POKÉMON: Best of Pokemon Adventures: Red

POKÉMON: Best of Pokemon Adventures: Red

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  744 ratings  ·  41 reviews
A collection of stories featuring Red and an assortment of Pokemon characters.
Published October 17th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about POKÉMON, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about POKÉMON

Pokémon Adventures by Hidenori KusakaPokemon Adventures by Hidenori KusakaPokemon Adventures, Vol. 4 by Hidenori KusakaPokemon Adventures by Hidenori KusakaPokemon Ultimate Handbook by Cris Silvestri
Best Pokemon Books
9th out of 31 books — 20 voters
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakLlama Llama Red Pajama by Anna DewdneySylvester and the Magic Pebble by William SteigSecrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon MullTigers at Twilight by Mary Pope Osborne
Fantasy Heavean
32nd out of 73 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Timothy807
Well this book is really good b/c like i am a pokemon fan so yeahhhh. And like this book is also a fantasy book the book was all about a boy named Red. I know he is named after a color it is weird.So in the begining he is a some body at least in his home town so he wants to beacome the world greatest pokemon trainer. And goes to a professor (guy who is a expert of pokemon) and the man says that Red is a pokemon theif but he is not so. Red is clumsy so i bumps into all the poke balls and all the...more
Robert Horne
Aug 09, 2008 Robert Horne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who is willing to try something new and some who is interested in mythical creatures.
Have you every wondered if there are magical creatures with cool abilities? Well, there are! There are Pokemon. I have read the books and this book is AWESOME! Why it tells one heck of a story. You read about cool Pokemon and some pretty awesome battles.

The story is about a boy who gets new Pokemon and he becomes the champion. First, the boy caught Bulbasaur, then Pikachu, then Poliwhirl, and finally Snorlax. Next Ash (the boy) beat the gym leaders. Last, he beat his rival blue. He became the ch...more
Bernard
Jan 21, 2014 Bernard rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bernard by: Noah Assaf
Let's face it: the only reason I read this book was because my #4 direct descendant picked it out for us to read together. We'd already read POKÉMON: Best of Pokemon Adventures: Yellow, complete with sound effects (of which there are many written out for us to vocalize) and this one was much the same. Red is basically the TV version of Ash, and this is his story starting out, capturing his first monsters, etc. We had a great time reading it over the course of a couple weeks and I had fun putting...more
Ms.
this book is about a pokemon trainer that has always wanted to be a pokemon master so he decides to start his pokemon training. It tells you storys about him going againsts rivalls and team rocket. team rocket is a gang that always gets into trouble. So the main charecter Red has to get through all these chalenges. Reds goal is to beat the pokemon league. The pokemon league is only for the best of the best pokemon trianer. How you get to the pokemon league is by batling gym leaders. There are ei...more
Brynn the Book Lover
Fav as a kid (well younger kid anyway).
Joseph Park
Very funny, entertaining, and great story about a Pokemon trainer named Red, who goes off on his very own Pokemon Adventure. This book is very closely associated with the Game Boy Color game: Pokemon Yellow. He starts off his journey in Pallet Town, and meets a Rival named Blue. He also catches his very first Pokemon. Although this book is great, it's sometimes confusing because of the language and cartoons, but it all flows with each cartoon. I would definitely recommend this book to anybody, c...more
Jabari Doyle
The type of pokemon Red. The pokemon in these are regular early. Later in the other pokemon books the pokemon get better. So the trainer name is Ash his favorite pokemon name is Pikachu: it's type is electric. The better pokemon come later in this adventure. Their called rare pokemon. Like one called Zapdos the electric bird and Moltres the fire bird. In the games the starters are the fire one Charmander: the fire one. bulbasaur: the grass one. Also the last one squirtle: the water type.
Kai
Apr 11, 2008 Kai added it
It is about a rash boy Red,his enemy Blue and the lying Green,they will get a starter pokemon by the famous pokemon expert Professer Oak in different ways.They will join forces with each other against Team Rocket which motive is to control all sources.They will also battle in the pokemon league plus a strange man that makes the finals.There will be new pokemons Mew,Mewtwo and a strange pokemon created by a strange machine and gym badges.The first series is a must read!
Jeff Fong
BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ. It's about Pokemon, if you couldn't tell already. It tells a story about a kid named Red and his enemy Blue. The book brings back so much memories from the days when i played Pokemon. It ressembles a plot of one of the pokemon games but i don't remember which one. Anyways, he goes on a journey though towns and catches his first pokemon.
Stephanie
The stories may be disjointed because this is a "best of" compilation, but together they're very readable. I love the Pokemon games, but the anime is unbearable. It's embarrassing to me now, as an adult--though I adored it as a kid. But Pokemon Adventures follows trainer Red, not Ash. It's really fun, and Professor Oak has some very cool moments.
Owen
I wasnt doing aney thing I was bord and I saw the book and began to read ti I did not think it was going to be instring but when I began to read it I found it to be real fun I thin all ages shold read it and like that old saying Dont juge a book by it`s cover dont juge this book read it cause it realy good.
Holly Letson
Ash was obviously based on this "Red" character. So, reading about Red was really enjoyable. I kept spotting differences in the manga story here, and the anime story I have loved for years, and that kept me interested in reading more. I couldn't put this wonderful manga down!
Justin S.
I think this book was a good book because it has a lot of action. I think people should read this book because its like a comic book.There is fire breathing dragons, water squirting turtles,etc. I liked this book and I think evreyone should read it.
Kirei
I read this book out loud to my six year old son. It is hard to rate because I was less than thrilled, by my son ADORED it. So I have it his rating.

