Start by marking “The Best of Pokémon Adventures: Red” as Want to Read:
The Best of Pokémon Adventures: Red

The Best of Pokémon Adventures: Red (The Best of Pokémon Adventures)

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,165 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
A collection of stories featuring Red and an assortment of Pokemon characters.
Published October 6th 2006 by VIZ Media

Pokémon Adventures by Hidenori KusakaPokémon Adventures by Hidenori KusakaPokemon Ultimate Handbook by Cris SilvestriPokémon Adventures, Vol. 4 by Hidenori KusakaPokémon Adventures by Hidenori Kusaka
Best Pokemon Books
10th out of 32 books — 27 voters
Pokémon Adventures, Volume 8 by Hidenori KusakaThe Legend of Zelda by Akira HimekawaThe Legend of Zelda by Akira HimekawaPokémon Adventures, Vol. 9 by Hidenori KusakaThe Best of Pokémon Adventures by Hidenori Kusaka
Top 10 Manga's
5th out of 9 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Timothy807
Well this book is really good b/c like i am a pokemon fan so yeahhhh. And like this book is also a fantasy book the book was all about a boy named Red. I know he is named after a color it is weird.So in the begining he is a some body at least in his home town so he wants to beacome the world greatest pokemon trainer. And goes to a professor (guy who is a expert of pokemon) and the man says that Red is a pokemon theif but he is not so. Red is clumsy so i bumps into all the poke balls and all the ...more
Zilong Ma
Sep 08, 2015 Zilong Ma rated it it was amazing
This has got to be the best of the pokemon adventures manga I won't say much since I don't want spoil it for any one who hasn't read it yet this series is great if you want to read something that has a sense of adventure if not it is still worth a read because of how interesting it is.
Robert Horne
Aug 09, 2008 Robert Horne rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who is willing to try something new and some who is interested in mythical creatures.
Have you every wondered if there are magical creatures with cool abilities? Well, there are! There are Pokemon. I have read the books and this book is AWESOME! Why it tells one heck of a story. You read about cool Pokemon and some pretty awesome battles.

The story is about a boy who gets new Pokemon and he becomes the champion. First, the boy caught Bulbasaur, then Pikachu, then Poliwhirl, and finally Snorlax. Next Ash (the boy) beat the gym leaders. Last, he beat his rival blue. He became the ch
Ms.
May 24, 2009 Ms. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: josiah-s
this book is about a pokemon trainer that has always wanted to be a pokemon master so he decides to start his pokemon training. It tells you storys about him going againsts rivalls and team rocket. team rocket is a gang that always gets into trouble. So the main charecter Red has to get through all these chalenges. Reds goal is to beat the pokemon league. The pokemon league is only for the best of the best pokemon trianer. How you get to the pokemon league is by batling gym leaders. There are ei ...more
Joseph Park
Oct 29, 2011 Joseph Park rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 11th-grade-stuff
Very funny, entertaining, and great story about a Pokemon trainer named Red, who goes off on his very own Pokemon Adventure. This book is very closely associated with the Game Boy Color game: Pokemon Yellow. He starts off his journey in Pallet Town, and meets a Rival named Blue. He also catches his very first Pokemon. Although this book is great, it's sometimes confusing because of the language and cartoons, but it all flows with each cartoon. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody, c ...more
Jabari Doyle
Jan 22, 2010 Jabari Doyle rated it it was amazing
The type of pokemon Red. The pokemon in these are regular early. Later in the other pokemon books the pokemon get better. So the trainer name is Ash his favorite pokemon name is Pikachu: it's type is electric. The better pokemon come later in this adventure. Their called rare pokemon. Like one called Zapdos the electric bird and Moltres the fire bird. In the games the starters are the fire one Charmander: the fire one. bulbasaur: the grass one. Also the last one squirtle: the water type.
Kai
Apr 11, 2008 Kai added it
It is about a rash boy Red,his enemy Blue and the lying Green,they will get a starter pokemon by the famous pokemon expert Professer Oak in different ways.They will join forces with each other against Team Rocket which motive is to control all sources.They will also battle in the pokemon league plus a strange man that makes the finals.There will be new pokemons Mew,Mewtwo and a strange pokemon created by a strange machine and gym badges.The first series is a must read!
Shinyfox
Dec 02, 2014 Shinyfox rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
They took a lot of chapters from "Desperado Pikachu" and from "Legendary Pokémon". The "Best of" Series is one that avid Pokemon readers should just avoid since they've probably read over half of the book in other manga.

However, I urge newcomers to the Pokemon novels and manga to pick up the first couple novels of the "Best of" books to see what it's like and what is in store for you.
Yi
Pokémon is not my cup of tea. Well, glad that my son enjoyed it.

[06/04/2015 @21:07] My son, along with most of his Kindergarten classmates, is CRAZY about Pokémon. I can't say that I like them. So, what better way to get to know these creatures than reading this book together?!
ABC
Jan 09, 2009 ABC rated it it was amazing
I read this book out loud to my six year old son. It is hard to rate because I was less than thrilled, by my son ADORED it. So I have it his rating.

He loved it so much I am considering buying the other Best of Pokemon Adventures (Yellow).
Nicole
Aug 10, 2015 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
I love the world of pokemon so very much.
Bernard
Jan 21, 2014 Bernard rated it liked it
Recommended to Bernard by: Noah Assaf
Let's face it: the only reason I read this book was because my #4 direct descendant picked it out for us to read together. We'd already read POKÉMON: Best of Pokemon Adventures: Yellow, complete with sound effects (of which there are many written out for us to vocalize) and this one was much the same. Red is basically the TV version of Ash, and this is his story starting out, capturing his first monsters, etc. We had a great time reading it over the course of a couple weeks and I had fun putting ...more
Kristin
Nov 14, 2014 Kristin rated it really liked it
I believe this is my first manga!? Is it a manga!?

