Lutheranism 101

Lutheranism 101

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Lutheranism 101 examines Lutheran beliefs and heritage in a fresh way. If you are a lifelong Lutheran searching for more information or new to Lutheranism looking to understand what we believe, this book will be your guide.
Published October 1st 2010 by Concordia Publishing House (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lutheranism 101, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lutheranism 101

Josh
Personally, I am a Southern Baptist and have no intentions of changing denominations. However, I am grateful to God for the changes he wrought in Martin Luther and how He used him to start a reformation on the church that is still going on today. Therefore, I was very intrigued by this book and wanted to see some of the differences in theology that Lutherans hold to versus what other denominations believe (specifically Baptists) and I was not disappointed at all with this book. I was already awa...more
Joel Schaefer
While the title suggest this is specifically about Lutheranism, the reality is that this book is much more about Christianity in general, and does provide a limited amount of scope on Lutheranism. this was suggested to me by Pastor Decker, and was very helpful to a novice to better understand some of the very complex Christian concepts. A very good place to start an understanding of Christianity.
Tracy
I became a Lutheran in 1999 and wanted to learn more about the Lutheran faith to make sure that it fits my beliefs. So, I bought the kindle version of this book.
I was pleased on how thorough this book was. I was disappointed to see that they have slightly insulted my branch of Lutheranism (ELCA). Yes, we are the ones who made the decision to allow gays to be ordained and allow individual churches to decide whether to "call" a gay minister. Otherwise, I enjoyed all areas of this book. I found so...more
Greg Reed
This is a very easy to read book with lots of good information on Lutheranism. It is a book that all Lutherans should read periodically to remember the roots and basic beliefs of Lutheranism. It also a good book for those who are interested in what Lutherans believe.
Pastor Don
Actually this is more like Lutheranism 202 or above, but if you really want to know what we Lutherans believe then read this book. Great as a Bible study with "The Course" and we are almost through here at Trinity Lutheran Burlington.
Christ's peace!
Arthur O'dell
More comprehensive than I expected, which is a good thing. An excellent resource for someone wanting to learn more about Lutheranism but it may be a little too daunting for a casual reader.
Heather Melcher
Well, I'm probably a little biased in my rating, because I am one of the authors of this book. But, it really is an amazing resource to help people understand what Lutherans believe and do.
Susan

It was quite basic for me as a lifelong Lutheran, but I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for thorough information on our history, what we believe, and why.
Luke Brown
Tremendous resource! Very useful as an introduction to Lutheranism or as a refresher. I think anyone would find something interesting in this wide-ranging, brief guide.
Iain
It's the LCMS sunday school textbook.
Susie Meyer
very informative
John Taylor
John Taylor marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
o| hannah |o
o| hannah |o marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Jackie
Jackie is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2014
Shauna
Shauna is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2014
Kyle
Kyle added it
Jul 18, 2014
Tatiana
Tatiana is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2014
Sarah Billing
Sarah Billing is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Treasury of Daily Prayer Worshiping with Angels and Archangels: An Introduction to the Divine Service Lutheranism 101: The Course Living with Dying: Blessings and Prayers for Those Who Grieve