Start by marking “The Tattooed Rats: Renegade Spirit Series” as Want to Read:
The Tattooed Rats: Renegade Spirit Series

The Tattooed Rats: Renegade Spirit Series (The Renegade Spirit #1)

Christianity is outlawed.  Sharing faith is considered hate speech. Worship is done in secret underground settings. Patch, a high school student, has to form his own beliefs, and try not to get killed along the way. He meets characters such as the Wharf Rats, a gang covered in tattoos, who turn out to be believers. Schoolmates betray. True friends are hard to find. Spiritu ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Tattooed Rats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tattooed Rats

Nolan
Feb 15, 2008 Nolan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books I've ever read and is inceriably interesting. Def a must read.
Judah Oechsle
Oct 26, 2011 Judah Oechsle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Tattooed Rats is a great, futuristic story. I really enjoyed this book because of the author's style of writing. The way it jumps from character to character in short bursts can get confusing, but it gives you the whole story from each person's point of view. It's an interesting way to show the feelings of each character. I also really enjoyed the plot. The whole "on the run" action line is exciting and makes you want to keep reading. Just when you think Patch, the main character, is safe so ...more
Jerry
Aug 19, 2016 Jerry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A challenging portrait of an all-too-likely future. The formatting was a bit choppy, but the story itself was good, and the writing was better than usual from this author.
Elias
Apr 15, 2010 Elias rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Flimsy. Terrible writing, terrible plot, terrible characters.
Emily
Aug 12, 2011 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was very weird and short and boring...
Kaitlyn Wooley
This book is all right. The story in and of itself is interesting, but the jumpy, sporadic, short-scene version of narrative can be confusing, and though each character is obviously its own, it's never quite clear which direction the author is trying to take any of them in. We don't get much other characterization, either. I never felt close to any of the characters while I read this, and that's what I cherish most in a good book.

Yes, Jerry B. Jenkins co-authored this book, and that's the only
Brittany
All she had to do was blame stress, sickness, or worry. Anything but the truth. "So it's okay to question God but not your teacher."

I liked it, really interesting...honestly though, it was kind of hard to keep up. I felt like I was missing something or coming into a second book that already introduced some things...
J.C.
Aug 07, 2014 J.C. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read. I found it amusing that this futuristic book takes place in 2012, and am very grateful this is NOT what 2012 was like.
There were times that was hard to catch exactly what was going on, but overall, the characters were developed well and the plot line was full of action. 4.5 stars and looking forward to the next book.
Scarletstories
Honestly, I think I had my hopes up too high for this book. it was surprisingly underwhelming, and I expected more. The characters shifted alliances with each page, and I was confused as to who was supposed to be likable.
Christina
Sep 26, 2009 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young-adults, sci-fi
Recommended to Christina by: Julia
Inspiring, and very exciting! The first in the series, written by the author of the Left Behind for kids series. About a group of kids in the end-times, and how their lives are affected by a government that forbids any religion.
♔Ƙƴℓιє♔
Very colorful writing paints a vivid picture of life in a place where Christianity is illegal. This book is filled with deception and has a quick pace with very effective use of changing point of views
Meadow Frisbie
Mar 19, 2008 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is really good, but is kinda freeking me out. if you like a good christian thriller. u just found it.
It's another End Times Series.
Shayne
Mar 20, 2015 Shayne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Mediocre writing. Seems like it's only purpose is similar to that of God's not Dead, pretending Christians are prosecuted in society.
Amber Cornwell
Feb 24, 2011 Amber Cornwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was a really good book!!!!
Earwen
Jan 09, 2010 Earwen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
VERY good.
Excellent.
Hannah
Really good book, reminded me of the left behind series, only with some fantasy.
Jordan
Mzing book read it in 1 day
Ashley
Jan 21, 2008 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me and my friend are reading this book, and it is pretty good so far.
Rachel
Jun 15, 2008 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
Recommended to Rachel by: Brio magazine
I really liked how there was so many different characters points of view and it gave me a clearer picture what the end times will be like.
Ginny
Feb 28, 2012 Ginny rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
rather scarey
Tj
Mar 17, 2012 Tj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. It has an interesting concept to it that makes you think.
Lilly Thompson
incredible! it's scairy that it's set 3 years fom now tho :P
Jessica Cleveland
Jul 24, 2015 Jessica Cleveland rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ttr-2015
Bad plot, writing, and a strange format. Wouldn't suggest it.
Glenn
Aug 09, 2013 Glenn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Second time reading and still enjoyed the book... A little dated but still a good read.
Dusti Hargis
Nov 03, 2013 Dusti Hargis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Easily my favorite Christian lit series.
Janet
Jan 24, 2014 Janet rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Plus: short fast read. Negative: confusing because of all the characters and what's going on with visions of demons, distrusting people, etc.
J. Mellinger
J. Mellinger rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2017
Rich Brown
Rich Brown rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Larisa
Larisa rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2010
Jessamyn Leigh
Jessamyn Leigh rated it it was ok
Oct 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Society (Forbidden Doors, #1)
  • From the Secret Place in My Heart
  • Chicken Soup for the Christian Teenage Soul: Stories to Open the Hearts of Christian Teens (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
  • Rebels (Safe Lands, #3)
  • Kaptito Kero (Warriors of the Kero, #1)
  • Fendar's Legacy (Adventures in Odyssey: Passages, #6)
  • New Bad Girl in Town
  • The Priest with Dirty Clothes: A Timeless Story of God's Love and Forgiveness
  • The Divine Dance: If the World Is Your Stage, Who Are You Performing For?
  • Turtle on a Fence Post
  • The Journals of Rachel Scott: A Journey of Faith at Columbine High
  • Hippo Eats Dwarf: A Field Guide to Hoaxes and Other B.S.
  • The Truth of the Matter (The Homelanders, #3)
  • Mexico (Notes from a Spinning Planet, #3)
  • Love Finds You in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
  • White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle: The Graphic Novel, #3)
Jerry Bruce Jenkins is an American novelist and biographer. He is best known as co-author of the Left Behind series of books with Tim LaHaye. Jenkins has written over 185 books, including mysteries, historical fiction, biblical fiction, cop thrillers, international spy thrillers, and children's adventures, as well as non-fiction. His works usually feature Christians as protagonists. In 2005, Jenki ...more
More about Jerry B. Jenkins...

The Renegade Spirit (3 books)
  • Demon's Bluff: Renegade Spirit Series
  • Seclusion Point (Renegade Spirit #3)