Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)

Sweet Caroline (Blue Jeans and Hard Hats #1)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  353 ratings  ·  36 reviews
The second time around is even sweeter with cherries on top.

Blue Jeans and Hard Hats, Book 1

Buck doesn t do personal projects. Until he runs into a woman wandering the aisles of the local home-improvement store, looking lost and confused. Just the way this fantasy looks at him nearly buckles his knees. In a hot second, the successful owner of a contracting company becomes...more
Published April 27th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published April 21st 2010)

~J~ Riverina Romantics
Talk about the dream handyman!! *Drools* LOOK AT THAT COVER!

I'm contemplating breaking shit in my house just to see if I can find a handyman like the strong as steel Buck.

I'm even feeling poetic. There are a whole heap of rhymes going through my head involving the name 'Buck' and what I would like to do to him.

Sweet Caroline was another scorcher from Lissa Matthews. A whole heap of explicit bedroom action that will leave you sweating and panting with need.

Caroline was the older, divorced prota...more
Holly
This was a fun, incredibly HOT book!! Typical Lissa Matthews! I have yet to read a LM book I didn't love and this one is no exception. A story of a woman finding herself after a divorce with a hunky 'handyman'!! Heartwarming and fun,with a little light BDSM thrown in. :) - I high;y recommend and hope y'all enjoy!
Laurie (Bitten by Romance)
I won this ebook from a fellow blogger and I am glad I did. I was very impressed with Lissa writing style as a matter a fact I loved it. As most of you know I have to have the right type of BDSM book or I will not like it one bit. This one was just wonderful to read. The connection and chemistry these to characters has is sizzling hot. You get floggers, clamps, anal play, all kinds of toys along with some scorching hot sex yummy with cheesecake that’s not to be missed. Don’t even let me start in...more
Lynette
The day her ex-husband marries a much younger woman, Caroline decides to go out and get piercings. She also hires a contractor to do some work on her home before she places it on the market. When Buck arrives, Caroline learns that not only is Buck good with a saw and hammer, but with other tools as well. A casual fling is perfect for Caroline because in a couple months she’ll be selling her home and moving out of state. When her feelings for Buck cross over from considering him a casual fling to...more
Dyllan, The Brazuca Ekaterina
3.5 Stars.

Caroline is a divorced older woman (40) in the middle of rebuilding her life. Her ex introduced her to the kinkier side of sex while they were married, and she loved, but had to give him up. Now alone, she finds in Buck(35), her handyman the dominant she wants and needs.

I liked this book. It was light, fun and hot.
The BDSM was more like a play than a real lifestyle to them. A bit cheesy (and not just on the cheesecake part), but it's a romance after all.
I liked the fact that Caroline w...more
Wminbc
Is it me or my mind...I don't remember this one...Like at all??? the book liner looks awesome and a re-read of some other Lissa Matthews was awesome this weekend...so I will read again. I may have been in a post Christmas funk, since the date it said I read was Jan 2, 2014!
DGS
The hotness drips off the pages of this book like lava. Good Lord.....

Caroline is a 40 year old, recently divorced woman who is looking to sell her house and move to the mountains. While wandering through the a home improvement store, she encounters Buck. Buck is a contractor who normally doesn't do the kind of work that Caroline needs done....but he feels an attraction to her - so hey, why not. Things stay completely platonic until he runs into her in a sex shop. Here, the slightly shy Caroline...more
Juju221
And his hands aren't the only thing he is good with... *fans self* ummm yeah, if you liked Simple Need you will probably like this, different settings, different characters and different needs, more D/s with toys but the same charm and a woman in need of a good man, but a man who sees the real her, and not necessarily the man she thinks she needs. That doesn't mean this is the same novel, it truly isn't, but it is another great sexy short from Lissa Matthews.

Caroline is in a position that I thin...more
Shari
Newly divorced Caroline is looking for a change. It’s time to sell the home her ex and her owned for years, but it needs a lot of repairs. Wandering the aisles of a home improvement store, she is lost about what to buy. Buck doesn’t do home improvement projects, being a local contractor. But when he sees Caroline confused in the aisles, he takes on her project in more ways than one.

Caroline greets Buck proposal eagerly wanting to move on from her past. She has started her own business, gotten th...more
Shari

Buffy Kennedy
This was a really hot book. Hell, it opens up in an adult toy store! There was only one time that I had trouble other than a few editing issues, and that was picturing a particular sex scene. Beyond that, I loved this story, mostly because it felt so authentic and Lissa Matthews paints such a vivid picture that you feel like you could put yourself in the characters’ shoes.

I really enjoyed the playful exploration they endeavor and the way they discover more and more about each other in all aspect...more
Cecile
I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...

Okay first, I want to say that I want Buck! Wooweee!!!! The man is pure sex on a stick. He is all sorts of wicked, absolutely delicious yumminess.

This is one ro...more
Joyfully Reviewed
Caroline is recovering from her divorce. She’s looking to do some remodeling to her home so she can sell it. When she questions a sexy man at the hardware store, he offers to help her with her home improvements. It’s probably wrong to fantasize about your handyman but Caroline simply cannot help herself.

Buck can’t resist the stunning woman that needs a little home repair. There’s so much more that he’d like to help her with besides her house. After a surprise meeting at the local sex toy shop Bu...more
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Full review at Ana's Attic erotic books and novelties
I really enjoyed this book. It was a REALLY quick read, with LOTS of light BDSM sex. But more than that, there is a love story.

