Start by marking “İkiz Bedenler (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #4)” as Want to Read:
İkiz Bedenler (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #4)

İkiz Bedenler (Rizzoli & Isles #4)

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  26,924 ratings  ·  1,021 reviews
Dr. Maura Isles, deyim yerindeyse hayatının en tehlikeli olayına tanık olmak üzeredir. Yüzleşeceği seri katil beraberinde çok gizli sırları açığa çıkartacak. Cerrah ve Günahkar adlı romanların devamı olan bu muhteşem gerilim romanında Jane Rizzoli serisinin yeni hikayesine tanık olacağız.
Dr Maura Isles, geçimini kadavraları incelemekle sağlamaktadır. Metropolitan City’de p
448 pages
Published January 2010 by Martı Yayınları (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about İkiz Bedenler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about İkiz Bedenler

Lain
I love thrillers, but I hate the type where every page is a blood bath, and the author focuses more on grossing out the reader than on trying to create a good story.

That's why I am so happy to have discovered Tess Gerritsen. She offers a page-turner that actually has a plot that makes me want to keep reading.

Body Double is one of my first Gerritsen books, but I wasn't hampered by the fact that I wasn't familiar with the characters. The author does a great job of making everyone accessible, whi
Paige  Bookdragon
Minus one star because of Maura Isles.That bitch...

description

Look. The book is okay, the suspense is alright, the gory things are fun, Jane Rizzoli has evolved into something tolerable and she's less whiny now compared to the first and second book, but let's not rejoice yet people. Someone just has to destroy my happiness and that is Maura.

If there's such thing as a classy slut, then you gotta give it to her. On the third book, The Sinner I was already giving her the evil eye because of her character. Le
Aoibhínn
I just finished this book this afternoon and I utterly enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. I was completely gripped from the first page. The book is full of twists and turns and I was totally not expecting that ending! It was the first crime novel that I've read in a long time where I was wrong about who the killer was (I normally guess the killer correctly before I'm halfway through the book). I'm looking forward to reading some more of Tess's books in the future :)

PS: I also watch the TV show
Brenda
Nov 20, 2011 Brenda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: suspense/thriller lovers
Tess Gerritsen has done it again! And this one was amazing!

Boston medical examiner, Dr Maura Isles, was relaxing for a few days in Paris after a conference before heading home, and back to work. When she arrived back in Boston, she discovered the airlines had lost her luggage, so after filling in lost property forms, she finally hailed a cab to take her home. She was exhausted from the long flight, so when she roused herself from the doze she'd been in, the cabbie was braking hard, and talking
Martha
Love all the books with Dr. Maura Isles and Det Jane Rizzoli
Fergie
Being a fan of the hit TNT television show, Rizzoli & Isles, I felt drawn to the books that inspired the characters. Tess Gerritsen vividly brings Boston homicide detective, Jane Rizzoli, and medical examiner, Dr. Maura Isles, to life in the pages of this book. This is not the first book in the series, but one doesn't need to have read the prior novels to understand what's occurring in the plot. Gerritsen backtracks to prior knowledge when it's needed to discuss pertinent backstory. I chose ...more
J.R.
Dr. Maura Isles comes home to Boston from a medical conference in Paris to discover police investigating a murder just outside her home. And the victim is her exact double.

DNA tests reveal the murder victim is, in fact, her twin sister, though the doctor, an adoptee, wasn’t aware she had any siblings. Subsequent investigation discloses she and her twin were sold to a baby broker lawyer by a psychotic woman serving a life term for a double homicide. Could that woman be their mother?

The story proc
Neide Parafitas
Num dia como outro qualquer Maura Isles depara-se com um aparato policial à sua porta e descobre o cadáver de uma mulher... igual a si! Um teste de ADN comprova que esta mulher é sua irmã gémea. O seu choque não podia ser maior!

Maura que sempre soube ser adoptada, pensava no entanto ser filha única e esta descoberta vai levá-la a querer conhecer o seu passado, mas estará ela preparada para trazer à luz segredos tão macabros??

