Three Strikes and You're Dead (Murder, She Wrote, #26)

Three Strikes and You're Dead (Murder, She Wrote #26)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  18 reviews
The newest novel in the "USA Today" bestselling series finds Jessica Fletcher cooking up a heartwarming holiday dinner and a fresh serving of trouble ]
Jessica Fletcher would like nothing more than to sit back and relax as Thanksgiving comes to Cabot Cove. But this year, she's already got more on her plate than she can handle.
Jessica is suffering from a rare case of writ...more
Published September 4th 2007 by Penguin Group US (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Three Strikes and You're Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Strikes and You're Dead

Pat
Visiting her old friends Judge Jack and Meg Duffy in Arizona, Jessica watches their foster son hit the winning run for the Mesa Rattlers in a AA league playoff game. She and the Duffys are thrilled at Ty Ramos's success, but team owner Harrison Bennett is not. His son Junior and Ty are bitter rivals, and the tension at the team dinner later that evening threatens to empty the dugouts.

By the next morning, Junior Bennett is dead, and Ty is the prime suspect. Jessica finds it hard to believe that...more
Ann
If you remember the TV series "Murder She Wrote" and enjoyed it, then you will enjoy this series of books also. It is the same Jessica Fletcher in her way of discovering who really did it, while protecting those close to her from being the person who is persecuted for the crime. This one takes place while visiting friends in Arizona. The friends adopted son plays for a minor baseball team. He is accused of murdering a jealous player on his own team. Jessica has to figure out who really klled him...more
Lynn
Jessica Fletcher is visiting her friends in Mesa, Arizona whose foster son, Ty Ramos was playing on the Mesa Rattlers team. The season ended with Ty hitting the winning run so the team had a winning season. The team went to a bar after the team dinner. The next morning Junior Bennett, a player on the team and the owner's son was dead. Ty was found in a team mate's car sleeping off drinking too much and blood on his shirt. The police found Ty and took him down to the station. It looks like Ty was...more
Georgene
What can I say? This is a mystery based on the long running television program "Murder She Wrote". It's o.k., but not riveting.
Karol
Oct 25, 2008 Karol rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: "Murder She Wrote" fans
Shelves: read-in-2008
I liked this one - pretty much followed the TV Show formula. Being a fan of the show, that was OK with me. I tend to like the stories that take place in Cabot Cove more than others - just seems like something is lost when the Cabot Cove crowd is not a major part of the story.

This is the second "Murder She Wrote" book that I've read, and I'll likely read more of them. Sometimes you need some fluff and this fits the bill nicely. Entertaining - and the books give a bit more insight into how Jessica...more
R.
a very gritty portrayal of young athletes. lots of jell-o shots and cruel application of the word "dweeb."

I liked jessica's interaction with the reporter, karen. and, in a way, it's interesting that ty - talented baseball player accused of murder - isn't a character so much in his own right as he is presented to jessica via other people's opinions (the perspective of the media, what his peers think, how he acts around his foster father). hmm
Kathryn
Yes, I have an addiction...
Nicolas
Enjoyable, but one of my least favorites in an otherwise great series. The characters weren't very interesting and Jessica's connection to the case didn't make a whole lot of sense. However, even with it's faults the mystery itself was original and kept me guessing until very late in the book. I look forward to the next enry.
Carol
This is a Murder She Wrote series book and the story was really good and it happens to be set in Mesa, AZ and be about a minor league baseball team which added to the fun. I enjoyed the TV series and the book was good too.
Andrea
I love me some Jessica Fletcher, but I didn't love this one. It's probably one of my least favorite mysteries of hers. :( I don't know if it didn't include much of the usual characters.

I quick, easy read none-the-less.
Lacey
I did not use the kindle version but apparently that was the only edition on here...I actually read the guard over book!
Marcy Graybill
I listened to this in the car. My sister hated the readers voice. I've gotten used to it. It wasn't the best book in the series, but a nice cozy.
Analia
This is a very interesting story and has a twist to it...I love it!!!!! A murder mystery...
Susie
These are perfect for those who like the TV series (and who doesn't? right? hello?).
Missy
Not my favorite subject matter, so not as interesting to me.
Sarah Jowett
Not bad... I liked the plot and the location.
Tracy Gilson
Enjoyable read. I love her thought processes.
Phyllis
What can I say; nice a flufffy. :)
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Marilyn Fjeldsted
Marilyn Fjeldsted marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Marilyn Fjeldsted
Marilyn Fjeldsted marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Heather Archibald
Heather Archibald marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Laura added it
Aug 27, 2014
Amber Waters
Amber Waters marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Eileen Mullins
Eileen Mullins marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
The Women's Myste...: #26 Three Strikes and You're Dead 1 3 Aug 10, 2013 12:09AM
  • Murder under Cover (A Bibliophile Mystery, #4)
  • The Missing Dough (Pizza Lovers, #6)
  • Words With Fiends (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #3)
  • Read It and Weep (Library Lover's Mystery, #4)
  • The Silence of the Library (Cat in the Stacks, #5)
  • Death Swatch (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #6)
  • Murder by Mocha (Coffeehouse Mystery, #10)
  • Plan Bee (A Queen Bee Mystery, #3)
  • Murder By Manicure (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #3)
  • First-Degree Fudge (A Fudge Shop Mystery #1)
  • Murder Talks Turkey (Gertie Johnson, #3)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
Jessica Fletcher (born Jessica Beatrice MacGill, and writes under the initialed J.B. Fletcher) is a fictional character from the US television series Murder, She Wrote.

In keeping with the spirit of the TV show, a series of official original novels have been written by American ghostwriter Donald Bain and published by the New American Library. The author credit for the novels is shared with the fic...more
More about Jessica Fletcher...
Gin & Daggers (Murder, She Wrote, #1) Manhattans & Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #2) A Yuletide Murder (Murder, She Wrote, #11) Rum & Razors (Murder, She Wrote, #3) Murder on the QE2 (Murder, She Wrote, #9)