Caroline is a 40 year old divorcee who finally got strong and kicked her ex to the curb. They had a D/s relationship, but not a good one at all. Buck is the handyman hired to fix up her house before it goes on the market and she moves. Buck is actually a contractor who took the job just to get closer to Caroline. But w...more
JoAnne Kenrick
Sweet Caroline was not only a cheeky BDSM read, but it's also a beautiful romance that includes many complexities of life after divorce and starting anew. I enjoyed the read, and found I whizzed through this novella and was hooked to every single word. Yes. That's right. Not one single paragraph was skipped.
I thought Lissa portrayed the difficulties, and emotional issues that comes with having to deal with ones ex-husband, and his new girlfriend with ease -- plus, which recently divorced woman...more
Christa Paige
Nov 28, 2010 Christa Paige rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Light BDSM readers
Recommended to Christa by: Lissa Matthews
Natasha  A.
I was very impressed with this book. It was nice to see a BDSM that wasn't all Mr. Serious BDSM, but rather Mr. Fun BDSM. It was a great to see a different take on what BDSM could be like.

Buck is a fun character who is strong and dominant, but it doesn't make him an ass like it does in many stories. Caroline is a woman who is very confident with her sexuality - she knows what she likes! But she is not as confident in the rest of her life. She has had some not so great experiences thanks to her e...more
Jacqueline
Usually I can make it through any erotica on the strength of the sex alone if that's what I'm in the mood for. Gotta say that here the sex was boring (covering mouth politely while I yawn). They were all so happy in their BDSMness. Somehow the sex seemed pretty vanilla and I'm thinking BDSM scenes should seem a bit more kinky that that. Older woman whose dom/husband let her for a sweet young thing finds love and etc., with a hot young stud/dom. The main couple just seemed so polite to each other...more
Black Butterfly
Apr 10, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: GOODREADS
Shelves: erotica, romance
ONE MAN'S RUBBISH IS ANOTHER MAN'S TREASURE. WHAT EROCTICA IS, IF YOU LIKE READING OR YOU'D LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT IT? THIS COULD BE THE BOOK, IT'S VERY WELL WRITTEN, TASTEFULLY DONE, REALLY ENLIGHTENING. ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THIS TYPE OF READ. HAVE AN OPEN MIND! I LOVE ALL TYPES OF BOOKS BUT THIS ONE WILL GO ON MY "MELLOW MELT READ LIST". TAKES SOME DOING TO GET ON MY PERSONAL LIST. OH YEAH! IT'S A LOVE STORY PLAIN & SIMPLE, A VERY, VERY BEAUTIFUL ONE I LOVED IT. THE...more
Delta

Light BDSM romance with a somewhat bland plot and heroine.
Monica
This book has(light)BDSM content.

I finished this book for the sole reason of having a guilt free conscience. I have never "dropped" a book, but this one REALLY tempted me to do it.

The characters are just so MISMATCHED that it's not even funny. Not because of the age, people. There is simply NO CHEMISTRY, whatsoever, between them.

The author tried really hard to make some kind of plot for this book, but unfortunatley she failed (It's a plain stupid "plot" if you ask me).

All of the sex scenes were...more
Ndulgent Bloggers
Who doesn't love a book that it's first word is Clamps?? First scene in the book is set in an adult toy store where Caroline is showing her handy man what she likes??? I was kinda shocked! I don't know about you but my handy man is the last person I'm gonna show that kind of stuff to. LOL... Anyway, for our full review, go to: http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogs...
Sasha
Apart from the f/f action, I thought it was pretty hot. All the talk of piercings seemed really painful though. However it was interesting - like watching an HBO documentary about prostitution, you'd never do it but its fascinating to watch someone talk about the intricacies of it.
Rebecca
This book was okay for a quick read - I would've liked some more depth in the main characters though it seems the author was striving for it. And dare I say it *cringe*, there may have been too much sex in relation to the rest of the story line.
gert
meh. i like a little more story with my sex. this was sex, sex, sex. mild bdsm. but the storyline is uber lame. made the mistake of buying the first two books at the same time. wish i had waited to finish (start, even) this one before doing so.
Melanie♥
Just did not connect with this book. Have been wanting to try this author, but ended up skimming about mid-way and dnf'ed shortly after. I have one other in my tbr so will be curious to see if I like that one better.
Emily
"Buck wants nothing more than to please Caroline and with a few tricks up his sleeve he finds she is more than interested."

Full review on Sensual Reads
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Lissa Matthews is one of my new favorite authors! Great story with superb insight into BDSM and starting over. Plus the cover photo is SCRUMPTIOUS!
Melissa
I really liked this novella, although I wish it were longer. Some light D/s super hotness and heroine who knows what she wants!

4 stars
  • Black Jack
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Mr. Buff
  • Deacon's Touch (Dume Ranch Series, #1)
  • Holiday Bound
  • Cocked And Loaded
  • Roped In (Bondage Ranch, #1)
  • Mr. Smith's Whip (Taboo Wishes, #4)
  • Sweet Charity (Bettencourt Brothers, #2)
  • Tamed
  • Bottoms Up (Purgatory Club #5
  • Men On Fire
  • Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • One of the Guys
  • Long Shots: Books 1-3
  • Kissing Cowboy (Men of S.W.A.T., #3)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
Simple Need (Simple Need, #1) Ink Spots (Simple Need, #3) Carnal Ecstasy (Simple Need, #2) Committed: An Erotic Valentine's Tale Arctic Shift (Denali Heat, #1)