Start by marking “Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)” as Want to Read:
Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)

Unlawful Contact (I-Team #3)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  7,528 ratings  ·  554 reviews
When a young woman disappears, journalist Sophie Alton investigates and is led to the woman's brother, a convicted killer who is running from the law. Together, they follow a dangerous path toward the truth-and unforgettable passion.
Published April 1st 2008 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Unlawful Contact, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlawful Contact

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

While writing this review, I kept asking myself, how does Pamela Clare do it? How does she write book after amazing book, each one getting better than the one before? When I was sure she couldn’t possibly top Extreme Exposure, I read Hard Evidence and was blown away. Then, when I’m certain there’s no way she can beat Hard Evidence, I read Unlawful Contact and found myself literally sitting on the edge of my seat, unable to put it down, and staying up until the wee hours of the morning to finish
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
5 stars!!

Jgajfakljgdkjfdskhgahfksafhkdfj OMG I loved this book!!! :D Granted, it was a re-read and an all-time favorite so I was guaranteed to love it (again) but who cares? Not only did this story have my full attention from start to finish, but it also made me stay up late ‘till the wee hours of the morning to read ‘just one more chapter’ and then proceeded to sucker punch me with emotions. Just when I thought I couldn’t find a single book to deliver an emotionally satisfying yet believable ro
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Jan 13, 2011 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any Romance Lover, Especially of Great and HOT Romantic Suspense
Recommended to Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* by: Dhestiny and Zosia
5+ Stars!!! - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

I’ve been trying to read Surrender by Pamela Clare, but Marc Hunter keeps telling me he wants his day in Court…so, here goes…I hope I can do him justice!!

Judgment of the Honourable Justice Isabith McHardup

Accused: Pamela Clare

Complainant: Lady Jayne

Charge 1: Causing addiction to a book series through grippingly
3.5 Stars

This is my second book in the I-team series, and I enjoyed it, just not quite as much as I enjoyed book 5. It probably doesn't help that I'm reading them out of order. It was a fun and entertaining story, I just had too many issues to rate it higher than 3.5. I did love the second chance romance aspect of this installment, their connection was believable to me, and I love all of the characters in the series.

Pamela Clare can definitely write an outstanding alpha male, and it turns out

5+++ Stars!!! Again, and again, and again!!

I've read this book in paperback and ebook, many times, and now I listened to it on audio!! Crazy good!

Most of my friends have read this, so let's reminisce about my favorite scene, no real review here, just me having fun.

Remember the part where Marc "re-connects" with Sophie and he says...
"It was like falling dick first into paradise"
and then he picks her up off the floor...still connected mind you...and they crash their way into the bedroom and t
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
5+++ STARS!!!!

Check out my review/fantasy cast on Under the Covers

Dear Julian,
I love you, I love you, I love you. ..But I may love Marc Hunter more.
His piercing green-eyed stare, that killer sense of humor and the fact that he knows how to handle a gun may just trump that sucky-swirly thing you do with your tongue.
I’m sorry. Please don’t kill me.

Oh my god! So I’ve just finished Unlawful Contact minutes ago and I’m still recovering.

Okay, but in all seriousness, Pamela Clare has gone a
5 stars – Romantic Suspense

This is another intense, gripping, smokin’ hot read in Pamela Clare’s intelligent, thrilling, and steamy I-Team romantic suspense series about a group of investigative reporters who put their hearts and lives on the line for the sake of uncovering the truth and seeking justice.

Investigative journalist Sophie Alton is trying to find answers about the disappearance of a young mother with a history of drug abuse, Megan Rawlings, who escaped a halfway house with her baby d
Meet Marc "Hunt" Hunter:

The resident bad boy who everyone knows will end up in jail, Hunt believes Sophie to be the prettiest girl in school, but never approaches her because he thinks there's not way he stands a chance with someone as sweet and smart as her. He secretly dreams of becoming an astronaut but joins the army instead.

Meet Sophie Alton:

After her parents' death, Sophie comes to live with her grandmother and dreams of becoming a reporter. In her new town, the straight-A nerd covertly cr
Allison ❤️"REBELogger" That'll Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Feb 24, 2014 Allison ❤️"REBELogger" That'll Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Allison ❤️"REBELogger" That'll Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ by: Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Marc Hunter is serving life in prison without parole....convicted of murdering a fellow DEA officer in cold blood to supposedly cover up his own drug use. He lives day to day trying to survive life behind bars...trying to stay alive. He has, after all, put some of these inmates behind bars himself. He dreams of the one girl he had for a night...a special night back when he was a troubled teen. And her name was Sophie. One night under the stars. She gave him her virginity. He gave her his heart.
Opening Line: “Sophie Alton walked through the party, wishing she’d stayed home.”

Well another great addition from the I-Team series, it seems that Pamela Clare can do no wrong. And holy hell with the heroes, just when I think she’s written my absolute favourite out pops another keeper from the recesses of Clare’s enviable mind. Where does she keep all these guys anyway? Each one is yummier than the last. How does she get anything done with all that awesome manliness living in her head?

