Start by marking “Three Strikes and You're Dead (Murder, She Wrote, #26)” as Want to Read:
Three Strikes and You're Dead (Murder, She Wrote, #26)

Three Strikes and You're Dead (Murder, She Wrote #26)

The newest novel in the "USA Today" bestselling series finds Jessica Fletcher cooking up a heartwarming holiday dinner and a fresh serving of trouble ]
Jessica Fletcher would like nothing more than to sit back and relax as Thanksgiving comes to Cabot Cove. But this year, she's already got more on her plate than she can handle.
Jessica is suffering from a rare case of writ
Published September 4th 2007 by Penguin Group US (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Three Strikes and You're Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Strikes and You're Dead

Aparna
Jul 06, 2016 Aparna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3 / 5
Recommendation: If you want an easy and quick murder mystery pick it up and you will enjoy it.

Murder, She Wrote: Three Strikes And You're Dead is the 26th installment of the book in this series whose books were based off of the famed Universal Television Murder, She Wrote. Written by Jessica Fletcher and Donald Bain, the books was published in October of 2006. The plot is based in and around baseball - the game that I understand very less. A great timing for me to complete this book
Selten Kaninchen
3.5 stars. Much better than the other Murder, She Wrote book I've read, Prescription for Murder. There were clues I could pick up on (if I had been trying to find them), an accurate Jessica Fletcher, interesting plot, and a climactic mystery. The big reveal at the end was indeed a big reveal, which was very satisfying. The only reason this book isn't 4 stars for me is because I didn't appreciate the use--albeit not too frequent--of swearing and such. I understand this is an adult book, but there ...more
Karol
Oct 20, 2008 Karol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: "Murder She Wrote" fans
Shelves: read-in-2008
I liked this one - pretty much followed the TV Show formula. Being a fan of the show, that was OK with me. I tend to like the stories that take place in Cabot Cove more than others - just seems like something is lost when the Cabot Cove crowd is not a major part of the story.

This is the second "Murder She Wrote" book that I've read, and I'll likely read more of them. Sometimes you need some fluff and this fits the bill nicely. Entertaining - and the books give a bit more insight into how Jessica
Susan
Sep 21, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-fiction
I think a 3.5 rating is what I would give this book. I enjoyed the novel and the conclusion was not what I expected. These "Murder, She Wrote" novels use clean language and are sex free. They hold your attention. This one is about a minor-league baseball team. One of the players was murdered, and another one of the players--the foster son of Jessica's friends--is arrested for the murder. It's up to Jessica to clear his name.
Rage
Jul 19, 2013 Rage rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a very gritty portrayal of young athletes. lots of jell-o shots and cruel application of the word "dweeb."

I liked jessica's interaction with the reporter, karen. and, in a way, it's interesting that ty - talented baseball player accused of murder - isn't a character so much in his own right as he is presented to jessica via other people's opinions (the perspective of the media, what his peers think, how he acts around his foster father). hmm
Susan Jo Grassi
Jul 01, 2015 Susan Jo Grassi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Murder, She Wrote" is one of my all time favorite TV shows so it would stand to reason that I would love the books too. Set in Arizona with a Double A baseball farm team, things really heat up when a team member is murdered and the blame is placed on the foster son of the friends Jessica is visiting. I loved it! Definitely a good summertime read.
Aug 11, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recently finished watching the entire tv series for the first time and this was my first JB Fletcher book. Really enjoyed it and can't wait to read more in the series. I'm impressed that they are still making these!
Carol
Aug 14, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a Murder She Wrote series book and the story was really good and it happens to be set in Mesa, AZ and be about a minor league baseball team which added to the fun. I enjoyed the TV series and the book was good too.
Andrea
Oct 30, 2013 Andrea rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I love me some Jessica Fletcher, but I didn't love this one. It's probably one of my least favorite mysteries of hers. :( I don't know if it didn't include much of the usual characters.

I quick, easy read none-the-less.
David Duggar
Jul 09, 2016 David Duggar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This is an excellent Murder, She Wrote story. Great characters and nicely written. I always like the effort put into setting the scene. Very enjoyable.
Lacey
I did not use the kindle version but apparently that was the only edition on here...I actually read the guard over book!
Kristi
Feb 18, 2017 Kristi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
In this installment of the series, Jessica Fletcher has traveled to Arizona to visit old friends. She is thrilled to watch her friends' foster son, Ty, score the winning run at a AA league playoff game. However, the trip quickly turns sour when Ty's rival turns up dead. Jessica sets out to find the true murderer and clear Ty's name.

