Start by marking “Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-Wha” as Want to Read:
Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-Wha

Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-Wha

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
"Her biography, like her life, is a work of art." So says singer/songwriter Janis Ian about Christine Lavin and her book Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-wha In this book, and now audiobook, Lavin recounts her circuitous, often hilarious route to becoming one of contemporary folk music's most respected and beloved songwriters and performers. From Lincoln Center and other Ne ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Tell Me Press, LLC (first published June 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cold Pizza for Breakfast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Pizza for Breakfast

Julie Bestry
Aug 30, 2011 Julie Bestry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had Cold Pizza for Breakfast on my wish list for a year, but didn't buy it because I wanted it so much. Huh?

Let me explain. I've been a devoted fan of Christine Lavin, the funniest, most moving, most adorable folk singer ( a title that absolutely doesn't do her justice) for close to 25 years. I listened to her in college, when she made me laugh. I listened to her in grad school, when she kept me from crying. I pressed cassettes (that I've never gotten back) into the hands of friends and co
Ginna
Apr 10, 2012 Ginna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I sped through this book, an easy read for someone who once performed "shopping cart of love" with two other bitchin' babes. Lavin's book is full of the same truths and funny turnarounds that endear her songs to me. Unfortunately, by two thirds of the way through the book, her rhythms were all too familiar - a small complaint when I consider the gift of her attitude & life experiences shared here. This is no literary masterpiece - but if you love Christine Lavin like I do (did I mention she ...more
Susannah Greenberg
Oct 05, 2010 Susannah Greenberg rated it it was amazing
I am proud to be publicizing this memoir of the funny, intelligent folk music singer songwriter, Christine Lavin, now in audiobook format as well. Christine's evokes the folk and comedy music world and she has known and worked with so many legendary figures from Bob Dylan to Robert Klein to Pete Seeger and so many more. "Christiine Lavin is the unsung heroine of the latter-day folk movement...Her autobiography, like her like, is a work of art," wrote Janis Ian, singer/songwriter.
Stacey Marien
Dec 01, 2015 Stacey Marien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I've listen to Christine Lavin from the beginning and she's just as funny in print as she is in concert.

David Macpherson
Aug 27, 2012 David Macpherson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This brought me back to college when my friends were crazy for Lavin and other funny folk singers. Now, on thinking of it, I don't know where I was taste wise. I like her stuff, but give me vintage Kinks any day. Anyway. The memoir is pretty good, she goes off on tangents and never gets back. She almost was linear but most of the stories are enjoyable and some of her wisdom about being a professional musician was excellent.
Anne
Jul 11, 2010 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant, hilarious and inspiring. What a life this woman has had! I've been listening to her music for years and I never realized just how important she is in the folk music world, nor what goes into creating that kind of a career. I guess it's to be expected that at 22, I don't have nearly the experience that she has, but it's certainly something aspire to. Brava!
Joanne
Feb 02, 2012 Joanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christine tells lots of stories-- about how some of her songs were inspired, the beginnings of Fast Folk and Jack Hardy's songwriters' circle, the Four Bitchin' Babes, and life on the road. all with her trademark humor. Well worth perusing for the folkies out there.
Hnewberg Newberg
Christine is a wonderful storyteller. She is a first-person folk action hero. She is not afraid to tell a good story, even (especially?) when the protagonist (herself) steps in something avoidable, regrettable, embarrassing...
Dec 03, 2015 Laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As you would expect from listening to her lyrics, she's an excellent storyteller. This is one of the best artistic autobiographies I've ever read!
Jenny Muhl
Oct 27, 2014 Jenny Muhl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great if you are a Christine lavin fan!

I love her music and always wondered if she would be as fun in real life. I think so! quirky and fun. a nice bio of a great folk singer.
Dave
Oct 05, 2012 Dave rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if you like her music, you'll like the book. lots of laughs and lots of great folksie stories, just like her shows
Susan Marks
Susan Marks rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Kimberley
Kimberley marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Mike Hampton
Mike Hampton rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
Jeanine
Jeanine rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 24, 2015
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Kz
Kz rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Lisa Raksin
Lisa Raksin marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Ann Fisher
Ann Fisher rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Kenneth Lipman
Kenneth Lipman rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
Robyn Landis
Robyn Landis rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Annabelle
Annabelle rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Jacque Borowski
Jacque Borowski marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Christian Bauman
Christian Bauman marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014