Start by marking “The Nameless Dead” as Want to Read:
The Nameless Dead

The Nameless Dead (Matt Wells #4)

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Crime writer Matt Wells hasn't had much time for a career of late—he's been too busy fighting for his life. And now he can't trust anyone, not even himself.

His thoughts are not his own—his subconscious has been infiltrated and a single word can trigger hidden orders buried deep within Matt's memory, turning him into a killing machine.

The FBI aims him at t
Published March 22nd 2011 by Mira (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Nameless Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Nameless Dead

Elizabeth A.
There's more than a little scheming going on in The Nameless Dead, the fourth, and last, book in author Paul Johnston's Matt Wells series. Following their involuntary assassination attempt on the President of the United States, British crime novelist Matt Wells and his pregnant girlfriend, London Metropolitan Detective Chief Superintendent Karen Oaten, are being held by the FBI. As their activities were the result of a mind control experiment performed by a Neo-Nazi group, the FBI is working on ...more
James Kidd
I roared though the second half of this book today. Hey- it's not great writing, or the best plot ever, but I was suitably carried along. All rather unbelievable - natch. But great fun along the way
J.C. Hart
The premise of this novel appealed to me on a few levels. I loved the movie 'The Manchurian Candidate', and it reminded me of that in some ways. I love conspiracies and secrecy, threats on a national level. You know, all the good stuff that comes with a thriller. This book has all that, plus Nazi's, Satanists, and quite a large cast of characters.

I didn't know at the time that it was book #4 in a series. That said, it does a decent job of providing you with enough information on the many charact
Kaura-amirah
About 2 years ago, my ex handed me 'The Death List' with a frown, and said she couldn't find it in her to read it all the way through. She knew I loved reading, and I'd often lie around doing so whilst she was sewing.

In the next two days, we had a trip to London planned, and I took the book along with me, the cover intriguing me - I always had a love for gory stuff!

The first chapter peaked my interest, but I wasn't lost in it. A few chapters later, I didn't want to put it down.
And thus begun my
Wilde Sky
This story of Nazis, brainwashing, religious fanatics and sinister plots by high ranking government officials was completely ludicrous with many very far fetched scenes, but it was still an entertaining read.

If you enjoy ‘shoot them up’ conspiracy books this is probably worth looking at.
love
The book is okay. It was exciting at first, but soon got old. How many times can the main character get in trouble and get somehow bailed out? Part of my dislike for the book is my fault. Someone gave me the book and I started reading it without knowing that it was possibly the third (It could be the fourth book or fifth book in the series. I am not sure. I haven't looked into it that much. I think it might be the last book in the series anyhow. I will just leave it at that.
Tuck
i really liked this author's noir dystopia of modern day scotland The Bone Yard A Thriller by Paul Johnston for their fairly believable characters and plots. these series of book in question though, while having lots of suspense and pager-turner qualities, have cardboard characters with cia/black ops sensibilities and too many guns. not really mysteries here but more cussler adventure. i suppose it puts beans on the table for him and his family, but....not a way forward really. ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Matt Wells is a crime writer who hasn,t had much time for his career as of late he,s to busy fighting for his life. He can,t trust anyone, not even himself. His subconscious has been infiltrated and a single word can trigger hidden orders buried deep within Matts memory. The FBI aims him at an architect of Nazi Revival and a devotee of the Anti church of Lucifer Triumphant. He took Matt,s life away and he must pay
M
Didn't read the previous books, so it was somewhat confusing in the beginning. It felt it could have stopped at some point, but kept going on.
Kim
enjoyed this, just wish I'd realised it was a series before I started. definitely want to read the ones before now!
Mikesawin Sawin
Not a bad read. I haven't read the first two books in the series, but I was able to jump onboard rather quickly.
Jolene
Awesome book!! If u love mysteries, murder, & mayhem read this book!!!
Adom
I thought it was a little boring and not really my style
David
An OK read but nothing great.
Kat
Wonderful ending!!!
Kelly Mcleod
Kelly Mcleod marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Antonis Yannopoulos
Antonis Yannopoulos marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Amy Collins
Amy Collins marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Allison Crawford
Allison Crawford marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Robyn
Robyn marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Nampula
Nampula marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Mallory Heart
Mallory Heart marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Benlove
Benlove marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Paul Johnston was born in Edinburgh, studied Greek at Oxford, and now divides his time between the UK and a small Greek island. His highly-acclaimed Quintilian Dalrymple series won the John Creasey Memorial Dagger for best first crime novel.

Series:
* Quint Dalrymple
* Alex Mavros
* Matt Wells
More about Paul Johnston...

Matt Wells (4 books)