Start by marking “Texan's Dream (McClain Series #5)” as Want to Read:
Texan's Dream (McClain Series #5)

Texan's Dream (The McLain Series #5)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  484 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Nineteenth-century Texas was alive with lovers and scoundrels, drifters and dreamers. It was a land brimming with wild, glorious passions—passions USA Today bestselling author Jodi Thomas tenderly evokes in this exquisite new novel…

Fleeing trouble in Pittsburgh, young Kara O’Riley has no choice but to travel as far West as her meager funds will take her. And when she hires
Published November 1st 2001 by Penguin Group US

To ask other readers questions about Texan's Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texan's Dream

Kathleen
A frustrating read, and often boring. An Irish gal, Karina O'Reilly, shortened to Kara, kept blowing hot and cold on Jonathan Catlin, her boss. Meanwhile, he blew hot and cold right back! Several silly squabbles. In the end, I simply didn't care about their relationship.

Jonathan was initially portrayed as a cold, hard, killer with no friends, no love, etc. But in reality, the author completely countered her initial portrayal. Jonathan was kind and loyal, with a loving sister and several very goo
Linda
I have read quite a few of Jodi Thomas' books and have loved every one of them. This book is the fifth in a series that I really enjoyed but this book did not stand up to her high standards. The storyline was good but it seemed that it jumped around a lot, fast in one point or slower in another. Still would recommend it as the fifth of this series.
Diah Didi
Since I loved Wife Lottery series, I kinda had a big expectations reading this. I bought this used book without knowing it's the last series.
But somehow it's not that great. I did love the story, the relationship between Kara and Jonathan, along with his people in Caitlin's Ranch. Especially how Jonathan's guards acted around and toward Kara. But I was hoping there would be conflict involving Kara and Quil, Jonathan's Indian used-to-be best friend since Kara once acted she's saving his son when
Krissie
Zakia
Not the best in the series but still okay. Not much action though.
Jacqueline Sinard
Loved this book. The characters were well thought out and several times I found myself chuckling quitely as I read it. I mean who wouldn't laugh at an anrgy irish woman throwing food at the man who just unknowingly insulted her. Jonathon had it coming he just didn't know it. But as much as the book is funny, it is also sweet. After he realized that he had hurt her feelings, he apologized and used the sweetest words.

Would definitely recommend this book.
Missy Jane
Another great historical romance from one of my favorite authors. Here we have the story of a young Irish woman, Kara, and a Texas rancher, Jonathan. This very unlikely couple doesn't even like each other when they first meet, but in true romantic fashion JT shows how they are more perfectly matched than they ever imagined. Great romantic read.
Debbie Turner
I liked this book also. There are 5 books in The Mclain Series and I loved them all. I had never read a Jodi Thomas book but I think she is a very good author and I am looking forward to reading more of her books.
Maura
Heroine has to leave Pittsburg because of Union clashes and her Irish family. She takes job in Texas on a ranch and falls in love with hero. First time I have read ths author and I just couldn't get into the story.
Hafiza
Cute
Mindless way to pass the time, with an Ok romance novel.
Skimmed at times.
Rose
Light, funny read. A book to read to pass the time.
Marcella
I liked the story and the characters
Tisha
GETS BETTER EAXC TIME- I LOVE HER BOOKS
Mcfree
Mcfree marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Dobby0390
Dobby0390 marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Abby Uhrich
Abby Uhrich marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Jody Pulcheon
Jody Pulcheon marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • Texas Splendor (Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Rose (Seven Brides, #1)
  • Caroline and the Raider (Orphan Train, #3)
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
  • The Wedding Promise
20273
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...

The McLain Series (5 books)
  • The Texan's Touch (The McLain Series, #1)
  • To Kiss a Texan (The McLain Series 2)
  • To Wed in Texas (The McLain Series 3)
  • Twilight in Texas (The McLain Series 4)
The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1) When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2) A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3) Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1)