He loved it so much I am considering buying the other Best of Pokemon Adventures (Yellow).
Stargirl
As some of you might know, I'm totally obsessed with pokemon so I really loved this book. There are some really funny parts as well as suspenseful parts. I loved this book! (But then again, I technically love any pokemon book!
Malik Pearson
I thought this book was fun because as a little kid I watched pokemon every single day and I was and still am a huge fan of pokemon!And it was great to read the book that reminded me of good,fun cartoon memories!
Kristie

How are you sappustt to read this???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???!!?!!!!!??!!!?!!!?'?!??!!?!?!?!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!!!!????????!?!?!!!!?!!?!!!!!!?!??!??!
?!?!?!!?!?!
Malak Aly
Dec 24, 2012 Malak Aly is currently reading it
A fun series that came just in time to give me a taste of my childhood. I'd missed the light-hearted adventures of Red and Pikachu! ^_^
Reading a graphic book of them beats watching the cartoon at any time!
$ɨℓ˅¥
Dec 12, 2013 $ɨℓ˅¥ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: PokeFanatics and Fanfiction Lovers
It's a good pokemon manga overall, although I was not drawn into it due to reasons
I will not tell (Cause of Spoilers). I loved the art design for pikachu, good job on that!
Solidad
I makes videos on this.
I write fanfiction.
I draw pictures.
I hate to say it.
I'm obssesed.
When will the madness stop??
Charlie
In the Chinese version of this book. The pokemon actually die! For example, there was an Arbok that got cut in half!
Tasia
Aw man, hello nostalgia. I loved the art! Epic fight scenes, and I love the way they stylized the pokemon.
Shock
I like this a lot. Nice manga with epic battles and more as usual.
JEEZ i'm addicted to this stuff!
Kaylei
The book was really entertaining. I just thought of Red like another version of Ash.
Luigiman27
THIS IS THE BEST MANGA/POKEMON BOOK I'VE EVER READ GO OUT AND BUY IT NOW!
Kevin
Jul 06, 2012 Kevin added it

How do you read the book on here
Yasmin
Jul 16, 2014 Yasmin added it
Recommended to Yasmin by: Bulat the butt
Bulat read this book. He rates it 5 stars.
Akbar
one of the best pokemon comic books I ever read
Gommeisa0
Its a good book its fun to read.
taz/ matthew
Feb 10, 2008 taz/ matthew rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: RENAN
Recommended to taz/ matthew by: RENAN
HE REMINDS ME OF ASH!
  • Pokémon Mytery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team
  • Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 1
  • Island of the Giant Pokemon (Pokemon Chapter Book, #2)
  • Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (Prima's Official Strategy Guide)
  • Pokemon Graphic Novel, Volume 1: The Electric Tale Of Pikachu!
  • Pokemon
  • Pokemon Ultimate Handbook
  • The Official Pokémon Handbook
  • Pokémon Platinum Version - The Official Pokémon Guide
  • My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Volume 2
  • My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic #2
  • Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch, Vol. 02
  • Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, Vol. 10 (Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura, #10)
  • After the Flood (Warriors: Skyclan and the Stranger, #3)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Part 1 (Zelda, #1)
  • Dragon Drive, Volume 1 (Dragon Drive)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, Vol. 1:  Duelist Kingdom (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist, #1)
207961
Created the Pokemon Adventures series.

Also made a Pokemon Rangers/ Almia manga. It is based on the game Pokemon Rangers, Shadows of Almia
More about Hidenori Kusaka...
POKÉMON: Best of Pokemon Adventures: Yellow Pokemon Adventures, Volume 1: Desperado Pikachu Pokemon Adventures, Vol. 5 Pokemon Adventures, Vol. 4 Pokemon Adventures, Vol. 2