The Elegant Solution: Rumus Sukses Toyota Menguasai Inovasi

The Elegant Solution: Rumus Sukses Toyota Menguasai Inovasi

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  15 reviews
"Toyota is becoming a double threat: the world's finest manufacturer and a truly great innovator . . . that formula, a combination of production prowess and technical innovation, is an unbeatable recipe for success."

-- Fortune, February 2006

For the first time, an insider reveals the formula behind Toyota's unceasing quest to innovate and do more with less, a philosophy th

Published 2007 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Elegant Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Elegant Solution

Alisyah Samosir
Buku ini sangat berharga!!!

Seharusnya buku ini jauh lebih tebal lagi karena hal-hal yang digambarkan sangat nyata, menginspirasi, dan menyadarkan betapa potensi seorang manusia sangat besar. Namun sesuai dengan konsep Toyota, yang juga dijelaskan di buku ini, solusi yang elegan adalah yang simpel, tidak bertele-tele. Yang penting pesannya nyampai ke pemirsa.

Penulis mengisahkan tiga kisah paling WOW mengenai Toyota, yakni bagaimana mereka terpikir, kemudian merencanakan, merancang, membangun, hin...more
Robert

According to May, "Elegance isn't about being hoity-toity. It's not about lofty concepts and grand designs. It's not about beauty or grace, or anything to do with aesthetics - ugly is okay. Elegance is about something much more profound. It's about finding the `aha' solution to a problem with the greatest parsimony of effort and expense. Creativity plays a part. Simplicity plays a part. Intelligence plays a part. Add in subtlety, economy, and quality, and you get elegance...Elegant solutions rel...more
Brian
"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away". This quote from Antoine de Saint Exupery is included in "The Elegant Solution" and perfectly sums up the premise.

I would hate to classify this as just a lean book because I think it can have value for non-lean organizations since innovation is needed everywhere. For the people who have practiced Lean, this book is of value because it taps into something important - CREATIVITY.

I enjoyed th...more
L.G. Estrella
The Elegant Solution delves into the processes and culture behind Toyota's success in developing and applying innovative practices in manufacturing and management.

The book provides a number of clear examples that are explained in an easily digested narrative style. The focus on first describing and then explaining what Toyota does serves a valuable purpose: it allows the reader to more readily grasp why Toyota does things the way they do. Too often books examining innovation find themselves mire...more
Nick
I started reading this book a while ago. It has a lot of platitudes which makes it a little annoying, but there is some good solid info in there. There is concrete advice on how how you can develop elegant solutions for your organization. The book is partially about the people and innovation strategy of Toyota. The movie "Gung Ho" was based on Toyota's management takeover of an American car company (I can't remember offhand which one it was) and totally turned it's quality of the cars and morale...more
Rebecca
I'm a pretty strong problem solver and creative thinker in my own right, and I came away with a number of good ideas from this book. I especially liked comparing the lifecycle of an idea to the Scientific Method. I've known from my own work that there's a definite process to ideas, but I really hadn't thought about how that process worked.

I think anybody would benefit from reading this book.
Rick Austin
Very good discussion of the benefits of continuous improvement as implemented by the Toyota Production System. For those of you that are familiar with TPS you may not gain much value. For those that are not familiar with TPS then this is a great introduction. The thing that I really liked about this book was the number of real world examples used to illustrate the concepts.
xdroot
a good case for continuous improvement both at a corporate and personal level. the author talks about the tools and principles involved and provides a framework of how things fit together; and describing it all without resorting to jargon or obfuscation.
Jon
The results that Toyota has had with their philosophies and strategies are almost unequalled. They have proven that what they do works. In my opinion, to try and implement some of these ideas in ones own business is a no-brainer. Great stuff!
T.M. Mullin
Probably the best business book I have read. Well written and a great explanation of the principles that make the Toyota Production System work. Great for anyone interested in applying innovation and creating a learning organization.
Brian Cuban
Grat book that follows up on the Toyota Production and Innovation theories which are followed by countless business outside of manfacturing, I would read this in conjunction with The Toyota Way
Gerry Divino
Solutions don't always have to be earth-shaking or mind-boggling. Sometimes the simplest solution, the elegant solution is the best.
Lori Grant
A should-read company profile for knowledge workers, managers, directors, C-levels, and entrepreneurs.
Kate
Great for people with jobs that are project based.
Mindy
Reading for a work project
Donna Fox
Donna Fox marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Yang Tiono
Yang Tiono is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2014
Gökay
Gökay marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Emanoel Miranda
Emanoel Miranda marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Jlm
Jlm marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
J
J marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Edson
Edson marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Rick Barlow
Rick Barlow marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
In Pursuit of Elegance: Why the Best Ideas Have Something Missing The Laws of Subtraction: Six Simple Rules for Winning in the Age of Excess Everything The Shibumi Strategy: A Powerful Way to Create Meaningful Change