Enchantment Place

Enchantment Place

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Seventeen original stories about a mall where anything you can imagine is for sale - but who will pay the price?

The stores in Enchantment Place live up to the title, catering to a rather unique clientele ranging from vampires and werecreatures to wizards and witches, elves and unicorns - in short, anyone with shopping needs not likely to be met in the chain stores. Here a...more
ebook
Published August 5th 2008 by DAW Books, Penguin Group (USA) (first published August 1st 2008)

Sunhi
Honestly, I feel like a bit of a jerk giving this a higher score than Sixteen, which overall is of higher quality, but it's all about what you expect versus what you get. With Sixteen, I expected something lighthearted, but moving about sixteenth years. What I got was depression. With Enchantment Place, I expected a mediocre anthology about a magic mall with some good and some bad stories and for most of them to be comic. That is what I got.

I will admit I liked the first story by Mary Jo Putney...more
Mailis Viiand
Quite well written collection, and truly i admire this ones editor, she seems to have organized bunch of different authors not only to write on the same theme in larger scale, but to put the storyline in a one place, thus giving us different aspects of it...
Tribefan
A very cute and funny anthology! I wasn't sure what I expected but was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this one!! Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys teen reads (it does take place in a mall after all!)!
Holly Newman
Loved this anthology! Actually, I like all the anthologies put together by Denise Little.
Josh Talbot
A good anthology.

I have a retail job, so a collection of fantasy stories in a setting that I can identify with was nice. Speaking of setting, each story has a shared setting. A mall of magical shops in Chicago called Enchantment place.
Cissa
A good set of stories, many of which had at least some interconnections (and the others would have benefited from such). The stories were all pretty good, with some fun twists. My inner 8-year-old found "The Poop Thief" amusing and also- sort-of- plausible, though this was not the tone of the book as a whole (but it was a very fun last story!).
Kelley
I am only on the 3rd short story but this book is fantastic, a mall where the other world shop. Fantastic, the first two stories were great if the book keeps up I will be lending this to everyone I know. Fun and quick, easy read. Did I say fun?
Cris
Like most anthologies it was uneven with some stories being much better than others in terms of plot, setting, character and novelty. Overall the collection was interesting and moderately entertaining, but it wasn't anything special.
Cynthia Armistead
Fluffy goodness, a series of stories all set (to some extent) in a mall that caters to magical clientele. There were a couple of duds, but largely the stories were fun. I would be very happy to see some of them expanded into novels.
Jml067
If you're into all the vampire, supernatural books (i.e. Sookie Stackhouse, Twilight) then you'll probably enjoy this bunch of stories by different authors centered around a mall for the supernatural.
Lori
Liked the story about the shoe shiner. The rest were just ok. Nothing spectacular.
Penwiper
Meh. Stories that ranged from okay to tedious, and all unmemorable.
Lynn Calvin
Amazon preorder
Ahnah Jenkins
Ahnah Jenkins marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Buster
Buster marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2014
Neverdust
Neverdust marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Jamie Wilson
Jamie Wilson marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Sarahanna
Sarahanna marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Denise Little is an editor for Tekno Books.
More about Denise Little...
Twice Upon a Time Hags, Sirens, and Other Bad Girls of Fantasy Witch High The Magic Shop Creature Fantastic