Start by marking “The Tattooed Rats: Renegade Spirit Series” as Want to Read:
The Tattooed Rats: Renegade Spirit Series

The Tattooed Rats: Renegade Spirit Series (The Renegade Spirit #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Christianity is outlawed. Sharing faith is considered hate speech. Worship is done in secret underground settings. Patch, a high school student, has to form his own beliefs, and try not to get killed along the way. He meets characters such as the Wharf Rats, a gang covered in tattoos, who turn out to be believers. Schoolmates betray. True friends are hard to find. Spiritua...more
Published October 1st 2006 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Tattooed Rats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tattooed Rats

Nolan
This is one of the best books I've ever read and is inceriably interesting. Def a must read.
Judah Oechsle
The Tattooed Rats is a great, futuristic story. I really enjoyed this book because of the author's style of writing. The way it jumps from character to character in short bursts can get confusing, but it gives you the whole story from each person's point of view. It's an interesting way to show the feelings of each character. I also really enjoyed the plot. The whole "on the run" action line is exciting and makes you want to keep reading. Just when you think Patch, the main character, is safe so...more
Elias
Flimsy. Terrible writing, terrible plot, terrible characters.
Emily
It was very weird and short and boring...
J.C.
A great read. I found it amusing that this futuristic book takes place in 2012, and am very grateful this is NOT what 2012 was like.
There were times that was hard to catch exactly what was going on, but overall, the characters were developed well and the plot line was full of action. 4.5 stars and looking forward to the next book.
Kaitlyn Wooley
This book is all right. The story in and of itself is interesting, but the jumpy, sporadic, short-scene version of narrative can be confusing, and though each character is obviously its own, it's never quite clear which direction the author is trying to take any of them in. We don't get much other characterization, either. I never felt close to any of the characters while I read this, and that's what I cherish most in a good book.

Yes, Jerry B. Jenkins co-authored this book, and that's the only...more
Janet
Plus: short fast read. Negative: confusing because of all the characters and what's going on with visions of demons, distrusting people, etc.
Brittany
All she had to do was blame stress, sickness, or worry. Anything but the truth. "So it's okay to question God but not your teacher."

I liked it, really interesting...honestly though, it was kind of hard to keep up. I felt like I was missing something or coming into a second book that already introduced some things...
Christina
Sep 26, 2009 Christina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: young-adults, sci-fi
Recommended to Christina by: Julia
Inspiring, and very exciting! The first in the series, written by the author of the Left Behind for kids series. About a group of kids in the end-times, and how their lives are affected by a government that forbids any religion.
Scarletstories
Honestly, I think I had my hopes up too high for this book. it was surprisingly underwhelming, and I expected more. The characters shifted alliances with each page, and I was confused as to who was supposed to be likable.
~*Ky*~
Very colorful writing paints a vivid picture of life in a place where Christianity is illegal. This book is filled with deception and has a quick pace with very effective use of changing point of views
Meadow
This book is really good, but is kinda freeking me out. if you like a good christian thriller. u just found it.
It's another End Times Series.
Rachel
Jul 17, 2008 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
Recommended to Rachel by: Brio magazine
I really liked how there was so many different characters points of view and it gave me a clearer picture what the end times will be like.
Christine
Hannah
Really good book, reminded me of the left behind series, only with some fantasy.
Tj
Great book. It has an interesting concept to it that makes you think.
Ashley
Me and my friend are reading this book, and it is pretty good so far.
Amber Cornwell
it was a really good book!!!!
Jordan
Bre
Bre added it
Aug 30, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Kg
Kg added it
Aug 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Jerry Bruce Jenkins is an American novelist and biographer. He is best known as co-author of the Left Behind series of books with Tim LaHaye. Jenkins has written over 180 books, including mysteries, historical fiction, biblical fiction, cop thrillers, international spy thrillers, and children's adventures, as well as non-fiction. His works usually feature Christians as protagonists. In 2005, Jenki...more
More about Jerry B. Jenkins...
Soon: The Beginning of the End (Underground Zealot, #1) Left Behind Series Hardcover Gift Set (Left Behind, #1-6) Riven The Vanishings: Four Kids Face Earth's Last Days Together  (Left Behind: The Kids, #1) Shadowed: The Final Judgment (Underground Zealot, #3)