Apr 05, 2008 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense fans
What a fantastic romantic suspense! I enjoyed this book so much, I didn't want it to end, yet I desperately wanted to see how it played out! I was not disappointed in the least about anything in this story. It had a smart, beautiful heroine; a sexy, courageous, selfless hero; a taut, exciting plot, and wonderful characterizations throughout. Add a sexy, beautiful love story, a couple of big surprises leading up to an explosive ending, and a touching epilogue, and what more could you want? This i ...more
I liked this. The suspense was good, kept me glued to the pages at times. I liked the premise as well, old lovers reuniting against all odds. But the book started out slow for me and didn't pick up at least until 30% in. Although the writing was good, I found some of the terms the author used turn-offish. For example, she used 'muff' to describe a woman's nether regions---that just made me think of earmuffs and that wasn't a visual I liked being in my head. Then, 'man berries' for a guy? Uh, no. ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Unlawful Contact is another example of Pamela's Clare's ability to write top notch romantic suspense that satisfies both the heavy-duty romance fan who wants a true love story and the analytical reader who looks for realism in her fiction. In this case, her story is about Sophie and Marc aka Hunt, who met in high school, parted for twelve years, and came back together in a very explosive fashion.

Incidentally, I couldn't help but think about Arrested Development as I read this, since that is a ve
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*

I only dabble in romantic suspense, but I have to admit this was one of the better reads.

NOTE: This is the first book I have read in the series....and while I didn't get the other characters back stories, I don't feel like I was missing out on anything. So if you are hesitant to read this book for that reason, I feel like it can be read as a standalone.

Sophie and Hunt first met when they were in high school. Sophie a shy, quiet "nerd" and Hunt the troubled, bad boy. Soph
LOVED IT!!!! At first I did not think this book was as good as Hard Evidence and then BAM, the story took off full speed, grabbed me and hooked me big time. Marc and Sophie where fantastic character's. I just loved how much they wanted to protect each other from harm. Especially Marc, he was so caring, protecting and loving to Sophie and his sister Megan. There was plenty of action happening to keep this book very interesting I kept reading because I just had to know how things would play out. I ...more
4 "Help-me-Sophie, please-help-me" Stars

What? A man BEGGING you to help him get off after 7 years of no sexual contact isn't turning you on?? Well let me tell you...IT.WAS.HOT Man oh Man! What a Man!!

In my opinion Pamela Clares books can stay in your head and heart long after the last page is turned and this book is no exception. Her writing is so clear, full of details that pulls you into the story and makes you savor every moment you will spend with Marc and Sophie. I loved reading this book,i
We are at book three of this incredible I-Team series. Now let's review:

1) SmileyCentral.comThird book in a series with ever-increasing pressure on the author by way of rising expectations of readers to compare to absolutely outstanding predecessor books in the series/other books by this author -- Meets and exceeds!

2) SmileyCentral.comSuper sexy hero with hard shell on the outside, yet mushy, sweet center on the inside while championing little sister, women in trouble everywhere, and especially the heroine. The proverbial Man's
Julie (jjmachshev)
Smoking! "Unlawful Contact" is Pamela Clare's third contemporary about a group of investigative reporters as they find love and danger while searching for the truth. These stories grab you by the throat and you can't put the darn book down until it's over. Fast-moving and packed with thrills and chills...Clare is now a must-buy for me!

Sophie has never forgotten the 'bad boy' she gifted with her virginity. Over the last twelve years, she's had several opportunities to recall the event with fondne
Jess-i-ca ~The Gif Witch~
4 STARS....

This book starts out with a young Sophie. Sophie had a wonderful night in High School when she lost her V-card to the school bad boy, Hunt. He was two years older than her and HOT HOT HOT! Unfortunately he was leaving for the Army the very next day. He wanted to go out and make something of his life.

So twelve years later she has compared every guy to him. They didn't have a relationship even but there was just something about him that she missed and wanted. Sophie is now an investigat
Second read 5/28/12-5/29/12

WOW! WOW! WOW! Amazing read, just simply amazing. Just as good the second time around. Marc Hunter is my favorite hero of the I-Team series, ha so far...

First Read 2/22/10-2/23/10

Uggg I don't even know what to say about this book. It was truly amazing just doesn’t do it justice.
I am not sure that anything I say will do. Well except, READ IT! READ ALL OF PAMELA CLARE’S BOOKS!!!
I don’t think that I have ever pulled more for a hero and heroine as much as I did for Marc
I think if I could sum up this book with one word it would be...brilliant!...or beautiful!...or (absolutely freaking) amazing!

The road to happiness for Marc Hunter and Sophie Alton is probably the longest, most difficult and improbable road that a hero & heroine (truly deserving titles) have had to travel; but from the Prologue to the Epilogue, you will cheer this couple on for every hard-fought mile they gain.

I have only read a handful of novels termed "romantic suspense" but I have no dou
Unlawful Contact is the kind of book that once you start reading, it is almost impossible to put down. It’s one of those edge of your seat books, where you look at your watch and realize that you should have gone to bed hours ago. Who needs sleep?

