Start by marking “Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)” as Want to Read:
Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)

Kaleidoscope Eyes (Family Honor #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  181 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Wilderness and Weather Are Easily Overcome. But Betrayal? Annie Justice sees things differently. Her unconventional condition, synesthesia, helped make her one of the most sought-after stained-gl
Published April 5th 2006 by Multnomah Books (first published February 17th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Kaleidoscope Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kaleidoscope Eyes

Margaret
While this was the second of the Family Honor Series, I did not know that when I picked it up. I could tell that there was a history between the characters, but not enough to keep me from keeping up the pace with the story.

This is the story of Annie Justice. Her passions are her art, her work her dog Kodi as a search and rescue team, her family, and her faith...not necessarily in that order. Her life is constantly affected by her condition known as synesthesia which allows her to see numbers and
Kristin
I find comfort in quotes. There’s often a lot of wisdom packed in a small number of words. It strikes me that they were the original tweet! (But somehow infinitely more fulfilling than today’s technology enhanced staccatos.) I used to think chapter quotes were a superfluous addition. I read quickly over them (or skipped them) to get to the ‘real stuff’. But, as I’ve gotten older, I love it when an author takes the time and care to highlight the tone and direction of a storyline with perfectly ma ...more
Lisa
This is the first book by Karen Ball that I"ve read, but it won't be the last.

The book was fast-paced and heartwarming. Annie and Kodi were good together. Kodi is an awesome dog. The first sentence from the back cover blurb hooked me and I wanted to read on to find out what happened.

From the back cover-

Annie Justice has always been different, thanks to a rare condition allowing her to see things others do not. It's a blessing and a curse. The blessing? Annie and her dog, Kodi, have become one of
Margaret
Apr 09, 2008 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: A "different" person who wants a good giggle and romantic mystery
This book was a really fabulous read! So much better than the first one, the first one was good, but just too much traumatic events for one book or one life for that matter for my taste. Annie, the main character is different, and through her life of loves and challenges a reader is really able to go on a great adventure. This book is about really love that makes you giggle and feel giddy. It is also about the important and serious jobs in the world that make a difference in other peoples lives. ...more
Marlene Mesot
I loved this book so much I've already read it a half dozen times in audio. I learned a lot about the difference between air scenting and tracking rescue dogs. This author has a unique technique for allowing a deceased character to leave something behind to help another in the book. The romance is wonderful and the characters are uniquely individual. I love this author's Family Honor series.
Sandra
Karen is a wonderful writer. Her books are never boring. This one had an interesting flavor and I enjoyed it. I love books that use story to draw people to where they need to be with the Lord. A good book about forgiveness issues. The dog part of the team was interesting to experience as was the heroine's synesthesia. An all around good read.
Melissa
The characters are intriguing, and the author makes you care for and understand the not-so-heroic main male character. He changes throughout the story. The mystery in the story kept me guessing a bit, though it may not be Sherlock Holmes or Agatha Christie. Quite a bit of romance and lack of wisdom, but not written in a terribly harmful way, I suppose. I like that each chapter includes a Bible verse at the beginning, like all in this series.
Jeni Enjaian
This was not the book I was expecting. I, unfortunately, had it confused with another book that I've read and enjoyed much more. (I would love to read that book again except for the fact that I can't remember the title.)
Just like the first book in this series, the characters are static, the plot line (though much more condensed...a small point in its favor) trite and cliché and the overall conclusion rushed and predictable from the outset of the book.
I think I'll skip the third book in the serie
Donna
First of her books I ever read, and read book two before the others. Annie had a very intelligent dog they made a great team for search and rescue.
Crystal A
When I read this 2nd book in a three-book series, I was unaware I was not starting at the beginning. However, the story line, and even more the characters, kept me captivated. I then HAD to go get the remaining books and a few other books by the same author since I like her style so much. I was even impressed by the author's style in her posts at Amazon.
Terri
Aug 20, 2009 Terri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
So far so good. I'm sure it will be as good as the first one.

I finished this book a few weeks ago. I loved the book. I loved everything about it. If anyone's looking for a new book to read you should try this series. I have now moved on to book #3.
Mixed feelings about this one. I didn't realize it was part of a series, and I just read this one. It worked fine as a stand alone, but I just didn't love the book, but I didn't dislike it, either.
Tara
Really good read. Enjoyed the end, although it kept me guessing for part of the book, it was not totally unpredictable. Great for a weekend of light reading.
Donna
Enjoyed this book more than the first one in this series - less tragedy. Characters are real. Story line is good. Ending is real too.
Linda Jennings
Nov 23, 2009 Linda Jennings rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Linda by: Diane Cochran
great mystery, decent love story, wonderful animal story!!
Tatyana
Feb 24, 2008 Tatyana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes more advanced reading
This book is so cool!!!! I love the dog in this book, Kodi
Tracy
enjoyed learning about synesthesia
Chris
Loved it.
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Joy
Joy is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2015
J Daniel
J Daniel marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Stain of Guilt (Hidden Faces Series, #2)
  • Fireworks
  • The Baby Chronicles
  • Fire Dancer
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Ten Thousand Charms (Crossroads of Grace #1)
  • God's Gift
  • Uncharted
  • RV There Yet?
  • Solemn Oath (Er Trilogy, #2)
  • At the Scent of Water (Second Chances Collection, #3)
  • Dark Water (Fog Point, #1)
  • Finding Marie (Frasier Island Series #2)
  • Tying the Knot (Deep Haven, #2)
  • A Fine Line (Baxter Series, #5)
  • A Higher Justice (The Trials of Kit Shannon #5)
  • A Killer Among Us (Women of Justice #3)
Karen's latest full-length novel, What Lies Within, has been nominated as the Best Inspirational Novel of the Year. Readers regularly call Karen's writing powerful, uplifting, and fun. She writes from her home in Oregon, where she lives with her husband, Don, and their two "kids": Dasha, a mischievous 4-month-old Siberian husky, and Dakota, an Aussie-Terrier mix that should have been named Psycho. ...more
More about Karen Ball...

Family Honor (3 books)
  • Shattered Justice (Family Honor Series #1)
  • What Lies Within (Family Honor Series #3)
Shattered Justice (Family Honor Series #1) The Breaking Point What Lies Within (Family Honor Series #3) A Test of Faith Reunion