Anyways! I really enjoyed it! I really enjoy Pokemon, so when I found this I wanted to read it instantly! Though, is this the story that Ash Catchem was based off of!? Because the characters are similar. I really enjoyed it, it was just a bit choppy in the story and hard to figure out which part to read next.

:) but I enjoyed it so much!
Rickie
Aug 10, 2015 Rickie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
The Best of Pokemon Adventures: Red is a great way to get fans of the Pokemon series, let alone anyone looking for a good read, into the manga. It showcases some of Red's major battles, introduces main characters that push the series to great heights, and the manga is much more creative than the games and anime in my opinion. It fills the reader with curiosity to figure out what happens between each event in this Best of, and will keep you hungry for more even after you finish each manga. I can ...more
Roxabloxen
May 05, 2016 Roxabloxen rated it it was amazing
Awesome
Jeff Fong
May 25, 2012 Jeff Fong rated it it was amazing
BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ. It's about Pokemon, if you couldn't tell already. It tells a story about a kid named Red and his enemy Blue. The book brings back so much memories from the days when i played Pokemon. It ressembles a plot of one of the pokemon games but i don't remember which one. Anyways, he goes on a journey though towns and catches his first pokemon.
Stephanie
Jun 05, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, video-games
The stories may be disjointed because this is a "best of" compilation, but together they're very readable. I love the Pokemon games, but the anime is unbearable. It's embarrassing to me now, as an adult--though I adored it as a kid. But Pokemon Adventures follows trainer Red, not Ash. It's really fun, and Professor Oak has some very cool moments.
Samuel Yeomans
Apr 21, 2015 Samuel Yeomans rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
This book is so amazing that Ash and Pikachu and his friends go on a adventure.
Owen
May 24, 2011 Owen rated it really liked it
I wasnt doing aney thing I was bord and I saw the book and began to read ti I did not think it was going to be instring but when I began to read it I found it to be real fun I thin all ages shold read it and like that old saying Dont juge a book by it`s cover dont juge this book read it cause it realy good. ...more
Holly Letson
Ash was obviously based on this "Red" character. So, reading about Red was really enjoyable. I kept spotting differences in the manga story here, and the anime story I have loved for years, and that kept me interested in reading more. I couldn't put this wonderful manga down!
Justin S.
Feb 23, 2012 Justin S. rated it really liked it
I think this book was a good book because it has a lot of action. I think people should read this book because its like a comic book.There is fire breathing dragons, water squirting turtles,etc. I liked this book and I think evreyone should read it.
StarGirl
Nov 17, 2013 StarGirl rated it it was amazing
As some of you might know, I'm totally obsessed with pokemon so I really loved this book. There are some really funny parts as well as suspenseful parts. I loved this book! (But then again, I technically love any pokemon book!
Malik Pearson
Sep 25, 2012 Malik Pearson rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was fun because as a little kid I watched pokemon every single day and I was and still am a huge fan of pokemon!And it was great to read the book that reminded me of good,fun cartoon memories!
Kristie
Dec 06, 2012 Kristie rated it it was amazing

How are you sappustt to read this???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???!!?!!!!!??!!!?!!!?'?!??!!?!?!?!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!!!!????????!?!?!!!!?!!?!!!!!!?!??!??!
?!?!?!!?!?!
Malak Aly
Dec 24, 2012 Malak Aly is currently reading it
A fun series that came just in time to give me a taste of my childhood. I'd missed the light-hearted adventures of Red and Pikachu! ^_^
Reading a graphic book of them beats watching the cartoon at any time!
Charlie
Sep 24, 2009 Charlie rated it it was amazing
In the Chinese version of this book. The pokemon actually die! For example, there was an Arbok that got cut in half!
Tasia
Nov 11, 2012 Tasia rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, japan
Aw man, hello nostalgia. I loved the art! Epic fight scenes, and I love the way they stylized the pokemon.
Shock
Jun 25, 2013 Shock rated it it was amazing
I like this a lot. Nice manga with epic battles and more as usual.
JEEZ i'm addicted to this stuff!
Kaylei
Apr 01, 2010 Kaylei rated it it was amazing
The book was really entertaining. I just thought of Red like another version of Ash.
Luigiman27
Oct 21, 2009 Luigiman27 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS THE BEST MANGA/POKEMON BOOK I'VE EVER READ GO OUT AND BUY IT NOW!
  • Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 2
  • Pokémon Mytery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team
  • Island of the Giant Pokemon (Pokemon Chapter Book, #2)
  • Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (Prima's Official Strategy Guide)
  • Pokemon Graphic Novel, Volume 1: The Electric Tale Of Pikachu!
  • The Official Pokémon Handbook
  • Pokemon (Piano Sheet Music)
  • Pokemon Ultimate Handbook
  • Let's Find Pokemon! Special Complete Edition: Find Pokemon Sp Ed
  • Pokemon
  • Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Pokédex - The Official Pokémon Full Pokédex Guide
207961
Created the Pokemon Adventures series.

Also made a Pokemon Rangers/ Almia manga. It is based on the game Pokemon Rangers, Shadows of Almia
More about Hidenori Kusaka...

The Best of Pokémon Adventures (2 books)
  • The Best of Pokémon Adventures: Yellow