Unlawful Contact is the third I-Team series book by Pamela Clare. The book focuses on Sophie Alton, an I-Team investigative journalist and Marc Hunter, a former DEA agent that has been in prison for the last six years. Sophie and Marc share a past but h
~E~ Riverina Romantics
Is anyone really surprised that I gave this 5 stars?? If you are please feel free to take a few steps closer so I can give you a good firm slap across the face to make you wake up to yourself.

This was another flawless masterpiece from the fabulous Pamela Clare.

I have a mental scaling system when it comes to Authors'.
1. There's the authors' who write half rate novels and make me think "I could write something better than this"
2. There's some of my favourite authors' that I really love to read an

Let me start by saying how much I love Pamela Clare’s work. She brings so much to her stories, from the suspenseful knot I get in my stomach, the kind of plots I can sink my teeth into, the sizzling, toe curling sexiness of her heroes, to the emotional wreck she makes of my heart. And she does this time and time again, and I repeatedly come back for more.

Book Dedication
This book is dedicated to the memory of Leah Rhiann Clifton,
who died in her mother’s womb in a prison cell.
( This alone put a lu
Vi avverto che questa sarà una bastardRece, si perchè questo libro pur avendo una trama accattivante si è rivelato completamente inverosimile e absolute nosense!!!
dunque procediamo con ordine:
1) Già dal prologo l'autrice ci sbatte in faccia: istantlovr/istant tromb/istant abbandon
2) La storia ha un salto temporale di una decina d'anni e troviamo i due protagonisti in situazioni diametralmente opposte: lui in galera a vita e lei realizzata nell'ambito lavorativo.
3) Lui non ha mai dimenticato lei,

This series keeps getting better and better.
Lady Heather

First read March 12-13, 2011

Again Ms. Clare has created amazingly strong, dedicated, loyal, and charismatic characters. I loved the first chapter with Hunt and Sophie, and then how the story picks up again 12 years later and what has become of their lives.
I was on the edge all through this book wondering if this would end as a HEA, because it just seemed that no matter where Sophie and Marc turned.. they just couldn't catch a break!
I really like how the characters from the previous books are in
5++ Stars Romantic Suspense - my favorite in the series so far

I don’t know how she does it but Ms. Clare rocks my world every time with her delectable characters and engrossing storyline. I’ve never experienced a dull moment nor encountered a scene which I had wished would have gone differently since I started on the I-Team series. Its a testament to Ms. Clare’s creativity and talent that each of these stories have wormed their way into my heart, never to be forgotten, to be revisited sometime
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
Apr 30, 2011 ♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: the entire GR population
Recommended to ♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness by: Rhonda W. and Elena
Unlawful Contact – Can I start by saying, I freaking love this series so much, that I would contemplate divorcing my husband to marry Pamela Clare. This woman is a genius! I’m just....gobsmacked.

To begin with when I read the blurb on the back of the book and discovered that the book is about that of a convicted killer breaking out of prison and taking our heroine with him, I was a little put off and worried that I wouldn’t be able to have any feelings with the character – just not my kind of her
Mirjana ***Let's Sound It Out - - - Mary-On-A***

I'll admit I've been a little skeptical about this series. It had a weak start, and the second book was definitely better, but this one just blew everything away! I'm not sure how the remaining books will top this!

I think the main reason I loved it so much was because Sophie and Hunt had a history.....and what a beautiful history it was......sigh.

The plot will keep you guessing until the very end. My scooby senses were asleep due to swoony satisfaction so some revelations I did not s
♥ BR ♥: Unlawful contact 46 25 May 17, 2015 09:36AM
The Lost Challenges: Unlawful Contact- March Series Read 26 13 Mar 14, 2014 11:56AM
Pamela Clare ~ Fa...: Unlawful Contact (#3) 18 81 Oct 15, 2013 03:50PM
Pamela Clare ~ Fa...: I-Team Group Read Unlawful Contact Sept 1st (Spoilers) 53 50 Sep 12, 2013 09:33PM
Kindle Lending (T...: Looking for I-Team Books by Pamela Clare 3 15 Sep 07, 2013 06:55AM
Romance Readers R...: Unlawful Contact [Buddy Read] 8 25 Oct 20, 2011 05:22AM
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, #3)
  • Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • A Kiss to Kill (Passion For Danger, #3)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Edge of Midnight (McClouds & Friends #4)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • On Thin Ice (Ice, #6)
  • Edge of Sight (The Guardian Angelinos, #1)
USA Today best-selling author Pamela Clare began her writing career as a columnist and investigative reporter and eventually became the first woman editor-in-chief of two different newspapers. Along the way, she and her team won numerous state and national honors, including the First Amendment Award and the National Journalism Award for Public Service. In 2011, she was honored by the Colorado Pro ...more
More about Pamela Clare...

I-Team (8 books)
  • Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • First Strike (I-Team, #5.9)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)

“It’s not so much where I want you,Sophie, as it is how. Nothing tastes quite like a woman, and no woman tastes like you. - Marc Hunter” 33 likes
“Sophie hadn't tought an erect penis would be so big. Or so hard. Or so silky.
"I thought it would be like a hot-dog.”