Conley
I love this series because of the story and the characters. The story is fun to read and has a great concept, and the idea of censorship that it brings out makes a great story. I love the characters and the fact that they are genuine and complicated. I think this book was a little better than the earlier ones because it shows more of the other characters' POV. Definitely a great series and I can't wait to start book 5.
Luke
This series seems just about rapped up in the romance area but I don't think it will end after book 5. The war isn't over and there are still a few characters left to develop and pair up. Also what I like in the book is that it still has action along with romance and everything else. Overall I think this series is great and highly recommend this for anyone who likes good funny manga.
Lady Lioness
I get such a kick out of this series. In volume 4, the characters seemed to have settled in a bit and they are finally progressing further. Iku is living up to her potential. We get some interesting scenes from Dojo's point of view and the romantic element takes a little hop forward. Volume 4 picks up directly from where volume 3 left off so don't start with this one!
Aubrey Hansen
There was a big "twist" in the middle of the manga, and while you could see it coming from Vol.1, it was still adorably sweet.

This volume and last deals more with Iku's relationship in her parents, in which she doesn't tell them she's a combatant. It's well-played, although I personally don't agree with her stance.
  • Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 04 (Dawn of the Arcana, #4)
  • The Story of Saiunkoku, Vol. 2
  • Bunny Drop 2 (Bunny Drop, #2)
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 2
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 18
  • Tegami Bachi, Vol. 4
  • A Bride's Story 02
  • Kamisama Kiss, Vol. 04
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 8
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 3 (Mixed Vegetables, #3)
Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 01 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 02  (Library Wars: Love & War #2) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 03 (Library Wars: Love & War #3) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 5 (Library Wars: Love & War, #5) Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 6 (Library Wars: Love & War, #6)