Mais um livro de Tess de que gostei muito! Venha o próximo :)
David
Tess Gerritsen has done it again! A thriller that is high on suspense, tension and plot and low on the confronting gore that thwarts so many of the books in this genre.
Dr. Maura Isles arrives home from an overseas conference to discover police investigating a murder just outside her home. The victim is her exact double and turns out to be the identical twin sister Maura never knew she had.
This of course poses many more questions than answers for an adopted-at-birth person such as Maura. Why wa
Whitney
I enjoyed this book much more than the other Tess Gerritsen book I read, Vanished. This one was quick and entertaining. Unfortunately, I don't think this was the next one in sequence like I thought it was. She made references to things that happened in other books that I haven't read yet so that kind of ruined it. I can't read The Surgeon now becuase this book gave away the ending. I found Maura and Jane to be more likable this time around. I didn't know what to think about Ballard until the end ...more
Autumn
Body Double opens with a beautiful day in Paris. Maura Isles is touring the catacombs, taking a break at a delicious café, and enjoying the last moments of her vacation. Little does she know what will await her when she arrives home. As a tired Isles pulls up to her home upon returning, she sees police and barricades. Seeing Jane Rizzoli at the scene, she goes over to investigate what is happening in front of her house. She notices a car with a dead woman inside. She sees shocked expressions on ...more
Merve  Özcan
Kitap pek benim tarzım olmasa da güzeldi, anlatımı akıcıydı.Bir kitapta aradığım bir çok vardı.(özellikle sert kadınlar) Tek sorun olanları çoğu zaman önceden anlıyordunuz. Ballard'ın annaya aşık olması ya da Maura!nın annesini tekrar görmeye gidip babasının o canavar olması ya da Anna'nın Mauranın kardeşi olması. Biz bunları anında görüyoruz okuyucular olarak.Karakterlerin se bunu görmesi çok uzun zaman alıyor ve bu tür kitaplar beni sıkıyor.
Bu ufak kişisel olayın dışında Kitap Dönüşümlü olarak
Stacey
I had recently read 'Bone Garden' and wanted to read more of Gerritsen's books. When I got this book, I didn't realize it was the middle book in a series. It didn't matter though because any reference to previous cases (books) were not indepth enough to make me feel like I was missing a piece of a puzzle. However, now I have decided my next book in this series will be the first one; might as well read them in order now.
Body Double is the story of Medical Examiner, Isles, discovering who her biol
Ceren Ünlü
Tess Gerritesen'in yazdığı İKİZ BEDENLER bitti. Yazara bir alkış ! :) Kitap muheteşemdi, tabiki de. :) Zaten Tess G.'dan da daha aşağısı beklenemezdi. Her sayfa da bir heyecan... Soluksuz, merak için de geçen sayfalar... Süperdi ! Yazarın dili, kurgu, karakterler mükemmeldi.

Babanın, annenin ve kardeşinin birer seri katil olduğunu öğrensen ne yapardın ? Kan, candan önemli midir ?

Ya aşk ? Birine sadece aşık mı yoksa aşk dediğinin aslında takıntı mı olduğunu nasıl anlardın ?

Yıllardır acımasızca sür
Trudy
What I like about some authors is their ability to create likeable characters and continue their personal stories throughout a series of really good mysteries. This book focus on the history of Dr. Isles - the medical examiner dubbed "the Queen of the Dead." It is hard to say too much about this story without giving anything away, but I will say that parts of this mystery had me guessing all the way to the end.

Another strong book by Tess Gerritsen... I continue to be drawn in by her unique stori
Nihal Vrana
This is hands-down one of the worst books I have ever read. I'm not a big fan of the thriller genre, but they generally have a level of quality in writing. Robert Ludlum, Clive Cussler, Wilbur Smith, even Dan Brown...you feel like you read something professional even though you might not enjoy it. This one reads like a thriller that came out of a county book club writing workshop.

I cannot believe it's the fourth book of a series, the characters are so stereotypical, so two-dimensional. The most
Siobhan
The fourth book in the Rizzoli and Isles series is another book which offers insight into the enigma that is Isles. With a fabulous story, you will be hooked throughout as you learn more and more about the past of one of the main characters. Many reviews of the Rizzoli and Isles books suggest that Isles is the favoured of the two characters in most people’s eyes, therefore putting this book quite high up on their favourite list when it comes to the series. Whilst such may not be the case for me ...more
CJ
What would you do if you found out you had an identical twin... and was found dead a few feet from your doorstep? That is what Dr. Maura Isles experiences and she searches far and wide to find out about the family she never knew as well as people she will live to want to forget. She unravels a twisted series of murders that have been going on just under all of the police authority's noses and only she will track down and find out a case that not only will stop the murders from continuing but bri ...more
Joy
The thing I love about a Tess Gerritsen novel is that her style never gets old, and I've never guessed the perpetrator until s/he is revealed.

This story focused more on Dr Maura Isles and a shocking truth. Jane Rizzoli, now 8 months pregnant, is still on the job and little by little they're becoming friends, not just colleagues. There are subtle hints but it's there.

There are two stories interwoven and it's like 80-20. After 40 years, Maura found out she had a sister, "had" being the operative w
Lady
Tess Gerritsen gives her books three major themes that I crave and love: knowledgeable information, gripping storyline, and realistic characters. A fourth but not required theme that she always throws in, much to my pleasure, is trust in the reader to be intelligent.

