Start by marking “Daily Guideposts 2011: Deluxe Edition” as Want to Read:
Daily Guideposts 2011: Deluxe Edition

Daily Guideposts 2011: Deluxe Edition

4.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  54 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
America s favorite devotional, now in it s 35th year with more than 20 million copies sold, Daily Guideposts is a trusted companion, helping readers to live and grow in their faith every day.

Each Daily Guideposts devotional includes:

- a short Scripture verse for reflection

- a true, first-person anecdote that shares the way God speaks through ordinary life events

- a brief p

Published October 1st 2010 by GuidepostsBooks (first published September 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Daily Guideposts 2011, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daily Guideposts 2011

Staci
Nov 26, 2010 Staci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Staci by: Phenix & Phenix
Shelves: 2010-reads
Why I wanted to read this book: I have many daily inspirational books that I've purchased for myself over the years. Usually I find them when I'm depressed, sad, or need to ratchet up my faith. Jessica from Phenix&Phenix sent me an email asking if I would like to review a copy of this book and it couldn't have been better timing as I was finding myself very blue about my son leaving for the Marines, having strained relations with my parents, and encountering some rough patches in my own marr ...more
Rachel
Dec 22, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I grew up in church, so the name of Guideposts has been familiar to me my whole life. This book of devotionals lives up to its familiar name. Guideposts has become synonymous with quality in materials for prayer and reflection, and this book is no exception. The Introduction tells me that the theme for this collaborative effort is "Growing in Love." Each day in the book is one page, with a Bible verse at the beginning and a short prayer at the end, with a true, first-person narrative in between. ...more
Cherie
Dec 31, 2011 Cherie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been starting my day with this excellent daily devotional book for many years. The devotions aren't theologically deep and complicated, but warm, thought-provoking and uplifting. After a couple of months you feel that you know the contributors personally. Often I have to resist the urge to "read ahead".
Terri
Aug 07, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have been a reader of Guideposts almost my whole life. Granny had a subscription and read it, then gave it to Mom, then me and my sister Tracie got it. More often than not, it's exactly what I need to read or "hear" on any given morning.
Lois
Dec 15, 2010 Lois rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This treasure trove of encounters with various aspects of the Christian faith, written by 55 contributing writers from all over the USA, is so captivating that it is highly likely that you will find yourself wanting to read more than one day’s entry at a time. The contributors range widely in the paths that they have chosen along life’s way, yet all are bound together by their solid belief in the one true Savior, a belief that has enabled them to survive many a storm.

In a section called “Friend
Kathleen Kelly
Oct 16, 2010 Kathleen Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Daily Guideposts 2011 is a beautiful book, inside and out. Each day's page has an inspiring true anecdote with Scripture quotes, prayers for every day of 2011. The theme of this book is Growing with Love and each day is a devotion written by 50+ different authors. It is a guide for the reader to learn to grow spiritually. This book is a celebration of the 35th year anniversary of Guideposts and is a beautifully written book with a gorgeous cover. The devotions tell us in what ways God is in all ...more
Lee
Jan 28, 2016 Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daily devotionals from 55 different contributors. This is the 35th anniversary edition with the theme "Growing in Love".
Freda Labianca
This Christian devotional was a page a day, with a passage from the bible, then a story from someone that relates to the teaching in the passage, then finished off with a quote. I had a nice experience with this devotional, but don't feel I learned anything from it. It was just another book to add to my daily morning reading routine, where I read my bible, the Qu'ran and whatever devotionals I have for that year. While I appreciated all the content, it is just not one I would rush out to buy. Mo ...more
Sherri
Jan 04, 2015 Sherri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Guideposts daily devotional.
Alexandra
Mar 06, 2016 Alexandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't read all of this during 2011, so I'm starting over in 2012. I have always loved Guideposts and my mom always gives it to the women in our family for Christmas presents. It's a tradition I'm happy to be a part of now.
Erica
Jan 04, 2012 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a year long book ~ a scripture for each day of the year. I've been reading daily guideposts for the last four years. I find them very uplifting and often heartwarming. The perfect 5 mintues of peace everyday.
Erin Estes
Three months late in finishing this daily devotional, but hey, better late than never, right?
Nancy
Nov 30, 2013 Nancy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
I have read these for years and enjoy them. It is nice to have a positive thought before bed.
Marie Irving
Marie Irving rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Trisha
Trisha rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
April Vaughn
April Vaughn rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
Chelsea Cuellar
Chelsea Cuellar rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Maryann Kolbeck
Maryann Kolbeck rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
James
James marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2016
Natalie Pair
Natalie Pair marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Lynn Seel
Lynn Seel rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Marilyn
Marilyn marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Brenda Meyer
Brenda Meyer rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2015