Start by marking “How To Master Anxiety: All You Need To Know To Overcome Stress, Panic Attacks, Trauma, Phobias, Obsessions And More (Human Givens Approach)” as Want to Read:

Based on the human givens approach to psychotherapy, this book contains science-based insights into human behavior, our needs and the way in which we get those needs met that will help you overcome a wide range of anxiety-led behaviors and take back control of your life.
Published 2012 by Human Givens (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about How To Master Anxiety, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How To Master Anxiety

Mary
Oct 11, 2009 Mary rated it it was amazing
Good relaxation techniques are described that anyone can use at anytime needed. Clear description of the causes of each anxiety disorder. I really like these 'Human Givens' books because they are not holding anything back as in many books I've read on psychology. They also give examples of their own cases. There is always a detailed explanation of treatments which are very practical and disorder specific.
Louise
Sep 26, 2016 Louise rated it really liked it
3.5 Rating
Not a great reader of self-help type books, I picked this up idly as I was going through a few days of stress and anxiety, but actually found myself reading on - and purchasing my own copy - because I found it easy to read, enlightening and helpful.

I have, fortunately, never suffered from panic attacks, severe OCD or some of the more severe, life-affecting forms of anxiety described in this book; I would describe myself more as fretful, someone prone to worry and overthinking, and occ
Ulrika Eriksson
Jun 09, 2014 Ulrika Eriksson rated it it was amazing
En praktisk handbok i tre delar där den första förklarar vad oro, ångest är, vad som händer i kroppen och varför; del 2 ger praktiska råd och anvisningar och del 3 handlar om att söka professionell hjälp. Tonen i boken är hela tiden positivt optimistisk och ger flera exempel på personer som kommit över svårt handikappande tillstånd som t ex OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, sociala fobier, panikattacker, psykoser m m
Upplägget är likt det i How to Lift Depression..fast, mycket med andnings- och
P A Iveson
Feb 21, 2016 P A Iveson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sexist

It's difficult to trust such awfully sexist men despite the power of their scientific insights. Just one example out of very many: in the OCD section the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex is characterised as "the boss", male even when the mind is a woman's. The boss has a secretary, the anterior cingulate. Now, guess what sex?
Judie Holliday
Aug 16, 2010 Judie Holliday rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
The beginning of this book was good - very clear, helpful suggestions for getting anxiety under control. Not all of it relevant to me (thank goodness) but a worthwhile read, none-the-less.
Lucy
Feb 23, 2016 Lucy marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Marc Corn
Oct 31, 2014 Marc Corn added it
Shelves: own-it
This book is set out very clearly, it'a very informative, and it has a lot of stories that people can relate to if they are suffering from any of the disorders within the book.
Patrícia
Patrícia rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2008
Yamimana
Yamimana rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Bee
Bee rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2017
Jack Scott
Jack Scott rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Lee Davis
Lee Davis rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Donald Scott
Donald Scott rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2014
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2008
Shona Leith
Shona Leith rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Rebekah Poole
Rebekah Poole rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Jamie Morris
Jamie Morris rated it liked it
May 19, 2014
Lucys
Lucys rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Paul Taylor
Paul Taylor rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Miss
Miss rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Annie Watkinson
Annie Watkinson rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Ged
Ged rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2011
Steven Nolan
Steven Nolan rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Terri Leaney
Terri Leaney rated it it was amazing
Dec 22, 2015
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2013