I enjoyed this book. I did miss the familiar characters from Cabot Cove. I wish that someone would have been able to make the trip. The mystery was interesting. I did
Ann
Jul 22, 2011 Ann rated it it was amazing
If you remember the TV series "Murder She Wrote" and enjoyed it, then you will enjoy this series of books also. It is the same Jessica Fletcher in her way of discovering who really did it, while protecting those close to her from being the person who is persecuted for the crime. This one takes place while visiting friends in Arizona. The friends adopted son plays for a minor baseball team. He is accused of murdering a jealous player on his own team. Jessica has to figure out who really klled him ...more
Lynn
Mar 14, 2014 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listen-on-cd
Jessica Fletcher is visiting her friends in Mesa, Arizona whose foster son, Ty Ramos was playing on the Mesa Rattlers team. The season ended with Ty hitting the winning run so the team had a winning season. The team went to a bar after the team dinner. The next morning Junior Bennett, a player on the team and the owner's son was dead. Ty was found in a team mate's car sleeping off drinking too much and blood on his shirt. The police found Ty and took him down to the station. It looks like Ty was ...more
Doris
Jan 23, 2017 Doris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another intriguing 'Murder She Wrote' mystery that requires the amateur sleuth to find a killer to save the foster kid of her friends. And, at first, it all looks so dire ...
The story is a mixture of a friend helping out - not only in digging into happenings that the police might not have a chance to but also doing some souvenir and food shopping for friends back home. Jessica Fletcher is such a motherly and homey person, she tries to do everything possible, no matter what comes her way and/or i
Nicolas
Enjoyable, but one of my least favorites in an otherwise great series. The characters weren't very interesting and Jessica's connection to the case didn't make a whole lot of sense. However, even with it's faults the mystery itself was original and kept me guessing until very late in the book. I look forward to the next enry.
Lauri Saplad
Popular TV sleuth and mystery author, Jessica Fletcher, goes to Arizona for a vacation to visit some old friends. While visiting, her friends' stepson is arrested on suspicion of murder of a baseball teammate. Jessica uses her detecting skills to help solve the case. Lots of red herrings and twists to help keep you on your toes!
Jackie
Dec 15, 2015 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! Fun to read. I enjoyed the mystery very much!
Georgene
Feb 02, 2014 Georgene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
What can I say? This is a mystery based on the long running television program "Murder She Wrote". It's o.k., but not riveting.
Kathryn
Yes, I have an addiction...
Arlene Morrell
Jul 13, 2016 Arlene Morrell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My favorite Jessica Fletcher book to date. I did not guess the who done it until later in the story. I thought it was a good surprise in the end.

Missy
Not my favorite subject matter, so not as interesting to me.
Marcy Graybill
I listened to this in the car. My sister hated the readers voice. I've gotten used to it. It wasn't the best book in the series, but a nice cozy.
Pat
Aug 04, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Another enjoyable Jessica.
Phyllis
What can I say; nice a flufffy. :)
Analia
Sep 04, 2012 Analia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very interesting story and has a twist to it...I love it!!!!! A murder mystery...
Karissa
Karissa rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2014
Lisa Hagar
Lisa Hagar rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Juanita
Juanita rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2010
The Women's Myste...: #26 Three Strikes and You're Dead 1 3 Aug 10, 2013 12:09AM
  • Out of Circulation (Cat in the Stacks, #4)
  • Murder under Cover (Bibliophile Mystery #4)
  • A Carol for Christmas (The Burke Family #1)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Murder, They Wrote (Includes: Aurora Teagarden)
  • Copycat Killing (A Magical Cats Mystery, #3)
  • Body Wave (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #4)
  • Murder Talks Turkey (Gertie Johnson, #3)
  • A Catered Christmas Cookie Exchange (A Mystery with Recipes, #9)
  • Fortune Cookie (A Culinary Mystery, #11)
  • Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • The Icing on the Corpse (Pawsitively Organic Mysteries #3)
  • One Hot Murder (Victoria Square, #3)
  • Murder on the Bride's Side (An Elizabeth Parker Mystery, #2)

Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and publi
More about Jessica Fletcher...

Murder, She Wrote (1 - 10 of 46 books)
  • Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1)
  • Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2)
  • Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3)
  • Brandy and Bullets (Murder, She Wrote, #4)
  • Martinis & Mayhem (Murder, She Wrote, #5)
  • A Deadly Judgment (Murder, She Wrote, #6)
  • A Palette for Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #7)
  • The Highland Fling Murders (Murder, She Wrote, #8)
  • Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)
  • Murder in Moscow (Murder, She Wrote, #10)