Body Double is no disappointment. I finished this book in two days, causing my roommate to believe I had died in the bathtub. I was in fact sitting in room temperature water looking like a wrinkled old lady because I couldn't set it
Ana T.
I was thinking of pacing myself and save Gerritsen's books for a rainy day but the truth is that I can't resist them and one of these days I grabbed Body Double.

One of the things that I am greatly enjoying with Gerritsen is how she writes an opening scene that, apparently, has nothing to do with what happens next. I the previous book I kept thinking of that opening scene and wondering what it was all about. This time I already knew she was going to surprise me with a connection.

The focus in this
Kellie
-#4 of the Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles series-This was an incredible thriller. This is a series that is getting better after every book. I could not put this one down. Maura Isles gets home from Paris and there are emergency vehicles in front of her house. The victim is someone who looks just like her. And so it begins. Rizzoli, the homicide detective and friend of Maura, is working the case. She’s pregnant which plays an interesting part in this mystery. The characters in the series are gettin ...more
Marla
Another great audio book about Rizzoli and Dr. Isles. This time it was focused on Dr. Isles and her life. Someone is murdered outside her house who is identical to Dr. Isles. This starts a path that Maura starts to wonder if she should have gone down. There are lots of twits and turns and second guesses on who did it. It has a shocker to the end. There are some creepy characters and some characters you grow to like. I find while listening to this series I tend to arrive at my destination not kno ...more
Melissa
When you read one, you gotta read the other when you find it at a used book store for 2 dollars, so I picked it up and same deal it was as if I was watching television when I read her books, my imagination just takes it there and she writes it well enough for the picture to be perfect. Now when I think of the two books of hers that I have read it is as if I think of them in the way I would remember a movie. vivid imagery. is that how you spell imagery? it looks silly...entertainment if you like ...more
Joan
I have to be honest – I don’t enjoy reading crime novels where the detectives are female. It’s just one of those things along with being OCD about numbers and so on. But this was highly recommended and I had just finished reading Ben Aaronvitch’s wonderful ‘Rivers of London’ and needed something to take its place so I took a chance.

The following review however is not affected by my dislike of women in crime stories, but I will, hopefully, give a fair account of why this simple didn’t work for me
Susan W
Ok, so I had finger nails at the beginning of this book.

Holy shit I kept saying reading this. Just imagine you are adopted and then not knowing you have any siblings find out you have one.....a twin that has just turned up dead in front of your house. Spooked yet?

As you read and think you are getting close to the end be prepared........she keeps you chawing on your fingers right to the end.

No shit.

Ok...now I cant sleep.
Lewis Weinstein
I just read The Likeness by Tana French and now I'm reading this. In both, the story is about a dead woman who looks exactly like the main character who now has to investigate the murder. Strange. LATER ... the stories are totally different.

This was a solid investigative thriller, with some surprises. A quality read.
Carol
This book gave me nightmares. Being buried alive is one of my irrational fears and this is about a serial killer who buries his victims alive. If you like thrillers, this is well written and I did not figure out the mystery until the end. I had to switch to a funny book as soon as I finished this, though so I could sleep.
Ufuk Cem
İkiz Bedenler Tess'in okduğum ilk kitabıydı ve gerçekten muhteşemdi. Uzun bir yorum veya inceleme yapmayacağım, çünkü fazla vaktim yok. Daha sonra yapacağım fakat beni benden aldı kitap. Tüm o gizemler, sırlar açığa çıkınca nasıl heyecanlandım bir bilseniz :D
Dilara
Another great Gerristen novel.

This one is one of my favorites mostly because I really enjoy the character of Dr. Maura Isles.

The Women's Myste...: Body Double #4 1 4 Aug 09, 2013 09:37PM
Tess Gerritsen Fans: Body Double (Group Read - October 2011) 38 56 Jan 01, 2012 07:14PM
  • Fractured (Will Trent, #2)
  • Monday Mourning (Temperance Brennan, #7)
  • The Face of Death (Smoky Barrett, #2)
  • Whispers of the Dead (David Hunter, #3)
  • The Killing Hour (Quincy & Rainie, #4)
  • Exposed (Maggie O'Dell, #6)
  • Kill the Messenger
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller
More about Tess Gerritsen...

Rizzoli & Isles (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
  • The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2)
  • The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
  • Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5)
  • The Mephisto Club (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)
  • The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7)
  • Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Last to Die (Rizzoli & Isles, #10)
  • Die Again (Rizzoli & Isles, #11)
The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1) Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5) The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2) The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3) Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)

“We are all descended from monsters.” 27 likes
“Even divorce, she thought, cannot erase all the bonds forged by years of marriage. Long after the papers are signed, decrees notarized, the ties still remain. And the most powerful tie of all is written in a child's flesh and blood.” 25 likes